Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 04:42:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ST HOLDERS DESERVE STATEMENT FROM THE CLUB  (Read 23869 times)

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
ST HOLDERS DESERVE STATEMENT FROM THE CLUB
« on January 16, 2015, 08:23:11 pm by Ian Nimmo »
Since I posted the thread that the club will lose ST holders, it is quite clear that many are totally angered by the clubs decision.
I received a call yesterday noting that I was angry about the decision and what could they do so that I would renew, basically would I move to another stand.

During the conversation I was told there are approximately 800 season ticket holders in the SS.
How many of these 800 were consulted before making the decision they have made?

How many fans were consulted in total?

Also that the decision to make the SS unreserved seating had been made and would not be revoked.
If a large number are angry about the decision, why will the club not re-consider, after all we are still 3 months away from the end of the current season?

I consider that us loyal fans do deserve clarification / answers to the above.

I stick by my original post that this decision will result in a lower number of season tickets holders, surely the club should re-consider to try and avoid this.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: ST HOLDERS DESERVE STATEMENT FROM THE CLUB
« Reply #1 on January 16, 2015, 08:32:05 pm by Nudga »
I am a loyal supporter who will be buying me and my two boys a season ticket for the first time in this stadium on the back of this unreserved seating news.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 16, 2015, 08:33:17 pm by Superspy »
On the flipside, when I went to take my penalty tonight I was asked what I thought about the situation. My answer was that the decision to make the south unreserved was partly the reason why I renewed on day 1 this time around, because even though the situation hasn't been well handled in the opinion of some people, the fact that the club have decided to do something to try and aid the atmosphere has pleased me and I think in the long term it will be a success.

I feel for the people who are obviously troubled by what has gone on, but at the same time the club are under no obligation to consult with anybody if they don't want too. They are selling a product and it is entirely up to them what that product is, and it is up to the customer whether they buy it. I'd hazard a guess that the number of people who feel as strongly about the situation as you is relatively small in comparison with the total affected, but of course that's pure conjecture from me, and I'm not suggesting that you should be ignored by the club at all.

One thing I do know is that day 1 season ticket sales are up on last year, and that's got to be a good sign.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 16, 2015, 08:47:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well ian nimmo at least you have had contact from the club. I haven't!!!!!! and I was probably one of the more vocal ones!

The chances are it was going to happen at some point soon it has been badly managed its that simple and the whole lot could have been avoided.

Five days on total since it kicked of and np real effort to contact the people affected except a statement basically extolling the virtues of it on dros fat lot of help to those affected some of whom quite possibly don't even know yet
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:07:17 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 16, 2015, 09:13:55 pm by Boomstick »
Bla bla bla, whinge f**king whinge.  :crying: :crying:

The SS will be unreserved, get over it.

I for one think its a great thing  :scarf: :thumbsup:

thorneydave

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 16, 2015, 09:36:27 pm by thorneydave »
Me too, moving there from east stand next season and got two mates to join me as new season ticket holders. Can't wait, must be better than now.
  Surely, the disgruntled fans can still buy a season ticket and sit close to where they would have anyway?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 16, 2015, 09:49:08 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Bla bla bla, whinge f***ing whinge.  :crying: :crying:

I have no doubt it will be good thing  but its totally badly managed now just because you agree with the decision doesn't mean you should have such a jumped up stuff you attitude it was badly managed its as simple as that.
Try having a little bit of consideration the chances are you will get much further in life

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 16, 2015, 09:56:46 pm by Metalmicky »
Time to get over it I think.
The decision appears to have divided opinion, however, you appear distraught that you weren't personally consulted. Therefore, I suggest if you feel so harshly treated then maybe you should consider not renewing... It's a shame that the club cannot make everyone happy all of the time...

I hope you see sense and change your mind....

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 16, 2015, 10:12:13 pm by Boomstick »
Bla bla bla, whinge f***ing whinge.  :crying: :crying:

I have no doubt it will be good thing  but its totally badly managed now just because you agree with the decision doesn't mean you should have such a jumped up stuff you attitude it was badly managed its as simple as that.
Try having a little bit of consideration the chances are you will get much further in life
Genuinely cant see what your moaning about

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 16, 2015, 10:27:25 pm by silent majority »
Its impossible to consult with everybody affected and then try and make a decision. It would be a process of paralysis.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 16, 2015, 10:28:41 pm by andysly »
I've been SS STH for years. I may have to move a little next season or I might not, it isn't really a concern to me, I go to watch the match.
I genuinely feel sorry for the club as they can never win with the fans, whatever they do is met with arguments by some.
Fans have been moaning on for years about the lack of atmosphere, the club have tried options, this to me is the most obvious and best one.
When people have settled down into this brave new world next season I'm sure even the disaffected will admit to it being an improvement.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 16, 2015, 10:32:06 pm by Dagenham Rover »
The decision appears to have divided opinion, however, you appear distraught that you weren't personally consulted. Therefore, I suggest if you feel so harshly treated then maybe you should consider not renewing... It's a shame that the club cannot make everyone happy all of the time...

