Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 04:42:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: iron lady gone  (Read 20135 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: iron lady gone
« Reply #30 on April 08, 2013, 02:26:50 pm by IDM »
, i had Friends and relatives who were miners during the strike need i say more.

And I lived in the middle of the areas widely affected by that strike.  At the first available opportunity I voted against her.  That's how it works in this country.  If you don't like that, go to Zimbabwe and celebrate when Mugabe dies.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 08, 2013, 02:28:00 pm by roversam »
The answers to your 2 questions are YES and Plenty  :boxing:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 08, 2013, 02:28:25 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
, i had Friends and relatives who were miners during the strike need i say more.

Don't we all and having seen the health problems they have I hope every single mine is closed. The sooner coal is consigned to history the better.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 08, 2013, 02:28:45 pm by MrFrost »

Go on then..........

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 08, 2013, 02:30:02 pm by roversam »

Go on then..........
  What?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 08, 2013, 02:31:07 pm by MrFrost »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 08, 2013, 02:32:35 pm by RobTheRover »
Quote from: ravenrover

Please don't forget the part played by a certain Mr Scargill in all of this I have no sympathy for the woman but certainly will not rejoice in hers or anyone alses death!

By the same token,  I don't remember the police hitting Thatcher over the head.

I understand completely why some feel the need to celebrate her death. I was in secondary school in the 80s and the poverty in Rossington was terrible. I was just thankful my dad was a railwayman not a miner.  We regularly invited my friends families round for tea because we knew they had next to nowt.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 08, 2013, 02:36:19 pm by IDM »
Rob I fully understand the hatred, and as such that many thousands will not mourn her (including myself) - but to actively celebrate her death crosses a line, IMHO.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 08, 2013, 02:37:32 pm by MrFrost »
Wasn't it labour who first started closing the pits in the 70s?

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 08, 2013, 02:41:38 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Thats someones mother and grandmother some of you are revelling in the death of.

Should be ashamed of yourselves, as for a minutes silence/ slow hand clap tomorrow - grow up FFS.

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 08, 2013, 02:47:11 pm by DubaiRover »
Wasn't it labour who first started closing the pits in the 70s?
It was not Labour that promised a future and then stole it away.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 08, 2013, 02:48:12 pm by Pintolager »
Whether people like revelling on Maggie's death or not, I am sure there will be tonnes of jokes flying around in the next couple of days

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 08, 2013, 02:54:56 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Being born in the 90s and not actually being affected directly by her government I stop short of celebrating her death. However Im not going to judge those who do. If you went through hell I hope you enjoy this. Go nuts. I don't think people should preach from the moral high ground on this.

charleydrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 08, 2013, 02:56:37 pm by charleydrfc »
 :thumbsup:
Being born in the 90s and not actually being affected directly by her government I stop short of celebrating her death. However Im not going to judge those who do. If you went through hell I hope you enjoy this. Go nuts. I don't think people should preach from the moral high ground on this.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 08, 2013, 02:57:42 pm by River Don »
Thatchers only been in Hell three hours, and already she's closed down three furnaces.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 08, 2013, 03:00:14 pm by CusworthRovers »
Maggie Maggie Maggie,

Out Out Out

Giver her Spirit 2 months in Hell (where she belongs) and she'll be closing it down as not economically viable.

State funeral!!! You've got to be shitting me

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 08, 2013, 03:02:39 pm by RobTheRover »
Apparently Register.ie reported that she died of a strike not a stroke on its twitter feed. Good old predictive text nearly getting it right.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 08, 2013, 03:04:49 pm by Pintolager »
Maggie Thatcher's family have said they will honour her dying wish to be buried next to Jimmy Saville as they both loved to f*ck the miners

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 08, 2013, 03:06:49 pm by CusworthRovers »
Jimmy Saville

Maggie Thatcher

who fancies an Ian Brady hat trick this year?

Satan is calling in his flock

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 08, 2013, 03:08:09 pm by IDM »

Moral high ground my arse!  Not celebrating when someone dies isn't taking the moral high ground.

Like I said before, there's a difference between not being saddened by this death, and actually celebrating it.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 08, 2013, 03:12:16 pm by CusworthRovers »
If you don't want to celebrate then don't. I take no offence in you not celebrating. People shouldn't knock those that do. She had a massive impact on many lives round here (and not just the miners). If people feel anger or a cause to hate somebody, then leave them to it

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 08, 2013, 03:28:40 pm by IDM »
If people feel anger or a cause to hate somebody, then leave them to it

I agree with that sentiment, but think that celebrating a death is a step too far.  Just my opinion, also I am not personally offended by those celebrating, I just think it is wrong.

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 08, 2013, 03:35:42 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Will you celebrate when Richardson dies?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 08, 2013, 03:40:23 pm by IDM »
Will you celebrate when Richardson dies?

No, but I certainly will not mourn him.  He's gone, history - the wrongs he did have been put right by JR and the subsequent boards at DRFC.  I have nothing but disregard for Richardson, alive or dead.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 08, 2013, 04:00:10 pm by RoversAlias »
Anyone who revels in the death of another human being, ANY human being, needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

And that is all I am saying on this one.

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 08, 2013, 04:07:07 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Intresting one this. W hat about Bin Laden, Hussain, Hitler etc. Can we not celebrate their deaths?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 08, 2013, 04:08:52 pm by MrFrost »
Intresting one this. W hat about Bin Laden, Hussain, Hitler etc. Can we not celebrate their deaths?

I'm not sure Thatcher falls into the same category. They were all evil, evil men with an intention to kill innocent people.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 08, 2013, 04:15:46 pm by RoversAlias »

I'm not sure Thatcher falls into the same category. They were all evil, evil men with an intention to kill innocent people.

She undoubtedly does not fall into the same category but in response to Benny - no, I don't believe that celebrating death is the way that anyone should think or behave. When the likes of Hussein and Bin Laden died I was not happy. I wasn't sad either don't get me wrong, my thoughts and feelings on those days was tied to the victims and families of victims. I was perhaps relieved (there may be a better word for it than that tbh) for those people as maybe they felt a sense of justice and at least some consolation that the person/people who had hurt their family and friends was no longer walking this earth.

But happiness? God no. I think people who want to throw parties because a person dies has lost sight of what being human is about.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 08, 2013, 04:17:32 pm by IDM »
Where someone is a dictator, or a despot or tyrant, and there is no democratic way of removing them from power, then celebrating their death is more about celebratign their removal from power.

This is not comparable to the UK and Mrs T.

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 08, 2013, 04:50:18 pm by drfcbenny625 »
I should of added I wasn't comparing Thatcher to those. I was just using them to see your opinion on where your line was. I know Thatcher and the likes of those I mentioned are worlds apart.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012