Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:29:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Released list  (Read 16913 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: Released list
« Reply #30 on May 17, 2016, 03:36:19 pm by jonnydog »
None of the list is surprising, though I still don't think Stuckman has done anything wrong to warrant going, but then again it is all a question of the pennies isn't it!?

Looking at the remainder of the team, even if we only move a couple on (and I fail to see how Tyson, Main, and Chaplow to name 3 wouldn't get new clubs!!), then we still have a core team that should easily be able to push for a top 6 finish. I appreciate that we went on a run that we did however, when you consider how we beat both Wigan and Coventry at the end then it more or less proves they can do a job in Division 4. If Williams can get his confidence back in front of goal then I also expect him to get quite a few goals next season.

In my opinion, when you start looking at rebuilding a team, it has to be done over more than one season, cos you need a core team. We have that with who is staying, so it shouldn't be a massive problem to add a few more players in to the mix to what DF is wanting. ATS might even shine... stranger things have happened!

... Even Dany N'Guessans could be quite a player in Division 4 if he stays (and his toe ever heals)!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 17, 2016, 03:44:15 pm by DonnyOsmond »
No news on McCullough either? Isn't he also out of contract?

Contracted till 2017.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 17, 2016, 03:49:12 pm by Rovers91 »
Not bothered about any of them lot going.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 17, 2016, 03:56:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's all good news from me.  There's not really any of them I'd be bothered about keeping and I'm sure most can and will leave.

Makes good headroom in the squad too.  I would suggest that we've a good basis there to start from and it's what we need to do, I'm happy with Ferguson doing that.

Clearly Ferguson is staying so he has to build the squad he wants.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 17, 2016, 04:12:59 pm by wing commander »
   Is that the end of it ?? tbh I expected the list to be a lot longer than that...I hope some of them not listed are available...I would have put money on Stewart,Williams and Evina to have been on that list....

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 17, 2016, 04:14:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
   Is that the end of it ?? tbh I expected the list to be a lot longer than that...I hope some of them not listed are available...I would have put money on Stewart,Williams and Evina to have been on that list....

Stewart isn't ours. He was on loan and will return to Ipswich.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 17, 2016, 04:17:34 pm by wing commander »
   I was mistaken then,i though we had taken over his contract from Ipswich....Does that mean all the other contracted players have accepted the relegation clause I wonder??

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 17, 2016, 04:22:20 pm by wing commander »
   Oldham fans have seen we have listed Main and are presuming we want a fee....Quick ring them up and tell them that seen as though its them and we like them as a special favour we will waive it ;-)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 17, 2016, 04:32:20 pm by the vicar »
None of the list is surprising, though I still don't think Stuckman has done anything wrong to warrant going, but then again it is all a question of the pennies isn't it!?

Looking at the remainder of the team, even if we only move a couple on (and I fail to see how Tyson, Main, and Chaplow to name 3 wouldn't get new clubs!!), then we still have a core team that should easily be able to push for a top 6 finish. I appreciate that we went on a run that we did however, when you consider how we beat both Wigan and Coventry at the end then it more or less proves they can do a job in Division 4. If Williams can get his confidence back in front of goal then I also expect him to get quite a few goals next season.

In my opinion, when you start looking at rebuilding a team, it has to be done over more than one season, cos you need a core team. We have that with who is staying, so it shouldn't be a massive problem to add a few more players in to the mix to what DF is wanting. ATS might even shine... stranger things have happened!

... Even Dany N'Guessans could be quite a player in Division 4 if he stays (and his toe ever heals)!
Idont agree with all you say, look at Bournmouth they almost went down to the confrance but the next season they went up and look at them now 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 17, 2016, 05:03:10 pm by IDM »
The more you think about it, we are in an absolute mess financially. We are going to be waiting months in most cases to move players on who are transfer listed. I'd guess by the sound of it the wage reductions for most players don't kick in until June/July. That leaves us with basically a full-wage bill for the first few months of pre-season that we can do absolutely nothing about. Then added uncertainty now with Chaplow and Tyson.

If this is going to be a pre-season of balancing the books; one player out, one player in then we are in for a really rough time of it. Unless the board are willing to put in money up front and anticipate signings in positions we are going to lose. Something they have never been good at.

I am not sure about the one out one in argument.  I note the repeated use of the highlighted word in the statements below.  You can bet that this repetition in the statement is deliberate!

"Funds will be made immediately available for Darren Ferguson to build a first team playing squad that can push for an automatic promotion place. "

"The board will support Darren with immediate recruitment requirements "

"The main focus however over the Summer will be to develop the best playing squad and philosophy to ensure an immediate return to EFL1. "

Read more at http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/-club-statement-3116845.aspx#t4T7DsYXyU0ucOLX.99

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 17, 2016, 05:03:25 pm by Lesonthewest »
A up all from sunny Zante, no surprises in that list, if the manager can bring in 4 or 5 new players & have a  good preseason, I will be confident
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:08:51 am by Lesonthewest »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 17, 2016, 05:05:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The more you think about it, we are in an absolute mess financially. We are going to be waiting months in most cases to move players on who are transfer listed. I'd guess by the sound of it the wage reductions for most players don't kick in until June/July. That leaves us with basically a full-wage bill for the first few months of pre-season that we can do absolutely nothing about. Then added uncertainty now with Chaplow and Tyson.

