Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:43:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Latest Odds.  (Read 19796 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: Latest Odds.
« Reply #30 on October 05, 2015, 01:14:53 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Very interesting, and interesting comments.
Clarke had an excellent record at Huddersfield (I think it was Huddersfield anyway) almost a 50% win record which is good by anyone's standards.
Personally, I would discount what happened at Blackpool. I don't think anyone could have done much there given the circumstances.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 05, 2015, 01:17:10 pm by Move DRFC »
Clarke had an excellent record at Huddersfield (I think it was Huddersfield anyway) almost a 50% win record which is good by anyone's standards.
Personally, I would discount what happened at Blackpool. I don't think anyone could have done much there given the circumstances.

He was woeful at Birmingham and Blackpool and he's a bellend.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 05, 2015, 01:26:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Birmingham and Blackpool were both messed up poisoned chalices.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 05, 2015, 01:27:09 pm by Alan Southstand »
I hope to God its not Clarke. A good friend of mine is a Huddersfield supporter and they despised him. He has as much of a clue as PD!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 05, 2015, 01:27:22 pm by The Red Baron »
People that are close to GB, DW, TB get to hear whispers from them and it spreads from there.

I may be wrong but I think they are all very discreet characters and thus unlikely to leak what is confidential information, even unwittingly.

Agents and journalists are more likely to be the ones spreading rumours, perhaps because of what they have been told by possible candidates.

Anyway, I have a feeling in my bones that the person appointed might come as a bit of a surprise. Maybe someone who has not appeared in the betting at all. I'm sure a fair number on here will not be happy, but they won't be happy whoever is appointed!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 05, 2015, 01:30:21 pm by GazLaz »
Anyone ever heard his post match interviews? Horrific.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 05, 2015, 01:30:54 pm by The Red Baron »

Birmingham and Blackpool were both messed up poisoned chalices.

I'll give you Blackpool, but despite the ongoing problems with their owner, who is currently behind bars, Birmingham are nothing like as much of a basket case.

The off-field issues are really no different from when Clark was there and yet with a change of manager they are now play-off contenders.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 05, 2015, 01:56:50 pm by Dare to dream! »
Apparently his success at Huddersfield was more to do with his backroom staff rather than him. 

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 05, 2015, 02:16:57 pm by Dare to dream! »
People that are close to GB, DW, TB get to hear whispers from them and it spreads from there.

I may be wrong but I think they are all very discreet characters and thus unlikely to leak what is confidential information, even unwittingly.

Agents and journalists are more likely to be the ones spreading rumours, perhaps because of what they have been told by possible candidates.

Anyway, I have a feeling in my bones that the person appointed might come as a bit of a surprise. Maybe someone who has not appeared in the betting at all. I'm sure a fair number on here will not be happy, but they won't be happy whoever is appointed!

Hopefully it's my 40/1 outside shot that gets appointed!

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 05, 2015, 02:19:36 pm by RedArmy »
Lee Clark spent nearly 4 million pound at Huddersfield and he still did not get them promoted from this division. Huge disaster if he is appointed. 2 steps back.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 05, 2015, 02:21:26 pm by RedArmy »
The bookies have added SOD in there at 10/1.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 05, 2015, 02:33:45 pm by The Red Baron »
I hadn't heard old Mr Charisma himself Dave Jones being linked with the job, but he's in the betting at 8/1.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 05, 2015, 03:02:13 pm by acko »
taking a different view of things and given our poor start to the season the board might look at an appointment to please the fans which would probably be snodin or jones,why would a manager currently in a job want the rovers job right now,its not going to be the best paid job in the league.fergie is my choice out of work had success at this level and probably got good contacts.snodin yes but probably left it too late to take a full managers job now.think the bookies have it right

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 05, 2015, 03:03:09 pm by Dare to dream! »
Is there an update scheduled for today?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 05, 2015, 03:35:13 pm by Draytonian III »
What odds is Gary Megson now

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 05, 2015, 03:36:32 pm by RedArmy »

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 05, 2015, 03:47:04 pm by Ronnie Dovers »
Anyone ever heard his post match interviews? Horrific.

Exactly, he always looks like he's struggling to put together a sentence. Now imagine that vacant face sat in front of a group of intelligent, successful businessmen asking him complex questions. Surely not...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 05, 2015, 03:54:15 pm by GazLaz »
He's 1/2 now with Victor Chandler. If they appoint this clown it shows how little the people running the club know about football.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 05, 2015, 03:56:39 pm by Dare to dream! »
I really can't see the board appointing him. A few journalists have mentioned Clarks name which is why the odds have dropped so low.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 05, 2015, 04:01:49 pm by roversdude »
Work with some Huddersfield fans too - they do not have a good word for him either

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 05, 2015, 04:08:08 pm by the vicar »
Surly if the bookies knew anything then the favourite few would not change every other day

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 05, 2015, 04:45:48 pm by les@donr »
I'm sure the Board have told all serious candidates that the interview process is to be done in the strictest confidence. I bet they have also been warned if any breach the confidence, then they will be dropped from consideration. They all might have signed a confidential clause.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 05, 2015, 04:57:51 pm by acko »
whoever they choose this week would have been a good time to start.no game saturday time to get to know the players and instill his ideas.gone on far too long now.its ok people on here saying its good to take time to get the right one but if they take years only time doing the job will tell if its the right one or not

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 05, 2015, 04:59:29 pm by Prez »
He was only a success at Huddersfield because he had Jordon Rhodes.

Would really be gutted if he got the job.

RoversAreRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 05, 2015, 05:22:27 pm by RoversAreRed »
We should get a vote like we do with the kits. Make ST holders and members go vote in person, a sort of ask the audience for the board seen as though they're so clueless.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 05, 2015, 05:23:20 pm by wilts rover »
whoever they choose this week would have been a good time to start.no game saturday time to get to know the players and instill his ideas.gone on far too long now.its ok people on here saying its good to take time to get the right one but if they take years only time doing the job will tell if its the right one or not

As you stopped supporting us at the end of last season, you can be forgiven for not knowing that we have a game tomorrow. Which would make it pretty pointless appointing someone today.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 05, 2015, 05:41:02 pm by acko »
wilts i hadnt forgot but would you be happy winning that trophy and getting relegated,or losing at york and getting up the league

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 05, 2015, 05:51:57 pm by graingrover »
  well he joined them so must be a teeny weeny bit stupid no?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 05, 2015, 05:52:57 pm by the vicar »
Winning the cup any cup gets you good money in to spend on players

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 05, 2015, 06:00:04 pm by PDX_Rover »
Lee Clark would be an atrocious appointment. Pisshead.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012