Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:45:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marosi  (Read 5786 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Marosi
« on March 27, 2019, 08:48:41 am by phil old leake »
After last nights performance let’s hope that all the Marosi knockers on here get off his back. He pulled some really good saves last night

Proved a few doubters wrong last night

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Marosi
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2019, 08:56:26 am by RedJ »
There's some that will never rate him. At the start of the season, he was supposedly too eager to race off his line. Now he gets screamed at to come out of goal.

At the end of the day, Lawlor was paid for from Manchester City and Marko Marosi was a free agent f**ked off from Wigan. That apparently to some means a lot.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2019, 09:05:50 am by Donnywolf »
I think when we had a Poll on the 2 it was like the B****t one - very devisive  55 IL 45 MM

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=268354.msg824233#msg824233

Aisley Drfc Leeman

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2019, 09:26:19 am by Aisley Drfc Leeman »
Always like Marko.  I think he is a prime example of a player biding his time, playing second even third fiddle to his fellow keepers and grabbing his chances when they presented.  Let's remember there have been ample keepers come and gone in Marosi's time with us; Turnbull (possibly?), Steer, Johnstone, Stuckmann and competing for the shirt with Lawsey has brought out the best in him IMO.  Got a great career ahead.  Not many players out there that you can't use the phrase "room for improvement" and that's definitely not a dig.  :scarf:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2019, 09:31:48 am by RoversAlias »
Made some great saves, particularly in the second half when he had to readjust to a deflection off a defender's head, the ball spun over him and was just about in the net but he leapt backwards and clawed it out. Looked even better when replayed on the screen.

He's really good, and I hope he stays for next season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2019, 09:34:27 am by Campsall rover »
What makes Lawler the better keeper is his distribution imo.
Marosi constantly puts us under pressure by throwing the ball out to a player with an opponent behind him. He does it every game and never seems to learn from it. He also doesn’t command his six yard box enough for me and is very hesitant on collecting corners.
Lawler comes out for crosses and corners better than Marosi but punches the ball far too much when a keeper of his height and stature should be catching the ball. Having said that Marosi is an excellent shot stopper and yes has made some outstanding saves this season.
Overall Lawler just edges it for me.
But there are better keepers than both of them at other clubs in League I imo.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:38:09 am by Campsall rover »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2019, 10:11:57 am by RoversAlias »
Personally I think Marosi has excellent distribution by and large. Sometimes he doesn't do it quick enough but he often plays the ball out intelligently and our defenders do a good job with it.

I saw a stat not too long ago on successful passes out by goalkeepers in League One and Marosi was in the top 5 even though he hasn't been first choice for the whole season. This was on numbers and not percentages also.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2019, 10:53:39 am by bobbymax »
Marko is a pretty good keeper at this level. Does most things right and is an excellent shot-stopper. I'd hope he agrees a new contract.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2019, 12:20:07 pm by dickos1 »
I think marosis distribution is what makes him better than lawlor.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 27, 2019, 12:30:31 pm by drfchound »
Not much between the two of them but I prefer Marosi.
On the distribution thing, there is an obvious instruction for the keepers to play the ball out to feet whenever it is possible.
McCann obviously has trust in the ability of our players to be able to handle having players coming to close them down and by and large, they are.

Fans often scream for Marosi to be quicker, or in one blokes often used phrase, make a decision.
If he gives it short they complain the players are being closed down then if he kicks it long they complain that we don’t win the headers etc.

I had to laugh last night.
Two minutes from half time, we are three nil up and Marosi gets the ball from a cross, or maybe a corner.
As the players make their way back to halfway Marosi is taking his time and someone yelled at him to hurry up and kick it.
Why?
It is nearly half time and we are three nil up.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 27, 2019, 12:39:12 pm by Campsall rover »
I think marosis distribution is what makes him better than lawlor.
Your opinion but i would totally disagree. It’s all about opinions and it’s amazing how we all see different things.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 27, 2019, 12:40:10 pm by adamtherover »
top drawer for me last nite,  shame about the penno!!  if you only have 3 things to do all night, do them well!!,  and he more than did that!!!!   

