Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:38:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I'm astonished...  (Read 12157 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
I'm astonished...
« on March 09, 2019, 06:14:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
...there's no-one ranting about Marquis's sending off.

It is possibly the worst 2-yellow red card I have ever seen. The first one was bad enough, but the second card one was bewildering. Marquis appears to have received a second yellow for being grabbed by the keeper and thrown to the ground.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: I'm astonished...
« Reply #1 on March 09, 2019, 06:17:44 pm by drfchound »
Look on the lucky pint match thread BST.
Also the Marquis sent off thread.
Plenty of dissent on there mate, including from me.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 09, 2019, 06:26:02 pm by Copps is Magic »
It's two non-events that at most required a talking to the players to say 'stop messing around'. To send a player off for that, and subsequently have such a massive impact on the game, is a terrible abuse of power by the officials. Yet again, in two consecutive weeks, officials interjecting themselves in situations they had no right. They are there to inforce the rules of the game, not make a have-a-go hero of themselves.

And that is beside the issue of only 4 or 5 teams at most wanting to play football in this league. The rest having a systematic approach to waste time (right from the get go in most cases !).

I've seen on other threads some suggesting Rovers have had a swing in form. We haven't. The last two games we've been massively unlucky - we would never lose that game today with 11 and we should have beat Charlton. We did have two bad halves against Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury but that was about it.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 09, 2019, 06:30:18 pm by scawsby steve »

It is possibly the worst 2-yellow red card I have ever seen. The first one was bad enough, but the second card one was bewildering. Marquis appears to have received a second yellow for being grabbed by the keeper and thrown to the ground.

It's pointless ranting about it Billy, because nothing can be done about it, same as all the rotten decisions that are going against us constantly.

However, something can, and must be done about our abysmal form at the moment, but that's GM's problem.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 09, 2019, 06:39:30 pm by Pliskin »
Has any footage of these incidents been made available yet?

I haven't seen any.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 09, 2019, 06:40:30 pm by drfchound »
Has any footage of these incidents been made available yet?

I haven't seen any.

Probably be on sky sports highlights later on tonight.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 09, 2019, 06:59:46 pm by roversdude »
Just seen it and how dare JM allow himself to be thrown over by the keeper
Ridiculous yellow

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 09, 2019, 07:04:33 pm by mushRTID »

I mentioned it was a shocking decision and john didn’t do anything. Admittedly i wasn’t ranting though.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 09, 2019, 07:06:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just seen it and can't see what JM has done wrong there nevermind it being an 'offense'.

This is where the appeal system is wrong if we can't appeal that.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 09, 2019, 07:15:19 pm by PDX_Rover »
It's f**king abysmal. And insane that it can't be appealed. We are now at a significant disadvantage for one game. How the f**k is that fair?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 09, 2019, 07:17:42 pm by GazLaz »
It looks like he’s tried to stop the keeper distributing the ball quickly for the second one. Harsh but I can see what the ref thought he saw.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 09, 2019, 07:21:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
For the supporters who think we can do better without John we will see on Tuesday night. Also John will be ready for Friday night.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 09, 2019, 07:34:21 pm by scawsby steve »
I've said for a long time that we haven't anyone on the books other than Marquis who can play centre forward; we'll find out on Tuesday, and I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 09, 2019, 07:39:38 pm by Dutch Uncle »
It looks like he’s tried to stop the keeper distributing the ball quickly for the second one. Harsh but I can see what the ref thought he saw.

Just seen the video. JM was jogging back normally with the keeper behind him. John was not even looking at anything behind him and was then clattered from behind by the keeper. Totally ludicrous decision.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 09, 2019, 07:40:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Gaz

He did nothing of the sort. The keeper ran past him, grabbing Marquis's arm, then flung him to the ground. Marquis took no action to block the keeper or to contact him.

The fact that the Wimbledon captain made a point of going over to the keeper and fist-bumping him when the ref pulled out the cards raises questions. It did look for all the world like a deliberate action by the keeper.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 09, 2019, 07:46:52 pm by since-1969 »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 09, 2019, 07:59:55 pm by since-1969 »

Don’t you think that was a very clever thing to do , I should have thought it would have been part of their half time talk on how to get him booked again. Marquis was  just unlucky and yet for a serious striker he didn’t see coming . What makes me more concerned that we are just easy to beat . We are not a physical side by reputation and clubs know that, so knowing that your not going to be kick off the pitch means we can’t take it or we’d dish it out . McCann needs to get some grit into this team because no one is going to sit back allow us to just play through them . The more frustrating thing that I think proves my point is the sending off didn’t effect our midfield or defence so the goals we conceded shouldn’t really have occurred with the ease that they did . Playing with one up front shouldn’t have been a problem when we normally have Kane Copps Wilks looking for chances not just Marquis.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 09, 2019, 08:23:36 pm by drfchound »
Gaz

He did nothing of the sort. The keeper ran past him, grabbing Marquis's arm, then flung him to the ground. Marquis took no action to block the keeper or to contact him.

