Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 03:42:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Anti vsc chants  (Read 20401 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Anti vsc chants
« Reply #60 on August 15, 2014, 12:02:44 am by Dagenham Rover »
The ITV reporter said as a tag line at the end something along the lines of  "no change from the premier league then". Not 100 percent quote but pretty close.
As you say hopefully it'll co e out properly over the next day or two

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 15, 2014, 07:56:24 am by BigColSutherland »
Thanks for the link Martin. i liked this bit:

"Today a couple of hundred fans who regularly attend football matches in England have marched on Premier League and Football League headquarters to protest against the amounts that they are expected to pay for admission to English stadiums. Having been roundly ignored, as they are every year, they will ramp up their protest by shuffling off to the pub for a moan then supinely paying over the odds for admission to an English stadium less than 24 hours later."

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 15, 2014, 09:02:56 am by silent majority »
Yes Col,

That was his lighthearted take on it. However we had the ear of the PL and FL for over an hour and a half on the subject of pricing and nothing else. The discussions were very constructive. But that discussion is in addition to the ones that we have on a regular basis, almost weekly in some cases depending on the subject under consideration.

You have to remember the same march last year agreed a £12m concession from the PL alone. It was a good start.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 15, 2014, 09:27:56 am by BigColSutherland »
Well I don't remember that £12m bit as it's news to me. Excellent stuff. When I asked what was successful about last year's march you didn't say anything. This is the sort of thing I was looking for.

What, realistically, are you hoping to get out of this year's march? Personally, I don't think fans in this country have much to bargain with.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 15, 2014, 10:04:05 am by DearneValleyRover »
Well I don't remember that £12m bit as it's news to me. Excellent stuff. When I asked what was successful about last year's march you didn't say anything. This is the sort of thing I was looking for.

What, realistically, are you hoping to get out of this year's march? Personally, I don't think fans in this country have much to bargain with.

Of course they have Col, their pockets. Not just stopping going to games but also stop subscribing to sky and BT sports although I doubt they will.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 15, 2014, 10:08:58 am by BigColSutherland »
Well exactly DVR. You can't bargain with something you're not prepared to give up.

I would also think that TV subscriptions from outside the UK were more of interest to the Premier League.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 15, 2014, 10:15:14 am by silent majority »
Col,

I can't answer every question you post.

Some of the things we get aren't always measurable. That one last year has been mentioned several times as it forced the home clubs in the PL to spend that sum on the away fans. How they did it was up to them. Some subsidised travel, some cut prices, some did reciprocal pricing. It was a start. Following on from that we (FSF) have been tasked with doing an audit on all PL clubs with regard to the away fans. For instance, where did the money get spent, where are away fans housed, do clubs abide by the PL rules on numbers? etc etc.

As I said it's a start. But we focused on match categorisation yesterday, plus concessionary prices for 16, 18yrs and young adults, who are the ones hit most by the current high prices being charged. If you don't form the habit at that age then you will be lost to the game. The PL, but especially the FL, have agreed to focus on these issues. The next few meetings will work out the practical details of doing so.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 15, 2014, 10:26:16 am by Tokyos Boot »
Col,

I can't answer every question you post.

Some of the things we get aren't always measurable. That one last year has been mentioned several times as it forced the home clubs in the PL to spend that sum on the away fans. How they did it was up to them. Some subsidised travel, some cut prices, some did reciprocal pricing. It was a start. Following on from that we (FSF) have been tasked with doing an audit on all PL clubs with regard to the away fans. For instance, where did the money get spent, where are away fans housed, do clubs abide by the PL rules on numbers? etc etc.

As I said it's a start. But we focused on match categorisation yesterday, plus concessionary prices for 16, 18yrs and young adults, who are the ones hit most by the current high prices being charged. If you don't form the habit at that age then you will be lost to the game. The PL, but especially the FL, have agreed to focus on these issues. The next few meetings will work out the practical details of doing so.

