Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:15:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leeds united legends night at the keepmoat  (Read 18321 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Leeds united legends night at the keepmoat
« Reply #60 on January 19, 2018, 11:45:21 am by Bentley Bullet »
My response to Sydney Rover was regarding past threads involving L**ds 'stealing' our youngsters, NOT this thread.

I have no problem with L**ds wishing to use our superior to theirs media facilities. It should be them that's embarrassed, not us.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:48:08 am by Bentley Bullet »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 19, 2018, 12:19:44 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
I think someone should ring up Leeds and ask them if they want to make it a double night of rememberance. The class of 2008 and how they were played off the park at Wembley.

Quality!
We could go as far as played off the park at Elland Road that year too.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 19, 2018, 07:31:08 pm by Padge_DRFC »
This is disgusting and embarrassing. Who ever allowed this needs shooting and not toubgue in cheek either. First class prick who ever has let this happen.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 19, 2018, 07:37:12 pm by Pancho Regan »
Sorry Padge but that is rubbish.

Have you read this whole thread? If there’s any embarrassment I would suggest it’s for Leeds fans having to use our excellent facilities for their celebration!

And a local Doncaster charity will benefit.

I have a deep dislike for Leeds but I don’t see any reason to get so upset about this. Turn it around and see it as an embarrassment for them, not for us.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 19, 2018, 10:55:56 pm by Donnybob »
Maybe they can entice Jim Bowen out of retirement to tell impressionable Donny kids raised on negative forum rubbish that, 'Here's what you could have won'.
PS: The Damned United will be performed at the Cast Theatre in June.
PPS: No news of them opening a club shop in the town centre... yet.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:30:09 pm by Donnybob »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 20, 2018, 12:02:11 am by IDM »
This is disgusting and embarrassing. Who ever allowed this needs shooting and not toubgue in cheek either. First class prick who ever has let this happen.

The only thing that's embarrassing here is posts like yours.. Have a word with yourself..

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 20, 2018, 01:53:42 am by hoolahoop »
Got to admit that as good a cause as firefly is ;  I would prefer that we didn't go ahead at OUR  place

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 20, 2018, 03:15:20 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I really do despair that some of us feel threatened and inferior to anything associated to Leeds United.

I do wonder who's suffering from small dick syndrome at times.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 20, 2018, 08:46:55 am by NickDRFC »
I really do despair that some of us feel threatened and inferior to anything associated to Leeds United.

I think it’s pretty clear that Leeds fans are the biggest dicks.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on January 20, 2018, 09:21:28 am by Donnywolf »
I think someone should ring up Leeds and ask them if they want to make it a double night of rememberance. The class of 2008 and how they were played off the park at Wembley.

Quality!
We could go as far as played off the park at Elland Road that year too.

Very true ... that sequence near Left Corner of field (our end) where we had a Leeds Player chasing in a triangle trying to get the ball made me chuckle then and still does !

Also Dennis Wise saying we would be "trapped like Rabbits in a cars headlights" and Richie Wellens laughing after the game saying "what did we have to be afraid of - we were playing their Team not their Crowd"

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 20, 2018, 09:39:30 am by Donnybob »
Just because 'it's for charadee' does not excuse such blatant marketing of a rival business in OUR back yard. It simply perpetuates a myth.

I can understand the draw of glamour clubs at the cutting edge of the Prem. I can see that once upon a time the Damned United had a little bit of glory (more often than not as bridesmaids failing at the final hurdle) but right now and for the past quarter century they're strictly second division, practising their trade where we have ambition to be within 2 to 5 years.

Would we be happy with billboards around town promoting Rotherham, Barnsley or Scunthorpe? No. This fodder for the traitors in our midst. Fodder for future generations of ultimately deluded 'glory' seekers.

There are many ways to be rude. Dressing it up as charity is about as low as it comes, pandering to a bunch of locals who have turned their backs on what they regard is their local tinpot team.

It is not about feeling inferior in any way. It is not about regular followers being tempted away. This is the bully next door exerting his dominance, showing off, because he can. Hosting this and similar functions encourages him, gives him the feeling of superiority he needs.

