Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:38:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Manager search  (Read 26231 times)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
Re: New Manager search
« Reply #150 on April 13, 2021, 07:15:22 pm by turnbull for england »
Why would anyone put a bet on Coppinger ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on April 13, 2021, 07:46:29 pm by northern soul »
Barring Nicky Butt that's just a list found from this forum and social media.

I've not seen Boatengs name mentioned before, also he's not mentioned on any of the other manager odds, eg afc Wimbledon, Preston,

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on April 13, 2021, 07:51:06 pm by MachoMadness »
Boateng is a youth coach at Villa. Someone putting 2+2 together with the Henshall connection I feel.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on April 13, 2021, 07:53:23 pm by Padge_DRFC »

I've not seen Boatengs name mentioned before, also he's not mentioned on any of the other manager odds, eg afc Wimbledon, Preston,

Twitter seen it a few times today.

Wonder also where Nicky Butt has come from on that list.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on April 13, 2021, 08:41:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Twitter seen it a few times today.

Wonder also where Nicky Butt has come from on that list.

Somebody mentioned him on this forum somewhere, I remember reading it and thinking WTF.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on April 13, 2021, 08:42:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
No thanks. Another one who would be off at the first sniff of another job.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on April 13, 2021, 08:43:00 pm by normal rules »
Butts name was in the free press

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on April 13, 2021, 08:44:03 pm by Not Now Kato »
It's not just a new manager we need, it's a whole bloody team!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on April 13, 2021, 08:48:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Frank Lampard appears at 40/1. :laugh:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on April 13, 2021, 08:49:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
He's hopeless. Would rather we gave job to his missus.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on April 13, 2021, 08:56:45 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Can’t believe we’re just going to see the season out like this while waiting for people to send a CV in. So inflexible! If that’s the price for stability and a well run club so be it but sometimes you think just why

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on April 13, 2021, 09:01:29 pm by silent majority »
Can’t believe we’re just going to see the season out like this while waiting for people to send a CV in. So inflexible! If that’s the price for stability and a well run club so be it but sometimes you think just why

What are you expecting though?

We rush through a signing of a manager, so we can throw him in to the last few games in a forlorn attempt to do what exactly? And then we saddle the new manager with a bunch of loan players that will be gone at the end of the season, they carry on losing and the new manager must wonder what the hell he's done.

It just doesn't make sense.

No, much more sensible to attract and find the right manager, let him build his squad over the summer and start again next season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on April 13, 2021, 09:04:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
We've got the process started and will have someone in soon enough. Not much more we could ask for now. We are where we are, so let's see the process through as quickly as we can.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on April 13, 2021, 09:12:57 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

We rush through a signing of a manager, so we can throw him in to the last few games in a forlorn attempt to do what exactly? And then we saddle the new manager with a bunch of loan players that will be gone at the end of the season, they carry on losing and the new manager must wonder what the hell he's done.

No, much more sensible to attract and find the right manager, let him build his squad over the summer and start again next season.

Your right now we're in this situation it is what it is.

But maybe giving the new manager 4 games or whatever will help him make his mind up on a few players and also it's a few weeks longer to sort out targets for summer which will surely help because we're going to be busy. Also there's cold hard logic and there's what will give us some hope for next season. Until the new manager is sorted we're kind of in limbo and it's hard to be positive about next year. A new manager even for the last two games will lift the fans, forget about the players most of them aren't DRFC players any more as far as they are concerned. 

Mainly i guess i'm disappointed we're in this position in the 1st place it's been done to death about not starting the process when Moore left so no point going over it again.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on April 13, 2021, 09:16:59 pm by Danmckay456 »

Build what another turnover of players and loanees who won’t roll their sleeves up and fight when the heat is on too many luxury players picking up good wages on reputation rather than the present.

I’m rovers through and through but players not trying and throwing the towel a big shock in store next season for season tickets

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on April 13, 2021, 09:22:20 pm by dickos1 »
It is too late now, and there isn’t any point appointing a manager.
But we should’ve started this process the day after Moore left.
And if butler was the best candidate given him the job, as it’s turned out he isn’t yet weve left ourselves in a right mess with no way of saving this season

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on April 13, 2021, 09:26:02 pm by Retdon1 »

Maybe a new caretaker needs to be found then as we won’t pick up another Point under Butler. He needs to get his boots back on

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on April 13, 2021, 09:26:24 pm by ravenrover »
As people are throwing names aroind Liam Rosenior anyone?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on April 13, 2021, 09:28:28 pm by Chris Black come back »

No chance. Will never forget the appalling behaviour of his father towards Dave Penney when we played Torquay away at end of the 2003/4 season. We don't want that kind of family influence in the club.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on April 13, 2021, 09:41:41 pm by GazLaz »

That’s a smart suggestion.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on April 13, 2021, 09:50:24 pm by essexrover »
Boateng is a youth coach at Villa. Someone putting 2+2 together with the Henshall connection I feel.
Another "devout Christian". I think I've had my fill of those managing Rovers  :(

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on April 13, 2021, 10:15:57 pm by TheFunk »
What decent manager will want any part of this shower.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on April 14, 2021, 01:29:36 am by godlike1 »

Nope SM I your a club really wanting promotion you act quickly to get someone in place.promptly to give us the best chance to do that.

No defending the club on this I'm afraid. They have well and truly f****d this season up.

Even with 8 games to go there is a long shot someone new would get the points needed to get into the playoffs.

What have the board done?

Accept that being beaten every week and doing a young managers reputation no good at all is perfectly OK.

No excuse for this at all. Im genuinely quite disgusting at the clubs approach

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on April 14, 2021, 02:40:45 am by PDX_Rover »

Nope SM I your a club really wanting promotion you act quickly to get someone in place.promptly to give us the best chance to do that.

No defending the club on this I'm afraid. They have well and truly f****d this season up.

Even with 8 games to go there is a long shot someone new would get the points needed to get into the playoffs.

Accept that being beaten every week and doing a young managers reputation no good at all is perfectly OK.

No shock there.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on April 14, 2021, 07:45:35 am by idler »

I admire your honesty in that last sentence.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on April 14, 2021, 08:02:48 am by godlike1 »

No shock there.

Going by that comment you clearly think all I ever do is knock the club.

I actually defend them resolutely in many cases and never doubt the commitment shown to keep this club alive.

Yes my post was in the heat of yet another poor performance and yes the players themselves have alot to answer for but..............Well re read my post above based on how the bd should have acted as soon as DM left

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on April 14, 2021, 11:39:18 am by bobjimwilly »
Going by that comment you clearly think all I ever do is knock the club.

I actually defend them resolutely in many cases

Metalmicky

• Forum Member

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on April 14, 2021, 11:59:20 am by silent majority »

So, in summary, you're asking the club to do exactly what I outlined above and bugger all the consequences?

Even now you're suggesting we just grab hold of a manager, throw him in the deep end and see what happens over the next 8 games, in the forlorn hope that this bunch of half interested players will respond and deliver the promotion that we would all like to see.

Not going to happen.

It seems to me that your the type of gambler who's stood at the end of the roulette table, having had a long streak of good wins, is now ignoring the run of losses that your luck has delivered and wants to throw the last of your mortgage money on a few turns of the whee,l in the hope that you can come out of this feeling good about yourself.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:03:18 pm by silent majority »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on April 14, 2021, 12:26:52 pm by pib »
Why are the players "half interested" I wonder? Something must have gone off to bring about this complete turnaround in attitude.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012