Interestingly enough one of my questions last night was asking what incentives there are put in place to encourage young adults to our games? I think a lot of revenue is lost on those who are no longer at cheaper under 16s tickets but can't afford full price or at least don't deem the experience satisfactory enough for parting with £25 for. The atmosphere difference is what makes these young men choose to go watch, for example Leeds over our beloved DRFC, or would far rather go watch us away than at home - the day experience, demographic and atmosphere is simply far better to what our young men will experience at the KMS, it has more of a 'buzz' and encourages an opportunity to be with a group of mates and enjoy a few drinks.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 15, 2014, 10:35:31 am by ctay »
Thanks for the update SM. I use to go to the majority of away games, plus go to Newcastle a fair bit and other games around the country etc. I find I have lost the heart for football somewhat recently. I still have my season ticket (despite missing a number of games), but the price of tickets has put me off, plus the negative vibe around DRFC in the last few years. However, I dont think its just DRFC. It is football in general and a general change in football fans. I think the pricing at DRFC is good in general. I would love to stand again though.

I dont follow this forum as much as I use to, mainly due to the constant bickering. I dont know why it has all started and to be honest I probably dont want to know. I am sure I am not the only one who is fed up of every thread turning in to a slagging match.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 15, 2014, 10:40:22 am by BigColSutherland »
Aren't the PL only going to agree to tokenistic gestures though. Unless there is some legislation in place that forces their hand, clubs will continue to do whatever makes them the most money, whether that's in the interests of their fans or not.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 15, 2014, 11:08:05 am by silent majority »
TB,

Yesterday's march and meeting was focused primarily on 'affordable football for all', therefore we our subject matter pretty much picked itself. Atmosphere and the match day experience are covered by our other campaigns, particularly Safe Standing and Away Fans Matter which would address your other concerns.

Col,

The subject matter, and that of the PL, is far too complex to answer by way of this forum. The actual structure and organisation of the PL is in itself a conundrum. When discussing these things you have to understand the relationships that exist between the authorities and the clubs before knowing what a 'tokenistic' gesture really amounts to. Legislation would be welcome, the latest All Party Select Committee report into football and governance did rattle the cage and a lot fell out of that, but they stopped short of legislating despite threatening it. I'm sure the next round, after the next election, will be different. There is a clear appetite at Westminster to resolve a lot of issues with football.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on August 15, 2014, 11:13:57 am by silent majority »
To add to the above we need to reflect on Doncaster Rovers position in all of this.

We discussed match categorisation with the PL and FL yesterday and specifically requested that away fans should be charged the lowest category on all occasions. Ideally we would do away with categorisation altogether.

So it's interesting to note that DRFC killed off categorisation at the Keepmoat some years ago. During our (VSC) discussions with the club we asked that they do that, and they responded positively. They should be congratulated for having the courage to resist the easy profit opportunities that come from charging an inflated price when a larger club visits your stadium. IRWT was responsible for that approach, and it would be great to see other clubs doing the same.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 15, 2014, 04:22:06 pm by Iberian Red »
I'd like to apologise to the forum and Robin Williams for my post the other day.

On the one hand, we have a terrible case of depression, self depreciating humour, the eternal pessimist.
On the other there was a comic genius.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 15, 2014, 04:53:15 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
You going have to see why when you cant have an opinion different to them without being slagged off. Bring it on themselves....

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on August 15, 2014, 04:55:31 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
You going have to see why when you cant have an opinion different to them without being slagged off. Bring it on themselves....

Anyone?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on August 15, 2014, 04:59:05 pm by StocktonRover »

Anyone?

Nope, sorry I cant help decipher it either?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on August 15, 2014, 05:18:21 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Tablet time nobby?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 18, 2014, 08:38:18 am by Filo »
Did n't hear any of these chants on Saturday, had the kids pocket money ran out? :)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 18, 2014, 09:18:24 am by BigColSutherland »
Perhaps, as a member of the VSC, rather than belittle the fans who have taken umbrage at your organisation, you could try and find out what is fuelling this ill-feeling?

It does the VSC no good whatsoever for its members to be openly mocking those who are disgruntled and serves no purpose other than disenfranchising them further.

People like Filo may find comfort in writing these individuals off as children who don't know any better, but perhaps they have a legitimate grievance that the VSC should take note of.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on August 18, 2014, 09:37:44 am by IDM »

People like Filo may find comfort in writing these individuals off as children who don't know any better, but perhaps they have a legitimate grievance that the VSC should take note of.

