Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:06:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SHould boris apologise?  (Read 11021 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: SHould boris apologise?
« Reply #90 on August 12, 2018, 07:57:49 am by wilts rover »
Make the goalposts wider and there will be goals scored that would have been wide of the mark before.

Goals scored by calling Thomas the tank engine and Snow White racist, for instance, increase the racist figures but don't reflect a true increase in racism.

When has calling Thomas the tank engine and Snow White racist increased racist figures?

Since the PC brigade decided to use them as examples of racism.

Which figures have they increased?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on August 12, 2018, 08:53:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Like I say. You get these claims that “Political Correctness” is rampant, with no evidence if actual examples. That link you posted illustrates my point perfectly.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:09:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on August 12, 2018, 09:26:50 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST, there's enough evidence on this forum. The attempts at herding people into a racist corner is rife. It's seems that it's used as a tactic to deter people from stating an opposing opinion, and just like in the real world it works.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:29:57 am by Bentley Bullet »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on August 12, 2018, 09:55:33 am by Glyn_Wigley »
It's a different tactic than making wild claims and then refusing to evidence them I suppose.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on August 12, 2018, 10:10:04 am by Bentley Bullet »
What's the point in providing evidence when it is simply disregarded by the people who it is aimed at? I suggest you stay happy in your sad little world of self-righteousness and ignore what's really going on.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on August 12, 2018, 10:12:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
That’s a truly bizarre accusation BB.

Try providing some evidence, rather than unsubstantiated opinions. You might be surprised at the reaction you get.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on August 12, 2018, 10:41:53 am by Bentley Bullet »
Just a quick one to start with depicting how PC'ness gets out of hand.

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=266298.60

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on August 12, 2018, 01:02:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I’m stumped BB.

Which bit of that was PC?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on August 12, 2018, 02:39:20 pm by coventryrover »
Yes...BJ should apologise for his lies, leading us into Brexit oblivion and being a grade a ASS

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on August 12, 2018, 04:09:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I’m stumped BB.

Which bit of that was PC?

Probably just your bit, BST.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on August 12, 2018, 05:06:20 pm by MachoMadness »
I once used to work with a bloke who used to flip out about PC and PC culture. He also once flipped out about a feel-good news piece on the telly where an Indian family living in Britain would celebrate Christmas with a traditional Christmas dinner, except with curried sprouts. He kicked off because they "weren't respecting the culture". Funny how that seems to work.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on August 12, 2018, 05:55:21 pm by pib »
Surprised any of the (what I’m now going to call) Stuck-in-the-1970s brigade are posting on here. Thought they’d be too busy getting purple in the face with rage that Sky Sports have got a female pundit on  :crying:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on August 12, 2018, 06:53:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I once used to work with a bloke who used to flip out about PC and PC culture. He also once flipped out about a feel-good news piece on the telly where an Indian family living in Britain would celebrate Christmas with a traditional Christmas dinner, except with curried sprouts. He kicked off because they "weren't respecting the culture". Funny how that seems to work.

That's just a typical EU PC issue, arguing about Brussels.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on August 12, 2018, 07:59:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No. I’m still struggling to get this definition of yours BB, on what you mean by PC.

Was it the bit where I gently ribbed someone for using a term for black people that was old fashionedly objectionable a generation ago?

Or was it the bit where I responded to someone who had said something stupid about things we’re not allowed to say by stating the bleeding obvious (that using terms about people which the recipient finds offensive is, by definition, offensive, whereas using terms which the recipient doesn’t find offensive isn’t)?

Good joke about Brussels by the way. I chuckled at that one.

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on August 12, 2018, 08:32:19 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Those that try to ridicule political correctness hide behind the term because they can't offer real arguments concerning gross injustice, hatefullness to minorities and language that is likely to whip up feelings against religions and any thoughts couter to their own.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on August 12, 2018, 10:09:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Geoff

I actually don’t agree with that. I think there’s a generation that was absolutely not deliberately obnoxious or hurtful, but who haven’t twigged to the fact that other people genuinely take offence at certain terms and attitudes. And in a world that is changing rapidly, they feel a little lost and disorientated and they wish for a simpler time when they didn’t have to deal with these complexities.

Of course there are some folk who are nasty, racists t**ts but I think they are relatively rare. And tarring everyone with that brush helps no-one.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:11:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on August 13, 2018, 02:02:21 am by SydneyRover »
What's the point in providing evidence when it is simply disregarded by the people who it is aimed at? I suggest you stay happy in your sad little world of self-righteousness and ignore what's really going on.
I suppose you have to look at who said what and why, in the case of Johnson you would look at what has happened around him, his history of provocative statements and absolute blunders. He's a mixture of Enoch Powell and Billy Bunter with a severe case of attention deficit disorder thrown in. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this recent incident was designed to put the focus back on himself with a large slice of dog-whistling and he doesn't care who he hurts or offends in the process.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/11/jeremy-corbyn-boris-johnson-iran

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/30/boris-johnson-caught-on-camera-reciting-kipling-in-myanmar-temple

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on August 13, 2018, 06:47:09 am by BillyStubbsTears »
This.

