Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:29:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Latest Odds.  (Read 19795 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Latest Odds.
« Reply #90 on October 05, 2015, 11:03:38 pm by BobG »
I was just going to say we had a very well known blabber mouth on the Board last time around didn't we? Different gravy this time.

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on October 05, 2015, 11:04:19 pm by karldew »
A reply from SkyBet on Twitter;

"Hi, currently betting is suspended. We may re-open tomorrow depending on the outcome of #DRFC's scheduled announcement tomorrow"

With Rovers official account replying to SkyBet;

"@SkyBet that's a shame. We were going to stick a tenner on Klopp #DonKloppsterRovers !"

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on October 05, 2015, 11:16:43 pm by Copps is Magic »
I'm still dreaming of getting someone who actually has a footballing philosophy like McDermott or Smith (or SOD). Don't know how unrealistic I'm being though - probably all 3 aren't even interested.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on October 05, 2015, 11:40:19 pm by Lesonthewest »
I'm still dreaming of getting someone who actually has a footballing philosophy like McDermott or Smith (or SOD). Don't know how unrealistic I'm being though - probably all 3 aren't even interested.

Think you may get your wish of McDermott coming Copps, not Brian but Terry, think he is normally Clark's right hand man  :suicide:

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on October 05, 2015, 11:41:12 pm by Akinfenwa »
Lee Clark, one of the few people I could think of who'd be a worse appointment than Dickov. If it's taken a month to get to this, then that's quite something.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on October 05, 2015, 11:47:59 pm by PDX_Rover »
Can't be. Imagine interviewing him. Ms. Dynamite-eeeee.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on October 06, 2015, 07:02:40 am by The Red Baron »
A reply from SkyBet on Twitter;

"Hi, currently betting is suspended. We may re-open tomorrow depending on the outcome of #DRFC's scheduled announcement tomorrow"

With Rovers official account replying to SkyBet;

"@SkyBet that's a shame. We were going to stick a tenner on Klopp #DonKloppsterRovers !"

What "scheduled announcement"? I'd be very surprised if Rovers announced anything on the day of a game.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on October 06, 2015, 07:20:50 am by mushRTID »
I'm not saying everybody wants Ferguson, but for as long as I can remember, he seems to be someone that the majority of fans accept as a decent appointment. A chance to get some good feeling back into the support.

But Lee Clark?

I really hope the bookies have this wrong. Wait a month for Lee Clark??

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on October 06, 2015, 07:24:22 am by keith79 »
Some people would rather have Clark than sod. Time to accept that's the best we can get

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on October 06, 2015, 09:17:43 am by Donnywolf »
Mr D Ferguson seems to be being talked about too

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on October 06, 2015, 09:13:39 pm by LincsRover »
Looking slightly more reassuring after the previous 1/6 for Clark:

4/7 - Lee Clark
6/4 - Neil Redfearn
9/2 - Rob Jones
9/2 - Ferguson

Think RJ may be out of running after tonight (?) so out of the other 3 I'd settle for anyone but Lee Clark!!

:s
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:16:04 pm by LincsRover »

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on October 06, 2015, 09:20:51 pm by essexrover »
So after all this time, its turned from who is the best man for the job, to who is the least worse  :(  :pinch:  :mad:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on October 07, 2015, 12:16:34 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Jaap Stam, Fresh ideas, learnt at the best club going on how to coach, Ajax, Not beyond us won't get a job in the premier league or championship.
Said he wants to manage a team in England, will start lower down just like Hasselbaink, He could be good for us, or not, it would be risky, We need a fresh approach.

Brian McDermott, It depends if he wants to leave Arsenal, I suspect no on that, And the funds he would expect he wouldn't get
As well as developing the youth, His teams play good football, but adapt if things aren't going well.

Sean O'Driscoll, Many things have been said, Good and bad, He gave us a good few years of great football and a pride in our team that i haven't known before or since.
When he was here before the youth system was nowhere near as good as now, he had problems keeping fringe players fit because of no reserve side.

He did well with most of the signings when he first joined, Decided in the later years that he would have 'Quality over Quantity'
But these players were injured, the list of players in the physio room was terrible.
He ended up plugging the gaps with players not good enough, and inevitable happened, the results stopped, He found it hard to get the players he had drummed the quality football into, to grind results out.

I do think there is the chance to do well at the club, if the board are prepared to build another team, then add here and there once completed.
Sean would have better youth players to pick from, His contacts for loans especially the young players he has coached will have increased, for me the number one candidate, It's not nostalgia!.
I look at the other candidates, either unattainable or unsuitable, He knows the club, Knows the board, And what's needed.

One who hasn't been mentioned Pierre Van Hoolijdonk, Currently a pundit in Holland, I have no idea if he is looking to be a manager, It just wouldn't surprise me if it's a candidate nobody has considered.

Paul Tisdale, Done a decent job at Exeter, Over quite a few years, A club with very little money, But he get's the best from what he has, Has taken them on a cup run or two, And his side's play good football.

On Lee Clark, Led Huddersfield on a run where they very rarely lost a game, Seemed to clash with the chairman, So was shown the door.
Joined Birmingham, Under a transfer embargo, Multiple problems at the club, He managed to keep them up at our expense, Luck seemed to be on his side that season, But you can't argue he did the job expected of him.
Was sacked then joined Blackpool, 'A Total mess of a club', It didn't work out, And got the sack.

The manager who Clark replaced at Blackpool, Jose Riga could be an option, was treated badly at Blackpool and Charlton, And was doing a decent job in the circumstances.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on October 07, 2015, 12:27:20 am by RedJ »
Pierre van Hooijdonk hahahahaha you're just pulling names out the air now.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on October 07, 2015, 01:28:43 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Pierre van Hooijdonk hahahahaha you're just pulling names out the air now.

Red, I haven't said he will be one of the candidates, just that it might be somebody like him, we didn't even think of.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on October 07, 2015, 01:51:55 am by Canadian Rover »
I find it strange that neither Brian Deane or Steve Nicol are even posted with odds...even if they were long.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on October 08, 2015, 12:16:21 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I find it strange that neither Brian Deane or Steve Nicol are even posted with odds...even if they were long.

Same here, Especially Deane.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on October 10, 2015, 10:41:18 pm by Lesonthewest »
Just seen one where Ferguson is favourite at 10/11 with Clark at 11/8. Evans has shortened a bit too. Has Gary Brabin always been in the betting, that would be fun.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on October 10, 2015, 10:49:24 pm by Canadian Rover »
I reckon we should poach Redfern from the Millers....sure we'd have to pay ridiculous compensation but it'd be great just to remind them we are a much bigger and better club and town.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012