Perhaps those individuals should come on here or communicate their grievances about the VSC directly to the organisation?  Why should the VSC respond to a small group of kids (apparently witnessed at Yeovil) chanting against the VSC, or a twitter user who tweeted "f**k the VSC" but failed to reply when asked why? 

No need to respond to folks venting their spleens for the sake of it, but if they really have problems with the VSC, then they should address them properly...

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on August 18, 2014, 09:44:10 am by BigColSutherland »
Well IDM, I'd say either speak with them (I'm not fussed who makes the opening move) or remain silent. There's nothing to be gained by VSC members mocking them.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on August 18, 2014, 09:46:38 am by IDM »
How do you respond to anonymous chanters?  All I would recommend is an open invite for them to make their feelings known in a way that can be effectively responded to.  If you get the odd individual saying "f**k the VSC" is it worth expending the effort to find out why?

Act like children, get treated like children.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on August 18, 2014, 09:49:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I was wondering where I'd heard all this before.

3:00 here
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCkQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2NEZRPzNF2Q&ei=VrzxU8L8KYWO7QbnmoHYBA&usg=AFQjCNE112eS5L7PXWVtUeE6SRyZCN1-lA&bvm=bv.73231344,d.ZGU&cad=rja

"A lot of people say young adults are violent. But how would you feel right, if you were old enough to chant 'VSC: w**k, w**k, w**k' and yet no-one connected with the VSC took you seriously?'"

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 18, 2014, 09:50:27 am by Dagenham Rover »
If they have a problem with the vsc they should approach the vsc  thats not mocking anybody its logical.

If I have a problem with a supplier of a service I use I go to them to sort it, as I know what the exact problem is, I don't expect them to second guess what the issue is all about

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 18, 2014, 09:54:03 am by BigColSutherland »
Interestingly, I understand these 'anonymous' chanters have been approached by the DRSG. How on earth did they manage that.

Dagenham - do you think Filo's post is mocking them?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 18, 2014, 09:59:28 am by Sad-Rovers »
Did n't hear any of these chants on Saturday, had the kids pocket money ran out? :)

To be fair I didn't hear many chants of any kind on Sat.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on August 18, 2014, 10:03:49 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Col

Let me guess. When the DRSG approached them to ask what was driving them, the answer was something along the lines of: "Me and my mates don't get the stuff that my "old man" is into. So we thought we'd do something for "young adults" by "young adults" about the kind of stuff that "young adults" are interested in. After all, it's "our club too", right!"

Is that about it?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 18, 2014, 10:04:12 am by Dagenham Rover »
Interestingly, I understand these 'anonymous' chanters have been approached by the DRSG. How on earth did they manage that.

Dagenham - do you think Filo's post is mocking them?

Ok they have been approached by the Drsg but thats not the organisation they supposedly have an issue with!

I was refering to my post

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 18, 2014, 10:09:19 am by BigColSutherland »
Col

Let me guess. When the DRSG approached them to ask what was driving them, the answer was something along the lines of: "Me and my mates don't get the stuff that my "old man" is into. So we thought we'd do something for "young adults" by "young adults" about the kind of stuff that "young adults" are interested in. After all, it's "our club too", right!"

Is that about it?

No William - they had some, what I would consider to be, legitimate concerns about representation.

Dagenham - my point is they're not anonymous.

A number of members(Stockton, Filo, DearneValleyRover) have decided that the best course of action is to mock them, belittle them, or just ignore them. Now, for an organisation that claims to represent the interests of all the fans, it's not particularly useful for a number of that organisation's members to be seen to be washing their hands of a group of fans.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on August 18, 2014, 10:11:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Col

Oh aye. I've just checked. What they actually appear to have said was:
"Alright mate, yeah I was one of those. Not been a fan of them for a few years now, mainly the way they talk about the younger generation future fans supporting the club. It seems that cos they are supposedly adults and we are basically classed as kids they try and usher our views and opinions away about the club. Think the main reason it was sang at the game, is we are not a group who will show our views over forum it will all be at public."

I'm sure you can see where I got mixed up. Easy mistake to make.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012