Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:37:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leeds united legends night at the keepmoat  (Read 18324 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
Re: Leeds united legends night at the keepmoat
« Reply #30 on January 18, 2018, 09:04:22 am by Wiltshire Exile »
Will Hayter be guest of honour

Who's Will Hayter?   :coat:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 18, 2018, 09:32:44 am by Copps is Magic »
I wonder if the club has promised to promote this like they do for most other events/sponsors?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 18, 2018, 09:37:04 am by Filo »
I wonder if the club has promised to promote this like they do for most other events/sponsors?

I also wonder if Leeds fans will end up on the database for ticketing, giving them access to the hime end, should we play them in a future cup game

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 18, 2018, 09:48:49 am by Donnywolf »
  Just double the price of the drinks.

... AND remove the Bins out of harms way !

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 18, 2018, 09:53:16 am by DaveDRFC »
Seeing as it is a third party company selling tickets and not the club I'd say it's highly unlikely they will end up on the club's database.

The guy who runs these events is a huge supporter of Firefly and every one he puts on raises a great deal of money for them. So while people might not agree with something like this happening at the Keepmoat I would guess with Firefly being one of the the club's official charity partners this season part of the reason they are doing this is to help them out.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 18, 2018, 09:55:07 am by Donnywolf »
That changes things a lot. Great cause

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 18, 2018, 10:27:14 am by IDM »
That's me done if this happens

Really?  this will be tomorrow's chip paper...

Whilst it is not ideal to host a function associated with a rival club at the KM, it's hardly the end of the world is it?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 18, 2018, 10:40:39 am by Colin C No.3 »
Next month they're holding 'A Tribute to Margaret Thatcher' evening.

There's a theme here somewhere....no pun intended.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 18, 2018, 01:08:04 pm by wing commander »
  I cant believe these comments from so many of you..Every event we host generates money into the club..The same club some of you moan about not spending enough on the team,we have the facilities to do it which on that night would be unused and because some of you don't like Leeds you expect the club to turn it down??? Seriously..!!!..

You cant expect to pick and choose what the stadium hosts because it doesn't suit you and then expect the owners to dip into there pockets to pay large fee's like with Whiteman...It's all part of the same deal...
   The idea that this event will encourage people to support Leeds United is frankly laughable..The only people going to this event at the cost that it will be will be associated with Leeds Utd in the first place...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 18, 2018, 01:56:14 pm by Copps is Magic »
WC, that depends if its the same people saying those two things, i'm certainly not one of them.

If it comes down to 'what would you do for money' then bend over and let Leeds United tickle my balls is not one of them. If its for charity it softens the blow but in that press release it doesn't state that.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 18, 2018, 02:19:07 pm by wing commander »
  Well we disagree either way..Makes no difference to me..I think anybody wanting to turn profit away from the stadium and Rovers coffers just because it's a Leeds United legend event is being very selfish..
   We need to generate money and its the clubs and it's staff task to reduce the financial impact,so the money the owners have to subsidise our club is as minimal as it can be..
   Of course its very easy to have these principles and morals as regards these things when your not paying it isn't it....

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 18, 2018, 02:28:39 pm by selby »
  I hope they have a good time,enjoy the evening, and go away and tell others what a great venue it is to stage an event, and come back again.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 18, 2018, 03:55:36 pm by DaveDRFC »
It definitely does benefit charity, I do regular fundraising and occasional driving for Firefly and have met the guy who puts on these events a couple of times. The Firefly logo is on the event flyer for this and other events, and he has also raised money for other local charities such as When You Wish Upon A Star and Bella's Voice.

This is the 6th event he's put on at the Keepmoat so it's obviously a long standing partnership rather than some sort of slight on Rovers fans by daring to bring old Leeds players to the ground.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 18, 2018, 04:14:08 pm by knockers »
My email has gone to the club with my views

Making money from Leeds fans and advertising their club.  Not for me

Phil, You're just embarrassing yourself

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 18, 2018, 04:17:44 pm by Campsall rover »
That's me done if this happens
Sorry that’s ridiculous.
I agree I think it is short term profit at the expense of long term loss.
If you are not happy send a letter or e mail the marketing dept with you concerns.
But to throw your bat away and abandon the club ???
 :rtid:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 18, 2018, 05:50:16 pm by roversdude »
Campsall he’s a series doner

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 18, 2018, 06:04:29 pm by phil old leake »
Club response to my email

Dear Phil

Thank you for your email and your continued support of Doncaster Rovers.

The event in question is a private booking, which it looks like will be along the lines of an “audience with” type of event.

The private booking has been directly through Centerplate, our catering partners, who the club have given rights to sell conference facilities at the stadium, in return for this right, Centerplate provide the club with a revenue stream, all of which is contribution to club running costs, including the first team.

Whilst the event is being held at the stadium, the club itself have no direct involvement , neither with the event booking, the event logistics or the event promotion, it is simply a private booking for an event taken by Centerplate, which could have easily been held at the Dome or a local hotel, in the same way that a wedding or wake could be.

