Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:38:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Team  (Read 9104 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Team
« on April 09, 2012, 02:22:04 pm by dickos1 »
fc: Woods, O'Connor, Hird, Lockwood, Friend, Stock, Gillett, Bennett, Robert, Hayter, Brown.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Team
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2012, 02:41:12 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
So thats at least partly looking at next season and who will be offered new contracts (not sure who is up for one out of those).

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2012, 02:43:05 pm by Chris »
So thats at least partly looking at next season and who will be offered new contracts (not sure who is up for one out of those).

What's the deal with Robert? I thought he was on a season-long loan but RTR mentioned on here that he'd signed for 18 months...

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2012, 02:45:02 pm by philsky »
Im liking that team.

Genuinely.

rtid

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2012, 02:51:16 pm by jucyberry »
Me too, it's the best looking team we have fielded for ages.. Lets hope we get behind them !!  :rtid:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2012, 02:53:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
Where is  Karl Ikeme, Chimbonda, Beye and Illunga are they all injured with Duioff and Piq or is the manager trying to make a point?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2012, 03:00:16 pm by BobG »
Does this manager know what a 'team' is?

BobG

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2012, 03:02:26 pm by jucyberry »
Hopefully the lads are about to show him Bob..

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 09, 2012, 03:04:52 pm by dumbroofer »
what point could he make?they wont give a flying fig about being dropped ,lets hope the lads give a good account of themselves.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 09, 2012, 03:05:12 pm by dickos1 »
So he does what a lot of people have been wanting him to do for weeks and he still gets stick..

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2012, 03:08:20 pm by dumbroofer »
So he does what a lot of people have been wanting him to do for weeks and he still gets stick..

not getting stick on here dickos1,is he getting some at the ground?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2012, 03:08:59 pm by Chris »

One team selection doesn't undo 6 months of shit and excuses.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 09, 2012, 03:14:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »

One team selection doesn't undo 6 months of shit and excuses.

We were good before that, weren't we?

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 09, 2012, 03:28:13 pm by grayx »
fc: Woods, O'Connor, Hird, Lockwood, Friend, Stock, Gillett, Bennett, Robert, Hayter, Brown.

Hmmm, interesting team. I wonder if Saunders as decided to remind fans of what players we used to have before he came.
If we lose,he can turn round and say how much better we are with "his" players.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 09, 2012, 03:33:21 pm by BobG »
No. But at least we had two thirds of the attack knackered and a squad that SOD himself knew to be too thin for this league. The unfortunate bit was that John took it upon himself to sign several players without reference to SOD and so knackered ther budget that SOD had to play with. Only one of those players has proved worth it - and even he got a contract from John that we are going to hugely regret now.  And the other thought to ask yourself is why didn't we let Billy go for 3 million when we could have, but let him go for 1.8 million a few short months later? SOD would have let him go and got in 4 or 5 decent players with that money to stengthen the squad depth.What did we do with only 60% of the money? Pissed it up a wall in the Crown in Bawtry and pissed it away on frequent flyer miles to and from France is what we did.

BobG

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2012, 04:33:38 pm by dickos1 »
I think it's ludicrous to suggest John Ryan signed players without discussing it with sod, and I don't think sod would have put up with that either.
Just seems bob every post you make is criticising j r which many people including myself will find issue with..

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 09, 2012, 04:34:25 pm by Wild Rover »
Bob, you sound bitter.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 09, 2012, 05:07:36 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Bob, there's reasons for not letting Billy go before this season, and reasons for offering incentives on contracts. Without having your inside info, I can only say how it is - we gave it a shot, not a ludicrous one either, and it turns out it didn't pay off.

I'm reading that you'd have preferred us to surrender to the reality of our level of support, maybe even before this season? Not a criticism, but thats what you're saying isn't it?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 09, 2012, 05:11:46 pm by BigH »
Bob sounds right to me.

And as he's suggested on other posts, we're back to rations and austerity budgets now.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 09, 2012, 05:15:57 pm by PDX_Rover »
Bob's spot on.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 09, 2012, 06:43:27 pm by Wild Rover »
I think ( or thought ) it common knowledge JR signed certain players without O'Driscoll say so. Ryan has always done that though, right back to conference days, so its nothing new. Thats why Penney left ( one of the reasons anyway ).
Thing is its Ryans money ( or KM2 as well ), so im sure he feels justified in doing it.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 09, 2012, 06:48:05 pm by philsky »
I think it's ludicrous to suggest John Ryan signed players without discussing it with sod, and I don't think sod would have put up with that either.
Just seems bob every post you make is criticising j r which many people including myself will find issue with..

