Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:54:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Channel crossing record beat.(again and again and again)  (Read 37658 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Channel crossing record beat.(again and again and again)
« Reply #300 on January 05, 2022, 09:59:48 am by normal rules »
So brits that move abroad are classed as refugees ? Get real.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #301 on January 05, 2022, 10:19:18 am by SydneyRover »

So what would you call brits that have left the UK for better jobs or conditions in the middle east, the US, Europe or anywhere else including Australia for that matter?

''Providing any visas are reciprocal.
Cheap housing in India .
Nice climate.
Great food.
That’s my retirement sorted.
''

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member

So what would you call brits that have left the UK for better jobs or conditions in the middle east, the US, Europe or anywhere else including Australia for that matter?

Cheap housing in India .
Nice climate.
Great food.
''

Not refugees don't be ridiculous.  Migrants that's all. Economic migrants mainly.  Better jobs and conditions is a highly subjective point.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #303 on January 05, 2022, 03:49:42 pm by drfchound »

Cheap housing in India .
Nice climate.
Great food.
''

Not refugees don't be ridiculous.  Migrants that's all. Economic migrants mainly.  Better jobs and conditions is a highly subjective point.

:that:

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #304 on January 05, 2022, 06:11:43 pm by normal rules »

Cheap housing in India .
Nice climate.
Great food.
''

I could use exactly the same statement replacing India with Spain.
Are ex pats in Spain refugees. ?
Besides. I have no intention to work in retirement .

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #305 on January 05, 2022, 06:54:07 pm by Sprotyrover »

Cheap housing in India .
Nice climate.
Great food.
''

Do us all a favour and pick a spot where there is no WiFI

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #306 on January 05, 2022, 08:18:14 pm by SydneyRover »
You guys must remember some of the first Brit refugees in the early 1600 from around Bawtry and sailed went to America. Fortunately the native Americans were more civilised, probably cos they didn't have religion and saved a lot of them from starving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrOgGxSgGF4

By the way most of the hundreds of thousands of Brits that leave every year are of working age.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #307 on January 05, 2022, 09:28:41 pm by ravenrover »
Oh I think you will find that most of the original inhabitants of countries had a form of religion a belief in something powerfull usually associated with nature, including Oz

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #308 on January 05, 2022, 09:37:48 pm by SydneyRover »
but I'll think you'll find RR that most didn't want to kill any that didn't follow the official brand.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #309 on January 05, 2022, 10:21:47 pm by ravenrover »
Who didn't want to kill whom and official brand of which?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #310 on January 05, 2022, 10:27:52 pm by SydneyRover »
Correction accepted, if you had to pay fines and couldn't work, I guess you starved. Much like the 1.5m Irish under British rule that emigrated.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #311 on January 17, 2022, 10:10:15 am by Metalmicky »
Will this help....be interesting to see if this dissuades the people smugglers?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60021252

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #312 on January 17, 2022, 10:16:16 am by normal rules »
I’m hoping the Navy won’t f**k around with this. It will be all down to the mandate they are given I suppose.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #313 on January 17, 2022, 10:19:17 am by SydneyRover »

Are they going to operate in France?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #314 on January 17, 2022, 10:53:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
This has got bugger all to do with addressing the basic problem. It's another offensive (in every sense of the word) of Operation Red Meat to try to get the backwoodsmen Tory MPs off Johnson's back.

Same with the BBC policy.

If you're being chased by a pack of baying dogs, chucking them a couple of uncooked steaks might distract them. There is no joined up thinking in any of it though. Just a self-preservation panic response.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #315 on January 17, 2022, 11:03:36 am by Metalmicky »

Are they going to operate in France?

I don't know - missed the meeting.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #316 on January 17, 2022, 11:20:42 am by SydneyRover »
Missed reading the article too methinks

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #317 on January 21, 2022, 10:57:21 am by normal rules »
Seems as a result of me badgering Priti Patel on the channel crisis, I’ve been added to the mailing list for the clandestine channel threat commander. Here’s what he has to say.I will judge him on the outcomes.I’m not optimistic.

Thank you for your correspondence of 12 November 2021 regarding illegal entry to the UK, in particular via small boat crossings of the English Channel. I am the Clandestine Channel Threat Commander and I am responding on behalf of the Home Secretary.
We are deeply saddened by the loss of life seen in the Channel on 24 November, and our thoughts are with the victims and their families. This is yet another reminder of how lethal these journeys are and why they must be stopped. The criminals that facilitate these journeys have no regard for life and we will use every tactic at our disposal to break their business model.
The Government is clear that those who need protection should claim asylum in the first safe country they reach. That is the fastest route to safety. France, where almost all of these crossings originate, is a safe country with its own asylum system. The Government is doing all it can to ensure that those who need protection seek it in the first safe country they arrive.
The UK is also working closely with France to improve border security in Calais and the surrounding region. In July, the Home Secretary agreed a package of support with the French Interior Minister, Gerald Darmanin, as part of our shared commitment to fight all forms of illegal immigration.
This package includes measures to:
• strengthen law enforcement deployments along the French coast, more than doubling police resources on the ground;
• deploy more surveillance technology, in the air and on land, to prevent crossing attempts;
• increase border security at key transport infrastructure points along the French coast; and
• increase support for migrants in France, including options for voluntary return to countries of origin where appropriate.
These measures will enable patrols of wider areas of coastline, improve the detection and prevention of crossing attempts, and better ensure that those fleeing persecution are properly supported in France.
In 2021, more than 23,000 crossing attempts were prevented – a massive increase on the same point in 2020. In the first six months of 2021, arrests of facilitators averaged over 100 a month.

