Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:52:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Job in UK  (Read 35071 times)

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
Job in UK
« on March 06, 2014, 06:35:14 pm by DevilMayCry »
Hello guys. In the last few months I searched to work in UK because I want a different and better life that I have in Romania.
I've searched on internet and found some websites with recruiting but I didn't received any response. We have here, in Romania, on some websites that some agencies recruits to work in England but here is a big problem. Many agencies are fake and disappear as soon as you gave them the money required for recruitment.

I finished my college and masters in consumer protection, food industry and now I work as salesman.

So, my question is, does anyone know restaurants/bars or anything else, that are hiring in Doncaster or other city in UK?

I apologize if I bothered with this problem. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:06:51 pm by DevilMayCry »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Job in UK
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2014, 07:47:55 pm by RedJ »
To be fair most of the time you just have to go in and ask if there's any jobs going, if you're after working in a restaurant. With your qualifications though it should help you move up faster than if you were just a school leaver with nothing to go on.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 06, 2014, 07:56:01 pm by DevilMayCry »
In conclusion I should come there and go to companies to search a job. To be honest, I was thinking of this. So I need to put some money aside and then to come there and try my chance. I think 1000-1500 pounds (it will take some time until I put aside this money) will be enough for 2 months (rent, food, transport from here to UK and in the worst case if I don't find a job, some money to return home).

Thanks for your answer RedJ
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:00:41 pm by DevilMayCry »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 06, 2014, 08:21:22 pm by River Don »
Here's what you do DMC.

Get yourself to London, I think you can most cheaply by coach.

Book yourself in to the YHA, you need to book ahead, it is probably the most civilised way to stay cheaply in London. There are a few Youth hostels around central London, they're clean and you can prepare your own food so it's cheaper.

http://www.yha.org.uk/places-to-stay/london

This will give you two or three weeks to get out and about the city and find yourself some work. It shouldn't be too difficult to something quickly in your field and London is the best place to try first.

Once you have an income you can then start to look around for alternatives, if you want to come up to Donny to look around here it's only a couple of hours away on the train.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:05:52 pm by River Don »

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 06, 2014, 08:28:15 pm by DevilMayCry »
Thank you mate for your help. I'll look at it and maybe I'll try what you said.

Thanks again for the advice

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 06, 2014, 08:28:50 pm by CusworthRovers »
Many Europeans come to Donny to work on that farm in Tickhill picking fruit.

For you my Carpathian friend, Tickhill is a nice area South of Doncaster

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 06, 2014, 08:38:59 pm by River Don »
Nice as Tickhill is, I reckon chances are you'll probably end up wanting to stay in London for a while.

Actually it's just hit me if you want Donny, I know this little place is hiring right now. Drop them an email and tell them your coming to London soon but your a Donny Rovers fan and your Donny friends from t'internet recommended them. You never know your luck.

Cadeby is a very small, nice little village near Donny.

http://www.cadebyinn.co.uk/contact.html
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:14:06 pm by River Don »

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 07, 2014, 07:15:14 pm by DevilMayCry »
Thank you guys. I will consider your advice.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 08, 2014, 05:22:39 pm by IC1967 »
My advice would be to go to London. You will have no problem getting a job there. Your quality of life will also be much better there. London is the best city in the world and full of interesting things to do in your spare time.

The only thing you need to take care of is your housing costs. They are very high in London so If I were you I'd try and meet up with some fellow countrymen and share accommodation to keep the costs down.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 08, 2014, 06:36:59 pm by DevilMayCry »
I was thinking to go in London but first I need to put money aside (1200-1500 pounds) and for this I'll have to work between 6-12 month. I only earn 175-180 pounds per month s-o will take a wile.

I know will be very hard but I don't want to live with other romanians. I want to live between english people because I want to learn to speak this language much better and to learn more things about english mentality, history etc. If I stay in o group of romanians the speaking language will be romanian and will be much harder to learn.

Thanks for your advice mate.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 08, 2014, 07:06:25 pm by IC1967 »
Good luck my friend. London is the right decision.

I'd make sure you have enough to last you for 3 months. After that our very generous benefits scheme kicks in and you should get lots of help with your housing costs.

I'm glad you want to improve your English and want to mix with the natives. It will be appreciated by us and in time I'm sure you will be accepted as one of us.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 08, 2014, 07:55:25 pm by River Don »
I was thinking to go in London but first I need to put money aside (1200-1500 pounds) and for this I'll have to work between 6-12 month. I only earn 175-180 pounds per month s-o will take a wile.

