Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 10:59:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whos going to be Moore's first signing  (Read 35757 times)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
Re: Whos going to be Moore's first signing
« Reply #300 on July 23, 2019, 09:12:59 pm by redarmy82 »
Well we’re all waiting for this group of quality signings who were lined up to come in, only the amazing will Atkinson has been mentioned, destination championship???????

You could've gone along tonight and asked questions if you're that arsed.

Maybe some people have other commitments? I'm currently 200 miles away, so because I couldn't be arsed to go, does that mean I shouldn't know what was asked?

Someone else full of their own self importance.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #301 on July 23, 2019, 09:18:57 pm by Cameron Rowe »
Still looks like were not going to bring players in after tonight sounds like were happy with the squad weve got im not confident but hopefully the lads prove me wrong. We need at least 4 or 5 more signings tbh.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #302 on July 23, 2019, 09:48:26 pm by RedJ »
Well we’re all waiting for this group of quality signings who were lined up to come in, only the amazing will Atkinson has been mentioned, destination championship???????

Maybe some people have other commitments? I'm currently 200 miles away, so because I couldn't be arsed to go, does that mean I shouldn't know what was asked?

Sorry, forgot to look into my crystal ball before posting to see exactly where you were and what you having for tea tonight.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #303 on July 23, 2019, 09:49:12 pm by redarmy82 »

Sorry, forgot to look into my crystal ball before posting to see exactly where you were and what you having for tea tonight.

Jog on pal. You're really not funny.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #304 on July 23, 2019, 09:50:02 pm by RedJ »

Good thing I wasn't trying to amuse you then eh.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #305 on July 23, 2019, 09:50:53 pm by redarmy82 »

Maybe try keeping your mouth shut then.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #306 on July 23, 2019, 09:51:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »
#TeamRedJ x

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #307 on July 23, 2019, 09:52:13 pm by RedJ »

Nah

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #308 on July 23, 2019, 09:52:53 pm by redarmy82 »

Nah

Clear case of keyboard warrior syndrome here.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #309 on July 23, 2019, 09:53:24 pm by Retdon1 »
Spent some time today chatting with the club about a range of issues.

Everything is in hand, don't worry!

I know you can’t say specific details but can you expand on what was discussed ?

We covered an awful lot of ground today, across a lot of different topic areas, which is quite normal for us. But when discussing players it was clear that DM has 4 in his sights, but he will take his time. Some of those he needs are currently on tour etc, so it will take a few days to sort out.

But there's definitely no panicking on the clubs behalf.

So that’s youngsters from premier league clubs. Let’s hope he can find another Kane and Wilkes. I guess with his knowledge of under 23 football, he will know who to target.... I do feel though that we need a few experienced players of our own too though. With everyone that has gone this summer, they should be a good healthy budget for Moore to play with.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #310 on July 23, 2019, 09:55:35 pm by RedJ »

Nah

Clear case of keyboard warrior syndrome here.

Oh aye. Definitely. Have a nice evening spadge x

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #311 on July 23, 2019, 09:56:38 pm by silent majority »

I know you can’t say specific details but can you expand on what was discussed ?

We covered an awful lot of ground today, across a lot of different topic areas, which is quite normal for us. But when discussing players it was clear that DM has 4 in his sights, but he will take his time. Some of those he needs are currently on tour etc, so it will take a few days to sort out.

So that’s youngsters from premier league clubs. Let’s hope he can find another Kane and Wilkes. I guess with his knowledge of under 23 football, he will know who to target.... I do feel though that we need a few experienced players of our own too though. With everyone that has gone this summer, they should be a good healthy budget for Moore to play with.

That was mentioned, he has been made aware that the money is there if he needs it.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #312 on July 23, 2019, 09:58:26 pm by Retdon1 »

That was mentioned, he has been made aware that the money is there if he needs it.

Can you see anything happening this week or will it be a case of wait until a day or 2 before the first game like with Kane last year and houghton and mason previously?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #313 on July 23, 2019, 10:03:43 pm by silent majority »

Can you see anything happening this week or will it be a case of wait until a day or 2 before the first game like with Kane last year and houghton and mason previously?

I try not to go into detail about players. There's no point if I can't repeat what I'm told. So, we discussed the general situation and how DM was approaching recruitment. Nothing too specific, but talks are going ahead, DM has plenty of support from within the game and something should happen soon, but it may go into next week depending on others rather than us. But make no mistake, things are being investigated, looked at, discussed etc etc. DM knows what he wants.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #314 on July 23, 2019, 10:07:17 pm by Retdon1 »

I try not to go into detail about players. There's no point if I can't repeat what I'm told. So, we discussed the general situation and how DM was approaching recruitment. Nothing too specific, but talks are going ahead, DM has plenty of support from within the game and something should happen soon, but it may go into next week depending on others rather than us. But make no mistake, things are being investigated, looked at, discussed etc etc. DM knows what he wants.

That’s good to hear. A lot of fans, my self included can see we are a fair bit short if we are to have a serious chance of promotion again this season and with time ticking on, are justified in being worried due to a lack of transfer activity.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #315 on July 23, 2019, 10:25:26 pm by no eyed deer »
Even the most optimistic of fans would have thought we would have signed at least a couple by now, but being told it could be next week.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #316 on July 23, 2019, 10:52:12 pm by silent majority »
Even the most optimistic of fans would have thought we would have signed at least a couple by now, but being told it could be next week.