MM I'm not "distraught" but as a lot of things Donny Rovers it's totally and utterly mismanaged with no consideration.   
Publicly on here  I have   said I will be renewing I'm not sure whether it will be the south or what, now its interesting that the club have contacted Ian Nimmo who publicly said he wouldn't and asked what they can do to persuade him to renew!!!!

It's not a case of personal consultation at all it should have gone to all season ticket holders affected whether WSN or SS  as I have said there is close to 10% of season ticket holders affected, now we all know a fair percentage  will not be overly bothered but a fair percentage will be bothered due to whatever personal reasons aisle seats due to medical reasons etc etc etc.

Proper consultation could have totally avoided 99% of this or to be honest a simple letter to everybody affected as soon as the decision was made, some will still not even know about this decision!!!!!!

and I'm afraid totally arrogant attitudes like Boomsticks really does not help any sensible discussion but to be fair  his attitude is always that way stuff you I'm all right.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 16, 2015, 10:33:37 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Its impossible to consult with everybody affected and then try and make a decision. It would be a process of paralysis.

SM there is less than  500 people affected in the the South and WSN  and as soon as the decision was made they COULD have been contacted without a terrific effort from the club .

Near enough 10% of the  season ticket holder fanbase  some won't be bothered but a pretty fair percentage will be  and  apparently are

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:43:18 pm by Dagenham Rover »

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 16, 2015, 10:40:31 pm by StocktonRover »
I like many more supporters and season ticket holders have refrained from posting on this subject as it doesn't affect me at all.

I fully support any initiative to improve the atmosphere so think in principle it is a good idea.
The point I'm trying to make is that many people like myself have refrained from posting and as a result the balance of comments appear as if the majority are opposed to it which possibly / probably isn't the case.

I hope that this initiative does improve the atmosphere and also that those fans affected by it can find a suitable solution to the change without deserting our club.
RTID wherever we sit

RTID1978

« Reply #14 on January 16, 2015, 10:42:46 pm by RTID1978 »
Well said!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 16, 2015, 10:42:51 pm by Muttley »

But, given our attendances, there was no need to go fot the "Big Bang" approach - could have easily made top half or middle section unallocated and left bottom half or side sections for season ticket holders.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 16, 2015, 10:45:40 pm by SLO@DRFC »

MM I'm not "distraught" but as a lot of things Donny Rovers it's totally and utterly mismanaged with no consideration.   
Publicly on here  I have   said I will be renewing I'm not sure whether it will be the south or what, now its interesting that the club have contacted Ian Nimmo who publicly said he wouldn't and asked what they can do to persuade him to renew!!!!

It's not a case of personal consultation at all it should have gone to all season ticket holders affected whether WSN or SS  as I have said there is close to 10% of season ticket holders affected, now we all know a fair percentage  will not be overly bothered but a fair percentage will be bothered due to whatever personal reasons aisle seats due to medical reasons etc etc etc.

Proper consultation could have totally avoided 99% of this or to be honest a simple letter to everybody affected as soon as the decision was made, some will still not even know about this decision!!!!!!

and I'm afraid totally arrogant attitudes like Boomsticks really does not help any sensible discussion but to be fair  his attitude is always that way stuff you I'm all right.

As far as we are aware Daggers the Club aren't contacting people who are vocal about it on here. For a start they only have a username and we highly doubt the VSC are passing on personal information of their forum users without permission.

Perhaps following the statement earlier this week, Ian Nimmo emailed his concerns and received the call from the club today in response to that, as opposed to a response to posts on here. But we're merely guessing here.

As per the statement on the official site, we've been informed that anyone with concerns or feedback should email customerservices@doncasterroversfc.co.uk or alternatively you can contact us by PM on here or by emailing supporterliaison@doncasterroversfc.co.uk and we will pass it on.

Thanks

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 16, 2015, 10:50:08 pm by silent majority »

But, given our attendances, there was no need to go fot the "Big Bang" approach - could have easily made top half or middle section unallocated and left bottom half or side sections for season ticket holders.

Not really. Experience has taught us that at every other club that have tried this it hasn't worked as intended and has caused more friction. To be honest my initial thought process was that a section or two would be enough but the more it was looked at and the more examples we examined the only obvious thing to do was to go for the whole area.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 16, 2015, 10:50:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Stockton,  I actually don't think anybody really disputes it will improve things
Muttley, Stop being so damn sensible  top half a dozen or so this season unreserved across the whole length of the  top of South with even less letters needed to be sent out and information that next season the whole of the south will be unreserved ..........job done

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 16, 2015, 10:53:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Not really. Experience has taught us that at every other club that have tried this it hasn't worked as intended and has caused more friction. To be honest my initial thought process was that a section or two would be enough but the more it was looked at and the more examples we examined the only obvious thing to do was to go for the whole area.