The fact that the Wimbledon captain made a point of going over to the keeper and fist-bumping him when the ref pulled out the cards raises questions. It did look for all the world like a deliberate action by the keeper.

Last weekend there was the case of the Barnsley players actions being reviewed after the game because the ref didn’t see what happened in real time.

Surely then there should be a case for the Marquis second yellow being reviewed because the ref can’t possibly have seen what actually happened otherwise he would have booked their keeper and not John.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 09, 2019, 09:03:09 pm by bobjimwilly »
just seen it on sky sports website. F*ck me what an appalling decision! The keeper fouled John, not the other way around. Its the sort of thing you see week in week out at most games around the Leagues, and never given as a free kick! The ref must have "had it in" for John from some early incidents. Also pretty disgusted to see the Dons player fist bump the keeper straight after, as if a job well done.

Link to vid is here: https://www.skysports.com/football/afc-wdon-vs-doncaster/393515 (incident is 1 min in)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 09, 2019, 09:04:00 pm by PDX_Rover »
Also, a number of Wimbledon players were at the ref to take action. It was a play to get JM carded and the ref bought it. It needs to be rescinded. Potentially, poor decisions have cost us 5 points in the last week.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 09, 2019, 09:18:18 pm by Filo »
What an utter disgrace, the Wimbledon player skipping away in the background as well with pure delight, thats assualt anywhere else but a football pitch by the keeper

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 09, 2019, 09:32:54 pm by drfchound »
In a case like this there should be something that can be done to draw the incident to the attention of the authorities.
Very unjust.
If it was PL and on MOTD it would not be left alone.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 09, 2019, 09:36:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just watched it again. It is quite literally beyond belief. It was a stone cold penalty. And it is clearly a pre-planned thing. The keeper never once showed that level of urgency to release the ball before or after that incident. He's coming running out with the express intention of causing that melee.

If Marquis had grabbed the keeper, there would have been a change in the keeper's momentum. The arm that Marquis grabbed would have suddenly jerked. The keeper would have taken a split second to register what was going on, and he'd almost certainly have stumbled.

None of that happened. The keeper barrelled straight through the...let's be kind and call it a coming together...and flung Marquis to the ground all in one movement. How could he have flung Marquis to the ground if Marquis had hold of the keeper's arm?

Kitson, Kitson, f**king cheating Kitson.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:31:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 09, 2019, 09:37:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Looks a bizarre second yellow, terrible decision.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 09, 2019, 09:40:01 pm by dknward2 »
Its a disgrace we need to send that video into the fa, efl whoever will listen, I don't expect a reversal of John's suspension but maybe we might get some things go our way

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 09, 2019, 09:41:09 pm by drfchound »
Just watched it again. It is quite literally beyond belief. It was a stone cold penalty. And it is clearly a pre-planned thing. The keeper never once showed that level of urgency to release the ball before or after that incident.

The ref can’t have seen what happened but what about the fecking linesman?
Surely he should have done.

This is one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 09, 2019, 09:54:19 pm by Donnywolf »

Don’t you think that was a very clever thing to do , I should have thought it would have been part of their half time talk on how to get him booked again.

.... and it should have been part of ours to get their 7 a Secong Yellow as well especially when we went down to 10 - get in his face

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 09, 2019, 10:18:49 pm by Campsall rover »
Just seen that clip and at the match I thought Marquis had pulled the keeper to the ground but the opposite happened and it was a deliberate ploy by the looks of it.
One of the worst yellow card decisions (which got him sent off) i have ever seen.
Surely video evidence can get this overturned.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 09, 2019, 10:40:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Gaz

Last weekend there was the case of the Barnsley players actions being reviewed after the game because the ref didn’t see what happened in real time.

Surely then there should be a case for the Marquis second yellow being reviewed because the ref can’t possibly have seen what actually happened otherwise he would have booked their keeper and not John.

Just watched the video carefully. The ref was watching the entire incident from ten yards away. How in the name of God's cock has he seen that and come to that decision?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 09, 2019, 10:56:51 pm by drfchound »
Gaz

Just watched the video carefully. The ref was watching the entire incident from ten yards away. How in the name of God's cock has he seen that and come to that decision?

TBF Billy, I have only watched it through once and didn’t see the refs position.
If it is as you say then it it a worse decision than I had at first thought.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012