Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 01:15:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandeville  (Read 18814 times)

TheFunk

• Forum Member
Re: Mandeville
« Reply #30 on January 31, 2018, 07:44:09 pm by TheFunk »
He's the best finisher we've got at the club. Oh well we'll just have to put up with watching May running around slowly and falling over a lot.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 31, 2018, 07:46:47 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
BRR can’t recall hes there till the end of the season, loan rules changed.

Longbottom still recovering from injury and yet to play in development games. Kiwomya just getting back from serious illness and we all hope he can produce in League 1.

Thanks for clarifying the loan rule :)

Kiwomya is said to be perfectly fit, he's had a fair recovery time, no reason to suspect he can't at least contribute as sub, and yep, it is with hope that he is up to the mark.

So we have two forwards, two on the bench and one who should be along a bit later.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 31, 2018, 07:48:28 pm by RoversAlias »
So Butler signs a 1 year extension – I’m OK with that because whilst I thought he was shocking a couple of years ago, he’s been quite dependable this season.

But Mandy gets loaned to Colchester until the end of the season. I’d far rather have him in the squad than May who is now clearly useless

Aye, having a few sub-par performances equates to the player suddenly being completely useless, doesn't it?

:unsure:

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 31, 2018, 07:52:38 pm by Rovers91 »
He's the best finisher we've got at the club. Oh well we'll just have to put up with watching May running around slowly and falling over a lot.

Instead of Mandeville breathing out his arse because he's had to walk back 20 yards.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 31, 2018, 07:53:03 pm by Jonathan »
Mandeville looked sharp when he came off the bench on Saturday in an encouraging cameo. I can’t say I’m pleased at this move as it weakens our options upfront between now and the end of the season and that cannot be a good thing.

I’m as excited by the prospect of Kiwomya as anyone, but at this stage he’s only played half a development game and needs time. We can’t expect too much too soon. Mandeville was ready now.

May seems to be copping a lot of very harsh criticism on here and I don’t think we should write him off at all. But he’s not on top form right now and Mandeville was surely ahead of him in the current pecking order.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 31, 2018, 07:54:09 pm by mushRTID »
Not too happy about this. It should be May if anyone. Unless a striker is coming in late in the day then we are toothless enough up front without this.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 31, 2018, 07:55:15 pm by StocksArmy »
Never been good enough IMO  :byebye:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 31, 2018, 07:57:07 pm by Alickismyhero »
I am a firm supporter of Mandy and not at all disappointed that he is sent out on loan. I hope he fulfils his full potential and becomes the player I think he can be, best of luck Mandy, next season will be the season you make it big.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 31, 2018, 08:01:34 pm by graingrover »
I would not at all be surprised if he regains what we all saw in him 12 months ago . Good luck down there Mandy and get the ten goals by season's end you are surley capable of .

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 31, 2018, 08:03:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but accusing May of falling over a lot and failing to mention his senior mentors, Marquis and Williams (when he was fit) doing just that is surely an opinion drenched in prejudice.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 31, 2018, 08:08:09 pm by bpoolrover »
If it helps him progress I can't see the problem we have enough forwards now

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 31, 2018, 08:08:41 pm by Retdon1 »
Could be the kick up the backside he needs. I would of sent May out instead but I doubt there would of been many takers, simply not good enough

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 31, 2018, 08:12:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I've no doubt DF gave this some thought and, asked Liam if he wanted it.

We don't know if Colchester made a specific enquiry about him. Maybe May wasn't even considered or wanted by another club.

DF sees the players day in, day out, so he's in the best position to determine the benefits for this. Maybe he's seen enough of Kiwomya to think he's close enough to commanding a place in the starting squad. Beestin has already staked his claim so maybe DF thought it would be harsh on Liam to be down the pecking order when he could be getting games to get him back where he wants him.

Or there could be an additional reason....I'm sure DF will explain.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 31, 2018, 08:14:06 pm by drfchound »
Beestin will be hard to displace after his recent performances.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 31, 2018, 08:22:27 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Just out of interest when is Willo due back? End of March?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 31, 2018, 08:23:54 pm by Lesonthewest »
Beestin has come in, worked hard & taken his chance, Mandeville hasn't. Good move by Fergy in my opinion.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 31, 2018, 08:24:13 pm by selby »
  Your not showing any to Marquis  and  Williams then B.B.  That's the last of the three promising young players we had at the beginning of last season, that looked to have a future  here, that have been dumped by Fergie after he gave them improved contracts.
  I personally  doubt we will see Liam play for us again, even if he does well at Colchester.
  Fergies cussedness cost us a championship last season the last six games, he will surprise me if he changes his spots.
  So we have got rid of a promising youngster, and are stuck with Alcock by the looks of it. Great bit of business that.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 31, 2018, 08:28:59 pm by balbyrover »
Slightly shocked and a bit disappointed to see this as I genuinely feel that Mandeville is a good option to have in our team.

