Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:35:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Released list  (Read 16915 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: Released list
« Reply #60 on May 17, 2016, 08:25:06 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Does this mean we have to put with Keegan for at least another year? FML! 😡👎😭

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on May 17, 2016, 08:39:16 pm by IDM »
Does this mean we have to put with Keegan for at least another year? FML! 😡👎😭

Keegan has hardly been the worst of a poor lot this season has he?  I think he will be OK in League 2..

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 17, 2016, 08:45:09 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Keegan has been absolutely awful and has never been good enough for whatever division we've been in. I don't expect that to change next season.
Just my opinion obviously

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 17, 2016, 09:38:36 pm by Chris Black come back »
I am not sure how Keegan fits into all of this.

He doesn't appear to be shoulder to shoulder with Ferguson in the way he was with Dickov. Appears a bit of a marginal figure under the current regime yet no question of him going despite not being a regular starter.

Guess the 18 year deal that Dickov gave him probably means he will remain with us until we make it back to the Championship in 2022/23 season.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 17, 2016, 10:31:44 pm by Retdon1 »
Time to go, was a steady player for us but now is too slow and too injury prone plus will be on decent wages, I was surprised he wasn't on the transfer list

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 17, 2016, 11:18:11 pm by southwestexile »
Lots on here had him as MoM for many games in the last 3 years. On his day can be the Mascherano of the North (?)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 17, 2016, 11:53:09 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
If Keegan is retained it will tell you all you need to know, it's going to be a make do and mend season!. I hope excuses aren't being prepared already because we have a lot of players to get rid of, other clubs manage to do it!.
He will need some patience, because building a new squad, or at least half of one needs time. I would expect all those players to get fixed up, though with teams in our division or lower!
I have a feeling oldham won't sign main, if sheridan stays there he will look for better!. The two kids i'd expect to end up in conference north or lower, N'Guessan will end up conference north, Tyson will end up back at Blackpool, Chaplow i suspect will end up in scotland or maybe a newly promoted team to league one, plymouth something like that!.

We will need around twelve players if the rebuilding is done right, i hope it's not going down the cheap road that got us here, and retaining what isn't good enough!.
I have a feeling we won't end up with Rowe or McSheffrey, as always anything admitted publicly, ends up us not signing the players!.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 18, 2016, 01:04:38 am by RoversAlias »
If Keegan is retained it will tell you all you need to know, it's going to be a make do and mend season!

I'm sorry but this is unfounded rubbish. Keegan staying suggests nothing of the sort, he may stay as a squad player, he may be asked to contribute more significantly but it is no indication whatsoever of 'make do and mend'. People keep saying we need loads of new players then suggest binning all the players already under contract who might be decent in making up a squad. We can't afford to sign a new first eleven and then ten back-up players too, nobody can.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 18, 2016, 02:40:01 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If Keegan is retained it will tell you all you need to know, it's going to be a make do and mend season!

I'm sorry but this is unfounded rubbish. Keegan staying suggests nothing of the sort, he may stay as a squad player, he may be asked to contribute more significantly but it is no indication whatsoever of 'make do and mend'. People keep saying we need loads of new players then suggest binning all the players already under contract who might be decent in making up a squad. We can't afford to sign a new first eleven and then ten back-up players too, nobody can.

I don't expect us to as i have put before, we will be retaining around ten players i would expect, but in my opinion Keegan has run his course with us. It's my opinion not based on fact, i think retaining him in particular, would be unambitious, because i don't think he can offer what we need to improve.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 18, 2016, 07:59:27 am by Jonathan »
If Keegan is retained it will tell you all you need to know, it's going to be a make do and mend season!. I hope excuses aren't being prepared already because we have a lot of players to get rid of, other clubs manage to do it!.
He will need some patience, because building a new squad, or at least half of one needs time. I would expect all those players to get fixed up, though with teams in our division or lower!
I have a feeling oldham won't sign main, if sheridan stays there he will look for better!. The two kids i'd expect to end up in conference north or lower, N'Guessan will end up conference north, Tyson will end up back at Blackpool, Chaplow i suspect will end up in scotland or maybe a newly promoted team to league one, plymouth something like that!.

