Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:49:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 125043 times)

foxbat

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #1710 on October 21, 2020, 11:47:08 am by foxbat »
@BorisJohnson_MP

How to negotiate with northerners:
-Andy Burnham wants £90m
-we offer £60m
-he drops to £65m
-we give him £22m

#DailyBriefing
#BorisHasFailedTheNation

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1711 on October 21, 2020, 12:03:34 pm by drfchound »
On the bbc news this morning they said that the £60m that was offered is still on the table.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1712 on October 21, 2020, 01:00:14 pm by Filo »
On the bbc news this morning they said that the £60m that was offered is still on the table.

So why is the whole of South Yorkshire only getting £41M

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1713 on October 21, 2020, 01:23:56 pm by River Don »
The £41 mil will be based on population size and so should be comparable to Liverpool, Lancs and Manchester.

The government have now dropped the pretence of going through a negotiation with the regions. It sounds like S Yorks were given a take it or leave it offer before restrictions were announced.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1714 on October 21, 2020, 01:24:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

We have a much lower population than GM.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1715 on October 21, 2020, 01:47:49 pm by Donnywolf »

41 Mill is less than Jenrick baled his mate out when he stepped in - and saved him £50 mill

Bent if you ask me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1716 on October 21, 2020, 02:17:20 pm by Filo »

41 Mill is less than Jenrick baled his mate out when he stepped in - and saved him £50 mill

Bent if you ask me.

Bent as an Arabs dagger 😀😀😀

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1717 on October 31, 2020, 09:45:14 pm by SydneyRover »
Good to see priorities are in order, fullsteam ahead for inquiry into leaks from No10, inquiry into russian interference nyet.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1718 on November 02, 2020, 10:59:54 am by Donnywolf »
Johnson has "wimped out" again by the look of it - this time out of the CBI Conference

Not unreasonably there would have been many questions re how EU will work from Jan1 - with businesses desperate to know what it means for them

Also the Virus and latest lockdown implications for business and businesses going forward

They are alleging on some TV News programmes that he has decided to give it a swerve and the latest I saw was another of those (to me *) skin crawling Cabinet Ministers Alok Sharma who has of course managed to get Build Back Better in already despite having been speaking only about a minute

* my personal view is he is a useless "yes man" but others may disagree with that nd so we will have to agree to disagree

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #1719 on November 03, 2020, 10:36:22 am by Colin C No.3 »
So now Johnson declares the current lockdown will end on December 2nd....3 days before it's even started!

Shades of "It'll be over by Christmas".

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1720 on November 03, 2020, 11:48:13 am by Donnywolf »
He doesnt mind going out on a limb with the predictions does he and largely they dont come to fruition

On this one though he is on "a free shot" because (should this Lockdown be ratified by HOC) it will by Law end on December the Second

If it does he will probably claim credit for getting the date / length of the lockdown correct BUT if things are still dire he will need to extend the Lockdown and will say no doubt - we have no alternative - and we are following the science

That I imagine will be publicised as well as this latest lockdown - and will then have to be ratified again and again have an end date 

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1721 on November 03, 2020, 12:53:04 pm by ravenrover »
The lockdown will end and the tier system will be back on with possibly a tier 4 which would probably resemble the new lockdown JMHO

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1722 on November 03, 2020, 08:51:40 pm by drfchound »
It would be sensible to extend the lockdown by a further two weeks to mid December so that the rate has come down sufficiently enough to allow people to get together by Christmas.
People will do that anyway so why not make it safer to do so.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #1723 on November 03, 2020, 10:30:19 pm by Janso »
It would be sensible to extend the lockdown by a further two weeks to mid December so that the rate has come down sufficiently enough to allow people to get together by Christmas.

Time it to coincide with the Christmas school holidays if they're intent on extending but not for a matter of months.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1724 on November 03, 2020, 10:36:08 pm by drfchound »

Time it to coincide with the Christmas school holidays if they're intent on extending but not for a matter of months.

It will have to happen to keep the R rate down.
Irrespective of whether we are in lockdown or not people will still head off to see relatives at Christmas.
people i know have already said as much to me.
Just look at how people re breaking the rules even now.
On the local news tonight it was reported that nine £200 fines were issued to householders who held halloween parties for lots of people, on had over 70 people there.
I suppose someone will come on it say that those numbers are miniscule and wont make any difference but that is just poppycock.
Lots of little numbers add up to big ones.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1725 on November 03, 2020, 11:17:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound. I was listening to an epidemiologist on the radio last week saying very forcefully that, while the newsworthy events of breaking the social distancing rules are very regrettable and wrong, they weren't the driver of the current outbreak. It is more the many, many tens of thousands of small scale interactions. His point was, don't just blame it on a few idiots. It's down to all of us to be as careful as we can possibly be.

That message is unarguably clear in the trends we have seen for months. During the first lockdown, there were several publicised examples of big gatherings. VE Day parties. BLM protests. Bank Holiday beaches. But they barely caused a blip on the constant decay in new infections. Then we re-opened en masse in July and pretty much overnight the positive cases started going up. It's there in black and white.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1726 on November 05, 2020, 04:33:56 pm by drfchound »
What a shock.
As I also said, lots of little numbers add up to big numbers.
I wonder how many idiots will say it won?t matter if we have a bonfire party tonight because although it is wrong to do it there will be other people who are wrong as well.
Two wrongs don?t make a right do they.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1727 on November 05, 2020, 05:50:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

I know what you said. The point is that, according to the epidemiologist that I heard, it's NOT lot's of examples of willful/criminal breaking of the social distancing requirements that is adding up to a lot, much as they get your attention in the news. It's the sum of the very, VERY many more slightly careless or unlucky breaks. You keep looking round for an easy someone to blame the second wave on and the idiots who get highlighted on the news are a good target. But the more difficult truth seems to be that it's really down to all of us making little mistakes.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1728 on November 05, 2020, 06:27:11 pm by drfchound »
FFS, do I have to spell it out to you.
I know perfectly well what the issue is but when people say it isn?t these groups of idiots who are the main super spreaders of the virus then they are likely to carry on doing what they like.
They might catch my attention but I am sure there will be plenty of  other people who don?t like them either so I am not sure why you have decided to pick out my posts on the subject.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1729 on November 09, 2020, 11:20:17 am by SydneyRover »
I may be wrong here but I don't think I've witnessed another period of government that has involved so much litigation either by themselves or by others against them than over the past few years.

''UK government fails to publish details of

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #1730 on November 09, 2020, 05:32:32 pm by Janso »
I may be wrong here but I don't think I've witnessed another period of government that has involved so much litigation either by themselves or by others against them than over the past few years.

''UK government fails to publish details of

I know it's cos the website is having a hard time being functional at the moment but this cutting off was perfect.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1731 on November 09, 2020, 07:45:57 pm by SydneyRover »
obviously didn't notice myself either

TinyPortal © 2005-2012