This is nail on head in the issue that Johnson has started.

Don’t harrumph and say “Guardian. Don’t believe it.”

Read it and ask yourself which side of this issue you are on.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/12/boris-johnson-moment-more-decisive-rivers-of-blood

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on August 13, 2018, 03:25:00 pm by RedJ »
:kiss:

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on August 14, 2018, 04:23:54 pm by Axholme Lion »
Equality watchdog attacks Boris Johnson's 'inflammatory' remarks.

Here is an intelligent woman that holds an independent position has no axe to grind and this is what she thinks about Boris' remarks.

What she says.

Rebecca Hilsenrath, the commission’s chief executive, said: “Boris Johnson’s use of language in this instance, which risks dehumanising and vilifying Muslim women, is inflammatory and divisive. Political figures should lead by example, conducting debates in a responsible manner, and language such as this can inhibit legitimate dialogue.”

Anyone who works for an organisation called the 'equality watchdog' has clearly made a career of being a busybody PC zealot.

Anyone? Is that fair?

Is it fair if I said anyone strongly opposing such agencies is a bigot?  Probably not..

Well why else would you want to work for such an organisation?

It's like saying you were a member of the SS but weren't really a Nazi.

Why would someone want to work for such an organisation? Because they want to promote equality! As you seem to like analogies, to label everybody who works for such an organisation would be like labelling every Millwall supporter a thug.

In the words of the song: No one likes us, we don't care.
We're not cry babies who make it our mission in life to take offence.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on August 15, 2018, 01:21:32 am by SydneyRover »
Equality watchdog attacks Boris Johnson's 'inflammatory' remarks.

Here is an intelligent woman that holds an independent position has no axe to grind and this is what she thinks about Boris' remarks.

What she says.

Rebecca Hilsenrath, the commission’s chief executive, said: “Boris Johnson’s use of language in this instance, which risks dehumanising and vilifying Muslim women, is inflammatory and divisive. Political figures should lead by example, conducting debates in a responsible manner, and language such as this can inhibit legitimate dialogue.”

Anyone who works for an organisation called the 'equality watchdog' has clearly made a career of being a busybody PC zealot.

Anyone? Is that fair?

Is it fair if I said anyone strongly opposing such agencies is a bigot?  Probably not..

Well why else would you want to work for such an organisation?

It's like saying you were a member of the SS but weren't really a Nazi.

Why would someone want to work for such an organisation? Because they want to promote equality! As you seem to like analogies, to label everybody who works for such an organisation would be like labelling every Millwall supporter a thug.

In the words of the song: No one likes us, we don't care.
We're not cry babies who make it our mission in life to take offence.

Yeah what would Rebecca Hilsenrath know about anything right?.

Rebecca Hilsenrath (Chief Executive)
Rebecca Hilsenrath was appointed Chief Legal Officer to the Equality and Human Rights Commission in March 2014.

Prior to that, she was for five years CEO of LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group), a national charity facilitating free legal advice to community groups and individuals in need.

After graduating from Cambridge, Rebecca trained and practiced at Linklaters, and then moved to the Government Legal Service, where she held roles in the then Department for Education and Skills and in the Attorney General’s Office.

Rebecca has also established two schools, set up the National Pro Bono Centre in Chancery Lane and has sat on the boards of a number of charities and advice agencies, including the Bar Pro Bono Unit and the Mary Ward Legal Centre.

In 2012, she was listed by the Times among the 100 most influential lawyers in the country.

She has four sons and a foster daughter and her hobbies include renovating a listed cottage in Snowdonia and writing e-novels.

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/who-we-are/our-commissioners-committees-and-governance/about-our-commissioners

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on September 07, 2018, 12:20:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Back to the header.

Given this morning's news, it looks like he ought to apologise to his wife and kids.

In fact he should make a double apology to the daughter he named Lara Lettice.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on September 07, 2018, 08:40:31 pm by SydneyRover »
Back to the header.

Given this morning's news, it looks like he ought to apologise to his wife and kids.

In fact he should make a double apology to the daughter he named Lara Lettice.
Marina should understand what the rules were especially as Boris left his fist wife for her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6142517/Boris-Johnsons-catalogue-infidelity-colourful-love-life.html

And this is from the experts in this type of journalism!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on September 07, 2018, 09:17:05 pm by Filo »
I'm amazed that so many women have let him bounce about on top of them 😂😂😂😂

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on September 07, 2018, 10:43:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
James O'Brien got it spot on today.

He assumes it's only a matter of time before Rees-Mogg announces that Johnson is unfit to be PM. Rees-Mogg makes a point about how he rejects homosexuality and abortion because of his Catholicism. Presumably he'll have the same moral outrage about a serial adulterer?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on September 08, 2018, 08:14:10 am by Glyn_Wigley »
James O'Brien got it spot on today.

He assumes it's only a matter of time before Rees-Mogg announces that Johnson is unfit to be PM. Rees-Mogg makes a point about how he rejects homosexuality and abortion because of his Catholicism. Presumably he'll have the same moral outrage about a serial adulterer?

Someone ought to ask him what he thinks about the non-blame divorce law proposals!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012