We will need around twelve players if the rebuilding is done right, i hope it's not going down the cheap road that got us here, and retaining what isn't good enough!.
I have a feeling we won't end up with Rowe or McSheffrey, as always anything admitted publicly, ends up us not signing the players!.

Easy on the exclamation marks there, I feel like I'm having to cover me ears at each point.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 18, 2016, 08:47:58 am by Muttley »
What I'd like to know is why do teams like scunny who have no more money than us afford players like paddy madden,  a guaranteed 20 goals a season striker.    So frustrating..

Guaranteed 20 goals a season?

Get him in the Strikers Graveyard and see how far that guarantee goes!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 18, 2016, 08:58:22 am by DonnyOsmond »
Andy williams got 22 last season and 16 this. He's not too far off.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 19, 2016, 12:02:07 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Easy on the exclamation marks there, I feel like I'm having to cover me ears at each point.

A little touch of pedantry creeping in....... :chair:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on May 19, 2016, 12:15:40 am by idler »
You're too harsh on yourself Sammy. 😉

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 19, 2016, 02:19:44 am by les@donr »
There are some very decent players in the National Leagues, I think it is here where Fergie might discovery some rough diamonds ready for polishing in L2 with Rovers.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 19, 2016, 03:29:47 am by Sammy Chung was King »
You're too harsh on yourself Sammy. 😉

:boxing:

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on May 19, 2016, 07:51:21 am by mrfrostsdad »
Andy williams got 22 last season and 16 this. He's not too far off.

He got 12 in the league and that's really all that matters.
And even more importantly, for most of the season he was crap

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on May 19, 2016, 12:25:37 pm by knockers »
I would disagree.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 19, 2016, 12:34:34 pm by eastender »
There are some very decent players in the National Leagues, I think it is here where Fergie might discovery some rough diamonds ready for polishing in L2 with Rovers.

Barnsley have just signed this lad from Dover , looks to be a good prospect.

I can't believe SCWK never flagged him up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUdM1_-6Tyw

Ye-Aul-Tavern

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on May 19, 2016, 01:22:58 pm by Ye-Aul-Tavern »
I think it's more black and white.

Keegan is in contract for next year. The club are thinking it's better off keeping him than paying him off.

Chaplow & Tyson want to instigate their relegation clause as they genuinely believe that can play for a bigger club and be paid more. Keegan on the other hand knows he would find it harder to find a club at a higher level to take him on and is therefore happy to stay on under his current contract.

Nothing to see here folks.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on May 19, 2016, 04:22:32 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Hartlepool are interested in Main.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on May 19, 2016, 08:25:26 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I would disagree.

About Williams?? Ok. Did you think he was good then?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on May 19, 2016, 09:27:20 pm by knockers »
I did, yes. We didn't play to his strengths all season but he still gave us quality.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on May 19, 2016, 09:31:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If we'd played to his strengths would he have not missed all those sitters?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on May 19, 2016, 10:03:26 pm by drfchound »
On the subject of Williams, has he ever scored a tap in for us?
I can remember some really good finishes but not any Sharp like tap ins from rebounds or from inside the six yard box.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on May 19, 2016, 10:08:49 pm by knockers »

That's correct. A confident striker will gobble up the sitters. I'll let you buy me that pint when he's knocked in 20 by Christmas🍻

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on May 19, 2016, 10:17:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »

That's correct. A confident striker will gobble up the sitters. I'll let you buy me that pint when he's knocked in 20 by Christmas🍻

In that case I'm gonna stand up in the Black Bank.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on May 20, 2016, 12:37:03 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Barnsley have just signed this lad from Dover , looks to be a good prospect.

I can't believe SCWK never flagged him up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUdM1_-6Tyw

I knew he was a good player going back to a couple of seasons ago. A very quick striker, good finisher, decent in the air. If you remember Dovers fa cup run, he was really good in it. I think Barnsley might just have a good signing there. I didn't know his contract was up, otherwise he would have been mentioned.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on May 20, 2016, 03:38:15 pm by roversdude »
Tsk come Sammy what you playing at lad lol

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on May 20, 2016, 05:18:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
I Know it's SU but they have released 10 and Transfer listed 7.
We thought were trying to get rid of players.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012