Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:24:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Huge result  (Read 13842 times)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Huge result
« Reply #60 on August 30, 2015, 12:10:55 am by pib »
Pib

I don't want to discuss it with you.

Read what I write instead of what you want to think I write, then decide if your question was really necessary.

:crying:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 30, 2015, 03:52:42 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Good result against a useful and ambious smaller club, who play good football and will win against a lot of teams, Jimmy Ryan a player who i have always rated shows the ambition they have to do well.
A team that will be pushing for the top half of the table.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 30, 2015, 07:20:00 am by dickos1 »
Do people really forget that we won 1 game in 26 under sod?
A great manager for us but he was in borrowed time at the end.
People keep saying we've had 2 shocking years under dickov, but for 40 games in the championship we were good, had some great performances and great results

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 30, 2015, 08:47:58 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Do people really forget that we won 1 game in 26 under sod?
A great manager for us but he was in borrowed time at the end.
People keep saying we've had 2 shocking years under dickov, but for 40 games in the championship we were good, had some great performances and great results

Agree with you on SOD, it was awful in his last year or so.

I won't disagree that at times Dickov has had us playing decent football.  We should have stayed up but bottled it.  We should have done better last season, we didn't.  We should have more points this far than we have - we don't.  Add to that we're boring to watch.

Your consistency in supporting Paul is admirable but misplaced IMO.  Tactically he's poor (though not as poor as Fleetwood's silly style yesterday) and that is my big problem with him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 30, 2015, 09:18:27 am by dickos1 »
I'm not constantly supporting him, last year was a poor season and he could've had little complaint if sacked.
But the championship was good, were fought well above our weight for 40 games.
People forget that and keep saying he's been shite for 2 years.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 30, 2015, 09:24:26 am by DRFCSouth »
What did the final table show Dickos? 40 games did not make a season. Dickov can't be compared to SOD. A manager who had us mid table in the championship as opposed to one who is gradually dragging us down. It probably was the right time for SOD to go as anyone with that record would have been under pressure. I think SODs undoing was changing his philosophy slightly.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 30, 2015, 09:51:04 am by dickos1 »
Not comparing dickov to sod. It's incomparable.
40 games doesn't make a season but in the same breath you can't just ignore beating qpr, Leicester, Blackburn, Leeds etc etc

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 30, 2015, 09:59:16 am by The Red Baron »
Yes, we beat all those and when we needed one more win- or as it turned out one more point- there was a collective failure of nerve.

Basically Dickov failed to respond to the loss of his key midfielder - Wellens was far more influential then than now - and tailor the team to accommodate it. Although as always you can't absolve players and there were some serious individual errors made in those games.

I'm afraid playing well for 40 games - which is itself an exaggeration as we were pants in quite a lot of them- isn't good enough.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 30, 2015, 10:05:23 am by dickos1 »
From January the year before relegation, I bet we've played around 150 championship games under 3 managers. I would bet dickovs record is the best out of those 3 managers.
With easily the smallest budget

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 30, 2015, 10:13:00 am by DRFCSouth »
As overall percentages, Dickov is at 30%, Saunders 35% and SOD 36%. Without breaking it down further, that's where it's at. Considering SODs number of seasons in the championship, that's not bad.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 30, 2015, 10:18:18 am by dickos1 »
Sod was easily the best manager,
But dickov easily had the smallest budget out of the 3

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on August 30, 2015, 10:24:22 am by DRFCSouth »
Well, we will never have access to that information. It seemed to be implied during Saunders' reign that the experiment players weren't costing much. Again, no idea. SODs squad must have been on a bit considering the names in that team at the time.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 30, 2015, 10:28:20 am by Mike_F »
Back to yesterday I thought the first half was a much improved performance, showed a lot more potency going forwards and got the service in to Williams far more effectively.

Second half it looked like PD tried to go back to the system that hasn't worked so far despite the great improvement in the first 45.

That said, we've been tight at the back at home with that system so it may have been the right thing to do when sitting on a two goal lead.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 30, 2015, 11:23:46 am by IDM »
Second half I don't know if we deliberately sat back more, or had to because Fleetwood were pressing.  I doubt their previous two opponents just gifted them 4 goals each?

We stopped a team that scored 8 in 2 games, and gave them nowt.  Might not be the most entertaining game but assuming many fans may have expected a tonking yesterday, we did very well over all.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 30, 2015, 10:57:01 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Complacency set in the season we were relegated, of course just my opinion not a fact, you could tell from an interview Chris Brown gave where he intimated as much, and Dickov interviews of a similar nature.
On yesterday great result just what we needed, if Wellens is going i would urge the board to start towards building a long term team, his wages i would think would secure us two players of a good standard and younger than him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012