Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:50:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Channel crossing record beat.(again and again and again)  (Read 37610 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Channel crossing record beat.(again and again and again)
« Reply #240 on November 26, 2021, 09:54:12 pm by SydneyRover »
I'm proving that you're post 233 is incorrect, what are you doing hound?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #241 on November 26, 2021, 09:59:33 pm by drfchound »
Im not trying to prove anything.
And I wasn’t in my earlier post either.
I was just telling people who may not have heard the bbc interview with a man who was in a good position to know what was going on.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #242 on November 26, 2021, 10:02:00 pm by SydneyRover »
If you acknowledge that what you posted was incorrect it would make for a balanced and useful debate hound.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on November 26, 2021, 10:06:10 pm by drfchound »
If you acknowledge that what you posted was incorrect it would make for a balanced and useful debate hound.

I have no idea if it was incorrect.
I was quoting what someone said on tv so that people could read it.
I also don’t want to debate anything with you.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #244 on November 26, 2021, 10:08:28 pm by SydneyRover »

I was quoting was someone said on tv so that people could read it.

You didn't read the link Albie put up then? nor the excerpts from it I posted? I suppose you think the government report is full of bollux too?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:38:53 pm by SydneyRover »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on November 26, 2021, 11:13:34 pm by albie »
The point of the Gov stats link was to show that neither politicians nor media will report the full picture, but cherry pick for their own purpose.

Now you can say it is newsworthy to report what Patel says, as she is Home Secretary.
That said, what she says is unlikely to be accurate, because she has form, and because she is looking to make political capital out of the migrant situation.

The bottom line is that those hoping to cross to the UK will do so, despite any attempts to deter.
They don't think that they have a realistic choice.

So if we want to avoid more tragedy, we need to give them safe passage, away from the criminals.

Once here, deal with their asylum claim fairly and quickly......it really is that simple unless you want to stir the pot and wind people up....which is what the posturing fools in the HoC can only think about!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on November 26, 2021, 11:50:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The big picture of course is that we in the West supported the Arab Spring, then sat on our hands when Syria collapsed and waves of people wanted to come to the West for a future. We called them every name under the sun. We said we should use gunboats to drive them back.

Now we have a wave coming from Afghanistan which we invaded then abandoned. The response is scum like that Mail journalist saying they are coming because we'll give them 40 quid a week.

As if anyone would pay ever penny they have in the world and risk their lives in dinghies on freezing seas for 40 quid a week. They are coming to try to make a future after their homeland has been f**ked up, partly by our Governments.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on November 27, 2021, 12:07:38 pm by wilts rover »
“What drives us down this road is sheer political prejudice. Not the facts. Because the facts do not support a case for cruelty.”

Lord Kerr destroys Priti Patel’s narrative about refugees with three simple facts.

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1464535733058818052?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #248 on November 29, 2021, 03:54:27 pm by Not Now Kato »

You didn't read the link Albie put up then? nor the excerpts from it I posted? I suppose you think the government report is full of bollux too?

He doesn't read posted links, he's said so previously.  I guess he'll not look at the link Wilts posted re Lord Kerr's destruction of Patel's narrative either!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on November 29, 2021, 04:26:52 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I find it interesting that the French answer yesterday is that the UK should make itself less attractive to refugees to solve the problem.  Totally bizarre.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #250 on November 29, 2021, 05:39:28 pm by wilts rover »
I find it interesting that the French answer yesterday is that the UK should make itself less attractive to refugees to solve the problem.  Totally bizarre.

In which they appear to be in agreement with Nigel Farage, Priti Patel and several posters on here who talk about how refugees should be treated/mistreated to stop their arrival. So yes bizarre - but you can clearly see where they are coming from and what/how they wish to stir-up.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on November 29, 2021, 05:51:28 pm by Sprotyrover »
Yes but as a representative of the British Government wasn’t invited  to that meeting it has nothing to do with us.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #252 on November 29, 2021, 06:13:26 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Yes but as a representative of the British Government wasn’t invited  to that meeting it has nothing to do with us.

Actually, Priti Patel was invited until BJ stuck his oar in by provocatively making public his letter to the French President telling him how he should resolve the refugee issue.  The French withdrew the invitation as a result.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #253 on November 29, 2021, 08:21:43 pm by SydneyRover »
I think the French said that the UK were allowing people to work and pay taxes without ID, which would be attractive, this is not true.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #254 on November 29, 2021, 08:23:28 pm by drfchound »

He doesn't read posted links, he's said so previously.  I guess he'll not look at the link Wilts posted re Lord Kerr's destruction of Patel's narrative either!