Whilst it is unfortunate from a fan rivalry perspective, that is it a Leeds United event in Doncaster,  I am aware that the event in question is in association with Firefly, a Doncaster charity, that supports Doncaster people who are suffering from cancer, ensuring they have means of transport to in order to get to hospitals that can provide the treatment needed. 

I would therefore urge you to look beyond the football rivalry on this and consider the people who will be benefitting from the funds raised from such an event, if you’re looking for high profile examples of rival fans coming together for greater good, then look no further than Liverpool and Everton and their supporter foodbanks, who have provided inspiration for our own supporters initiative.

Regards

Shaun

E-signature

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 18, 2018, 06:39:30 pm by Pancho Regan »
Excellent response from the Club.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 18, 2018, 06:44:43 pm by Not Now Kato »
Excellent Response from DRFC.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 18, 2018, 06:49:10 pm by RedJ »
Nice to see Centreplate care about the people they're meant to be catering for then...

Though the fact that a local charity will benefit does make it easier to take.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 18, 2018, 08:12:17 pm by RoversAlias »
Makes sense Centreplate are behind it, they're our main villains these days  :P

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 18, 2018, 11:19:37 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Club response to my email

Dear Phil

Thank you for your email and your continued support of Doncaster Rovers.

The event in question is a private booking, which it looks like will be along the lines of an “audience with” type of event.

The private booking has been directly through Centerplate, our catering partners, who the club have given rights to sell conference facilities at the stadium, in return for this right, Centerplate provide the club with a revenue stream, all of which is contribution to club running costs, including the first team.

Whilst the event is being held at the stadium, the club itself have no direct involvement , neither with the event booking, the event logistics or the event promotion, it is simply a private booking for an event taken by Centerplate, which could have easily been held at the Dome or a local hotel, in the same way that a wedding or wake could be.

Whilst it is unfortunate from a fan rivalry perspective, that is it a Leeds United event in Doncaster, I am aware that the event in question is in association with Firefly, a Doncaster charity, that supports Doncaster people who are suffering from cancer, ensuring they have means of transport to in order to get to hospitals that can provide the treatment needed.

I would therefore urge you to look beyond the football rivalry on this and consider the people who will be benefitting from the funds raised from such an event, if you’re looking for high profile examples of rival fans coming together for greater good, then look no further than Liverpool and Everton and their supporter foodbanks, who have provided inspiration for our own supporters initiative.

Regards

Shaun

E-signature

The only thing I will pick up there is Firefly are one of Rovers  charity partners not just a local charity

But they are a fantastic local charity having been in the unfortunate position to have had to call on them

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 18, 2018, 11:31:50 pm by bobjimwilly »
An expected professional response from Shaun. To all you moaning about the event; since when did Leeds become a big rival? And how on earth is it "advertising" Leeds? Every kid in Doncaster with an interest in football will already know Leeds are - this event will not convert one single person to be a Leeds fan who already aren't  :rolleyes:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 19, 2018, 12:06:38 am by SydneyRover »
An expected professional response from Shaun. To all you moaning about the event; since when did Leeds become a big rival? And how on earth is it "advertising" Leeds? Every kid in Doncaster with an interest in football will already know Leeds are - this event will not convert one single person to be a Leeds fan who already aren't  :rolleyes:
On past threads that has been a lot of chat about Leeds "stealing" our youngsters or our best players but that's what an academy is all about training footballers to either slot into the team or sell to support the club. We don't complain when we buy players from other clubs. I've been to plenty of Leeds games in the past but it hasn't stopped me supporting DR and there are surely others that have been to watch games not connected with DR.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 19, 2018, 12:23:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
It's not about stealing our young players, it's about stealing our young potential supporters.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 19, 2018, 12:59:44 am by SydneyRover »
It's not about stealing our young players, it's about stealing our young potential supporters.
True BB, I take your point, but supporters that are drawn away would probably go anyway for any number of reasons, I am confident in fact more confident than I have been in the past that DR/Club Doncaster is being managed in a way that will grow the club for a future in the Championship and there is nothing that grows support like winning.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 19, 2018, 01:03:27 am by Bentley Bullet »
I'll go along with that SydneyRover, hope you're right.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 19, 2018, 09:56:02 am by bobjimwilly »
But this event isn't aimed at young "potential" supporters, nor will any be there, unless they have been dragged by their parents, in which case they'll more than likely become weeds fans anyway. This whole thread isn't a storm in a tea-cup, more like an egg cup.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 19, 2018, 10:33:44 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Absolutely, and it saddens me that people are too willing to attack the club and ask questions later. It drags us down to the knuckle-dragging level of some of the supporters of club we love to hate up the road.

This event will have no effect whatsoever on the procurement of young fans. As someone said above it's tomorrows chip paper. Rise above it.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 19, 2018, 11:32:59 am by wesisback »
Not sure I'd go that far. That Centreplate under the name of Keepmoat would hold this event is still very poorly thought out. It could have been held at the Dome and one of Doncasters other venues. This doesn't make it a coup on Rovers part.
I do however think the response from Shaun is well thought out and should put the arguments to bed. While it's a shit idea and I can understand the dismay its not worth staging mass boycotts and rioting on the night. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012