Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:07:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The board and press  (Read 19243 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: The board and press
« Reply #30 on April 06, 2016, 04:22:34 pm by graingrover »
As a lifelong supporter ... I blame the forum lol !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 06, 2016, 04:38:52 pm by graingrover »
yes Mr Frost ... apparently the world is coming to an end !

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 06, 2016, 04:50:10 pm by silent majority »
Wow Lifelong! At last a post that I can agree with. Maybe not all of it, but certainly a good portion.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 06, 2016, 04:54:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm all for the club releasing a statement.

It's been all of 48 hours since the club last did owt that we could have a whine-fest about. They are letting the fans down.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 06, 2016, 05:08:28 pm by Copps is Magic »
In the same circumstances, some clubs might release a statement right now to 'whip up' the fans and get them into a frenzy

I've honestly just laughed quite hard at that.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 06, 2016, 05:10:06 pm by raggytash »
Let's get one thing straight about the board especially blunt.... There worth in excess of 700 million yet refused to pay 10 k to Ilkeston for a highly rated young lad who's attracting interest from clubs a lot higher than us.....it's things like this what really get my bk up then you see brown nose Baldwin in Thailand on a jolley promoting piss poor shirts..... No doubt funded by drfc... Priorities all wrong and run by idiots

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 06, 2016, 05:18:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
There worth in excess of 700 million yet refused to pay 10 k to Ilkeston for a highly rated young lad who's attracting interest from clubs a lot higher than us

Have any of these other clubs that are 'apparently' (lots of usage of that word in this thread already!) lining up for him shelled out yet?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 06, 2016, 05:26:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Apparently not.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 06, 2016, 05:50:37 pm by rtid88 »
Let's get one thing straight about the board especially blunt.... There worth in excess of 700 million yet refused to pay 10 k to Ilkeston for a highly rated young lad who's attracting interest from clubs a lot higher than us.....it's things like this what really get my bk up then you see brown nose Baldwin in Thailand on a jolley promoting piss poor shirts..... No doubt funded by drfc... Priorities all wrong and run by idiots
Weren't Ilkeston wanting £500k+ for their unproved defender? Once again Raggytash ur talking utter tosh!! Raggytash the board invest £3million a year into the club for which I am very grateful and happy that our club is able to keep running because of them! This isn't bloody football manager and pretend money, that is a stupidly large amount of money for any1 to invest without any thanks from the fans or anything in return! Who do you honestly think is going to buy a club that is about to be relegated to the 4th tier of the football league?? U really need to stop living in dream world!!

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 06, 2016, 06:14:39 pm by raggytash »
Wtf are talking about?? 500k lmao it was 10 grand up front! Which we baulked at! You clearly know nothing and since when the results business disappear... Championship to league 2 in no time... Run by idiots who love the idiots like yourself who idolise them.... Tell me one thing theve done good for drfc in last 4 year????

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 06, 2016, 06:18:12 pm by podrover73 »
Wtf are talking about?? 500k lmao it was 10 grand up front! Which we baulked at! You clearly know nothing and since when the results business disappear... Championship to league 2 in no time... Run by idiots who love the idiots like yourself who idolise them.... Tell me one thing theve done good for drfc in last 4 year????
Kept the club afloat

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 06, 2016, 06:18:57 pm by NickDRFC »
Much as I agree with the sentiments, rtid88, people need to stop saying it's £3m a year. In the most recent accounts for the 13/14 season, it was £1.2m between TB & DW, and I'd expect that amount to be similar in the next accounts released.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 06, 2016, 06:19:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Wtf are talking about?? 500k lmao it was 10 grand up front! Which we baulked at! You clearly know nothing

Presumably then, all the other clubs who have baulked at spending cash on this wonderkind know nothing either. That's the only inference that can be placed on what you're saying. And that you're saying you know better than them too.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 06, 2016, 06:20:59 pm by rtid88 »
It wasn't £10k but I will let u continue to live in ur little fantasy world! What have they done in the last 4 years..... Hmmmm how about give approx £12million of their money to run the club to support the club whilst twonks like you criticise them for not doing enough and ruining your club!! What have you done For DRFC in the last 4 years except spout ur utter shite on here??

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 06, 2016, 06:43:10 pm by rtid88 »
Much as I agree with the sentiments, rtid88, people need to stop saying it's £3m a year. In the most recent accounts for the 13/14 season, it was £1.2m between TB & DW, and I'd expect that amount to be similar in the next accounts released.
Does that £1.3million include any money that JR would have contributed as well? Even if that is the figure for the past 4 years that is still near enough £6million hardly small change

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 06, 2016, 06:55:15 pm by MrFrost »
Does that £1.3million include any money that JR would have contributed as well? Even if that is the figure for the past 4 years that is still near enough £6million hardly small change

Like I've said before, as a percentage to their wealth it's small fry. They'll more than recoup that elsewhere each year.

They're keeping the club ticking over, nothing more. We can't expect to succeed while we are content with that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 06, 2016, 07:02:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
We can't expect to succeed while ever our owners are subsidising the club to the tune of £1-2m than the club can earn itself, eh?

What does that tell you?

