Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:26:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stats from today  (Read 15283 times)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Re: Stats from today
« Reply #30 on August 19, 2012, 10:23:17 am by Red wizard »
I'm not sure if Mick is trolling at this point. He's obviously taking a contrary position for no other reason than to be a dick, yet seems stupid enough to actually believe what he types.

Here is every Mick thread in a nutshell:

Nice pictures. But i think you have hit the nail on the head.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 19, 2012, 10:28:53 am by mjdgreg »
JR just rang me. He said he's quitting because of all the shit posted by someone called "mjdgreg"?
Don't forget your coat on the way out...

I'm sure JR wishes he'd listened to madmick50 in the early days of the 'experiment'. I'm sure he has learnt the lesson now that just because someone is posting views you don't like, you shouldn't get upset. I'll bet he now has the utmost respect for madmick50 and will now take my views very seriously as it's obvious that I hold very similar views to him. I'll keep on offering my excellent advice and analysis and hopefully this time around we can avoid another relegation.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 19, 2012, 10:29:54 am by mjdgreg »

A new-born baby could do a better job of drawing.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 19, 2012, 10:36:07 am by DonnyOsmond »
I think you've got Dissociative Identity Disorder mate.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 19, 2012, 11:07:52 am by Glyn_Wigley »

A new-born baby could do a better job of drawing.

A new-born baby could do a better job of drawing conclusions than you.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 19, 2012, 11:24:09 am by mjdgreg »
I would respectfully ask that people refrain from using the 'f' word. I am a devout atheist and can swear with the best of them. However, I am aware that there is the odd religious person that reads my posts and I wouldn't want the bad language of a small minority to spoil their enjoyment. Thanking you in advance for your co-operation.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 19, 2012, 12:16:06 pm by silent majority »
I would respectfully ask that people refrain from using the 'f' word. I am a devout atheist and can swear with the best of them. However, I am aware that there is the odd religious person that reads my posts and I wouldn't want the bad language of a small minority to spoil their enjoyment. Thanking you in advance for your co-operation.

Just activate the swear filter, that's why its there.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 19, 2012, 12:32:58 pm by Scooter »
Mjdgreg is a cock of the highest order!

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 19, 2012, 12:44:56 pm by ArmthorpeRover »
:facepalm:

Still banging the possession drum Mick? We win 3-0, it pulls all the fans together, everyone is happy/positive....and all you are bothered about is the percentage of time we kept the ball......you couldn't make it up.

If we get promoted I'm genuinely intrigued to see how you negatively spin it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 12:47:01 pm by ArmthorpeRover »

pubteam

« Reply #39 on August 19, 2012, 12:53:34 pm by pubteam »
Was Mick even at the game? Did he not see that most of Walsall's posession saw them pass it backwards and sideways without really threatening?

From my memory, they probably had one genuine chance all game, which came in the first half, when a cross came over and their bloke on the back post took a touch and shot about 2 yards wide. The rest of their efforts on goal were speculative, or routine saves for Gary Woods.

To me, posession doesn't equal dominance. There has to be a chance or an opening at the end of it that can quantify it as pressure. Without that, it's merely playing the ball around if you ask me. They put a few crosses in to the box in the first half as well, but with Jones and McCombe clear favourites to win every header, I don't think you can really see that as pressure on our goal either.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 19, 2012, 01:59:32 pm by RobTheRover »
Exactly right.

If you tippy tappy for 80% of the game in your own half against a team who are happy to let you have it where you cant hurt them then you will look ace on the stats but have no chance of winning the match.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 19, 2012, 02:00:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The only stats that matter are goals scored and points won.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 19, 2012, 02:08:32 pm by Filo »
Rovers stats first.

Possession - 40%      60%
Shots off target - 3     4
Shots on target - 4     4

So same old sorry tale as last season. Less possession and less shots at goal than the opposition.

Saunders out!!!

Rovers stats first.

Goals Scored  3    0
Goals conceded  0   3
Points             3    0

I agree Mick bloody rubbish, how are we supposed to compete in this league scoring more than the opposition and gaining 3 points in the process!

pubteam

« Reply #43 on August 19, 2012, 02:20:01 pm by pubteam »
Rovers stats first.

Possession - 40%      60%
Shots off target - 3     4
Shots on target - 4     4

So same old sorry tale as last season. Less possession and less shots at goal than the opposition.

Saunders out!!!

Rovers stats first.

Goals Scored  3    0
Goals conceded  0   3
Points             3    0

I agree Mick bloody rubbish, how are we supposed to compete in this league scoring more than the opposition and gaining 3 points in the process!

And seeing a team that has barely played together before defend with discipline, organisation and bravery, and attack with purpose and confidence. We've no hope!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 19, 2012, 02:36:43 pm by MachoMadness »
Just to point out, I didn't actually draw that picture. My art skills are far worse than that!