Ok well Ryans experience at Leicester  as said on the official statement  "similar concerns" he should have known better and expected this backlash and and been able to quell it before it happened.

Has the experiment making the bottom rows unreserved caused this sort of friction   no it hasn't

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 16, 2015, 11:07:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »

As far as we are aware Daggers the Club aren't contacting people who are vocal about it on here. For a start they only have a username and we highly doubt the VSC are passing on personal information of their forum users without permission.

Perhaps following the statement earlier this week, Ian Nimmo emailed his concerns and received the call from the club today in response to that, as opposed to a response to posts on here. But we're merely guessing here.

As per the statement on the official site, we've been informed that anyone with concerns or feedback should email customerservices@doncasterroversfc.co.uk or alternatively you can contact us by PM on here or by emailing supporterliaison@doncasterroversfc.co.uk and we will pass it on.

Thanks

tbh SLO's fair comment,  Ian's post didn't say either way, might be interesting for him to say though and to be perfectly honest why should I contact the club THEY want to change the terms and conditions that have been accepted throughout the years at the kms.

as I have said numerous times its basically a good idea badly implemented .......again
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:11:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 17, 2015, 01:44:45 am by silent majority »

Ok well Ryans experience at Leicester  as said on the official statement  "similar concerns" he should have known better and expected this backlash and and been able to quell it before it happened.

Has the experiment making the bottom rows unreserved caused this sort of friction   no it hasn't

Daggers, don't misinterpret my post. When I said it had caused friction at other clubs I was talking about segregating sections or allocating certain rows which would enable people to stand. Where whole areas have been given over to unreserved it's worked exceptionally well. A friend of mine has an unreserved ST at Rangers in Glasgow and swears by it.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 17, 2015, 07:33:20 am by LincsRover »
I've spent a lot of time in Glasgow SM and know that Rangers fans don't need much excuse to swear! Or Glaswegians generally come to that!

:woot:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 17, 2015, 08:16:34 am by mushRTID »
Iv been a season ticket holder in the SS for years and I'm not bothered, in fact I'm pleased they are trying to improve things.

Like someone else says time to get over it.

In 2 or 3 years we'll probably look back on this and laugh at the over reactions! Another reason to moan though I guess.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 17, 2015, 08:58:07 am by Scooter »
I'm a season ticket holder and I will be renewing. I've not decided where to sit yet but I don't really care. I go to support the rovers. We have a proactive club who try and make things better for the fans. I think it's a brilliant idea,
As fans we have choice which I am grateful for

People who overreact might need to take a look at what is important

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 17, 2015, 09:02:09 am by Dagenham Rover »
I've said I will renew, and I don't think anybody is saying its a bad idea it is'nt

Its purely how its been implemented

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 17, 2015, 09:23:21 am by Alickismyhero »
Daggers,

The change doesn't affect me at all but I fully support your point of view, its been handled very poorly. I get the feeling that the club had a problem to solve and chose to push this decision through having cosmetically communicated through the fans forum system.

The decision has been taken and it will be implemented. In the eyes of some the atmosphere will improve with the change!

the jury is out for me, lets see how it turns out.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 17, 2015, 09:42:51 am by ravenrover »
Good grief, if the figure of 800 STH is correct, we have what half a dozen people on here spouting off about how they are annoyed, Not really representative of the 800 is it. It's happened get over it.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 17, 2015, 09:44:11 am by Ian Nimmo »

Thanks

SLO your comments are very interesting!
I did not contact the club in any way, however when I answered the telephone call, I was asked if there was anything they could look at with me, because I was angry over the decision to make the SS unreserved seating.

The only way that they could have identified this was from my posting on this forum, and therefore my identity must have been obtained from this forum site (registration details)

Therefore we have in you an SLO who is unaware of how they got my details to call me!

To be honest I am now quite fed up of posters on this site calling me a moaner and the like, but I am entitled to my opinion. In any debate the wider picture needs to be taken into account, one consideration is that due to work commitments I cannot always get to the stadium well in advance of kick off time. Therefore when we are playing a smaller club and we do not attract many supporters, there a chance I could get to sit in the same area as my current seat. Different story for the big games when people turn up who only attend a small number of games, I struggle to find 3 seats together or end up right at the end or low level of the SS. Almost impossible that we would get to site together with our season ticket friends made since we moved to the Keepmoat. What loyalty are the club showing to me for having a season ticket, paying my money several months before the start of the season?

There are other factors, so please consider there is a wider picture over why I am angry about this decision.
We know we are making the right decision for us as family, only time will tell if the club have made the correct decision!

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 17, 2015, 09:51:19 am by Ian Nimmo »
Good grief, if the figure of 800 STH is correct, we have what half a dozen people on here spouting off about how they are annoyed, Not really representative of the 800 is it. It's happened get over it.

Sorry but you are assuming that all 800 STH in the SS visit this site.
As some other posters have said, many will be unaware of the change until, they get their renewal notice. Even then they may not realise the change until they go to renew.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012