Bob - im with you most of the way.  TBH id rather have been relegated under SOD and kept some dignity. We lost virtually all our midfield and strike force over a sustained period and the man had zero cover. However, he had a plan and an ethos and a style. #rtid

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 09, 2012, 06:49:27 pm by donnyroversfc »
He played the squad that he had left today... Surprised he didn't play Bagayoko though, he's class! I mean he scored 2 goals in ONE game before.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 09, 2012, 06:51:21 pm by donnyroversfc »
On a scale of 1-10 how morally bankrupt is our club?

The world works in mysterious ways that alwyas ends up with getting what you deserve. The club got exactly that. No sympathy.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 09, 2012, 06:59:26 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I think ( or thought ) it common knowledge JR signed certain players without O'Driscoll say so. Ryan has always done that though, right back to conference days, so its nothing new. Thats why Penney left ( one of the reasons anyway ).
Thing is its Ryans money ( or KM2 as well ), so im sure he feels justified in doing it.
Which players were bought against the wishes of SOD, and Penney?

I understood Penney "left" because it seemed he had lost the players confidence and was judged by JR not to be up to the task of taking us further. I'm not sure how JR buying players was significant in that.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 09, 2012, 07:03:56 pm by wilts rover »
No. But at least we had two thirds of the attack knackered and a squad that SOD himself knew to be too thin for this league. The unfortunate bit was that John took it upon himself to sign several players without reference to SOD and so knackered ther budget that SOD had to play with. Only one of those players has proved worth it - and even he got a contract from John that we are going to hugely regret now.  And the other thought to ask yourself is why didn't we let Billy go for 3 million when we could have, but let him go for 1.8 million a few short months later? SOD would have let him go and got in 4 or 5 decent players with that money to stengthen the squad depth.What did we do with only 60% of the money? Pissed it up a wall in the Crown in Bawtry and pissed it away on frequent flyer miles to and from France is what we did.

BobG

Bob, the offer of £3m for BS was accepted in the summer - to the critisism of many people on this forum, it was Billy who didnt want to go.

These four or five players who would have come in would you like to name names? Presumably their total salary would have matched that of BS him being the only one leaving and the budget was set. There are clubs currently playing in League 1 who are paying their players more than we are.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 09, 2012, 07:06:15 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

The world works in mysterious ways that alwyas ends up with getting what you deserve. The club got exactly that. No sympathy.

Morally bankrupt on what basis? What clubs would you say score in the lower end of moral bankruptcy?

The last sentence - every one, every organisation, will have their highs and lows, and easy to attribute lows to "deserves". Though in terms of get what you deserve, lets take one of the extreme cases in English football - MK Dons?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 09, 2012, 07:06:24 pm by Red wizard »
Which players were bought against the wishes of SOD, and Penney?

I understood Penney "left" because it seemed he had lost the players confidence and was judged by JR not to be up to the task of taking us further. I'm not sure how JR buying players was significant in that.
I always thought Penny left because is coach was sacked?
 Off the top of my head i think or was told Thornton was signed by Jr as was Killa last year. Also i thing we got a striker from Accy Stanly back in the conf who Ryan got for 50k. All rumour i may add. And thats the point most of it is rumour as only a few will know the full truth.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 09, 2012, 07:10:07 pm by PDX_Rover »
Agree with Philsky.... IMO we're no better off than we were under S'OD, who had an ethos and a plan. People point to the one win in 19 under SO'D, yet we're what, 1 win in 17 under the new regime?  Hardly better is it?  I'd much rather we had SO'D at the helm for League 1 than Saunders but we have what we have.  What worries me is the long-term damage that has been done with this experiment.

Oh and I feel bad for the game developers at EA Sports. If the experiment continues next season, they are going to have one hell of a job with the Rovers squad for FIFA 13...  They'll have to make it open source so it can be edited on the fly as players come and go.... :)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 09, 2012, 07:12:06 pm by donnyroversfc »

Morally bankrupt on what basis? What clubs would you say score in the lower end of moral bankruptcy?

The last sentence - every one, every organisation, will have their highs and lows, and easy to attribute lows to "deserves". Though in terms of get what you deserve, lets take one of the extreme cases in English football - MK Dons?

Any club that gets involved with Willie McKay as much as we did is morally bankrupt. Plus it shows how inept you are if you allow somebody with nothing to lose and can only gain (McKay) to be in charge of the most vital part of your business.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012