Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:25:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tickets for home leg  (Read 40424 times)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Tickets for home leg
« Reply #60 on May 06, 2019, 07:46:51 pm by donnievic »
Why have they done that, we should be able to fill the ground for this one like we did for the Palace game, terrible decision.
we wouldn’t sell all them anyway

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 06, 2019, 07:51:19 pm by WheatleyRover »
Why have they done that, we should be able to fill the ground for this one like we did for the Palace game, terrible decision.
we wouldn’t sell all them anyway

If we can't fill the ground for a home play-off semi final, something is wrong

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 07, 2019, 12:16:21 am by WheatleyRover »
If they're having the East, then they should open the West block up for us.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 07, 2019, 08:06:20 am by Filo »
I get the fincial side of selling them those tickets, what I don’t get is we have the manager and players asking and saying get behind the team it makes all the difference, and the club then make the task harder by selling the opposition an exta 800 tickets to the opposition in a crucial play off game

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 07, 2019, 08:14:51 am by RedJ »
It hasn't even been decided that they're getting them yet though has it? Everyone who sells the initial allocation has the "option" of more. We don't necessarily have to give them up - especially if demand dictates we will need them, surely?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 07, 2019, 08:16:06 am by IDM »
We have had this debate before, has the extra 800 allocation actually officially been decided on, or is this speculation sparked on social media.?

Some fans on here were calling the club all sorts last time this happened and were later proved wrong..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 07, 2019, 08:17:39 am by steve@dcfd »
Having sold nearly 2000 home tickets yesterday, 1st day for season ticket holders, we should hopefully sell enough tickets to fill the home seats. Maybe when they go on general sale ticket sales will increase so those 800 may not be given to Charlton. But there may not be lot of time for that decision.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 07, 2019, 08:25:36 am by Donnywolf »
We have had this debate before, has the extra 800 allocation actually officially been decided on, or is this speculation sparked on social media.?

Some fans on here were calling the club all sorts last time this happened and were later proved wrong..

I read on a Charlton "site" cant remember if Official one or their Twitter feed that they had been allocated "3000+ with the option of a further 800"

See if I can find it and post later

Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial  May 5         🎟 We have confirmation that we will receive an allocation of just over 3,000 for our away tie at @drfc_official with an additional 800 seats if required. But hold tight, we'll announce when they will be going on sale as soon as we can. #cafc
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 08:32:21 am by Donnywolf »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 07, 2019, 08:38:39 am by Boomstick »
I don’t get why people are so bothered about 800 tickets.

Charlton have 3k to sell, Rovers have 10k (or thereabouts) to sell before it even becomes a problem.

It’s impossible to know what general aale will bring as it’s a bit of a unique situation to be in the play-offs, but hopefully they’ll go well.

800 seats won’t make a difference anyway.

Mansfield had 5k at MK Dons on Saturday. Leeds had 60k at Wembley (if you listen to their exaggeration) and it didn’t matter.

Given the silly events of last Saturday in the South Stand, if Charlton do flog 3k, it’s better to give them 800 more rather than risk them coming in the home ends.
My argument is that it's about marginal gains. Something team sky are exceptional at, and it works. Super car manufacturers also adopt it by shaving grams of weight everywhere, which amounts to kilograms over the whole car.
Whack the heating on the away changing room full.
'lose' the key for their changing room for an hour.
Don't give them the 800 extra seats.
Paint the changing room a horrible colour.
Remove a few bulbs in the changing room etc

It all adds up to a bigger advantage

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 07, 2019, 08:38:44 am by Donnywolf »
I was right - I originally posted 3001 and 781 ..... then could find only the Tweet I posted above so altered my Post

I think they will flog the 3001 and then as others say "we will have to wait and see" if they ask for or get the extra 781

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 07, 2019, 09:04:03 am by Boomstick »

Charlton have 3k to sell, Rovers have 10k (or thereabouts) to sell before it even becomes a problem.

It’s impossible to know what general aale will bring as it’s a bit of a unique situation to be in the play-offs, but hopefully they’ll go well.

Mansfield had 5k at MK Dons on Saturday. Leeds had 60k at Wembley (if you listen to their exaggeration) and it didn’t matter.

Given the silly events of last Saturday in the South Stand, if Charlton do flog 3k, it’s better to give them 800 more rather than risk them coming in the home ends.
My argument is that it's about marginal gains. Something team sky are exceptional at, and it works. Super car manufacturers also adopt it by shaving grams of weight everywhere, which amounts to kilograms over the whole car.

