Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:10:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: pay on gate  (Read 7334 times)

colin cramb

• Forum Member
pay on gate
« on August 01, 2013, 09:24:32 pm by colin cramb »
Can we pay on any turnstile saturday?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: pay on gate
« Reply #1 on August 01, 2013, 10:17:20 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yes south stand for this and every game. An IRWT success.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 01, 2013, 10:19:00 pm by Filo »

Be careful BFYP, some folk might start thinking the VSC are bigging themselves up again! :)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 04, 2013, 09:04:32 pm by RedRover45 »

Be careful BFYP, some folk might start thinking the VSC are bigging themselves up again! :)

Success ? Is that what you call it ? Three cash turnstiles with nobody there and 2 turnstiles with absolutely massive queues so a steward had to man a disabled entrance ? I think not such a success....

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 04, 2013, 09:14:22 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Success ? Is that what you call it ? Three cash turnstiles with nobody there and 2 turnstiles with absolutely massive queues so a steward had to man a disabled entrance ? I think not such a success....

Totally agree its the wrong way round season tickets and prepaid   three turnstiles  pay on the gate two, or even  four season and prepaid and one cash

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 04, 2013, 09:18:51 pm by bobjimwilly »

The posts previous to yours were posted long before the match RedRover. It was a success in that the club finally gave cash turnstiles the go ahead for all league matches.

However, I agree the way it was handled yesterday was a shambles. We will be talking to the club asap about what happened yesterday, and look to work with the club to fix the problems before the Blackburn game.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 04, 2013, 09:24:32 pm by Dagenham Rover »

The posts previous to yours were posted long before the match RedRover. It was a success in that the club finally gave cash turnstiles the go ahead for all league matches.

However, I agree the way it was handled yesterday was a shambles. We will be talking to the club asap about what happened yesterday, and look to work with the club to fix the problems before the Blackburn game.

Thanks BJW  it'll be worse when the "bigger" teams are in town

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #7 on August 04, 2013, 09:24:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Didn't seem like anyone was encouraging those in the long queue to use it.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 04, 2013, 09:25:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Indeed, I thought much the same as posted above and these points will be relayed back.  Please bear in mind when these things are being tried out they won't go right from the off and things will need tweaking to get them right....

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 04, 2013, 09:39:53 pm by RedRover45 »

Maybe, but how many in the long queue for the ticket office were paying by card or possibly picking up season tickets ?
Any idea what number going through cash turnstiles constitutes a success or failure of the experiment ? Suggestions ?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 04, 2013, 09:44:42 pm by The L J Monk »
There was an SLO telling people in the ticket office queue they could pay cash on the gate for the South Stand. I didn't see too many people taking him up on his offer though.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 04, 2013, 09:50:40 pm by StocktonRover »
Is it not possible for the cash turnstyles to also allow ST holders in during busy periods.

I regularly travel through the Tyne tunnel and some barriers are Cash only whilst others are permit holders only, but some allow permit or cash.

Could the same principles be applied to this?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 04, 2013, 11:21:36 pm by silent majority »
Stockton,

You would have thought so wouldn't you. I'll check with the club.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 04, 2013, 11:46:40 pm by Jenny »
Quick question, do people actually get given a ticket as they go through the cash turnstyle or are they expected to just pick a seat? I saw rows A-H on the signs so is it just a general free for all on those rows?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 05, 2013, 12:06:41 am by RobTheRover »
I think that's the model we would like to see Stockton. The club stated that the handling of cash with mixed adult/junior /concessions using the same turnstile causes problems with reconciliation,  which I can understand. Allowing STs at all turnstiles makes sense.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 05, 2013, 01:29:50 am by RedJ »
Quick question, do people actually get given a ticket as they go through the cash turnstyle or are they expected to just pick a seat? I saw rows A-H on the signs so is it just a general free for all on those rows?

Well when you pay on the day on away days you get given a ticket so I'd imagine it'd be that, maybe with "unreserved" printed on it as opposed to a seat row and number.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 05, 2013, 03:51:41 am by RedRover45 »

Well when you pay on the day on away days you get given a ticket so I'd imagine it'd be that, maybe with "unreserved" printed on it as opposed to a seat row and number.