I know will be very hard but I don't want to live with other romanians. I want to live between english people because I want to learn to speak this language much better and to learn more things about english mentality, history etc. If I stay in o group of romanians the speaking language will be romanian and will be much harder to learn.

Thanks for your advice mate.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure London is the right decision then. It's very much an international city, it's a series of villages and foriegn communities, no doubt you will find a Romanian community there.

If you want to find the real England then you really must get outside London because London is nothing like England.

Doncaster is a very English place but it's a Northern English place which is very different to the south.

DMC, what drew you to look up Doncaster?

Because I can tell you now there are a lot of people who live here who would rather get out.

I say that as someone who moved away and came back.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:39:16 pm by River Don »

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 08, 2014, 08:41:28 pm by DevilMayCry »
Hmmm, I'm not so sure London is the right decision then. It's very much an international city, it's a series of villages and foriegn communities, no doubt you will find a Romanian community there.

If you want to find the real England then you really must get outside London because London is nothing like England.

Doncaster is a very English place but it's a Northern English place which is very different to the south.

DMC, what draw you to look up Doncaster?

Because I can tell you now there are a lot of people who live here who would rather get out.

I say that as someone who moved away and came back.

From what i saw here and read about, people from Doncaster seem to be very friendly. And for me, for beginning (if i get there) I would like to get into a friendly community who can accept me and help me because I'm a stranger and will take time to settle in.

I don't know how people are in London, maybe are the same.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:45:44 pm by DevilMayCry »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 08, 2014, 08:47:28 pm by River Don »
DMC

That is very true, that is why I like Doncaster the people are very friendly. It's not on the surface though and people can be quite cruel but when you get to know them they are very compassionate and loyal folk. That is the very best thing about Doncaster, people are genuine.

It sounds like you might fit in here. Don't go thinking you'll be alone by the way, there are a lot of East Europeans here now.

In my experience London can be a lonely place, Londoners can be quite indifferent.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:54:47 pm by River Don »

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 08, 2014, 08:57:45 pm by DevilMayCry »
I know that may Eastern Europeans work in UK, but what can I say about romanians who works in uk or other countries..they seem to be very selfish and they are unwilling to help other people to get a job.

For an real example: My mother has some cousins who work in Spain (different cities) and she asked some of them (she has helped in the past) if they can help me to put my cv-s at some companies and if I had luck to go and work there (not to live in they home, on their money or other thing..only to put some cv-s). The answer was: it's very hard to find a job, we don't have time etc.

Yeah, I know is hard to find a job (nowhere is easy). So that's a reason why I'm willing to take my chances and go alone in other country. What can I lose? Nothing, I don't have wife and children.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:03:41 pm by DevilMayCry »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 08, 2014, 09:03:21 pm by River Don »
I found the Spanish to be alright, more friendly than the French anyway.

I tell you what DMC, if you want to be Doncastrian and you're enthusiastic about the place then you'll get on fine. Though a lot of people will find that a bit strange.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 08, 2014, 09:06:21 pm by DevilMayCry »
I know that every people are some skeptical about strangers from other countries. Do not know who they are, what they want, what they will do

I've met some Spanish at Europa League final when Athletic Bilbao played against Atletico Madrid. The final was in 2012 in Bucharest. Me and 2 friends of mine where in the group of Bilbao's supporters and they were very civilized and sociable

Good luck my friend. London is the right decision.

I'd make sure you have enough to last you for 3 months. After that our very generous benefits scheme kicks in and you should get lots of help with your housing costs.

I'm glad you want to improve your English and want to mix with the natives. It will be appreciated by us and in time I'm sure you will be accepted as one of us.

Thanks mate for your confidence
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:12:45 pm by DevilMayCry »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 08, 2014, 09:15:53 pm by River Don »
I like the Spanish and Italians a lot. The Germans are ok though they can be a bit cool.

I've only really ever had problems in France.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 08, 2014, 09:23:13 pm by DevilMayCry »
I never met italians or french. Germans I met when Bayern played in 2009 at Cluj.

My father worked in Germany and France. He told me that he saw many french women buying 2 bottles of wine every day. He was 3 months at Flamanvile and worked at nuclear central

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 08, 2014, 09:29:26 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I agree with RD I really don't think London would be the right choice judging by what you have said on this and other threads, and that is also from someone born and bred in Doncaster that lived and worked  in London for 30 years and then moved back to Doncaster.

