Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 01:55:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Devante Cole - signed?  (Read 19335 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Devante Cole - signed?
« Reply #150 on January 28, 2020, 02:41:16 am by SydneyRover »
I don't see how this could have worked out any better for the club, maybe a few nerves would have benefitted if it had happened earlier on in the window but DM has his man, a man with a lot to prove, win-win. This could be the launch pad to a play off position and who knows what?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on January 28, 2020, 02:50:06 am by bpoolrover »
It’s a good signing for me , but if we had signed him or a striker as good as him months ago at a guess we would be quite a few points better off than we are now

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on January 28, 2020, 05:51:40 am by Chris Black come back »
We certainly have a compact squad but we have every base fully covered:

Dieng, Jones and Lawlor on 24 hr recall.

Halliday, Blair at right back. James, John and Amos at left back.

Anderson, Wright, John, Baptiste (soon) and Sheaf at centre back.

Whiteman, Sheaf and Gomes in centre midfield.

Sadlier, Blair, Copps, Taylor, Bingham, Watters in the attacking three.

Ennis and Cole in the one up.

We are a bit light in numbers and variety in centre midfield and also another option up front, maybe to allow either Cole or Ennis to drop to the attacking three if need be for some variety.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on January 28, 2020, 07:36:52 am by RoversAlias »
As you've laid it out there CBCB, I do think that our priorities in terms of depth should be to strengthen in central midfield and up front. Cole is a very good start to that.

Also worth adding that Watters can play up front too, as he did for a brief time on Friday night.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on January 28, 2020, 08:06:49 am by RugbyRover »
We certainly have a compact squad but we have every base fully covered:

Dieng, Jones and Lawlor on 24 hr recall.

Halliday, Blair at right back. James, John and Amos at left back.

Anderson, Wright, John, Baptiste (soon) and Sheaf at centre back.

Whiteman, Sheaf and Gomes in centre midfield.

Sadlier, Blair, Copps, Taylor, Bingham, Watters in the attacking three.

Ennis and Cole in the one up.

We are a bit light in numbers and variety in centre midfield and also another option up front, maybe to allow either Cole or Ennis to drop to the attacking three if need be for some variety.

for me we need another RB. We can't have Blair as cover (square pegs in round holes etc). We need another "playmaker" in midfield and ideally a couple more forwards, maybe a "poacher" to play with the "targetmen" we already have. I also reckon Bingham will have played his last game for us.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on January 28, 2020, 08:07:44 am by IDM »
It’s a good signing for me , but if we had signed him or a striker as good as him months ago at a guess we would be quite a few points better off than we are now

Not including Jan 1st we have played 4 times since the window opened, won two drawn one lost one..

Perhaps we would have posed more of a threat and maybe taken one more point vs Coventry.

We have got 10 points from the last 5 games, 13 from 7..

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on January 28, 2020, 08:30:57 am by Glyn_Wigley »
His attitude comes from his dad. Barnsley had trouble with his dad when he was there, if he was not picked his dad stormed in wanting to know why he was not playing, so if he does that here I hope DM tells him to do one and to keep his nose out

Well that's only part of the story .

Devante regularly turned up late for training which isn't likely to go down well with an old skool manager like Danny Wilson .

In the end Danny sent him packing back to Man City because he was more bother than he was worth .

It has to be said Devante was a young lad at the time and hopefully he's matured now .
I was going to say that but I would have been called a doom monger for telling the truth, because they don't like that on here

Who’s ‘they’ vicar?

a lot on here as if you say anything about the players the club or the directors even if true, they call toy a doom monger, but I must say they have not said that about me, or I don't think they have lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on January 28, 2020, 08:37:56 am by graingrover »
From the WIGAN forum
Cole gone to Doncaster on a permanent move, with his initial contact until the end of the year.

I know he never really did much for us, but could argue he never got the chance with a run in the team. The few times we did see him, he looked like he had some pace and could've possibly made things happen, though that was at L1 level... With that said, you could argue he's potentially just as good as Massey, Jacobs or Lowe who have now had ample opportunity to show us what they can do and rarely fail to disappoint.

Not saying Cole was great by any standards, but was he worse than others who've had chance after chance after chance and achieved very little? And could he have improved with a run in the team as others haven't?

No doubt he's gone either free or for pennies... Another waste. Got to wonder if 🤡 being a Liverpool fan and Cole's old man being a United legend counted against young Cole getting a fair shot at proving himself... I'd say the vast majority of managers would be more professional than to have that accusation leveled at them, but professionalism seems to be an anathema to Cook, whose team selection appears to be based entirely on who are his drinking buddies.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on January 28, 2020, 09:47:00 am by NickDRFC »
From the WIGAN forum
Cole gone to Doncaster on a permanent move, with his initial contact until the end of the year.

