Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:14:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Downing street party  (Read 15879 times)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Downing street party
« Reply #300 on January 15, 2022, 09:09:16 pm by tyke1962 »
To any politically unbiased mind, he did apologise. For that, you will have to take my word for it.

I'm no great lover of the current Labour Party BB .

He didn't apologise , trust me he didn't .

To be honest the detail is neither here nor there .

Johnson either goes very soon or he goes in two years time and he's humiliated at the ballot box .

The games up .

Thats the only detail that carries any weight in politics .

Once the public mood shifts that's it just as it was for Labour following the financial crash and Thatcher's Poll Tax moment .

Events kill governments and no independent inquiry by anyone will change that .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #301 on January 15, 2022, 09:16:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Tyke, you don't have to be a lover of the Labour party to dislike Boris Johnson, so that is no confirmation of a politically unbiased mind. You'll just have to take my word for it that he did apologise, trust me.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #302 on January 15, 2022, 09:17:16 pm by SydneyRover »
Tyke, you don't have to be a lover of the Labour party to dislike Boris Johnson, so that is no confirmation of a politically unbiased mind. You'll just have to take my word for it that he did apologise, trust me.

#trustmeborisjohnson

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #303 on January 15, 2022, 09:40:13 pm by tyke1962 »

As I say BB it doesn't really matter what you or I think because the country's mood music's shifted considerably away from Johnson and his party .

Gordon Brown could plead with the nation all he wanted and back it up with facts , graphs and whatever it took but the public weren't having it in 2010 .

That's my point .

On the point of Johnson I've said on this forum more times than I've eaten hot dinners that Johnson was never a authentic anti EU campaigner .

He was a bandwagon merchant , nothing more or less .

I've also stated a number of times on here that the real and authentic  anti EU campaigners were from the old industrial left , Corbyn was one , Foot , Benn , Scargill and the whole Trade Union movement back in the day .

However for all that one of the most remarkable pieces of footage I've seen on what the Common Market would become was delivered by Enoch Powell in the 1970's .

It's remarkably accurate , he even predicted we would eventually leave and it would be a shyte storm when we did and possibly way too late .

Whether you agree with his politics or not he was a man way way ahead of his time .

I'd challenge anybody today to predict where this country will be in 45 years time like he did with so much accuracy .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #304 on January 15, 2022, 09:48:45 pm by SydneyRover »
You wouldn't last long in a florists tyke.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #305 on January 15, 2022, 09:58:51 pm by tyke1962 »
You wouldn't last long in a florists tyke.

In the grand scheme of things that's probably summat I could live with Sydney .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #306 on January 15, 2022, 10:06:02 pm by SydneyRover »
Large consignments of white chalky paint seen being delivered to #10

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #307 on January 15, 2022, 10:11:02 pm by wilts rover »
A traitor - hang him:

I have regretfully come to the conclusion that Boris Johnson’s position is now untenable, that his resignation is the only way to bring this whole unfortunate episode to an end and I am working with colleagues to impress that view on Number 10.

https://twitter.com/timloughton/status/1482463465629495297

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #308 on January 15, 2022, 10:15:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Correct Tyke, it doesn't matter what you and I think, and I agree with your Gordon Brown sentiment also, but the attitude of the country has changed since then. We have become a country of bad losers where those who don't get their way when voting in referendums and elections have an overwhelming desire for it to fail, or even to demand a revote.

I don't want to be on the same side as them!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #309 on January 15, 2022, 10:18:09 pm by SydneyRover »
Correct Tyke, it doesn't matter what you and I think, and I agree with your Gordon Brown sentiment also, but the attitude of the country has changed since then. We have become a country of bad losers where those who don't get their way when voting in referendums and elections have an overwhelming desire for it to fail, or even to demand a revote.

May as well dissolve parliament and go for a dictatorship and then you will have your way bb #trustmenodiscussionallowed

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #310 on January 15, 2022, 10:33:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
See, here's the thing with BB.