Although at his age he does need to be on the pitch getting some minutes. Unfortunately I think his days are numbered here. (Under Ferguson anyway.)

The lad is clearly talented and has a future in the game but he does need to show a bit more hunger when he does get a chance I feel.Maybe this will be the kickstart he needs.
I am not too bothered because I dont think we will be anywhere near the playoffs or the bottom 3 come the end of the season so think the last 15 or so games will be nothing games anyway.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 31, 2018, 08:31:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
  Your not showing any to Marquis  and  Williams then B.B.  That's the last of the three promising young players we had at the beginning of last season, that looked to have a future  here, that have been dumped by Fergie after he gave them improved contracts.
  I personally  doubt we will see Liam play for us again, even if he does well at Colchester.
  Fergies cussedness cost us a championship last season the last six games, he will surprise me if he changes his spots.
  So we have got rid of a promising youngster, and are stuck with Alcock by the looks of it. Great bit of business that.

Not saying you're wrong but, you seem to have jumped to that conclusion very quickly. We need to hear both sides of the story.

Let's also not forget, for someone to go on loan, the other clubs got to want them!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 31, 2018, 08:32:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Selby, Not showing any what to Marquis and Williams?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 31, 2018, 08:53:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
Colchester manager must have wanted him, Liam must have wanted to go and our manager allowed him to go. It needs all three parties to agree. We may have needed a player to go out to make sure the money balances and for Liam to gain experience.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 31, 2018, 08:54:40 pm by drfchound »
Slightly shocked and a bit disappointed to see this as I genuinely feel that Mandeville is a good option to have in our team.

Although at his age he does need to be on the pitch getting some minutes. Unfortunately I think his days are numbered here. (Under Ferguson anyway.)

The lad is clearly talented and has a future in the game but he does need to show a bit more hunger when he does get a chance I feel.Maybe this will be the kickstart he needs.
I am not too bothered because I dont think we will be anywhere near the playoffs or the bottom 3 come the end of the season so think the last 15 or so games will be nothing games anyway.

Just wondering how 16 matches can be nothing games?
No chance of us making the play offs but to avoid the drop zone we have to get another 15 points as a minimum from the last sixteen games.
Given that we are almost certain to lose some of them then we need four wins and three draws or maybe five wins, or some other combination to make fifteen points.
Can you really call them nothing games?

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 31, 2018, 08:57:14 pm by 5minstogo »
When Marquis is suspended , who the hell do we play up front? Very short of striking options. This will bite us on the arse.

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 31, 2018, 08:58:51 pm by WarwickRover »
Not sure what to make of this loan move but happy to go with Fergie's decision  if only reluctantly. However, Liam is streets ahead of Alfe in terms of skill and ability. I hope Liam comes back a better footballer.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 31, 2018, 08:59:11 pm by Jonathan »
They are certainly not nothing games. We need to get ourselves clear of danger and try to finish the season with some momentum.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 31, 2018, 08:59:58 pm by Alickismyhero »
Selby,
I am convinced Mandy will be back and play a big part in next seasons promotion, its a good move for the kid. Fergy has won me over and one thing that stands out in his method of operation as a manager is he will give youth the chance to prove themselves. I hasten to add I think I said the same thing about Main when he went on loan, I  got that wrong.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 31, 2018, 09:10:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
As long as we're safe for the season it's probably not too bad.

A. He does well and comes back next season as a starter.
B. He does even better and we sell him for a large sum.
C. He does shit and we get rid.

Majority of us can see there's a decent player in there it's just if the lad wants to make it, otherwise he'll either not get any higher than League One or retire and become the lawyer he apparently wanted to be.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 31, 2018, 09:14:54 pm by keith79 »
Mandeville the Lewis guy of the training ground

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 31, 2018, 09:16:15 pm by Plumbster »
Very disappointed at this- I only hope we don't let him go for peanuts in the summer

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 31, 2018, 10:03:55 pm by no eyed deer »
Well if Colchester fans are reading some these comments, they'll think they've signed Ronaldo

TinyPortal © 2005-2012