He ain't going to sign anybody just to please you, that's painfully obvious.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #317 on July 23, 2019, 11:10:12 pm by dickos1 »
to be fair SM you did state on here that we had a number of players lined up to sign a couple of weeks ago and signings that would be ones that would excite us.
But two weeks later Moore states he’s still trying to find the correct players to sign.
Moore also stated when he was first appointed that he knew that a lot of last years squad had now left and would need replacing.

It’s just the time of year, and there’s no games to take the concentration off signings, but there does seem to be cross messages coming from the club, from a couple of weeks ago to now

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #318 on July 23, 2019, 11:24:48 pm by no eyed deer »

He ain't going to sign anybody just to please you, that's painfully obvious.

Ok spin doctor

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #319 on July 23, 2019, 11:25:38 pm by sha66y »

That’s probably me! ( most optimistic fan)
and you are wrong.....I’m not sat there gnawing my knuckles , screaming at the blank pages of our recent transfer activity.,
I’m sat here wondering how people can be so reactive to “no bad” news!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #320 on July 24, 2019, 04:52:58 am by roversdude »
I’m not denying the squad is a little thin at the moment but to say we haven’t signed anyone is factually incorrect. To date James, Halliday, Gomes signed Sheaf on loan.
Premier teams have not named their squads yet so there will be plenty available

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #321 on July 24, 2019, 05:25:28 am by Nudga »

Ooo you're hard

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #322 on July 24, 2019, 06:40:41 am by since-1969 »

God, give it a rest eh? You’re clearly on a wind up and you’re making yourself look a bit daft now. If you want to troll get yoursen on Twitter
So he was wrong then .... there are signings coming in ?  Let this sink in ., GB tells only what you need to hear and that we have a funds available but will not say if there for  loans or signings . The budget was agreed on an 18 man squad and on a fixed budget . Players that have come in were agreed before DM arrived and players leaving the same . DM took the job on face value and will work with what he has unless a major change happens ie injuries or Marquis/ Whiteman departures . So until this occurs loans if and when we need them . 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #323 on July 24, 2019, 07:04:48 am by DonnyOsmond »

God, give it a rest eh? You’re clearly on a wind up and you’re making yourself look a bit daft now. If you want to troll get yoursen on Twitter
So he was wrong then .... there are signings coming in ?  Let this sink in ., GB tells only what you need to hear and that we have a funds available but will not say if there for  loans or signings . The budget was agreed on an 18 man squad and on a fixed budget . Players that have come in were agreed before DM arrived and players leaving the same . DM took the job on face value and will work with what he has unless a major change happens ie injuries or Marquis/ Whiteman departures . So until this occurs loans if and when we need them . 

We always have a fixed budget? I guess it would be 18 man budget at the top quality of player but we can dilute it and get 24 man budget at a weaker quality. That's how budgets work.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #324 on July 24, 2019, 07:26:27 am by Michael Gibson »
With the funds available scenario yet again appearing for its annual statement, the lack of expenditure over several years means we must have enough for messi now.... it all makes sense.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #325 on July 24, 2019, 07:42:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

You have your fixed viewpoint and have no intention of changing that viewpoint because you can't see or refuse to explore other alternatives. You cannot get your head around what you think are mixed messages. You cannot reason why that might be therefore there has to be a conspiracy/an agenda to hide what you believe is the truth.

That's fine, we understand your viewpoint. You don't have to repeat it every day.

DM is a much more qualified and respected coach than any of us and is developing his strategy to achieve success. His methods may differ to those you might expect. There are different approaches to achieving the same thing.

There is no guarantee for success but I trust his judgement and believe he has as much, if not more chance of succeeding than his recent predecessors.

Sit back, relax, enjoy the rest of the summer, see how things unfold and try not to nit pick and reinterpret everything you hear or read.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #326 on July 24, 2019, 08:07:57 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
And if you need any further clarification of this, refer to Jonathan's post on the other thread.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #327 on July 24, 2019, 08:35:00 am by Herbert Anchovy »

The point is the tone of the comments, the sarcastic veiled digs at the club, the suggestion that there's no desire to get into the Championship. It's dull, tiresome, boring and wrong. If the club decide that the current squad is good enough for promotion then Im happy to go with their opinion over that of supporters who've absolutely no idea whatsoever about running a football club.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #328 on July 24, 2019, 08:46:57 am by NickDRFC »

The point is the tone of the comments, the sarcastic veiled digs at the club, the suggestion that there's no desire to get into the Championship. It's dull, tiresome, boring and wrong. If the club decide that the current squad is good enough for promotion then Im happy to go with their opinion over that of supporters who've absolutely no idea whatsoever about running a football club.

I agree with most of what you say except the last sentence - there’s no indication that the club think the squad as it stands is good enough for promotion. If the window had shut then you’d possibly be right but I just can’t see us embarking on the season and aiming for promotion with what we have.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #329 on July 24, 2019, 08:58:04 am by drfchound »
to be fair SM you did state on here that we had a number of players lined up to sign a couple of weeks ago and signings that would be ones that would excite us.
But two weeks later Moore states he’s still trying to find the correct players to sign.
Moore also stated when he was first appointed that he knew that a lot of last years squad had now left and would need replacing.

It’s just the time of year, and there’s no games to take the concentration off signings, but there does seem to be cross messages coming from the club, from a couple of weeks ago to now

I have to agree with you on this Dickos.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012