He takes criticism of a flawed vote and criticism of a career liar of a politician as wishing ill on the country.

It's a bizarre stance but it's one he won't be moved on. No amount of carefully presented, logical argument will dissuade him from the certain knowledge that he is right in his opinions of other folk's nefarious motives.

So he goes into a bunker where he refuses, ever, to criticise one side. And he doesn't get how biassed that makes him.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #311 on January 15, 2022, 10:50:50 pm by tyke1962 »

I think it's too simplistic to say we have become a nation of bad losers BB .

I suspect you are referring to the referendum result as much as anything .

The referendum brought everything to the surface , this was way more than simply leaving the EU .

It concluded that they were more people pyssed off than were happy little puppies .

It's as simple as that really .

A normal run of the mill GE didn't expose that but the referendum did .

None too many on the remain side could see that or are or were even willing to admit it .

You can more or less count on one hand the number of people who were even willing to visit the high percentage leave areas and try and understand why they voted the way they did , even last year Labour sent a pro EU candidate up to Hartlepool to fight an election ....... And hmmm lost ??? .

Far easier to call them thick and racist it seems .

For all that they still insist you vote the right way which basically equates to how they see this country and you'd better accept it or else .....

For all the talk of Tory governments creating divisions in society they've nothing on the hysterical cross party remainer .

The world's changed , well maybe some people were happy the way it was before free movement .

I've never thought that was wrong but that's just my opinion .

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #312 on January 15, 2022, 11:12:48 pm by River Don »
The world has changed.

I have just been reading about the death of Italian designer Nino Cerrutti. He said he grew up in a national industrial society and that has been replaced by a global communications society.

Quite insightful for a fashion designer I thought. I think he's spot on, it's a change many are struggling to come to terms with.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #313 on January 15, 2022, 11:26:40 pm by tyke1962 »
The world has changed.

I have just been reading about the death of Italian designer Nino Cerrutti. He said he grew up in a national industrial society and that has been replaced by a global communications society.

Quite insightful for a fashion designer I thought. I think he's spot on, it's a change many are struggling to come to terms with.

As far as I'm able to say governments on both sides have never asked the country either in a manifesto or straight off the bat whether they wanted free movement or mass immigration .

It was delivered anyway .

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #314 on January 15, 2022, 11:52:12 pm by River Don »
The world has changed.

As far as I'm able to say governments on both sides have never asked the country either in a manifesto or straight off the bat whether they wanted free movement or mass immigration .

The government is busy negotiating with India to replace freedom of movement from the EU with mass immigration from the sub continent.

The economy demands an ever growing population and the Brits can't be counted on to supply sufficient numbers.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #315 on January 16, 2022, 02:47:01 am by SydneyRover »
Britain the cradle of democracy is getting close to a basket case because the tories need someone to tell them the difference between a work meeting and a party.

Are the tories and their fan club deliberately trying to destroy the country?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #316 on January 16, 2022, 10:05:56 am by tyke1962 »
The world has changed.

The government is busy negotiating with India to replace freedom of movement from the EU with mass immigration from the sub continent.

The economy demands an ever growing population and the Brits can't be counted on to supply sufficient numbers.

You'd imagine then that governments would have worked out that they then have to provide the infrastructure that's needed for an ever growing population RD ???

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #317 on January 16, 2022, 10:13:27 am by drfchound »

As I say BB it doesn't really matter what you or I think because the country's mood music's shifted considerably away from Johnson and his party .

Gordon Brown could plead with the nation all he wanted and back it up with facts , graphs and whatever it took but the public weren't having it in 2010 .

That's my point .

On the point of Johnson I've said on this forum more times than I've eaten hot dinners that Johnson was never a authentic anti EU campaigner .

He was a bandwagon merchant , nothing more or less .

I've also stated a number of times on here that the real and authentic  anti EU campaigners were from the old industrial left , Corbyn was one , Foot , Benn , Scargill and the whole Trade Union movement back in the day .