I’m not sure if you are lying on purpose kato, or trying to provoke an argument.
I have never said I don’t read any links.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #255 on November 29, 2021, 09:06:36 pm by SydneyRover »

I’m not sure if you are lying on purpose kato, or trying to provoke an argument.

But you do make claims that you don't read links, don't the papers, don't read comments to explain why you don't know stuff, isn't that correct hound?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #256 on November 29, 2021, 09:23:47 pm by drfchound »
No it is incorrect.
I don’t read SOME links SR.
I don’t buy newspapers but I do listen to news bulletins and do read news on the internet.
I do look up some things that I don’t understand.
I don’t believe everything that I read, especially some of the shite on here.
In fact I don’t read everything that’s gets posted on here.
Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 09:30:58 pm by drfchound »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #257 on November 29, 2021, 10:01:15 pm by SydneyRover »
No it is incorrect.
I don’t read SOME links SR.
I don’t buy newspapers but I do listen to news bulletins and do read news on the internet.
I do look up some things that I don’t understand.
I don’t believe everything that I read, especially some of the shite on here.
In fact I don’t read everything that’s gets posted on here.
Hope that helps.

Maybe if you did you'd have known your comment 233 was incorrect, just sayin' hound

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on November 29, 2021, 10:10:16 pm by drfchound »
Maybe if you read that post properly you would see that it wasn’t my opinion, just something that I had heard on the news.
I didn’t suggest it was right.
Just telling you.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on November 29, 2021, 10:23:46 pm by SydneyRover »
Maybe if you read that post properly you would see that it wasn’t my opinion, just something that I had heard on the news.
I didn’t suggest it was right.
Just telling you.

Yes I totally understand that hound, but you are aware that others are ridiculed for posting anon' sources from the radio etc, that are usually debunked so I'm not sure why you would think that it's a valid point, but I do accept that you posted an unattributed source on a subject you are not familiar with for some reason.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #260 on November 29, 2021, 10:56:18 pm by drfchound »
You’ve got the last word SR so rest easy on that thought.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #261 on November 30, 2021, 08:25:10 am by Axholme Lion »

At least some one can see the way forward. Treat them bad and they won't want to come here.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #262 on November 30, 2021, 11:51:32 am by normal rules »
The bloke they interviewed in Iraq who was worried about where his wife and kids were (sadly suspected to have perished in the channel) did not seem like he needed to escape conflict or persecution.
They are economic migrants plain and simple. Not refugees. I believe there is some truth in the case for making the uk less appealing .

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #263 on November 30, 2021, 04:06:35 pm by Not Now Kato »

Neither lying nor trying to provoke an argument, it was simply something you typed in a reply to me.

Meanwhile, we seem to have reached a new low in this country....

https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/news/people/hastings-rnli-lifeboat-crew-blocked-from-going-out-to-sea-by-people-angry-at-them-rescuing-refugees-3475179

And I'm given to understand that the ringleader is actually a local fisherman down there of all people!

p.s. I wonder if you'll read the article in this link?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #264 on November 30, 2021, 05:35:20 pm by Sprotyrover »
Interesting! Chairman of Hastings fishermens association states it was a row about the lifeboat launching from the east side of the Harbour arm instead of the West side ,there was a fishing boat in the way and there was a fall out, Police attended and no arrests made!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on November 30, 2021, 05:38:25 pm by drfchound »

Neither lying nor trying to provoke an argument, it was simply something you typed in a reply to me.

Meanwhile, we seem to have reached a new low in this country....

https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/news/people/hastings-rnli-lifeboat-crew-blocked-from-going-out-to-sea-by-people-angry-at-them-rescuing-refugees-3475179

And I'm given to understand that the ringleader is actually a local fisherman down there of all people!

p.s. I wonder if you'll read the article in this link?

Kato, sorry to correct you but I have never said I don’t read any links.
You won’t find a post of mine that says I never read any of them.
I did say that I don’t read some links, usually dependant on who posts them or what their agenda is.
I did read this latest one of yours because it seemed interesting.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on November 30, 2021, 06:57:27 pm by selby »
  It is nothing to do with us, the accident happened in French waters. They want a border in the Irish sea, give them one in the channel.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #267 on December 18, 2021, 09:04:13 pm by normal rules »
Another 900 between thurs and Friday this week.
Where on earth are they putting all these people?
In 2021 I reckon that’s the keepmoat filled twice, and that’s just the ones we know about.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #268 on December 18, 2021, 09:22:45 pm by SydneyRover »
Just think of it as one of the richest countries in the world helping those that are being displaced through no fault of their own.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #269 on December 18, 2021, 09:30:14 pm by normal rules »
I’ll agree with you up to and including the word helping.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012