Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:18:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The board and press  (Read 19266 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
The board and press
« on April 06, 2016, 12:44:50 pm by MrFrost »
Apparently the Free Press have been trying to get a statement from the board or CEO for months but they are declining to speak to the media.

I know some will believe this means nothing, but at a time when a lot of supporters are rightly disgruntled you'd have thought they may want to try and reassure and fan the flames somewhat.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
Re: The board and press
« Reply #1 on April 06, 2016, 12:46:13 pm by CrippyCooke »
Might as well wait until our fate is confirmed.

I'd like to think they're as pissed off with Ferguson and the players as we are.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 06, 2016, 12:47:13 pm by Copps is Magic »
Might as well wait until our fate is confirmed.

I'd like to think they're as pissed off with Ferguson and the players as we are.

Agreed. What they going to say until our fate is confirmed either way?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 06, 2016, 12:57:19 pm by The Red Baron »
Strange then that the CEO had an article printed by the DFP only a couple of weeks ago. I seem to recall it was slated for not saying anything much.

Damned if you do...

PS. He got the points target spot on as well. Shame we've only managed one of the 15 and now need 14 from 18.

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=256626.0
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:21:43 pm by The Red Baron »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 06, 2016, 12:58:00 pm by MrFrost »
We will probably get the usual sound bites about going for promotion next season.
How long before people start to see through it as just lip service

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 06, 2016, 01:00:31 pm by CrippyCooke »
We will probably get the usual sound bites about going for promotion next season.

So you want a statement but you don't want a statement?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 06, 2016, 01:01:30 pm by MrFrost »

So you want a statement but you don't want a statement?

It's easy to give the usual sound bites is all I'm saying

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 06, 2016, 01:05:55 pm by The Red Baron »
Sadly I think I know the statement that Mr Frost wants to hear.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 06, 2016, 01:44:33 pm by rtid88 »
Mr Frost is the epitome of negativity!! Wouldn't be happy with Messi up front and Pep as manager with Holly Willoughby naked on his bedroom floor!!

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 06, 2016, 01:53:21 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Right a question. If YOU were the CEO of DRFC
then would you say anything at all, and if so what?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 06, 2016, 01:57:07 pm by NickDRFC »
Mr Frost is the epitome of negativity!! Wouldn't be happy with Messi up front and Pep as manager with Holly Willoughby naked on his bedroom floor!!

Messi's not as good as Ronaldo, and anyway I doubt he could do it on a wet and windy Wednesday at Newport County.

Pep's done well with Barca and Bayern but they were already established as top clubs, he's had had money to spend, and anyway, Bayern haven't won the Champs League since he took over so he's taken them backwards.

Holly Willoughby's had 3 kids and she's 35 so might not be in the best shape (either fitness-wise or down there).

Plenty to be negative about ;) !

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 06, 2016, 02:06:34 pm by drfchound »
Regarding point three Nick, you must really be very fussy.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 06, 2016, 02:15:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I think he's imagining that point three would be like throwing a bar of soap down high street. Maybe his concern is made worse because he's only got one of them small bars like you get in hotels.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 06, 2016, 02:17:15 pm by donnyallday »
After 3 kids and being 35 i bet her vagina resembles the size of a Clowns pocket, most do.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 06, 2016, 02:28:22 pm by raggytash »
These conmen including Baldwin need to be ousted ASAP.... Everything is done on a shoestring, there's no leadership, no ambition, no interest, no respect for the supporters and worse of all it's obvious!! Until the fans rise up these conmen will remain until they achieve there ultimate goal of us going into the wilderness... Can't the powers be in the vsc issue a vote of no confidence in Baldwin or the board?? Even though itd hold little importance it'd gain coverage in the local press etc and put a straightener out to them that we are all bamboozled at what there upto

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 06, 2016, 02:38:15 pm by rtid88 »
These conmen including Baldwin need to be ousted ASAP.... Everything is done on a shoestring, there's no leadership, no ambition, no interest, no respect for the supporters and worse of all it's obvious!! Until the fans rise up these conmen will remain until they achieve there ultimate goal of us going into the wilderness... Can't the powers be in the vsc issue a vote of no confidence in Baldwin or the board?? Even though itd hold little importance it'd gain coverage in the local press etc and put a straightener out to them that we are all bamboozled at what there upto
What utter tosh!!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 06, 2016, 02:46:15 pm by NickDRFC »

A vote of no confidence is done when there is a widespread belief (at least among the majority) that the those in a position of responsibility are not fit to continue in their role(s).

Firstly, I don't think you could apply it to the owners or even the board of a football club.

Secondly, I don't think the thoughts of you, a couple of other posters and the Frost family represent a widespread belief amongst Rovers football fans.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 06, 2016, 02:48:39 pm by MrFrost »

A vote of no confidence is done when there is a widespread belief (at least among the majority) that the those in a position of responsibility are not fit to continue in their role(s).

Firstly, I don't think you could apply it to the owners or even the board of a football club.

Secondly, I don't think the thoughts of you, a couple of other posters and the Frost family represent a widespread belief amongst Rovers football fans.

You'd be surprised what people think.