Me, if I were the KM2, I'd sign the f**king club over to Frosty and Raggy and wish them good luck.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 06, 2016, 07:07:54 pm by rtid88 »
I agree BST clearly running a football club is an easy thing to do so I'm sure The Frosts and Raggytash can be incredibly successful!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 06, 2016, 07:08:34 pm by Copps is Magic »
I agree with Frosty. Bramall should put 5% of his wealth into the club each year.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 06, 2016, 07:09:56 pm by Yorkiered »

Strange isn't it that all these people who supposedly know more than the rest of us still think that it is £3m a year!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:15:24 pm by Yorkiered »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 06, 2016, 07:14:36 pm by MrFrost »

Strange isn't it that all these people who supposedly know more than the rest of us still think that it is £3m a year!

It could be a fiver a year and they'd still think they were gods

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 06, 2016, 07:29:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The level of rank stupidity shown on this forum whenever we get onto this topic (read "every f**king day") is thoroughly depressing. Utter inability to actually LISTEN to what other people say and instead stay on the treadmill of the same f**king whine, over and over and f**king over again.

Frosty. For the millionth time. It's not about seeing no wrong in these owners. It's about seeing no f**king alternative.

You whine and whine and f**king whine about the owners not putting enough money into the club. As though it's bleeding obvious that they should pump in just as much as YOU think suitable. You whine about the "fact" that they are not prepared to sell the club to someone with more ambition. Despite the fact that they were prepared to listen to f**king harebrained ideas from Ryan for two consecutive summers.

What exactly IS your gripe? What precisely DO you want them to do?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 06, 2016, 07:33:34 pm by Copps is Magic »
I want to see Bramall put 5% of his wealth into the club each year, get a little tin drum and come join us in the Black Bank. Oh and bring back the vikettes, those one call girls are nothing. Is it a coincide that we turned shit when the vikettes lefts the club, I think not. The one call girls are just keeping us ticking along.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 06, 2016, 07:38:04 pm by idler »
Maybe when they have a manager that earns their trust to actually spend wisely they might spend more.
Would you have trusted PD with millions?
Would you trust DF with millions on what we have seen so far?
Obviously the millions would include wages and signing on fees rather than huge transfer fees.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 06, 2016, 07:40:48 pm by Copps is Magic »
The one call girls don't even dance. That's how far we've dropped.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:42:54 pm by Copps is Magic »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 06, 2016, 07:52:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Aye there's a definite decline in standards. We used to be graced with the Vikettes, now were disgraced with BST's Tourettes.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 06, 2016, 07:56:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Like I've said before, as a percentage to their wealth it's small fry. They'll more than recoup that elsewhere each year.

They're keeping the club ticking over, nothing more. We can't expect to succeed while we are content with that.

That is not for you to determine. How do you know they have that available 'cash' to inject? Do you have access to their bank accounts? No, it's what you assume.

Tell me, when JR went through the takeover and remarked about proof of funding he said he had "assets" meaning he had wealth tied up. Why is it ok for JR to have money tied up in investments/assetts but it's not ok for the KM2?

The only thing you can possibly know about their finances is what they put in. Don't pretend to know anything else about their wealth.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 06, 2016, 07:57:50 pm by raggytash »
Considering I run my own business employing 8 people I can categorically say I'd do a better job than the current board.. I started with barely nothing, bit of hard work and a few contacts and hey presto success... Well it's been decent last few year.... Considering the wealth, business acumen and contacts within the board it's clear to all there's a hidden agenda as to why the clubs on its arse and the futures far from bright...silence is not good and the complete bullshit they repeat over and over again is boring... They need to sell up or at least attempt to... The unwillingness to even put the club on the market clearly shows there's more going off.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 06, 2016, 08:01:03 pm by MrFrost »
The level of rank stupidity shown on this forum whenever we get onto this topic (read "every f**king day") is thoroughly depressing. Utter inability to actually LISTEN to what other people say and instead stay on the treadmill of the same f**king whine, over and over and f**king over again.

Frosty. For the millionth time. It's not about seeing no wrong in these owners. It's about seeing no f**king alternative.

You whine and whine and f**king whine about the owners not putting enough money into the club. As though it's bleeding obvious that they should pump in just as much as YOU think suitable. You whine about the "fact" that they are not prepared to sell the club to someone with more ambition. Despite the fact that they were prepared to listen to f**king harebrained ideas from Ryan for two consecutive summers.

What exactly IS your gripe? What precisely DO you want them to do?

Not turn down investment for a start

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 06, 2016, 08:01:33 pm by podrover73 »
Considering I run my own business employing 8 people I can categorically say I'd do a better job than the current board.. I started with barely nothing, bit of hard work and a few contacts and hey presto success... Well it's been decent last few year.... Considering the wealth, business acumen and contacts within the board it's clear to all there's a hidden agenda as to why the clubs on its arse and the futures far from bright...silence is not good and the complete bullshit they repeat over and over again is boring... They need to sell up or at least attempt to... The unwillingness to even put the club on the market clearly shows there's more going off.
As you are successful in running a business maybe you should try to get on the board yourself, after all a bit of hard work and a few contacts , you will have us rising up the table.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012