Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:17:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stats from today  (Read 15284 times)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
Stats from today
« on August 18, 2012, 05:45:13 pm by mjdgreg »
Rovers stats first.

Possession - 40%      60%
Shots off target - 3     4
Shots on target - 4     4

So same old sorry tale as last season. Less possession and less shots at goal than the opposition.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:08:42 pm by mjdgreg »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Stats from today
« Reply #1 on August 18, 2012, 05:46:01 pm by mushRTID »
Lol

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 18, 2012, 05:46:18 pm by MrFrost »
YAWN

Only stat that matters is the score.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 18, 2012, 05:48:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
ROFL

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 18, 2012, 05:56:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Still making those deliberate grammatical mistakes I see Mick.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 18, 2012, 06:06:20 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm surprised he has the energy to move his mouse after 2 days of fasting.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 18, 2012, 06:09:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What a prescient comment on the Lucky Pint thread after the second goal went in!

Just what we needed!

And possession 67-33 to Walsall. Where's MadMick hiding?

Didn't take long did it?

Plus ca change...

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 18, 2012, 06:16:30 pm by mjdgreg »
Still making those delibarate grammatical mistakes I see mjdgreg.

You didn't think my challenge was just on one thread did you? I like to keep you on your toes as I know how much you enjoy being the grammer police. Just to clarify, the challenge has been thrown down on all posts I ever do.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 18, 2012, 06:22:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Going to be a f**king long winter...

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 18, 2012, 06:24:15 pm by mjdgreg »

You didn't think my challenge was just on one thread did you? I like to keep you on your toes as I know how much you enjoy being the grammer police. Just to clarify, the challenge has been thrown down on all posts I ever do.

Got you again! pmsl. I've highlighted the errors you've missed.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #10 on August 18, 2012, 06:26:47 pm by GM-MarkB »

I wish some f***er would throw a post down on you....from a great height if possible

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 18, 2012, 06:27:07 pm by RobTheRover »

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 18, 2012, 06:27:54 pm by mjdgreg »
Just what we needed!

madmick50 retired gracelessly from the forum as he didn't want to be responsible for JR throwing the towel in. I shall do the same if JR starts to get upset over my comments.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 18, 2012, 06:29:39 pm by RobTheRover »
How is the split personality treatment going, mate?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 18, 2012, 06:30:36 pm by mjdgreg »
I wish some f***er would throw a post down on you....from a great height if possible

Lol. I'd start putting fullstops at the end of sentences if I were you, or you'll have BST on your back.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 18, 2012, 06:32:04 pm by RobTheRover »
BST is a stickler for punctuation.  He has been known to throw commas and apostrophes around like confetti from time to time.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 18, 2012, 06:37:13 pm by mjdgreg »

I take it you are referring to Billy Stubs Tears or is it Gypsy Rose Stubbs as he is your mate and you clearly don't like me. By the way, I don't think you should have used that apostrophe after 'going'. No doubt Billy will let you know if you've got it wrong.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 18, 2012, 06:52:14 pm by RobTheRover »
Its a comma, not an apostrophe, and it certainly belongs there.  I got English O level you know.

I dont dislike you Mick.  I think you have a lot to offer the forum and actually contribute some interesting counter points without which there would sometimes be no debate, but the charades and histrionics are a bit much.  You just come across as a bit needy sometimes, and its a bit unnecessary, but I can see the humour glinting through in some of your posts that others seem to miss on occasion.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 18, 2012, 06:53:23 pm by wilts rover »

I take it you are referring to Billy Stubs Tears or is it Gypsy Rose Stubbs as he is your mate and you clearly don't like me. By the way, I don't think you should have used that apostrophe after 'going'. No doubt Billy will let you know if you've got it wrong.

I believe you will find that the 'apostrophe' is what is commonly referred to in English grammar as a comma. A comma looks like this ,,,,,, and an apostrophe like this ''''. Should you wish to edit your post before anyone notices your error then I won't tell.

The sentence can of course be used both with and without the comma. Adding the comma would indicate that the writer intends a break in the sentence probably indicating a change of tone of speech and emphasis of the sentence, in such a way in that the final word 'mate' is spoken in a different, probably sarcastic, way to the rest which he intends as factual.