Anyway, I don't see how anyone could complain if they were there yesterday. Walsall had a lot of the ball, but mostly in their own half and the only time they looked like scoring was when Woods flapped at it and gift-wrapped a chance for their striker. Possession alone doesn't win games, I've never seen anyone awarded points for having more of the ball!

Alonzo Drake

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 19, 2012, 02:48:23 pm by Alonzo Drake »
I think what we must take from this long thread of 44 + replies to 'mjdgreg's' original post re possession is that the madmick, and his endless aliases, is a sad, lonely and deluded individual who only posts to draw a reaction.

Madmick is about 50, lives alone, is overweight, balding, is somewhat delusional, has mild OCD, and a touch of asperger syndrome. Accordingly he has significant difficulties in social interaction, hence his keyboard warrior activities on this forum.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 19, 2012, 03:06:16 pm by the vicar »
how nany times did we take teams appart and lose the game under JR I THINK IT WAS A LOT

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 19, 2012, 03:10:52 pm by Filo »
how nany times did we take teams appart and lose the game under JR I THINK IT WAS A LOT

When was JR the Manager?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 19, 2012, 04:06:16 pm by the vicar »
SORRY MATE I MEANT SOD LOL

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 19, 2012, 05:01:17 pm by andysly »
Got to say I'm very surprised by the 60/40 possession stat didn't seem like that to me.
If that stat is accurate I'd guess 80% of Walsall's 60% would have been in their 50% of the pitch.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 19, 2012, 05:04:50 pm by RobTheRover »
That would be 42 minutes and 12 seconds possession in their own half.  Almost half the game.

When you add on the time we had possession it doesnt leave them too much possession time in our half, let alone in and around our box.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 19, 2012, 05:09:02 pm by jonnydog »
Which in turn means we kept holding/pushing them back to their end... Further proof that less possession means as much as some think! ;)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 19, 2012, 06:48:50 pm by mjdgreg »
Try telling Barcelona or Spain that possession doesn't matter. You are all deluded if you think we are going to do anything if we carry on as last season seeing less of the ball and creating fewer chances than the opposition. The team without the ball does far more running than the team with the ball. Watch out for us conceding a lot of late goals due to being knackered running around all the time without the ball.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:08:01 pm by mjdgreg »

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 19, 2012, 06:51:01 pm by mjdgreg »
SORRY MATE I MEANT SOD LOL

NO NEED TO SHOUT!!!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:08:16 pm by mjdgreg »

pubteam

« Reply #54 on August 19, 2012, 06:51:33 pm by pubteam »
Try telling Barcelona or Spain that possession doesn't matter. You are all deluded if you think we are going to do anything if we carry on as last season seeing less of the ball and creating fewer chances than the opposition. The team without the ball does far more running than the team with the ball. Watch out for us conceding a lot of late goals due to being knackered running around all the time without the ball.

Nobody said posession doesn't matter. More that it isn't the be-all and end-all of winning a match.

And that last line is comical. Watch out for us conceding loads of late goals? What like we used to do every week when we DID try to play posession football?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 19, 2012, 06:56:51 pm by silent majority »

Saunders out!!!

Far too simplistic of course. Spain didn't do terribly well in all of their matches in Euro 2012 either did they and looked very poor when up against Italy the first time. I wouldn't waste my time with people like Madmick, if you really want to understand team tactics you need to read anything by Jonathan Wilson, although I would recommend 'Inverting the Pyramid'

I spent a very happy evening over dinner recently listening to him describing how Spain play and how they can be beaten, great fellow.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 19, 2012, 07:07:27 pm by MachoMadness »

Saunders out!!!

The difference being that Spain and Barcelona have the best players in the world gelled into a cohesive unit (forming arguably both the greatest club and international sides of all time), who are quite capable of playing that style perfectly 95% of the time. They are far and away above even what most of the Premiership has to offer. I'm not sure if you are aware of how football works Mick, but we will never have to play sides of even a fraction of that quality.

Possession IS important, but only if you do something with it. Walsall didn't, the had maybe one genuine chance all game and a load of tame efforts, whereas we scored 3 goals. I can't even believe this needs explaining. I wonder what Peter Schiff's views on possession football are?

whisky

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 19, 2012, 07:12:21 pm by whisky »
Can someone ban this clown. He's clearly just here to deliberately wind people up by putting "Saunders out" all the time.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 19, 2012, 07:13:23 pm by Filo »
Barcelona, losing Champions League Semi Finalist's with 80% of possesion over 180 minutes!

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 19, 2012, 07:22:29 pm by keepmoatman »
Can someone ban this clown. He's clearly just here to deliberately wind people up by putting "Saunders out" all the time.

Agreed  ! These posts have jusy become tedious and tiresome. Its called spamming ,saying the same old shite over and over. MADDICK OUT !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012