Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:13:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis  (Read 55670 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Marquis
« Reply #480 on July 31, 2019, 05:30:58 pm by IDM »
Whilst we may start the season short of a full squad, the transfer window doesn’t shut until September.  Today it is still July.

6 League games from now until September, lets hope we go injury free till then with our starting 11, because there is no back up at all

I didn’t mean we don’t need to sign anyone until just before the end of the window..!
So when do we need to sign them by?

Any time between today and the end of the window, ideally closer to today, that goes without saying..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #481 on July 31, 2019, 05:31:56 pm by Campsall rover »
I honestly don’t know why we get drawn into replying to some of these people. They can’t seriously be serious can they?

They just seem to be living on another planet in a different solar system.
I can’t really believe they are supporters of our club and actually attend any matches.
If they do why?
Someone help me please.  :crying:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 06:21:56 pm by Campsall rover »

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #482 on July 31, 2019, 05:35:19 pm by Cramby10 »
I think it’s symptomatic of society today.
So much p*ssing and whining. They need to get a f**king grip!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #483 on July 31, 2019, 05:45:32 pm by sha66y »
I honestly don’t know why we get drawn into replying to some of these people. They can’t seriously be serious can they?

They just seem to be living on anther planet in a different solar system.
I can’t really believe they are supporters of our club and actually attend any matches.
If they do why?
Someone help me please.  :crying:

Some looked at the chalk board and listened  .......and some looked out the window

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #484 on July 31, 2019, 05:50:44 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Looks like the Board are happy to stay in the top ten of league one! From some of the posts I’ve seen on here the Championship is an expensive league to be in. Most clubs losing £15 million per annum. I’m just disappointed that we have sold to a rival club as this Forum is going to be Hell for at least 12 months!

Please justify your opening statement.?
Because I have not seen anything in recent weeks to suggest otherwise, and today a rival club has forked out £2 million on a proven 20 plus goal scorer. And what have we done ? Sold a 20 plus goal scorer to a rival team. It doesn’t take any working out does it? Let’s see what happens in the next few days.

Yes it’s the clubs fault I mean Marquis is totally blameless isn’t he. He couldn’t have anything to do with him being sold could he?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #485 on July 31, 2019, 05:53:29 pm by silent majority »
I think it's fair to say that the club tried their best to keep him. It's not for want of trying, but JM wanted away. He didn't get what he wanted, as in Championship football, but he got his move away from this club.

Let's move on.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #486 on July 31, 2019, 06:02:59 pm by Jonathan »
I think it's fair to say that the club tried their best to keep him. It's not for want of trying, but JM wanted away. He didn't get what he wanted, as in Championship football, but he got his move away from this club.

Let's move on.

I hope we have something to move on to very soon. We need it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #487 on July 31, 2019, 06:04:14 pm by dickos1 »
We shouldn’t be showing him any malleus for wanting to leave. Almost all of our better players have left over the years.
What he’s done for us has been nothing short of remarkable and he’ll be in our history books forever now.

I’m desperately hoping the club have already had fees agreed for his replacement, May up front on Saturday isn’t a pretty thought.
If we now have 2 million on top of the budget which is bigger than last season and with all the players that have left we should be spending more than we ever have before over the next few weeks

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #488 on July 31, 2019, 06:08:18 pm by Copps is Magic »
Moore said on the Radio Sheffield thing that the club have put in two offers for players.

It wasn't reported on here because someone obviously picked out the negatives, but its something.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #489 on July 31, 2019, 06:15:54 pm by Michael Shaw »
A master-stroke by Pompey to scupper us at the eleventh hour.

Marquis and Wilks scored 37 league goals between them. We need strikers who can make up that sort of shortfall.

Moore clearly can't make up his mind about players as he was going to make decisions days ago and time is running out. If we are not in the top half of the table at Christmas the love affair with Moore will soon turn sour. A loss to Gillingham will give us a negative start.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #490 on July 31, 2019, 06:28:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A master-stroke by Pompey to scupper us at the eleventh hour.

Marquis and Wilks scored 37 league goals between them. We need strikers who can make up that sort of shortfall.

Moore clearly can't make up his mind about players as he was going to make decisions days ago and time is running out. If we are not in the top half of the table at Christmas the love affair with Moore will soon turn sour. A loss to Gillingham will give us a negative start.

Not exactly the 11th hour.

Yes, we need players to make up some of that shortfall.

What evidence is there to say DM can't make his mind up. Just because he doesn't publish his thoughts for your benefit doesn't mean anything.

Correct. A loss would be a negative start. 45 games, 9 months remaining.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #491 on July 31, 2019, 06:28:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I hold no ill will to him, he's done brilliant for us getting somewhere like 70 goals in 3 seasons. He's had a kid and wants to move closer to his partners parents, which is fair enough and will be going to what I believe is the strongest team in the league. Sounds like we're getting decent money for him too and the fact we've tried to offer him a deal is positive. Annoying he'll be going to another League One team and if we don't get anyone in soon we could be playing catch up.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #492 on July 31, 2019, 06:37:51 pm by drfc1951 »
He possibly wanted a move, to get away from our idiot fans that were giving him abuse every game.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #493 on July 31, 2019, 06:40:49 pm by Al4475 »
Think this was the first reference to JM on the forum - this was in the week most people expected JR and LT to usurp TB, DW and co - to no avail obviously and clearly, in hindsight, never a possibility.