Don't get me wrong London is  a fantastic place, However you would no doubt be able to find Romanian community's in most towns and citys if you felt a bit homesick 

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 08, 2014, 09:34:21 pm by DevilMayCry »
I understand. Personally, it doesn't matter in what city I will work and live as long as I have a decent life, a family, I feel happy and have some friends to share something in common. Here is very hard to have a good job because everything just goes with bribe and relationships. I believe in other country I have more chances than here.

And don't forget football. I like watching matches from Germany and England, that is the real football. I really like your fanaticism and loyalty you show for your team. Last time when I was on a stadium was in 2009, when my childhood club, Progresul, played his last match in history. That match it was at our stadium. Since then, I was never interested to go and watch a match on other romanian stadium. I still love football and I really like to be on a stadium in England and Germany and enjoy a really good football.

Yeah, I know I'm a little weird but that's me. I'm a dreamer
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:48:36 pm by DevilMayCry »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 08, 2014, 10:19:39 pm by River Don »
I'm not being funny but dreaming about Doncaster is not the usual thing to do.

Then again it is probably better than a lot of Romania.

One thing Doncaster is very short of is people who really believe in the place. From that point of view, you'd be more than welcome.
In fact we are desperate for people like you.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 08, 2014, 10:22:41 pm by RedJ »
To be honest, RD, I think it's fashionable to call the place you're from a shit hole. Many young folk from across the land say where they live is a shit hole, no matter where they live.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 08, 2014, 10:23:52 pm by River Don »
To be honest, RD, I think it's fashionable to call the place you're from a shit hole. Many young folk from across the land say where they live is a shit hole, no matter where they live.

Not in that London.

But that is the problem in this country. It is all about London.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:28:16 pm by River Don »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 08, 2014, 10:29:16 pm by Dagenham Rover »
When visiting the wife's relatives I deliberately take her through Barking/Ilford just to show her whats shes missing   :blink:

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 09, 2014, 03:32:10 am by IC1967 »
The main reason I recommend London is that you will definitely get a job. That has to be your main priority. Jobs are very difficult to come by in Doncaster.

There is no way I would travel to Doncaster without already having a job lined up. However travel to London without a job lined up and you will soon be in work. All you have to have is two arms and two legs. London is a completely different place compared to the rest of England. It is much more cosmopolitan compared to other towns and cities and foreigners fit in very well as there are now so many of them living there. You are much less likely to encounter racism there than you would in Doncaster.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 09, 2014, 06:43:39 am by DevilMayCry »
The main reason I recommend London is that you will definitely get a job. That has to be your main priority. Jobs are very difficult to come by in Doncaster.

There is no way I would travel to Doncaster without already having a job lined up. However travel to London without a job lined up and you will soon be in work. All you have to have is two arms and two legs. London is a completely different place compared to the rest of England. It is much more cosmopolitan compared to other towns and cities and foreigners fit in very well as there are now so many of them living there. You are much less likely to encounter racism there than you would in Doncaster.

The priority is to have a job but as you say, also I think for the beginning in London I will have more opportunities to find it. However, it will take some time to put aside the money (job, selling some ads on website I administrate etc) I need for everything and patience is a virtue.

Thank you all for advices.

L.E. I saw on internet that in UK the salary is like 6-7 pounds/h..wow, that's great. Here were I work I earn 5.5-6 pounds/day and I work 8 hours/day and 12 hours/day in weekend. I only have 2 free days (a weekend) at 2 weeks
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:37:52 am by DevilMayCry »

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 09, 2014, 01:30:23 pm by IC1967 »
You may want to start up your own business when you get here. It could be something that you do alongside your main job. It is something that I would strongly recommend.

For example do you play a musical instrument? Let's say for example you play the guitar. There is a huge demand from people wanting to learn guitar. The pay for this is between £20 to £30 per hour.

Even if you don't play guitar it is something that you could learn before you come here. There is no traveling involved as they would come to you. You only need to have been playing for a few months before you could start teaching. You just need to make sure you only take on complete beginners at first.

I'm sure there are many more business ideas that could suit you. You sound like an entrepreneur to me and it is just a matter of finding something you like to do. Unfortunately many of my countrymen don't like the idea of running their own businesses. We rely on people like you to come to our country to start up businesses to give them employment.

Mult noroc!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 09, 2014, 01:48:30 pm by Filo »
Know any good guitar teachers Mick?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 09, 2014, 04:17:02 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Learn the guitar in about 12 months (DMCs timescale) to the standard required to teach, you really are more deluded than I thought

TinyPortal © 2005-2012