However, boats have continued to arrive and so we need to adapt our tactics. Our tactics will include physically opposing these crossings and turning boats back at sea. Disclosing the detail of this would advantage the people smugglers, but we will only use these techniques when it is safe to do so. However, these crossings are inherently dangerous and those embarking upon them are endangering themselves and others. Stopping these crossings and deterring future ones is an essential safety measure.
My officers are working closely with the National Crime Agency and with our partners in Europe to target the criminal gangs. We need to dismantle these networks and bring the criminals who treat human beings as cargo to justice. We have prosecuted dozens of people for facilitating these dangerous and unnecessary crossings and the provisions in the Nationality and Borders Bill will increase the penalties for those endangering life in pursuit of profit in this way.
These measures are all part of the Government’s New Plan for Immigration, designed to bring root and branch reform to the asylum system. The Nationality and Borders Bill is the legislative framework for this plan.
The Bill introduces a one-stop process requiring all asylum, human rights, and any other protection matters to be brought and considered together in a single assessment upfront, in order to end the practice of bringing last-minute legal actions which can frustrate lawful removal. There will also be significant reforms to the age assessment process, to better identify those adults passing themselves off as children.
It is currently a criminal offence to enter or be in the UK illegally, carrying a maximum penalty of six months in prison. The Government intends to increase that penalty through the Bill, and for the offence to cover the act of seeking illegal entry to the UK. Tougher action will be taken against anyone who facilitates illegal entry, such as by piloting a small boat. The Bill also raises the maximum sentence for people smuggling to life imprisonment.
I can assure you that we are taking every necessary step to stop these Channel crossings, to bring to justice the criminals that profit from them, and to control our borders.

Dan O’Mahoney
Clandestine Channel Threat Commander.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #318 on January 21, 2022, 11:00:29 am by SydneyRover »
Is this a spoof NR?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #319 on January 21, 2022, 11:05:23 am by normal rules »
No, genuine email from Border Force .
I’ve been constantly badgering Priti Patel via email. I’m probably not alone.so they have seen fit to put this out.
I don’t believe in just whining on here.
I express my concerns with those who are paid to sort it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #320 on January 21, 2022, 11:12:17 am by SydneyRover »
It's very similar the the Oz gov't response, hide behind concern for the refugees safety but it drives the culture war.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #321 on January 21, 2022, 01:50:52 pm by drfchound »
Do you think it is a good idea to appoint such a role SR.
What are your thoughts about this?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #322 on January 21, 2022, 09:26:55 pm by normal rules »
My concern is it is just an alternative person to lay blame on when crossings continue. Priti is passing the book here IMO. Probably part of her master plan to be next PM no doubt.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #323 on January 21, 2022, 09:35:53 pm by SydneyRover »
''Hi, I’m Dan O’Mahoney - Clandestine Channel Threat Commander.

Follow me for updates on everything we’re doing to stop the people smugglers sending people across the Channel and to make this dangerous route unviable''

https://twitter.com/ukhomeoffice/status/1313094621937971207?lang=en

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #324 on January 21, 2022, 10:41:19 pm by SydneyRover »
I guess Dan Dare type stuff make more noise and the gov't gets more bang for their buck on chasing down poor f**kers in little boats.

Estimates of over 400,000 illegal immigrants in the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_Kingdom#:~:text=For%20the%20LSE%20team%20illegal,ranging%20between%2044%2C000%20and%20144%2C000.

And these people must have to earn a crust somewhere, no? .........

''The number of people prosecuted for employing illegal immigrants fell by 75 per cent in the year after the law was changed to lower the threshold for the offence, new figures have revealed.

Data from the Home Office, released in a freedom of information (FOI) request submitted by People Management, revealed that between 12 July 2016 and 11 July 2017 just three individuals were prosecuted under section 21 of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. By contrast, 12 individuals were prosecuted under the same offence between 12 July 2015 and 11 July 2016''

https://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/news/articles/prosecutions-hiring-illegal-immigrants-fell#gref

I asked Dan what the latest figures were but he said to ask Petty Patel.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #325 on April 14, 2022, 11:04:24 am by normal rules »
Well it seems the single males who are entering the country will soon be finding themselves on a one way ticket to Rwanda.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 11:10:22 am by normal rules »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #326 on April 26, 2022, 12:53:04 am by SydneyRover »
Anyone quoting either johnson or his minions should know by now to wait for the truth to come out.

''The Refugee Council said 172 people could have been sent to the east African country had a deal been in place. It estimates that this year the number is not likely to be much higher.

The figures cast doubt on Boris Johnson’s claim that “tens of thousands” of people who have arrived in the UK without authorisation could be given a one-way ticket to Rwanda.''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/apr/25/refugee-data-analysis-casts-doubt-on-boris-johnsons-rwanda-claim

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #327 on May 31, 2022, 07:55:54 pm by normal rules »
The first flight to Rwanda is in 2 weeks.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #328 on May 31, 2022, 08:01:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The first flight to Rwanda is in 2 weeks.

Except it won't be. Which is the whole point.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #329 on May 31, 2022, 08:39:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just to set out the utter moral vacuum at the heart of this Government, the plan is to send 15 Syrians to Rwanda. That's 15 people who have fled another one of Putin's bestial wars.

They won't send them of course, beuse as ever, the Home Office will have played fast and loose with the legal process. There will be appeals. Patel will put her Himmler face on and play to the reactionary pensioners in the Culture War, with lines about lefty activist lawyers from the Elite stopping you having your pound of flesh.

And does anyone think for a minute it's a coincidence that this has been announced as the 54 letter target is hoving into view?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012