If this is going to be a pre-season of balancing the books; one player out, one player in then we are in for a really rough time of it. Unless the board are willing to put in money up front and anticipate signings in positions we are going to lose. Something they have never been good at.

I am not sure about the one out one in argument.  I note the repeated use of the highlighted word in the statements below.  You can bet that this repetition in the statement is deliberate!

"Funds will be made immediately available for Darren Ferguson to build a first team playing squad that can push for an automatic promotion place. "

"The board will support Darren with immediate recruitment requirements "

"The main focus however over the Summer will be to develop the best playing squad and philosophy to ensure an immediate return to EFL1. "

Read more at http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/-club-statement-3116845.aspx#t4T7DsYXyU0ucOLX.99

That statement did come out after Copps' post tbf.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 17, 2016, 05:12:51 pm by Copps is Magic »
Yes it did, I like to think they were listening to my sound advice but they probably had the article lined up a long time before.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:14:57 pm by Copps is Magic »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 17, 2016, 05:18:55 pm by IDM »
Yes it did, I like to think they were listening to my sound advice but they probably had the article lined up a long time before.

Sorry just catching up!

I don't want to be pedantic but the use of "immediate" does lay the club potentially open to criticism (by some) if there are no "immediate signings..

When is "immediate"?  This week, the end of May, etc etc??

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 17, 2016, 05:26:29 pm by NickDRFC »
I think it's relative. If we see clubs around us (or more specifically in our league) signing players and we aren't making any (visible) progress you'll start to hear grumblings. Realistically we want the bulk of the squad in place by the time pre-season training starts - the last thing we want is it to get to the end of July and we are scrambling round (again) to flesh out the squad.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 17, 2016, 05:29:30 pm by Copps is Magic »
It's a dog-eat-dog world of players wanting the most money they can get, agents, and clubs desperate to get one up on opponents in the transfer market. Noting will happen immediately, but at least the money will be there straight away. This lad from Mansfield being a case in point.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 17, 2016, 05:30:10 pm by IDM »
If I read this optimistically, this means the door is open to bid for McShefferey and Rowe, as players DF has already identified in public who he would like to sign if he can.

At least.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 17, 2016, 05:44:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
No news on McCullough either? Isn't he also out of contract?

The only player left who is out of contract is Marosi. Therefore he does not have to be on any list he can go. Along with Ben Askins and Matty Davies.
Unless we decide to re-sign him.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 17, 2016, 06:19:04 pm by Danmckay456 »
Take the youth players out and we have next to nothing in terms of players providing these all hopefully get moved on he needs at least over 10 players in its a big ask

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 17, 2016, 06:24:26 pm by PDX_Rover »
It's doable though. I suspect we have been talking to prospects for a while now anyway.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 17, 2016, 06:30:32 pm by Danmckay456 »
Could be refreshing to see

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 17, 2016, 06:47:30 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Too few for me. If we line up with ATS on the first day of the season I take everything back and believe Fergie should be sacked after those 90 minutes win, lose or draw.

If we line up with ATS in August, the club will get the Nobel Prize for Medicine.

Mind, some folk would still chunter at that...

bit late mate

brighton won that Nobel Prize last night for turning out KNOCKAERT to play
they can add that to the "Knobble Prize " which Dunk  "wins" year after year

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 17, 2016, 06:55:52 pm by PDX_Rover »
I reckon Stucky can still do a job, but what do I know?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 17, 2016, 06:57:40 pm by adamtherover »
What I'd like to know is why do teams like scunny who have no more money than us afford players like paddy madden,  a guaranteed 20 goals a season striker.    So frustrating..

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 17, 2016, 07:00:05 pm by Copps is Magic »
Rumoured strongly that Paddy Madden is going this summer. Big sums talked about.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 17, 2016, 07:01:52 pm by adamtherover »
He scored a load for Yeovil the yr before,  always seemed a handful, it's these sort of players we just always miss out on..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 17, 2016, 07:07:43 pm by IDM »
And Andy Williams got 22 for Swindon the season before last, reaching the L1 play offs.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on May 17, 2016, 07:43:26 pm by silent majority »
What I'd like to know is why do teams like scunny who have no more money than us afford players like paddy madden,  a guaranteed 20 goals a season striker.    So frustrating..

They've been splashing the cash at Scunny for the last couple of seasons. They're racking up debts at an alarming rate.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 17, 2016, 07:57:26 pm by MrFrost »

They've been splashing the cash at Scunny for the last couple of seasons. They're racking up debts at an alarming rate.

As long as their owners don't pull the plug it shouldn't matter

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 17, 2016, 08:09:36 pm by drfchound »
The thing that has amazed me more than anything else since January is this:
I remember posting at the end of January when DF failed to strengthen the squad sufficiently that it could result in us getting dragged into a relegation dogfight and that if we went down it would be a financial disaster for the club.
Here we are now, as fans, worrying about whether the club can afford to bring players in or whether we will be able to compete for the signatures of certain players on our up and coming L2 income levels.
DF continued his merry way, persisting with a style of play that wasn't working with the players he had and gradually more people came round to my way of thinking because the problems were there for all to see.
Well, most of us but not one person in particular.
Now it has come to pass and the excrement has hit the fan big time.
If i could see that we were in possible trouble back in January then why couldn't DF?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012