If they do sell 3k (and that's open to debate anyway for various reasons) then I'd give the extra 800 purely on the safety issues because if they ended up coming in the home ends, it has the potential for carnage.

Personally, I think it'll be a similar attendance to the Coventry game anyway - 2.5k in the away end and 8k in the home ends (which looked about what it was, despite the official attendance figure).
Aye, but we're playing Charlton on a Sunday lunchtime. Not Leeds on a Saturday night.
How many Charlton fans have a donny postcode? (which they would need to buy a ticket) I dare say none.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 07, 2019, 09:06:54 am by jackthelad »
Quote from: Boomstick link=topic=270233.msg860646# Yeah msg860646 date=1557214719

If they do sell 3k (and that's open to debate anyway for various reasons) then I'd give the extra 800 purely on the safety issues because if they ended up coming in the home ends, it has the potential for carnage.

Personally, I think it'll be a similar attendance to the Coventry game anyway - 2.5k in the away end and 8k in the home ends (which looked about what it was, despite the official attendance figure).y
Aye, but we're playing Charlton on a Sunday lunchtime. Not Leeds on a Saturday night.
How many Charlton fans have a donny postcode? (which they would need to buy a ticket) I dare say none.

I’ve never understood that whole postcode malarkey.
It’s so easy to pass that, a quick google search of Doncaster postcode and address and easy.

And yes I have done it before twice and got in.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 07, 2019, 09:33:22 am by WheatleyRover »
When i E-mailed the club about this before they confirmed the East Stand towards the North End is still a home section unless home support does not meet demand and home support will always come first for that section and would only be given to away support if required.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 07, 2019, 09:35:26 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Of course, if it wasnt that way we would have given them the lot which we haven't.  We hardly ever sell that many tickets and I'll be surprised if we do this week.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on May 07, 2019, 09:47:26 am by Spud »
We won't know the demand until the end if the week though, given that they don't go on general sale until Thursday.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 07, 2019, 11:04:59 am by idler »
Keep the 800 seats for ourselves then shove all the ones wearing Burberry and Stone Island in there.
That would stop a pitch invasion.😉

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on May 07, 2019, 11:25:45 am by besty »
When they go on general sale will there be a limit to how many you can get,I need 4 ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 07, 2019, 11:26:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Aye. Team Sky have been brilliant at marginal advantages. Especially ones in pill and syringe form...

The number of fans we have is secondary to the atmosphere we generate. Personally, I'd prefer us to have a more vociferous away support to push back against. It might just wake up some of the seat blockers in the West Stand.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 07, 2019, 11:32:31 am by Bentley Bullet »
What do you mean 'seat blockers'?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on May 07, 2019, 11:52:05 am by drfchound »
It would surprise me if we were to sell more than ten thousand home fans tickets.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on May 07, 2019, 12:40:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
It would surprise me if we were to sell more than ten thousand home fans tickets.

Especially when posters complain about prices and everybody has got to pay full price and no discounts.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on May 07, 2019, 12:45:33 pm by IDM »
It’s a play off towards a potential promotion, don’t see why we need to offer discounts..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on May 07, 2019, 12:48:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
It’s a play off towards a potential promotion, don’t see why we need to offer discounts..

I’m not complaining about discounts myself but posters have complained at our prices before and this season.

By the way Charlton have sold 15,000 tickets already for their home leg.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cd152b00db44/15000-home-tickets-sold-for-next-weeks-valley-play-off-semi-final

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on May 07, 2019, 12:55:01 pm by RedJ »
Aye but they're selling 4 per STH, we're selling just the STH.

Also, b*llocks to what they're doing.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on May 07, 2019, 01:01:07 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I do wonder why general sale is Thursday though, wed may have been better.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on May 07, 2019, 02:39:09 pm by steve@dcfd »
I do wonder why general sale is Thursday though, wed may have been better.

What I do not understand you can buy tickets on line so why have we got to wait specific days to get tickets. As there is no discounts should be on sale to everybody from now to online ticketing.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on May 07, 2019, 02:42:01 pm by IDM »
It’s to give ST holders and bronze members priority to buy.?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on May 07, 2019, 03:17:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Surely they could easily make the ST holders' seats unavailable for non-ST holders till Thursday?

Problem is with not making tickets available for general sale till Thursday, that means it's too late to post them out to folk who buy on line. So there'll be massive queues on Sunday morning to pick up tickets.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on May 07, 2019, 03:53:56 pm by selby »
  According to the Charlton forum we sold just over 2000 tickets to season ticket holders yesterday for the home game.
  Not the numbers they are selling tickets at but not bad with only one per person at the moment and the number of season ticket members we have.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012