Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 10:21:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ST HOLDERS DESERVE STATEMENT FROM THE CLUB  (Read 23871 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: ST HOLDERS DESERVE STATEMENT FROM THE CLUB
« Reply #60 on January 18, 2015, 08:25:28 pm by silent majority »
Yes it does and yes it has.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 18, 2015, 08:53:07 pm by Ian Nimmo »
Therefore if this causes enough problems to block this small change in the SS, surely this would also apply to East and West Stands.
Therefore all the stadium should be UNSERVED seating.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 18, 2015, 09:10:36 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Ok Martin publish it all on here! all the reports and studies from all the grounds that you and the panels have considered

Certainly for the first season this would be an idea or the top half a dozen  rows over the full length of the ss, that would NOT intefere with anybody sitting downs viewing, and cause even less disruption and allow those that want a permanent seat that option however with a caveat that next season a final decision over the whole of the South will be made.

Martin it is not just the vocal few on here that are upset none internet users are as well, some even did not know until yesterday, there is still time for a one season mark time  with the above suggestions to call a halt to this bloody shambles.

These suggestions would mean I have to move but it would still allow me my permanent seat and give time to decide options, exchange seats for some games to where would affected season ticket holders would be happier sitting.

Yet again badly thought out and implemented with no customer care, and please don't come back with how season ticket sales are up on the first day the penalties would have had a bigger bearing on that!

and considering I had no intention on posting over this over the weekend after Saturdays result!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:46:21 pm by Dagenham Rover »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 18, 2015, 09:35:41 pm by bobjimwilly »
and please don't come back with how season ticket sales are up on the first day the penalties would have had a bigger bearing on that!

how do you know that then Dagenham?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 18, 2015, 09:39:59 pm by Dagenham Rover »
and please don't come back with how season ticket sales are up on the first day the penalties would have had a bigger bearing on that!

how do you know that then Dagenham?

I obviously don't but perhaps an educated guess by the threads on here however by reverse logic you don't know the opposite is true and by just saying renewels   in the the South are up equally don't represent a true perspective at this point in time
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:43:07 pm by Dagenham Rover »

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 18, 2015, 09:49:51 pm by wesisback »
Dagenham,
I've read while not posting last couple of days. You've said a couple of times that your only issue is the lack of communication but in my opinion purely, there is a bigger issue than that buried somewhere.
You have admitted on several occasions that despite your issue with the communication you believe that the idea isn't a bad one overall.
Whether this has been successfull at other grounds or not is irrelevent to me. I don't care whether Leicester, Lancaster or Loughborough fans have had a good or bad experience in dealing with this. All I care about is sorting the abysmal home atmosphere out and Saturday cemented that in my head. Two areas in the West Stand upper and the top of the South Stand trying their best to create something yet failing because neither had enough numbers to stir the rest. It needs a complete culture change and while I agree that communication could and should have been better this must be forced through as the longer the culture exists the more it becomes embedded.
I hope you do hear from the club eventually as if this is to really take off I believe it needs everyone in the Stadiums buy in from kick off next season. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:58:08 pm by wesco1986 »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 18, 2015, 10:04:03 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Wes you have pm.s and I'll see you Tuesday, but Ryans experience at Leicester should have been able to prevent all this

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 18, 2015, 11:27:34 pm by since-1969 »
It's all about cost of Stewarding. Keeping everyone close together when crowds are low means easy to patrol / steward . I for one do not want to have on busy days arrive at 2pm just so I get a decent seat when I've paid for a seat that could end up down behind the goal. Stupid idea ment only to Solve s small problem . No season ticket more me next season? I'll pick my game from now on , away games more exciting anyway.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on January 19, 2015, 12:12:25 am by hoolahoop »
Dagenham,
I've read while not posting last couple of days. You've said a couple of times that your only issue is the lack of communication but in my opinion purely, there is a bigger issue than that buried somewhere.
You have admitted on several occasions that despite your issue with the communication you believe that the idea isn't a bad one overall.
Whether this has been successfull at other grounds or not is irrelevent to me. I don't care whether Leicester, Lancaster or Loughborough fans have had a good or bad experience in dealing with this. All I care about is sorting the abysmal home atmosphere out and Saturday cemented that in my head. Two areas in the West Stand upper and the top of the South Stand trying their best to create something yet failing because neither had enough numbers to stir the rest. It needs a complete culture change and while I agree that communication could and should have been better this must be forced through as the longer the culture exists the more it becomes embedded.
I hope you do hear from the club eventually as if this is to really take off I believe it needs everyone in the Stadiums buy in from kick off next season. 

I couldn't agree more with this post Wes. Incidentally there was an assertion that all the noise came from the NW corner well I was sat in the West stand in the centre and that was not the case .......any sound at all came equally from both stands. NW folk don't overate yourselves to further your arguments.
Really this should be the end to this or are we to have a further season cocked up by "inter- factional " disputes , buy out shite etc etc,......I just want to enjoy the football not put further pressure on the already overstretched club administration resources.
Let's kick on and enjoy the positives that the club has to offer .RTID or RTWD ??

I

courtney haddock-lately

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 19, 2015, 07:17:23 am by courtney haddock-lately »
I do agree that it will change the match the day expeirience for many. Who will now get to seats earlier instead of going to the bar.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is no change to the plans for this season, but next season they make part of the south stand reserved again.

On Saturday, it started off you could here a bit of singing from both stands. But predictably the place only completely woke up when we scored. This is the problem, goals lift the place and we need to score more at home hopefully we will Robinson score on Tuesday and the roof will come off.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 19, 2015, 08:18:51 pm by drfc1951 »
Ive just been on the Keepmoat online ticket site,it says on there that the South stand is unreserved from July.It appears to me that you can choose a seat on there,but im not 100% sure.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on January 19, 2015, 09:18:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I do agree that it will change the match the day expeirience for many. Who will now get to seats earlier instead of going to the bar.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is no change to the plans for this season, but next season they make part of the south stand reserved again.