This is the same friend that infiltrated our territory at Wembley and laughed at us, does so whenever they play at the Keepmoat. Here he goes again.

On principle it should never be allowed or encouraged.

Go on, use bravado and pretend it doesn't matter. But just ask yourself, what would be the reaction to an evening at Elland Road celebrating Doncaster's win at Wembley? Even if it was for a good cause?

Simply wouldn't happen. Shouldn't happen here. That evening would be better spent promoting our own legends with a dedicated local crowd, not enhancing the reputation of a bunch of scumbags, even if it is for a good cause.

It's just wrong on any level you look at it.

The bin kickers fans have disgraced themselves all over Europe so let's invite them here! Unbelievable Jeff, unbelievable.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:45:20 am by Donnybob »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on January 20, 2018, 09:41:56 am by silent majority »
Wrong by who? And who is this bully?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 20, 2018, 09:45:53 am by IDM »
Got to admit that as good a cause as firefly is ;  I would prefer that we didn't go ahead at OUR  place

Surely it is for Leeds fans to be disappointed and embarrassed that "their" event is held elsewhere?

There are far more important things to get wound up about..

Donnybob, have a word with yourself!  Spend some time with your kids, take your wife out for a meal, go to watch Rovers at Shrewsbury.. etc, etc..
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:49:15 am by IDM »

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 20, 2018, 09:51:58 am by Donnybob »
You're joking, surely? I've great respect for the work you do but come on. Perhaps you enjoy being belittled by opposition fans from our own town. Go on, give them a pat on the head, they are nice boys really. All that evil stuff on YouTube is made up like the moon landings. They didn't beat Rovers fans up in the service stations on the way to and from Wembley. Oh no, that was just letting off steam, etc, etc, etc. Lovely people.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 20, 2018, 10:04:23 am by Donnybob »
Quote: Donnybob, have a word with yourself! 

DIM, sorry auto correct did that, not me. Go f*** yourself you patronising b******! Perhaps I should add a smiley after that, just to show this evening of pure joy does not cause division amongst what is a tiny unrepresentative minority of Doncaster followers.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 20, 2018, 10:05:14 am by silent majority »
Being angry with Leeds fans about certain issues is one thing, but who are you getting angry with about this event? Its not us, DRFC, who are organising this and promoting it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on January 20, 2018, 10:10:58 am by Filo »
For me, regardless who organises it or who promotes it, it is a big piss take to host this in our Stadium, it's clearly targeted at the Donny Whites, many of whome have never seen their "legends" (although the names mentioned can hardly be labelled legends). There are many other venues around the Doncaster area this could have taken place, but they chose the KM, IT's an insult in my opinion

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 20, 2018, 10:13:55 am by IDM »
:facepalm:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 20, 2018, 01:55:24 pm by silent majority »
Some people are easily insulted then.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 20, 2018, 05:35:57 pm by i_ateallthepies »

I think it’s pretty clear that Leeds fans are the biggest dicks.

Debatable that Nick.  Reading this thread, we have a few of our own.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on January 20, 2018, 08:08:57 pm by Pancho Regan »
Just because 'it's for charadee' does not excuse such blatant marketing of a rival business in OUR back yard. It simply perpetuates a myth.

I can understand the draw of glamour clubs at the cutting edge of the Prem. I can see that once upon a time the Damned United had a little bit of glory (more often than not as bridesmaids failing at the final hurdle) but right now and for the past quarter century they're strictly second division, practising their trade where we have ambition to be within 2 to 5 years.

Would we be happy with billboards around town promoting Rotherham, Barnsley or Scunthorpe? No. This fodder for the traitors in our midst. Fodder for future generations of ultimately deluded 'glory' seekers.

There are many ways to be rude. Dressing it up as charity is about as low as it comes, pandering to a bunch of locals who have turned their backs on what they regard is their local tinpot team.

It is not about feeling inferior in any way. It is not about regular followers being tempted away. This is the bully next door exerting his dominance, showing off, because he can. Hosting this and similar functions encourages him, gives him the feeling of superiority he needs.