Correct. You are given a ticket with unreserved seating on it for Rows A -H for three blocks and when they're gone, they're gone.

DonnyMark

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 05, 2013, 07:14:12 am by DonnyMark »
Anyone know what the plan is for when Leeds are in town ?

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 05, 2013, 08:59:41 am by Jimmydee »
Can we pay at the gate tomorrow?   If so, there will be long queues.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 05, 2013, 09:18:00 am by Jenny »
There were no queues on the cash gates on Saturday.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 05, 2013, 09:23:22 am by LincsRover »
Just long queues for the ST holders

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 05, 2013, 09:29:48 am by Jimmydee »
There certainly won't be any queues at all for this Saturday!!!!

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 05, 2013, 09:41:07 am by 5minstogo »
Pay on the gate a great success for me.  Decided at 1.30 to pop along, arrived at 2pm.  Saw massive queues at the ticket office and nearly decided to turn around and go home.  SLO saw me wandering around, asked if I wanted to pay on the gate, I paid at the turnstile in cash and told I could sit anyway in row A-H.

Pies are much better too.  After not going to any games at all last season I was suitably impressed with the movement off the field Rovers have made recently.  I'll come again.

Thanks to everyone who has made these things happen.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 05, 2013, 11:01:04 am by IDM »
The pre-paid ticket/ST turnstiles get people in very quickly, only takes a few seconds each.  There were couple of blokes joined the regular queue behind me, moaning that they couldn't use the cash only gate, yet the half dozen folks in front of me, me and my daughter AND the moaners all got in within 45-60 seconds of them joining the queue.

However, having said that, I don't see why ticket holders (ST or single) cannot use all the turnstiles, after all, once through everyone is in the same concourse?

One question for the SLO, I have a multi-ticket 10 game voucher thingy - can I use one of these vouchers directly, in lieu of cash, for pay at the gate?  I can use the voucher as "cash" in the ticket office.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 05, 2013, 11:04:07 am by RobTheRover »
Thats a good question, and not one I've heard asked yet, IDM.

We'll take that up with the club.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 05, 2013, 11:08:34 am by Colin C No.3 »
Pay on the gate a great success for me.  Decided at 1.30 to pop along, arrived at 2pm.  Saw massive queues at the ticket office and nearly decided to turn around and go home.  SLO saw me wandering around, asked if I wanted to pay on the gate, I paid at the turnstile in cash and told I could sit anyway in row A-H.

Pies are much better too.  After not going to any games at all last season I was suitably impressed with the movement off the field Rovers have made recently.  I'll come again.

Purely as a matter of interest, can I ask if it was simply through personal choice that made you decide not to attend a game last season?

winegums

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 05, 2013, 11:13:30 am by winegums »
I had someone in front of me moaning about the que for ticket turnstiles then when he got to the front he decided to take tickets out of his pocket separate them them then give them out. If people got there tickets ready while in the que it would make things quicker

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 05, 2013, 12:01:28 pm by 5minstogo »

Purely as a matter of interest, can I ask if it was simply through personal choice that made you decide not to attend a game last season?

Yes purely personal choice. Having held a season ticket since moving to Doncaster until last season,  I just don't have the same interest in football anymore.  It was nice however just to rock up on the day without any prior planning and just enjoy the match.  I know its not a lot of revenue but another £30 in the Rovers coffers, had I needed to queue for a ticket I probably wouldn't have bothered.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 05, 2013, 01:22:23 pm by RedRover45 »

Maybe, but how many in the long queue for the ticket office were paying by card or possibly picking up season tickets ?
Any idea what number going through cash turnstiles constitutes a success or failure of the experiment ? Suggestions ?

Bump. Anyone's opinion on the amount of cash customers that make it a success against a failure ? IRWT/VSC/SLO reps ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 05, 2013, 01:37:00 pm by silent majority »

Bump. Anyone's opinion on the amount of cash customers that make it a success against a failure ? IRWT/VSC/SLO reps ?

When it was implemented during the cup games last season it was an undoubted success. Last saturday was the first time it has been done during a normal league game at the Keepmoat. There are some lessons to be learned no doubt, however I think it's far too early to decide as to whether its a success or not.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012