Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:25:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So then board lovers??  (Read 29959 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: So then board lovers??
« Reply #180 on March 08, 2016, 09:46:30 pm by hoolahoop »
Hoola we were relegated by an injury time goal in the final match of the season. From a position where we looked safe with 10 matches to go - and over which much angst has been expressed on here many times since.

Yes it is a wonder we were relegated in 2014 - we should have stayed up.

Had we invested that year we would never have been near to that risk at all . As it is we paid our players less than in the previous Div.1 season. Sorry that is a fact and you would have thought there would have been an increase in players wages given the huge gap between the 2 Divisions. Fact is our players ran out of steam in fact we had even less in terms of numbers. Is it any wonder that we ended up struggling on the back of sustainability.

Whilst we were pulling back in terms of player investment Bournemouth increased theirs substantially . No wonder they are going to survive in their first season in the Prem. whilst we spiral out of control into Div.2 is there ?

FFP/ Sustainability seems like few successful clubs worry about this. Our owners see this club as a bit of a past-time I think otherwise with their assets and good Personnel recruitment they too would/might have benefited from the riches that the Premiership can provide.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on March 08, 2016, 09:47:47 pm by drfc1951 »
Are the players aware of this police investigation?Makes me wonder with the performances over the last 3 months.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on March 08, 2016, 09:50:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hoola we were relegated by an injury time goal in the final match of the season. From a position where we looked safe with 10 matches to go - and over which much angst has been expressed on here many times since.

Had we invested that year we would never have been near to that risk at all . As it is we paid our players less than in the previous Div.1 season. Sorry that is a fact and you would have thought there would have been an increase in players wages given the huge gap between the 2 Divisions. Fact is our players ran out of steam in fact we had even less in terms of numbers. Is it any wonder that we ended up struggling on the back of sustainability.

Whilst we were pulling back in terms of player investment Bournemouth increased theirs substantially . No wonder they are going to survive in their first season in the Prem. whilst we spiral out of control into Div.2 is there ?

FFP/ Sustainability seems like few successful clubs worry about this. Our owners see this club as a bit of a past-time I think otherwise with their assets and good Personnel recruitment they too would/might have benefited from the riches that the Premiership can provide.

I've raised this point before. I think someone made the point that the League 1 season was after The Experiment and some of the costs of that debacle bleed over following our relegation.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on March 08, 2016, 09:53:28 pm by idler »

But we could have ended up like Bolton or with Leeds or Forests debt.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on March 08, 2016, 09:58:08 pm by wilts rover »
There was also the take over debacle which lasted until September and left us with a paper thin squad until January. Whatever the wage bill we should have stayed up that season.

Bournmouth maybe have increased their sustainability. Have Forest or Derby? Or Bristol City? Charlton or Bolton maybe they have too? It's easy when its not your money.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on March 08, 2016, 10:19:54 pm by The Red Baron »
Are the players aware of this police investigation?Makes me wonder with the performances over the last 3 months.

If that was the case and it was something that threatened the future of the club you wouldn't expect players to be offered new contracts or the players to agree them.

Not to say there isn't something wrong, mind you. A collapse of this magnitude points to a complete loss of morale.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on March 09, 2016, 07:09:14 pm by the vicar »
Yes of course. But its not new owners we need.

I maybe critical of the owners but I've not suggested they sell up.

I didn't say you did. The point I made is we should be looking at replacing someone else.
Who would you replace him with, another puppet

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on March 09, 2016, 07:13:10 pm by the vicar »

I didn't say you did. The point I made is we should be looking at replacing someone else.
I'd be interested to hear someone from the board speak out as to why they think we are in this position. After all they said pre season promotion was the aim. They've failed.
They probably meant from league 2 in a few years time

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on March 09, 2016, 07:19:04 pm by the vicar »

I'd be interested to hear someone from the board speak out as to why they think we are in this position. After all they said pre season promotion was the aim. They've failed.
They probably meant from league 2 in a few years time
My guess - as Chair he runs the Board doesn't he? regardless of what anyone else wants to do it's he that kiboshes it or gives it the thumbs up isn't it?

That's certainly the way things used to be under JR - don't think that'd change if that's what the role entails.
All chairmen of football clubs take charge of there clubs, some have a puppet with someones hand up his arse like ours   

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on March 09, 2016, 07:35:15 pm by graingrover »
Rovers have helped Belles with everything they have asked for . Belles are owned by no one and are not an incorporated organisation They   are e very generously financed by the Lygo family and BPP University and this extends to paying 9 full professionals and to the development of a state of the art training camp of their own. 
    They have generous terms  from  Rovers for the use of the Keepmoat ( recently extended for two more seasons ) For the rest ....  maybe they do  not want to be a female shadow of a men's football club like Man City  and Arsenal have become ... You know 'girl power' and all that   I know enough about the relationship to say categorically that you cannot reproach Rovers for not helping Belles and we  have to accept that the financial sponsors of Belles may just wish to bask in the glory of their considerable financial commitments now the club is back in the top flight .
  My view is they are wrong ... very wrong, not to lend full support to the excellent work Club Doncaster is undertaking in the Community .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012