However for all that one of the most remarkable pieces of footage I've seen on what the Common Market would become was delivered by Enoch Powell in the 1970's .

It's remarkably accurate , he even predicted we would eventually leave and it would be a shyte storm when we did and possibly way too late .

Whether you agree with his politics or not he was a man way way ahead of his time .

I'd challenge anybody today to predict where this country will be in 45 years time like he did with so much accuracy .

There won’t be many of us still around though in 45 years time to respond to that challenge.
And if any of us are still around we won’t remember it anyway.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #318 on January 16, 2022, 10:28:56 am by wilts rover »
According to the Times today, Johnson was warned in advance of the party in the garden and that it was in breach of the rules

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1482653312998588422

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #319 on January 16, 2022, 10:34:44 am by SydneyRover »
Back on topic 150,000 dead, 175, 000 + recorded by the ONS UK and #10 with the imprimatur of johnson have been partying the whole while. As he is a renowned coward without backbone nor a sense of decency, it's up to the conservatives to beg or borrow some and show him the door.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #320 on January 16, 2022, 10:36:40 am by SydneyRover »
According to the Times today, Johnson was warned in advance of the party in the garden and that it was in breach of the rules

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #321 on January 16, 2022, 10:43:39 am by tyke1962 »
Back on topic 150,000 dead, 175, 000 + recorded by the ONS UK and #10 with the imprimatur of johnson have been partying the whole while. As he is a renowned coward without backbone nor a sense of decency, it's up to the conservatives to beg or borrow some and show him the door.

If they'd got somebody lined up that gave them the opportunity to win the next election he'd be gone already Sydney .

The Conservative Party always comes before the health of the nation , always has and always will .

If Thather's Poll Tax hadn't been met with so much protest and violence and risked losing the 92 election they'd have kept her on , the unfairness of that tax was actually incidental .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #322 on January 16, 2022, 10:46:14 am by SydneyRover »
not my post tyke, I bumped it as it was more important than mine .....

wilts

''According to the Times today, Johnson was warned in advance of the party in the garden and that it was in breach of the rules''

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #323 on January 16, 2022, 10:56:51 pm by SydneyRover »
Oh my ..............

''EXCLUSIVE: New No10 party revealed as Boris Johnson set to blame aides to save his job
The Mirror can reveal that the Prime Minister attended a leaving do for his defence adviser Captain Steve Higham in the run-up to Christmas 2020 and gave a speech''

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/new-no10-party-revealed-boris-25962670

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #324 on January 17, 2022, 03:05:42 pm by Metalmicky »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #325 on January 17, 2022, 05:46:27 pm by albie »
Kettering Town on the money;
https://twitter.com/KTFCOfficial/status/1481281037825150981

VAR will sort out...just waiting for Sue Gray to review playback in slo-mo!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #326 on January 17, 2022, 06:43:26 pm by wilts rover »

Dominic Cummings now saying he was one of the people who personally warned Johnson.

Who to believe - the bloke who lied about Brexit - or the bloke who designed the campaign for him to lie about Brexit and then lied about going to Barnard Castle for an eye test? Could both be lying of course? Tough call

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-dominic-cummings-says-boris-25972064?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #327 on January 17, 2022, 06:52:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Not a tough call really Wilts, just believe whose story suits your agenda, as per usual.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #328 on January 17, 2022, 07:25:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I do wonder what BB"s personal standards are like. Given that he automatically assumes people who disagree with him are hypocrites and liars. Despite them regularly providing evidence to show they are not.

I wonder what life experiences you have to end up with that core belief.

Meanwhile, the rolling average of opinion polls has Labour 12% ahead. Anyone want to hazard a guess when Labour were last consistently this far in front?

I'll give you a clue. Mark Sale was playing up front for us.

Of course things can change, but this is starting to look more and more like an epochal movement.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #329 on January 17, 2022, 07:42:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I do wonder what my comment to Wilts has to do with you.

Now I could respond to the rest of the b*llocks you wrote but your buddy Filo might accuse me of trolling you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012