Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:44:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Season Tickets for Unemployed!  (Read 13638 times)

donnyvikings

• VSC Member
No Season Tickets for Unemployed!
« on May 17, 2012, 12:09:11 pm by donnyvikings »
I cannot believe Rovers are not offering Any incentive to buy a season ticket if your on low income (tax credits) or Unemployed. Since being a Rover from 1976 I find myself in the predicament this season of being without work, and what help do Rovers offer???? Nothing. Having been able to afford one for the past 20 years, I've never realised that Rovers don't help out the low income supporters. Students and OAPs do, but that's it! Doesn't look like I'll be watching this season now. Come on Rovers....Sort something out for us! A full stadium and some profits better than a dreary Empty stadium with no Atmosphere......Grumble Over.  :(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: No Season Tickets for Unemployed!
« Reply #1 on May 17, 2012, 12:17:20 pm by MrFrost »
I work full time and still struggling to afford one. Can the club help me too please.  :suicide:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 17, 2012, 12:26:09 pm by Wild Rover »
I dont think DRFC SHOULD offer concession season tickets to unemployed or "Low Paid" as either can change in an instant. BUT i do think they should offer a price per game ( pay on the day ), which is equivelent to what it costs say an OAP season ticket, or Student one, on a match to match basis.
After all there will be 1000's of unemployed in DMB, if only 20% are remotly interested in DRFC its a few hundred who just might frequent matches and put some cash in the coffers.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 17, 2012, 12:29:48 pm by adamtherover »
dole/unemployment benefit surely was meant to be enough money just to survive until you found a job, not to give you enough disposable income to even consider season tickets, reduced rates or not..  What next,  asking thomas cook to sort you out a nice summer holiday..   Anybody could get a job tomorrow if they so desired, but the current system makes to far too comfy for folk to even conside getting off their back side!!!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 17, 2012, 12:34:20 pm by Superspy »
Can, say goodbye to worms.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 17, 2012, 12:44:37 pm by Filo »
dole/unemployment benefit surely was meant to be enough money just to survive until you found a job, not to give you enough disposable income to even consider season tickets, reduced rates or not..  What next,  asking thomas cook to sort you out a nice summer holiday..   Anybody could get a job tomorrow if they so desired, but the current system makes to far too comfy for folk to even conside getting off their back side!!!

I agree with your first bit, but take issue with the bit in bold and is a typical statement of someone who has not had the mis fortune to be turned down numerous times a week, my lad is 21 years old and since he left school has worked a total of six months, he`s desperate for a job and in desperation applies for every job that comes on the job centre website, including jobs he has no realistic chance of getting, he`s lucky if he even gets a reply, even to the jobs he thinks he has a chance of getting!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 17, 2012, 12:45:51 pm by The L J Monk »
If I was unemployed I doubt going to watch Donny would be high on my list of priorities.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 17, 2012, 12:47:21 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Where your commitment man?

I went and sold my kidney for mine!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 17, 2012, 12:49:44 pm by Filo »

And donated your brain to medical research!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 17, 2012, 01:02:45 pm by jonnydog »
If your out of work, Enrol as a mature student. Go to college and learn something, anything really, or night school to get any qualification (Mrs JD says its always handy to know a trade!!  :headbang:). Then you'll get the Student discount on your ticket.

... Always thinking  ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:05:01 pm by jonnydog »

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 17, 2012, 01:19:06 pm by drfcsteve »
If your out of work, Enrol as a mature student. Go to college and learn something, anything really, or night school to get any qualification (Mrs JD says its always handy to know a trade!!  :headbang:). Then you'll get the Student discount on your ticket.

... Always thinking  ;)

Students don't get discounts at Rovers, it's only 17-20 year olds or something like that.

donnyvikings

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 17, 2012, 01:24:51 pm by donnyvikings »
 Well Adam the rover......try getting a f***in job you insulting prick  :evil:. I've been off my backside for a 6 months trying to get one. There are none! So before you make a stupid comment, try looking for a job.
And yes I like the idea of the discount on the day price. As long as theres proof of unemployment etc.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 17, 2012, 01:25:53 pm by deebee »
Get him to do what I did employ your self. There is loads of help out there you just have to look
every one can do something - gardening, clean windows odd jobs car boots etc:- and I agree with previous poster go to college learn a trade then work for yourself   

donnyvikings

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 17, 2012, 01:26:25 pm by donnyvikings »
Good idea johnnydog

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 17, 2012, 01:33:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Get him to do what I did employ your self. There is loads of help out there you just have to look
every one can do something - gardening, clean windows odd jobs car boots etc:- and I agree with previous poster go to college learn a trade then work for yourself   

I have to walk with a stick...what do you recommend I do?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 17, 2012, 01:53:56 pm by The L J Monk »

Sold them both already, paying for Olympic tickets.

