Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 01:25:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fowler out on loan  (Read 4168 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Fowler out on loan
« on February 26, 2013, 01:04:04 pm by silent majority »
Gone to Forest Green for a month, maybe to get fit?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Yargo

• Forum Member
Re: Fowler out on loan
« Reply #1 on February 26, 2013, 01:09:08 pm by Yargo »
Dont footballers get fit in summer?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 26, 2013, 01:09:52 pm by silent majority »
He obviously didn't.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 26, 2013, 01:12:20 pm by keith79 »
maybe we carnt afford his wages. we did sign 2 players last week on loan

pubteam

« Reply #4 on February 26, 2013, 01:14:03 pm by pubteam »
Couldn't we have just given him a few first team games and a few behind closed doors friendlies to get him fit? He's the best passer of a ball we've got.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 26, 2013, 01:14:45 pm by RobTheRover »
Not now he isnt.  Lundstram is better.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 26, 2013, 01:15:01 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I'm baffled  :headbang:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 26, 2013, 01:17:06 pm by GazLaz »
He has definitely got ability. Footballers have no place in our side though this season.

pubteam

« Reply #8 on February 26, 2013, 01:17:11 pm by pubteam »
Not now he isnt.  Lundstram is better.

Hmmm. Maybe. I'll need to see a few more games from him before I come to that conclusion.

I thought he did alright on Saturday though. Few mistakes, but certainly potential there.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 26, 2013, 01:18:01 pm by benaldo »
Hooray.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 26, 2013, 01:18:56 pm by Nudga »
Face don't fit? I don't know, just thought i'd throw that one out there.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 26, 2013, 01:20:43 pm by RobTheRover »
Obviously unfit, Nudga.  I doubt it's any more than that.  L1 is clearly beyond his fitness level at the moment.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 26, 2013, 01:25:30 pm by Donnyrovers »
Couldn't we have just given him a few first team games and a few behind closed doors friendlies to get him fit? He's the best passer of a ball we've got.

It would take a full season of behind closed door fixtures to get him fit ridiculous shape for a professional footballer.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 26, 2013, 01:29:45 pm by hoolahoop »

It would take a full season of behind closed door fixtures to get him fit ridiculous shape for a professional footballer.

Couldn't agree more, no wonder some nicknamed him ''Billy Bunter''...jeez he has a bigger beer belly than Filo ;)

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 26, 2013, 01:34:27 pm by albie »
Good move.

He was not even on the bench with the new loans coming in, at least he will get game time at FGR.

Good news on the injury front with Brown in front of schedule, ready to resume training next week;
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/doncaster-rovers-iain-hume-ready-for-a-start-1-5446482

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 26, 2013, 01:35:46 pm by DonnyRTID »
Does this mean there's an opening for another loanee?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 26, 2013, 01:44:04 pm by GazLaz »
A lot of players have be abused for looking fat in recent times. Paynter and Sharp to name two. Both are ripped.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 26, 2013, 01:49:48 pm by drfcsteve »
One of our only midfielders who looks to get it down and pass, shame he's too fat to break in to a jog and chase people down and pressure because that is one of the things this team is based on.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 26, 2013, 01:53:15 pm by Donnyrovers »
A lot of players have be abused for looking fat in recent times. Paynter and Sharp to name two. Both are ripped.

Yeah some footballers do get abused for looking fat even when they are in good shape but Fowler looks as though his daily diet consists of a couple of pints and a kebab.

pubteam

« Reply #19 on February 26, 2013, 01:54:07 pm by pubteam »

What good is a months loan going to do him then?

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 26, 2013, 01:55:28 pm by Akinfenwa »
He's only contracted until the summer, so he's gone out on loan for a month to supposedly get fit for our remaining few games of the season. Sounds stupid to me, that. Somehow I don't think we'll see him again.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 26, 2013, 02:01:12 pm by Donnyrovers »

To get him playing else where rather than sat around every week because he isn't going to be in our squads. I wouldn't be surprised if Forest Green were to want him for a season that would happen.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:11:45 pm by Donnyrovers »

GM-MarkB

« Reply #22 on February 26, 2013, 02:04:03 pm by GM-MarkB »

Pah.....

Now this was a ridiculous shape for a pro footballer...

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 26, 2013, 02:19:23 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »

I dont think I've ever seen the words Paynter and ripped in the same sentence haha

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 26, 2013, 02:21:07 pm by Wild Rover »
Its clearly a ploy to get Norwood to KMS, part exchange deal for summer.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 26, 2013, 02:41:31 pm by steve@dcfd »

The problem when you pass a ball you got to able to run and receive a pass he can not. He is not good to break down play and certainly not quick to catch anybody. Sorry we need better and who ever scouted him for Dean needs to question their judgement.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:56:07 pm by steve@dcfd »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 26, 2013, 02:57:36 pm by GazLaz »
He is. He took his shirt off after one away game when he was getting stick. It must be the hoops!!!

pubteam

« Reply #27 on February 26, 2013, 03:15:08 pm by pubteam »

To get him playing else where rather than sat around every week because he isn't going to be in our squads. I wouldn't be surprised if Forest Green were to want him for a season that would happen.

You've missed my point. You said it'd take a full season of football to get him fit. So how will one month of football get him fit?

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 26, 2013, 03:59:28 pm by Donnyrovers »
I don't think the one month will be enough to get him fit but Forest Green may only want him for a month with the option until the end of season depending on how he does for them, I don't know. But when you say give him a few first team games to improve his fitness I don't think we can afford to do that when we are in a promotion battle. We need players that can compete with the fitness levels of the opposition if we want promotion and if we were to need him in midfield against some of the better teams such as Bournemouth, Swindon and Brentford for example it would be embarrassing because he would be out of his depth. I personally don't think we will see him in a Donny shirt again with his contract expiring at end of the season and his fitness levels as they are.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:03:23 pm by Donnyrovers »

BiargeBob

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 26, 2013, 04:08:14 pm by BiargeBob »
Wasn't a certain Mr. Brian Flynn our Chief Scout when we signed Mr. Fowler?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012