Hope this helps.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 18, 2012, 07:06:29 pm by Northants Nomad »
Back to the subject of stats which, after all, is what this thread started as...stats are stats but they are very misleading.

We did to Walsall what was done to us for 4 years in the Championship - let them play, let them have a good share of possession, then went up and did the business where it mattered. How many times did we come away from games wondering how we got nothing? Well that must be how they feel. The answer is that we let them pass it around in front of us, then hit them with some pretty clinical, high class play. Well done Rovers. It's one game and we will have tougher games, but equally we will get stronger as we knit this team together.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 18, 2012, 07:11:02 pm by mjdgreg »
I believe you will find that the 'apostrophe' is what is commonly referred to in English grammar as a comma. A comma looks like this ,,,,,, and an apostrophe like this ''''. Should you wish to edit your post before anyone notices your error then I won't tell.

The sentence can of course be used both with and without the comma. Adding the comma would indicate that the writer intends a break in the sentence probably indicating a change of tone of speech and emphasis of the sentence, in such a way in that the final word 'mate' is spoken in a different, probably sarcastic, way to the rest which he intends as factual.

Hope this helps.

Lol. Well put. What you fail to realise is that I'd laid a trap for Billy which he will now avoid. Never mind, there will be plenty more opportunities.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 18, 2012, 07:19:53 pm by MachoMadness »

More oh-so-subtle hilarity from Mick, which he cleverly disguises as complete idiocy. Also, just to point out, grammatical errors are not technically the same as spelling mistakes. Or is that just another layer of your devilish trap, Mick?

Anyway, to make a comment somewhat relevant to the OP, I personally don't care if we get 10% possession every game, as long as we win 3-0 I'm alright. Walsall reminded me a lot of us towards the end of SOD's reign in that they saw a lot of the ball but were ultimately directionless with it and to be honest I was never that worried that they'd score, apart from when Woods flapped at it early on.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 19, 2012, 12:51:37 am by mjdgreg »
Anyway, to make a comment somewhat relevant to the OP, I personally don't care if we get 10% possession every game, as long as we win 3-0 I'm alright.

If you think it is feasible to win every game that you have 10% possession 3-0 then you are completely stark raving bonkers. I'll guarantee you now that when Rovers have less possession and shots on target than the opposition they will lose far more than they win.

When that happens (and trust me it will), no doubt you'll be one of the first demanding Saunders goes. You obviously know nothing about football unlike me. I'll be the first one demanding he goes. 3 goals from 4 attempts on target is as lucky as it gets. The luck will run out and he''ll be gone by Xmas.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:09:26 pm by mjdgreg »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 19, 2012, 01:05:07 am by DonnyOsmond »
Where as S'OD got us 50+ possession most games and very few wins. Yeah, that makes sense Mick.

pubteam

« Reply #24 on August 19, 2012, 01:15:05 am by pubteam »
I assume the OP would prefer a return to pissing around with the ball at the back and not picking up any points then?

Woods to Dumbuya, Dumbuya to Friend, Friend to Woods, Woods to Spurr, Spurr to Naylor, Naylor to Friend, Friend to Woods.....aaaaaaaaand HOOF forward to nobody. Entertaining!  :ermm:

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 19, 2012, 02:46:52 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »

Rovers stats first.

Possession - 40%      60%
Shots off target - 3     4
Shots on target - 4     4

So same old sorry tale as last season. Less possession and less shots at goal than the opposition.

Saunders out!!!

Oh my giddy Aunt. :lol:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 19, 2012, 08:53:09 am by bobjimwilly »
Just what we needed!

madmick50 retired gracelessly from the forum as he didn't want to be responsible for JR throwing the towel in. I shall do the same if JR starts to get upset over my comments.

JR just rang me. He said he's quitting because of all the shit posted by someone called "mjdgreg"?
Don't forget your coat on the way out...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 19, 2012, 09:41:38 am by Bentley Bullet »
Statistically, MORE games have actually been won by the team that had less possession.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 19, 2012, 09:45:48 am by drfc1951 »
mjdgreg out.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 19, 2012, 10:06:06 am by MachoMadness »
I'm not sure if Mick is trolling at this point. He's obviously taking a contrary position for no other reason than to be a dick, yet seems stupid enough to actually believe what he types.

Here is every Mick thread in a nutshell:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012