I know of plenty alienated fans you feel driven away from the actions of the last few years.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 06, 2016, 02:54:15 pm by Nudga »
My wife is 36 and we've got three kids. Although it looks like a donkey yawning, it's still a snug fit. Maybe that's says more about me than her.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 06, 2016, 02:56:53 pm by Sad-Rovers »
My wife is 36 and we've got three kids. Although it looks like a donkey yawning, it's still a snug fit. Maybe that's says more about me than her.

We won't believe you without pics...

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 06, 2016, 02:59:35 pm by NickDRFC »
Mr Frost - and it's all to do with the board, with no link to what's happening on the pitch?

I don't think the board are perfect, but they're what we've got.

Do I wish they'd spend more money? Yes. Do I think that spending a bit more out of their own pockets would make us unsustainable? No, not at the level I'd like to see it spent. Do I begrudge them not spending it? No, it's their money, and whilst they're plugging a shortfall and ensuring our existence who are we to ask for any more?

Besides which, I think it's exaggerated how little we have/spend. Clearly there are funds there to be used (of which there are numerous examples - 1. The players brought in in Dickov's January in the championship; 2. players who came in this summer either coveted in our league, or from the league above; 3. Ferguson saying he had money available in January but choosing not to spend it).

Equally, if there was someone interested in buying the club, and the owners thought it for the best, I'm sure they'd sell. In fact I know they would. Unfortunately there aren't people queueing up to buy football clubs.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 06, 2016, 03:02:20 pm by MrFrost »
Mr Frost - and it's all to do with the board, with no link to what's happening on the pitch?

Do I wish they'd spend more money? Yes. Do I think that spending a bit more out of their own pockets would make us unsustainable? No, not at the level I'd like to see it spent. Do I begrudge them not spending it? No, it's their money, and whilst they're plugging a shortfall and ensuring our existence who are we to ask for any more?

Besides which, I think it's exaggerated how little we have/spend. Clearly there are funds there to be used (of which there are numerous examples - 1. The players brought in in Dickov's January in the championship; 2. players who came in this summer either coveted in our league, or from the league above; 3. Ferguson saying he had money available in January but choosing not to spend it).

Equally, if there was someone interested in buying the club, and the owners thought it for the best, I'm sure they'd sell. In fact I know they would. Unfortunately there aren't people queueing up to buy football clubs.

When the board (apparently) turns down investment, I think questions should be asked.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 06, 2016, 03:05:57 pm by silent majority »

When the board (apparently) turns down investment, I think questions should be asked.

OK you've intrigued me. What investment have they turned down?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 06, 2016, 03:12:24 pm by MrFrost »

OK you've intrigued me. What investment have they turned down?

I've mentioned it in numerous threads. It was about 15 months ago.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 06, 2016, 03:16:49 pm by NickDRFC »
Unless I've missed specifics, you've mentioned it anecdotally. They were willing to sell to JR weren't they?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 06, 2016, 03:30:15 pm by Nudga »

We won't believe you without pics...

I would but I don't know how to upload pictures on here.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 06, 2016, 03:39:00 pm by raggytash »
In a nutshell the board and Baldwin are taking every club there involved in into oblivion.... Anyone who can say there not is deluded... The facts are there for us all to see...

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 06, 2016, 03:52:16 pm by podrover73 »

I know of plenty alienated fans you feel driven away from the actions of the last few years.
Mr Frost / Raggytash you are on here all the time spouting your negativity and wonder what the board would say blah blah.

Why don't you write to the club/ the board and see what reply you get , why don't you approach Gavin Baldwin he makes himself available at all home matches I see him walking around the stadium or in the bar .

Why don't you attend the meet the owners event to put  your thoughts forward.

You seem to think there is some sort of conspiracy here to take us out of business , do you think they gathered the players around and said play shit for the next fifteen games to ensure we are relegated?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 06, 2016, 04:08:20 pm by rtid88 »

Do you think the likes of Abramovich and The Glazers are willing to sit down in a Meet The Owners type event as ours do?? Yes The Experiment was a mistake but that was JR's scheme, Yes Dickov was a mistake but again this was JR's appointment, the only thing I can see that the board have done wrong is to give Dickov too long and to appoint Fergie and to have not sacked him earlier! What do you expect them to do, football in the modern world is not the family run sports club that it used to be and I'm sure many if not most club are far more detached from their owners/board than what we are! The rumours and conspiracy theories that this board is ridden with are never substantiated and so imo are complete and utter drivel!!

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 06, 2016, 04:15:52 pm by Lifelong supporter »
I don't expect Fergie to go before the end of the season but it would be good to make a fresh start in League 2 next season with a new manager and new chairman.
I don't necessarily blame the KM2.
Don't think TB is all that bothered about watching but he puts his money in and DW isn't a well man.
But I don't think the anonymous Blunt has contributed much financially and, from what I've heard, he hasn't formed good relationships with some of the top staff at the club.
Maybe it's time for Andrew Watson to step up to the plate and work with the CEO and new manager to improve fortunes on the pitch and off it - especially when it comes to PR.
People who work down there say it's not been the same in that department since Steve Uttley was edged out and apparently the local papers were banned from speaking to the manager and players at the start of the season, until Baldwin and Dickov sorted it out,  which is a crazy state of affairs.
The club can't afford to fall out with anyone the way things are going and need everyone on board - fans and media included - when we kick off again next season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012