Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 01:16:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I'm astonished...  (Read 12158 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: I'm astonished...
« Reply #90 on March 12, 2019, 11:26:43 pm by PDX_Rover »
Yet another (apparently) controversial decision going for Wimbledon again tonight, v Peterborough.

Somebody, somewhere appears to want Wimbledon to stay up!

London bias innit?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on March 12, 2019, 11:32:22 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Yet another (apparently) controversial decision going for Wimbledon again tonight, v Peterborough.

Somebody, somewhere appears to want Wimbledon to stay up!

and somebody somewhere appears to want Peterborough to stay in this division.

Before Peterborough played their two easy matches away at lowly Bradford City & basement club Wimbledoom i looked at peterboroughs fixture list to the end of the season and concluded they would finish above Rovers (Dingles Luton & Sundayland to come) who on earth would think they would get 0 out of 6 points.

time for a managerial chance at that club ???  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on March 13, 2019, 12:29:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I didn't ask you to debate it Rigo.

I asked you a simple question.  If a player COULD get away with deliberately doing what Morgan did to Hume and damn nearly did to Hayter, would you condone it?

Simple question. Yes or no?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on March 13, 2019, 01:24:45 am by Colemans Left Hook »

I asked you a simple question.  If a player COULD get away with deliberately doing what Morgan did to Hume and damn nearly did to Hayter, would you condone it?

we have a modern day alleged "thug" still on active service   rumour has it he puts his elbows into pencil sharpeners pre-match to "sharpen them" doesn't care a to$$ who he "injures" even when his team is 4-0 up against rabbits   in view of the whole world ... some say his opponents are terribly unlucky injury wise 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6364729/Sergio-Ramos-leaves-Viktoria-Plzen-defender-Milan-Havel-bloody-nose-following-collision.html

that's why i was so pleased he was suspended and it contributed massively to "fake madrid" getting eliminated last week .

remember Rigo you felt sorry for him missing the match  "karma returned with a vengeance"

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on March 13, 2019, 04:02:59 am by PDX_Rover »
Ramos is a w**ker of the highest order. Utter tool.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on March 13, 2019, 07:24:15 am by Donnywolf »
Was he Wimbledons Keeper in disguise when he accidentally brought down Mo Salah

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on March 13, 2019, 07:30:13 am by drfchound »
Was he Wimbledons Keeper in disguise when he accidentally brought down Mo Salah

Great minds think alike here Wolfie.
I was reading that link above and when it mentioned the foul on Salah in the CL Final it came to my mind how very much alike the foul on JM was to that one by Ramos.

I came on to post about it and noticed that you had just done the same.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on March 13, 2019, 11:47:58 am by Dutch Uncle »
The more I look at BST's frame by frame PDF file the more angry I get. The reason is that for me this is not opportunistic cheating, such as going down easily, writhing around etc. This is a carefully planned, possibly even practiced, totally conscious intentional piece of cheating with one aim only - to get a fellow professional sent off and banned.

I don't care as much that we lost the game, or lost JM for one match, for me the game of football has just become very much poorer.

I hope the referee or 4th official has watched a post match video, or I hope this has somehow been reported by the club to the EFL/FA. This could be copied by others, certainly if it is seen to have succeeded, not only in helping to win a match, but also if the protagonist can get away scot-free - i.e. no retrospective action.

And by the way spare a thought for how complicated things are becoming for referees. 

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on March 13, 2019, 01:12:17 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
As far as fans are concerned, a clear mistake on the part of the officials is ignored. Nothing is discussed or admitted. That just makes me distrust officials integrity in general, and the FA - but that's a given anyway.

Refs must explain decisions where possible. In this case it would be something like - "it seemed to me that Marquis deliberately blocked the keeper and then grabbed his arm". Which is fair enough, and then that ref can get new contact lenses and a new career  :mad:

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on March 13, 2019, 01:19:45 pm by Pancho Regan »

I wouldn’t condemn a player trying to do everything he can to win a football match for his team.

Allow me to just let that sink in for a few moments .... You wouldn't condemn a player for deliberately going out to injure or maim an opponent, in his efforts to win a football match.

I find it difficult to find adequate words to describe that viewpoint Rigo.
The best I can come up with is 'sad'.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on March 13, 2019, 01:39:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Off you go on a tangent again!

Going back to recent red cards.

The Posh player. 1st yellow. Time-wasting. Maybe harsh but the referee was within his rights. 2nd yellow. Can't be disputed as he took Wilks out no doubt. If it was appealed it would fail.

Marquis. 1st yellow. JM did push the fella so no doubt there. 2nd Yellow. JM did nothing so that would be rescinded and appeal upheld.

It's all about gaining the right to appeal an injustice!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on March 13, 2019, 01:51:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I wonder what the reasoning is behind not allowing appeals for two Yellows but allowing appeals for straight Reds?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on March 13, 2019, 02:02:53 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I wonder what the reasoning is behind not allowing appeals for two Yellows but allowing appeals for straight Reds?

Less bother for the disciplinary committees?

Thin end of the wedge leading to a next step of opening the door to appealing any yellow card? How would we have felt if JM wasn't booked in the first half, got that yellow in the second and it happenned to be his 10th and a two match ban?

I think yellows can be appealed currently .... but only in the case of mistaken identity, i.e. the appealing team still will have a yellow given to someone.

Mind you maybe the ref was mistaken in identifying JM and a player in a different colour jersey  :blush:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on March 13, 2019, 07:28:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We've seen players leave the field due to two yellows when we've thought the cumulation of the offences don't add up to a red. If they were subject to appeal, then the refs may just think a few more seconds before whipping the card out.

There are two many times when managers have received an apology after the match and a shrug of the shoulders cos nothing can be done about it.

There's enough money in the game to have the resources to support a fairer disciplinary system.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on March 13, 2019, 07:35:31 pm by drfchound »
Referees don’t have to explain their decisions or make apologies which in itself is a little unfair.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on March 13, 2019, 09:24:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The more I look at BST's frame by frame PDF file the more angry I get. The reason is that for me this is not opportunistic cheating, such as going down easily, writhing around etc. This is a carefully planned, possibly even practiced, totally conscious intentional piece of cheating with one aim only - to get a fellow professional sent off and banned.

I don't care as much that we lost the game, or lost JM for one match, for me the game of football has just become very much poorer.

I hope the referee or 4th official has watched a post match video, or I hope this has somehow been reported by the club to the EFL/FA. This could be copied by others, certainly if it is seen to have succeeded, not only in helping to win a match, but also if the protagonist can get away scot-free - i.e. no retrospective action.

And by the way spare a thought for how complicated things are becoming for referees. 

Couldn't agree more Dutch. It's bigger than the fact that it went against us. It's indefensible if you care anything about the spirit of the game.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on March 13, 2019, 09:30:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Actually, there's something REALLY telling about those stills.

The defenders all appeal as Marquis goes down. But look at the fans. Not one of them reacts.

It took long enough to develop that, if Marquis had been in the wrong, they'd have all been baying for blood. But they stand there stony-faced. And the defenders have all thrown their hands up and appealed.

Cheating bas**rds. I hope they go down this year and next.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on March 14, 2019, 01:02:50 pm by bobjimwilly »
Look again at incident for Marquis' first yellow - it was for "pushing" the dons player over (after he had been a dick and kicked ball away when Marquis was about to take free-kick). So how come John gets a yellow for pushing a player over, yet Don's keeper get's rewarded with a free kick when he throws John to ground?

I suggested it previously, but Marquis must have done or said something to ref during match to really piss him off.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012