This is the same friend that infiltrated our territory at Wembley and laughed at us, does so whenever they play at the Keepmoat. Here he goes again.

On principle it should never be allowed or encouraged.

Go on, use bravado and pretend it doesn't matter. But just ask yourself, what would be the reaction to an evening at Elland Road celebrating Doncaster's win at Wembley? Even if it was for a good cause?

Simply wouldn't happen. Shouldn't happen here. That evening would be better spent promoting our own legends with a dedicated local crowd, not enhancing the reputation of a bunch of scumbags, even if it is for a good cause.

It's just wrong on any level you look at it.

The bin kickers fans have disgraced themselves all over Europe so let's invite them here! Unbelievable Jeff, unbelievable.

I completely and utterly disagree with you.

That’s more polite than saying ‘what a load of rubbish’ which is what I almost wrote.

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 21, 2018, 11:49:13 am by Wellington Vaults »
The original event was held at Elland Road earlier in the year and someone obviously made some money out of it (the tickets weren’t cheap and it was a sell out).  So now the organisers are taking it to South Yorkshire where they know they have a target audience.  Nothing but a glorified “Sportsman’s Evening”.

At a time when sporting venues should be looking at every possible means of maximising revenue, seems a decent initiative to me.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 21, 2018, 12:32:25 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It will make money yes. Doncaster Rovers are the 4th highest maybe even 5th most supported team In Doncaster. Should look to do 1 for Liverpool, Man Utd and Sheffield Wednesday. For everyone to see their heroes they’ve only ever seen on TV

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on January 21, 2018, 12:35:00 pm by IDM »
Do you not realise that the more you post opinions like that, the more you fuel them?

This is not a DRFC event, its someone else paying money to use our facilities, for a side that played 26 years ago..

This really isn't as big an issue as you're making out..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 21, 2018, 02:38:58 pm by Campsall rover »
Do you not realise that the more you post opinions like that, the more you fuel them?

This is not a DRFC event, its someone else paying money to use our facilities, for a side that played 26 years ago..

This really isn't as big an issue as you're making out..
What a fuss about nothing. This obsession with Leeds United is nauseating.
It’s almost as if they have a hold over some of our supporters. Get a grip.
Yes I would agree they have some moronic ‘fans’ but it really is only a minority, believe me it really is a minority. Most are proper football supporters.
DRFC also have a minority of moronic ‘fans’ as do all clubs. Most at all clubs are proper football fans.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 21, 2018, 03:26:04 pm by wesisback »
Could the club look at selling Leeds shirts in the club shop? At a time when clubs should be maximising every source of revenue possible it seems a decent initiative to me.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 21, 2018, 05:04:44 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
It will make money yes. Doncaster Rovers are the 4th highest maybe even 5th most supported team In Doncaster. Should look to do 1 for Liverpool, Man Utd and Sheffield Wednesday. For everyone to see their heroes they’ve only ever seen on TV

Silly comment

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 21, 2018, 08:09:12 pm by NickDRFC »
Could the club look at selling Leeds shirts in the club shop? At a time when clubs should be maximising every source of revenue possible it seems a decent initiative to me.

Absolutely because if I was a Leeds fan and wanted to buy a shirt the first place I’d look is in a different club shop. Plus I’d imagine that most fans on a match day would be looking to buy a Leeds shirt rather than any other memorabilia.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 21, 2018, 09:28:19 pm by wesisback »

Absolutely because if I was a Leeds fan and wanted to buy a shirt the first place I’d look is in a different club shop. Plus I’d imagine that most fans on a match day would be looking to buy a Leeds shirt rather than any other memorabilia.
No I wholeheartedly agree. Why would Leeds fans be looking for anything to do with their team at the home of Doncaster Rovers. It's a head scratcher isn't it?
Of course its down to the club (or Centreplate if your business is inclined to hide behind third parties) to decide whether to host another clubs events. If they'd sooner ensure the income comes streaming in than maintaining a bit of dignity its down to them.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 22, 2018, 02:10:36 pm by phil old leake »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012