Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 02:19:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Club doncaster  (Read 13464 times)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Club doncaster
« Reply #60 on June 19, 2019, 10:36:46 am by keith79 »
Anyone else worried that we can not compete with Fleetwood regarding wages
No because they could be spending well above their means to get there players

Well said Dave.

I didn't realise this was a competition to see who could spend more money on an average left back.
he was not average last season, and of he was average why did we offer him a contract in the first place.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on June 19, 2019, 12:06:02 pm by silent majority »

Well said Dave.

I didn't realise this was a competition to see who could spend more money on an average left back.
he was not average last season, and of he was average why did we offer him a contract in the first place.

He was very poor at the beginning of the season. He improved as the season went on and finished better than he started. That makes him average over the length of the season. We offered him a contract based on him being an improving left back, which is why we gave him an improved contract.

But your point, that we can't compete with Fleetwood on wages, is just poppycock, based on nothing other than we cancelled negotiations with a player because he prevaricated for far too long.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 19, 2019, 12:08:26 pm by Campsall rover »

Well said Dave.

He was very poor at the beginning of the season. He improved as the season went on and finished better than he started. That makes him average over the length of the season. We offered him a contract based on him being an improving left back, which is why we gave him an improved contract.

But your point, that we can't compete with Fleetwood on wages, is just poppycock, based on nothing other than we cancelled negotiations with a player because he prevaricated for far too long.
Exactly as GM says if he isn’t committed to being a DRFC player then :byebye:

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 19, 2019, 02:28:16 pm by Barmby Rover »
There is no doubt that we have lost significant players, and seem set to lose more, maybe even the manager. Currently we have gained what looks like three decent players, a defender and two midfielders, the big problem may be if we lose a goal scorer, that is an expensive item to replace. There is good reason why we should be anxious about how things are developing, but then there is time to sort it out. Patience is a virtue folks, calm down.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 19, 2019, 02:48:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The OP seems to have gone quiet.

Ziggazaggarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 19, 2019, 03:10:14 pm by Ziggazaggarover »
Still waiting on my answer on how does club Doncaster generate more income than Doncaster rovers , Doncaster rovers comes under club Doncaster so take the accounts mean nothing really as most of the sponsorship and commercial revenue is down to the rovers what is showing on club doncasters accounts. Also most clubs have foundations and work in the community without having to acquire a rugby team that struggles and a women's football team that also struggles to make ends meet

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 19, 2019, 03:38:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Still waiting on my answer on how does club Doncaster generate more income than Doncaster rovers , Doncaster rovers comes under club Doncaster so take the accounts mean nothing really as most of the sponsorship and commercial revenue is down to the rovers what is showing on club doncasters accounts. Also most clubs have foundations and work in the community without having to acquire a rugby team that struggles and a women's football team that also struggles to make ends meet

I've personally told you Club Doncaster helps us have a bigger budget and the reason why. It'd be smaller without.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 19, 2019, 03:55:54 pm by silent majority »

You havn't structured your question in a logical way, and you've demonstrated a lack of understanding of how the club works. How can anybody answer that?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on June 19, 2019, 03:58:43 pm by the vicar »
Club Doncaster is a vanity project.
ask John Ryan.

The guy who wanted to sell
Us to a hedge fund?
NO the man that saved the club from extinction the took us to the championship

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on June 19, 2019, 04:00:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Club Doncaster is a vanity project.
ask John Ryan.

The guy who wanted to sell
Us to a hedge fund?
NO the man that saved the club from extinction the took us to the championship

Not both?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 19, 2019, 04:02:02 pm by the vicar »
He dint try to sell us to a hedge fund, he was bringing them in has financial support

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on June 19, 2019, 04:05:45 pm by silent majority »
He dint try to sell us to a hedge fund, he was bringing them in has financial support

No, no, no, Dave.

So wrong!

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 19, 2019, 04:07:46 pm by Rovers Return »

🤣🤣😂😂 Hedge Fund 😂😂😂😂Financial Support 😂😂😂😂😂Oh my sides!!!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 19, 2019, 04:08:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Yeah, hedge funds are so well known for their generosity without any expectations of returns, aren't they?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on June 19, 2019, 04:21:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Indeed those investors who invest in funds to help them out.....

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 19, 2019, 04:24:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
God only knows who Sequentia Capital were - but strictly speaking they were not a hedge fund. The definition of a hedge fund is an investment fund that uses a range of financial instruments to deliver an absolute return ie even in a market going backwards, they are going forwards - hence ‘hedging’ against adverse outcomes using swaps, options, etc.

Sequentia Capital likely had an investment strategy closer to private equity in that they take ownership of an entity through leverage and hold for 3-5 years, disposing at a higher price than they acquired (probably by having Rovers in a higher division) but with risk of all debt used for acquisition being left with the club rather than the financial sponsor (Sequentia Capital).

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 19, 2019, 04:27:30 pm by the vicar »
It matters not you people can never let it go and just think that If it was not for JR none of us would have had a club to support at all

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 19, 2019, 04:47:40 pm by Paul Simpson »
Well said vicar!!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on June 19, 2019, 04:49:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It matters not you people can never let it go and just think that If it was not for JR none of us would have had a club to support at all

So you think when someone posts crap we should just 'let it go' instead of correcting it?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 19, 2019, 04:57:25 pm by the vicar »

No, no, no, Dave.

So wrong!

he dint own the club to try and sell it but people just forget what he did for the people of Doncaster and only remember that he was saying he was seeking legal advice on some slandering him and I don't blame him

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 19, 2019, 05:09:44 pm by the vicar »

So you think when someone posts crap we should just 'let it go' instead of correcting it?
how can you correct it, when. JR was here there was bad things said and done from both sides not just one there always is two sides now let's get on with supporting our club

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on June 19, 2019, 05:41:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

how can you correct it, when. JR was here there was bad things said and done from both sides not just one there always is two sides now let's get on with supporting our club

So bringing in a hedge fund for 'financial support' was correct then, was it?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 19, 2019, 05:48:08 pm by the vicar »
I never said it was did I just point me to where I said that. JR taking us from near out of business to the championship realy irks you you poor lost sole

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 19, 2019, 05:50:55 pm by the vicar »
Support your and my club relax you might just enjoy the season, if the JR thing dunt get you into bad

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on June 19, 2019, 06:11:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I never said it was did I just point me to where I said that. JR taking us from near out of business to the championship realy irks you you poor lost sole

No, you never said he was bringing them in for financial support, did you? :silly:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on June 19, 2019, 06:20:52 pm by dickos1 »

Well said Dave.

And maybe also that Morris has signed for them over us?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 19, 2019, 06:21:13 pm by the vicar »
You are a silly little man, you never realise when you are being wound up lol.  Just sit back and enjoy your football man, I know you don't like me that dunt bother me it just amuses me no end

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 19, 2019, 06:21:23 pm by Bessie Red »
He certainly did save us from possible extinction but he didn't on his own take us to the Championship.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 19, 2019, 06:23:03 pm by the vicar »
Fleetwood are going to get themselves in to some right strife weather its finally or fair play

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 19, 2019, 06:26:22 pm by the vicar »
He certainly did save us from possible extinction but he didn't on his own take us to the Championship.
just remember what he did for us lol and as I said just enjoy your football

TinyPortal © 2005-2012