I know he never really did much for us, but could argue he never got the chance with a run in the team. The few times we did see him, he looked like he had some pace and could've possibly made things happen, though that was at L1 level... With that said, you could argue he's potentially just as good as Massey, Jacobs or Lowe who have now had ample opportunity to show us what they can do and rarely fail to disappoint.

Not saying Cole was great by any standards, but was he worse than others who've had chance after chance after chance and achieved very little? And could he have improved with a run in the team as others haven't?

No doubt he's gone either free or for pennies... Another waste. Got to wonder if 🤡 being a Liverpool fan and Cole's old man being a United legend counted against young Cole getting a fair shot at proving himself... I'd say the vast majority of managers would be more professional than to have that accusation leveled at them, but professionalism seems to be an anathema to Cook, whose team selection appears to be based entirely on who are his drinking buddies.

The guy who wrote that should join this forum...with conspiracy theories like that last paragraph he'd be right at home on here!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on January 28, 2020, 10:41:35 am by bpoolrover »

Not including Jan 1st we have played 4 times since the window opened, won two drawn one lost one..

Perhaps we would have posed more of a threat and maybe taken one more point vs Coventry.

We have got 10 points from the last 5 games, 13 from 7..

i was thinking more when Ennis was out injured I should have made clearer sorry

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on January 28, 2020, 10:43:29 am by IDM »
Ok no worries..

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on January 28, 2020, 12:47:34 pm by Pancho Regan »
Not wishing to be negative but I really didn't think we'd get to Jan 28th and only have got one signing 'over the line'.
It's getting very last minute to add a couple more, which is what I feel we need.

Stay calm......

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on January 28, 2020, 03:33:39 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Cole is at least a good alternative for Ennis, he's a different player, he gives us options. But I think DM likes a style that has two out and out strikers, this could be very interesting and exciting to watch on the field.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on January 28, 2020, 04:12:07 pm by Lesonthewest »
What an excellent signing, welcome Devante Cole & well done all concerned for bringing him in.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on January 28, 2020, 04:21:27 pm by phil old leake »
Hopefully he will start tonight. Should be match fit and ready to go. I know he won’t have trained much but that shouldn’t matter

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on January 28, 2020, 04:54:24 pm by donnievic »
Can’t see him starting tonight

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on January 28, 2020, 05:30:38 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Nor can I donnievic, to put him straight into the firing line with a starting berth would only put undue pressure on him to get goals and that's never likely to be productive.  I expect him to get last 30 minutes and hope to nick one to get him off to a good start.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on January 28, 2020, 06:03:14 pm by MachoMadness »
Taken squad number 44. Means the 9 shirt is still open...

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on January 28, 2020, 06:18:53 pm by Al4475 »
No one saw it coming either I don't think - just how it should be!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on January 28, 2020, 06:35:14 pm by NickDRFC »
Taken squad number 44. Means the 9 shirt is still open...

It’s the hope that kills you ;)

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on January 28, 2020, 07:05:07 pm by Reesielad »
44 is his number, just like what 26 is to Copps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on January 29, 2020, 10:38:32 am by Metalmicky »
So - a first (albeit short) outing last night - any views people...?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on January 29, 2020, 10:40:49 am by IDM »
Looks quite strong, physical, that sort of thing..  didn’t get much of a sight of goal so too early to give much of an opinion..

Did nowt wrong in his cameo however.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on January 29, 2020, 11:21:54 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Thought he did OK. Had that chance at the end when he made a shooting chance which got blocked.

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on January 29, 2020, 11:34:46 am by Donny Viking »
Attacking movement was good, looked to get in and around penalty area when he could. Also won a couple of headers from long ball, but we didn't pick up on them. Ennis tries to role the defender too much for me and often doesn't even attempt to meet/head the ball - so this is another positive.

Actually would like to see Ennis and Cole play together, but not sure how that fits with DM's favored formation.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on January 29, 2020, 12:53:39 pm by adamtherover »
Thought he did OK. Had that chance at the end when he made a shooting chance which got blocked.

thought he was unlucky with that,  he controlled the ball well, a quick half turn and got a shot off. if it wasnt for the defenders block, it was probably a debut goal.   A fox in the box is deffo something we have been lacking,,,,

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on January 29, 2020, 04:48:44 pm by Bezza »
Looked like he could become a fans favourite, a couple of classy touches, look forward to seeing more of him, and well done Black Bank for giving him a good welcome, we could be a good club for him

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on January 29, 2020, 04:54:24 pm by Reesielad »
Looked like he could become a fans favourite, a couple of classy touches, look forward to seeing more of him, and well done Black Bank for giving him a good welcome, we could be a good club for him

Wonder what he made from the reception, it was brilliant to be fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on January 29, 2020, 05:02:10 pm by donny dave »
I heard  it on the ifollow but could make the word's out

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on January 29, 2020, 05:04:50 pm by Reesielad »
I heard  it on the ifollow but could make the word's out