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 27, 2019, 12:42:01 pm by Campsall rover »
top drawer for me last nite,  shame about the penno!!  if you only have 3 things to do all night, do them well!!,  and he more than did that!!!!   
Can’t argue with that.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 27, 2019, 12:42:09 pm by Pancho Regan »
Some very different opinions on here regarding who is the better 'keeper.
I don't think there is much between them to be honest.

What I do know is that Marko saved us on at least two occasions last night with superb stops.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 27, 2019, 12:46:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Personally think lawlor just gives the defence on a whole more stability and confidence whilst marosi is a better shot stopper.  I would like to see stats on shots faced etc as just feel we are more comfortable when lawlor is in goal.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 27, 2019, 01:41:18 pm by RedJ »
Personally think lawlor just gives the defence on a whole more stability and confidence whilst marosi is a better shot stopper.  I would like to see stats on shots faced etc as just feel we are more comfortable when lawlor is in goal.

I'd say it was the other way around on the confidence point.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 27, 2019, 01:57:25 pm by NickDRFC »
I prefer Marosi. I think Lawlor is alright but to be honest was expecting much better given where he came from. I think that given his size he's really poor at commanding his area, and he's always got a mistake in his locker - I can think of 3 or 4 off the top of my head I've seen first hand and I don't get to all that many games these days. Marosi is by no means perfect and has made some mistakes himself but overall I'm much happier with him in goal.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 27, 2019, 01:59:34 pm by Paul Simpson »
We are very fortunate to have 2 superb keepers. Both have different qualities imo . Apparently Louis is very good too .

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 27, 2019, 03:43:51 pm by selby »
  The last game Lawlor played for us at Wycombe he was bloody awful in the last twenty mimutes

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 27, 2019, 03:56:37 pm by roversam »
Marosi has been bloody awful on more occasions than Lawlor imo.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 27, 2019, 04:01:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
We are very fortunate to have 2 superb keepers. Both have different qualities imo . Apparently Louis is very good too .
It will be interesting to see how things will go for next season. I very much doubt we'll hang onto all three, and unlikely we'll keep both Marosi and Lawlor. But I can see how Marosi and Lawlor benefit from being here with McCann who's willing to change them and not soley on injuries.

Assuming we stay in League 1, it would be worth investing more in all 3 with extra coaching etc. Louis would be loaned out.

If we get promoted then it would be a challenge for both Lawlor and Marosi in the higher league with it being possible we'd buy in a new keeper. In which case I'd expect us to keep Marosi (I think he'd be up for being number 2 and learning whilst I suspect Lawlor would want to be more of a number 1 choice), and Louis we'd likely still keep and loan.

But what the feck do I know...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 27, 2019, 04:02:15 pm by RoversAlias »
I do personally think one of the two will leave in the summer and we'll go forward with whichever one stays and Jones as our senior keepers.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 30, 2019, 10:10:30 am by ravenrover »
So by that reckoning it's goodbye and thank you Marosi

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 30, 2019, 11:19:34 am by phil old leake »
Marosi would find another club easily but I think with the way he’s played recently it would be a shame if he left. 
I don’t think we’d get any money for him I think he’s out of contract.   

Unless that’s why lawlor has been given a contract so we can get money for him.  If either leave I’m quite confident that jones is more than capable or being the number 2.  It’s a shame he can’t get a game in something like the plastic cup so he can be properly assessed

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 30, 2019, 11:45:03 am by since-1969 »
we Have two very good keepers and not matter what ambitious team either of them went too there will still be another keeper their who is as good . So!!! Stay and fight for your turn and when it comes,  fight to keep it . Simples. !

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 30, 2019, 01:36:12 pm by idler »
At least GM has proved that he is willing to stick with a keeper in form but isn't afraid to change if one slips a bit.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 30, 2019, 01:45:18 pm by graingrover »
On his way to Peterborough next season !

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 30, 2019, 06:17:40 pm by esdailles left foot »
Billy the fish springs to mind

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 30, 2019, 10:13:29 pm by Pancho Regan »
On his way to Peterborough next season !

Do you have this on authority?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 30, 2019, 10:31:56 pm by graingrover »
No I don’t have it on authority but if he does not get a contract here It seems a likely place for him to go as too Mason and Rowe.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012