I am now on dialysis, but I do have Category D seats for the Archery qualifiers.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 17, 2012, 02:02:04 pm by Filo »

Sold them both already, paying for Olympic tickets.

I am now on dialysis, but I do have Category D seats for the Archery qualifiers.

This is what happened in the category D seats at the last qualifiers!

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 17, 2012, 02:57:14 pm by timdrfc »
As usual another fan wanting something for nothing, I suppose you would tell the club if you got a job or got a better paid job !! Get real man

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 17, 2012, 03:22:09 pm by Albert Trousers »

Become a professional dog exerciser ?
No outlay for equipment required as you already have it.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 17, 2012, 03:28:03 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

My uncle has walked with a stick for a number of years - he works in a call centre...one of the Duty Managers at Yorkshire Water likewise.

Like has been mentioned...everyone can do something.....and it is ultimately frustrating that those that don't work expect the same benefits and standard of living as those thart do.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 17, 2012, 03:31:13 pm by drfc1951 »
Iwas made redundant in January from a job that paid minimum wage got 4 weeks redundancy pay,put half of that to pay for season ticket.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #21 on May 17, 2012, 03:38:17 pm by I-was-there1976 »
become a DRFC steward

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 17, 2012, 04:34:57 pm by wilts rover »
become a DRFC steward

Just about what I was about to say - give the club a ring and volunteer your services on a matchday - you may even get paid for going to Rovers!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 17, 2012, 04:41:05 pm by RedJ »
join the eBay barmy army and sell the shite you have that you no longer need - recently sent off a load of old games and a console that's got me the remainder of what I needed

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 17, 2012, 04:45:12 pm by Filo »
  What next,  asking thomas cook to sort you out a nice summer holiday..

I`d prefer to go with Thomsons or Portland, if you don`t mind

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 17, 2012, 05:04:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

My uncle has walked with a stick for a number of years - he works in a call centre...one of the Duty Managers at Yorkshire Water likewise.

Like has been mentioned...everyone can do something.....and it is ultimately frustrating that those that don't work expect the same benefits and standard of living as those thart do.

I was asking the original smartarse what he thought I could do self-employed as he said everybody could do that.

I know I can do call centre jobs, I've applied for several of them. No joy.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 17, 2012, 05:41:47 pm by Donnylass »

... Always thinking  ;)

Students don't get discounts at Rovers, it's only 17-20 year olds or something like that.

Unless it's changed - I got a student discount a couple of years ago and I was 39. Was part time at uni and showed my student card.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 17, 2012, 05:54:56 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

I was asking the original smartarse what he thought I could do self-employed as he said everybody could do that.

I know I can do call centre jobs, I've applied for several of them. No joy.

In that case accept my apology.

In reference to the original postee...I think theres a bloody cheek in expecting the Club to do a deal for the unemployed....as far as Im concerned benefits should cover absolute essentials, (that does not include smokes or Alcohol), and should be supplied in vouchers.

The amount of parents I know who piss their kids Child Benefit money up the wall on cheap cider and ciggies is unreal, whilst the kids go to School hungry and badly clothed.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 17, 2012, 06:28:06 pm by drfcsteve »

... Always thinking  ;)

Unless it's changed - I got a student discount a couple of years ago and I was 39. Was part time at uni and showed my student card.

It has changed unfortunatly, which I still argue is ridicoulous as students can't afford adult prices, but the club still need to attract them as they will eventually turn in to wealthy adults (fingers crossed).

On the original point - I don't think job seekers allowance was designed to be spent on season tickets, which are obviously a luxury item. It would be like buying a new TV, priorities need to be sorted.

However, I certainly don't agree that everyone who is unemployed is just sitting at home because they can't be arsed, look at the unemployment figures, they haven't been on the rise because more people are deciding to stay at home, they have been rising because we are in an economic mess with no growth prospects.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 17, 2012, 06:37:55 pm by adamtherover »
Fao donnyvikings, thanks for that nice calm thought out retort.. resorting to name calling, does the truth hurt? This country is now full of scroungers and layabouts and I stand by every last fookin word I said.  And I bet pound to a penny that the majority on here agree but are too PC to say so. There's always shop work, shelf stacking etc, but let me guess, you can get as much money in benefits so what's the point eh? As I say, lazy, used to handouts from the state.  Rovers ain't a fookin charity, everyone else has to pay full whack so what makes you so special?  I'd rather be labelled a prick for having a valid opinion as to why this country is on its knees, than be a scrounger.... which IS the reason the UK is on its arse..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012