On Saturday, it started off you could here a bit of singing from both stands. But predictably the place only completely woke up when we scored. This is the problem, goals lift the place and we need to score more at home hopefully we will Robinson score on Tuesday and the roof will come off.

The South is still  mainly reserved to the end of this season and next season becomes unreserved  its not unreserved yet.
Not sure if this is a mistake or actually thinking the South has been made unreserved already
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:21:08 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 22, 2015, 07:13:10 pm by Ian Nimmo »
This maybe why we arrived at our seats, after spending money at the bar contributing to the club, and find someone sat in our seats!

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 22, 2015, 07:24:15 pm by Ian Nimmo »
In my view a simple change could be a simple option which could rectify this total farce

Make the two centre blocks UNRESRVED and the other blocks RESERVED

This would allow people like us to be confident that we will have seats in an area where we want to sit, irrespective of what time we get to the ground.

All the STH who want to sit together can do so.

There would be no need to place partitions between South/ East and West corners.

The reserved STH can benefit from the 'increased atmosphere' which is why most of us chose to sit in the SS when KM opened.

Last but not least, the club can have my money tomorrow!

Surely there is no one who would object to the above.

Silent Majority, I notice that you have not really responded to object to the above and to be honest on one else has objected, so can this be put forward to the club?
If not why not?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 22, 2015, 07:59:30 pm by silent majority »
I didn't realise this was aimed at me.

What I can say is that this solution was considered and discussed, along with a few others. But it failed to gain any real traction or support. Opinions were canvassed from other clubs who have moved along the same lines and experience has shown that the option to do it the way the club has announced is the most successful option.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 22, 2015, 08:08:10 pm by Ian Nimmo »
So who was it considered and discussed by?
How many of the 800 existing SS STH were consulted?
Which other clubs were canvassed?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 22, 2015, 08:15:06 pm by steve@dcfd »

What I can say is that this solution was considered and discussed, along with a few others. But it failed to gain any real traction or support. Opinions were canvassed from other clubs who have moved along the same lines and experience has shown that the option to do it the way the club has announced is the most successful option.

Who were the supporters that where canvassed and how many. In the fans forum meetings it was only discussed the decision was made by the club without telling fans. This was said by BJW, who was at those meetings.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 22, 2015, 10:34:30 pm by silent majority »

Who were the supporters that where canvassed and how many. In the fans forum meetings it was only discussed the decision was made by the club without telling fans. This was said by BJW, who was at those meetings.

I didn't say supporters were canvassed.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 22, 2015, 10:37:10 pm by silent majority »

where do you get 800 SS STH from?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 22, 2015, 11:35:49 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I'm not saying nowt Ian but its only a few vocal supportors on here.............like hell it is  ;)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on January 23, 2015, 12:13:00 am by silent majority »
Oh Daggers, you can do better than that.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 23, 2015, 10:15:14 am by Dagenham Rover »
Oh Daggers, you can do better than that.

Yes I could , but that would be 34  :)

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 23, 2015, 06:59:09 pm by Ian Nimmo »

where do you get 800 SS STH from?

I was told this number when the club rang me because they understood I was upset at the changes being made.
If you know this is not the case, how many are there?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on January 23, 2015, 07:16:56 pm by silent majority »
Just over 200.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 23, 2015, 07:24:01 pm by Ian Nimmo »
SM, this means there are 3800 + in the east and west stands, are you sure this is correct because this seem very high?

How come they quoted 800 to me?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 23, 2015, 07:36:58 pm by silent majority »
I've no idea Ian, but at the time we were discussing the South Stand I asked exactly that question and that was the answer I was given by the club rep.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 23, 2015, 07:49:51 pm by Ian Nimmo »
SM it seems to me like you have been mislead with that number.
Take a look what tickets are not available on the seating plan for the Colchester game, and viewing the unavailable seats (can't imagine many will have bought tickets yet!) then I would suggest the number quoted by the club 800+ appears to be correct.

Please can you confirm this with the club and how many were consulted please?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on January 23, 2015, 08:08:14 pm by silent majority »
Ian, I can answer the second part of your question now. The 'fan panel' consisted of two season ticket holders from the South Stand, but only one was present when this part of the discussion was held.

I do intend to revist this part of the discussion, and in fairness I need to ask a few other questions too. Not just for my personal inquisitiveness but on behalf of the fan panel members too. It does seem to me that we're attracting criticism for things that were never discussed by us. On Tuesday I was harangued by certain ST holders who had been given information that hadn't been shared with me, yet for some reason they seemed to think that I had a part to play in that.

Having said that, I still stand by our decision to go totally unreserved in the SS. Every other club that has made his move and bitten the bullet on restructuring of their stadium to accommodate certain supporters has seen the benefits. We should at least try.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 23, 2015, 08:23:08 pm by Ian Nimmo »
I think this needs to be re-visited with the club as a matter of urgency, only 1 SS STH present at the discussions, not really representative is it!

What other clubs  have made full stands unreserved, and what are the benefits they have experienced?

If you give me a list I will write to them all.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 23, 2015, 08:59:01 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well I remewed today in the South but actually no phone calls from the club even though they knew I had the arse. However I did meet Ryan Tuesday evening but that was instigated by Wes.
Even though I've renewed I'm not at all happy with how its been decieded to make the whole stand reserved.
plus even more now I stand by my earlier comments that you only need to see the make up of the panel to see what the end result would be.
Only one south stand season ticket holder there when it was discussed bloody disgusting.
I wholeheartedly agree with all Ians comments.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012