This was from raggytash in 2014 - there were more folk hoping the 'marquis signing' should the takeover happen was the Marquis de Sade or Paul Marquis (name from the past - lol)

"John Marquis? Not sure he'd turn many heads though"

How times change.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 06:46:56 pm by Al4475 »

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #494 on July 31, 2019, 06:46:44 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
My last memory of John will be him nodding home against Charlton to send me (& 1300 others) into absolute dream land. Can't put a price on that. (Penalty miss is irrelevant)

Thanks John. Miss you already. Hope you get better treatment off the Pompy fans rather than the abuse you've had to take off some of our supporters who've never kicked a ball in their life.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #495 on July 31, 2019, 07:06:20 pm by Dare to dream! »
My last memory of John will be him nodding home against Charlton to send me (& 1300 others) into absolute dream land. Can't put a price on that. (Penalty miss is irrelevant)

Thanks John. Miss you already. Hope you get better treatment off the Pompy fans rather than the abuse you've had to take off some of our supporters who've never kicked a ball in their life.

Unbelievable game. Although we lost I think it’s up there in my top 5 games. The atmosphere and limbs in the away were just incredible.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #496 on July 31, 2019, 07:08:23 pm by drfchound »

Unbelievable game. Although we lost I think it’s up there in my top 5 games. The atmosphere and limbs in the away were just incredible.

It should be remembered that we actually won the game.
We just lost the shoot out.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #497 on July 31, 2019, 07:10:16 pm by Michael Shaw »
We obviously disagree. Baz.
I think 2-3 days off the first game IS the eleventh hour and had we stolen a star striker from Sunderland, Ipswich or Portsmouth I would be laughing my socks off.
The 37 goals Marquis and Wilkes scored only just scraped us into 6th, I would say we need strikers to score even more if we want to finish higher and there is no-one in the current squad who will get anywhere near that.
Evidence? Did Moore not say he only needed another 24 hours to decide on Ward and Baptiste, and that was last week. He doesn’t need to publish his thoughts, he just needs to make up his mind.
If we want to at least achieve the same success as last year we need similar results throughout. Some of us will be watching closely based on facts and not just faith or hope.

And as for Marquis, good luck to the lad. He has done us well, as did Butler, Rowe and Marosi.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #498 on July 31, 2019, 07:13:08 pm by Metalmicky »

Did Moore not say he only needed another 24 hours to decide on Ward and Baptiste, and that was last week. Monday

He doesn’t need to publish his thoughts, he just needs to make up his mind. Who says he hasn't ?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #499 on July 31, 2019, 07:19:49 pm by Jonathan »
I’m hoping DM has made his mind up on Ward and Baptiste and that’s precisely why they’ve not signed. With the budget we have we should expect better. Especially now.

Baptiste would be decent cover and that’s it. Our central defensive options would still be weaker than last season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #500 on July 31, 2019, 07:21:25 pm by drfchound »
Looks like the Board are happy to stay in the top ten of league one! From some of the posts I’ve seen on here the Championship is an expensive league to be in. Most clubs losing £15 million per annum. I’m just disappointed that we have sold to a rival club as this Forum is going to be Hell for at least 12 months!

Please justify your opening statement.?
Because I have not seen anything in recent weeks to suggest otherwise, and today a rival club has forked out £2 million on a proven 20 plus goal scorer. And what have we done ? Sold a 20 plus goal scorer to a rival team. It doesn’t take any working out does it? Let’s see what happens in the next few days.

Ah, so things haven’t happened immediately to your satisfaction then..

Has Marquis actually gone yet.?  Did you read the DFP site about the club looking for replacement.?

Well Wiki still says he plays for Doncaster Rovers.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #501 on July 31, 2019, 07:24:34 pm by the vicar »

Let's move on.

they tried but 8 months to late

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #502 on July 31, 2019, 07:27:54 pm by eastender »
I'm expecting an announcement tomorrow saying that both Ward and Baptiste have signed 1 year deals.
Then maybe a loan deal on Friday , followed by 1 permanent signing whenever it is complete.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #503 on July 31, 2019, 07:31:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Did Moore not say he only needed another 24 hours to decide on Ward and Baptiste, and that was last week. Monday

He doesn’t need to publish his thoughts, he just needs to make up his mind. Who says he hasn't ?

Yes, and maybe one of the factors in saying he was taking another 24 hrs, was the knowledge that the Marquis situation was coming to a head. Who knows, he may have had second thoughts with a view to signing even better players.

It's difficult for any manager in the public spotlight when you know people are hanging on your every word.

Again, let's see how things pan out. It's not the first time and won't be the last.

I don't expect things to click into place immediately preferring us to use the funds wisely rather than let the imminent first game affect the long term thinking.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #504 on July 31, 2019, 07:32:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I’m hoping DM has made his mind up on Ward and Baptiste and that’s precisely why they’ve not signed. With the budget we have we should expect better. Especially now.

Baptiste would be decent cover and that’s it. Our central defensive options would still be weaker than last season.
Baptiste is only seen as cover

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #505 on July 31, 2019, 07:33:55 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Let's move on.

they tried but 8 months to late

Not the clubs fault vicar you can’t make someone who wants to leave stay

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #506 on July 31, 2019, 07:36:42 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
A few weeks ago, DM was the best thing since sliced bread for everyone on here. So it makes sense to trust him to manage things. We’ve lost JM which of course is a blow, but let’s allow DM to do his thing and let’s see where we are at the business end of the season.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #507 on July 31, 2019, 07:42:22 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

The Andy Butler song I'll take to the grave with me. Brilliant.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #508 on July 31, 2019, 07:46:37 pm by Al4475 »
Has it been confirmed he's gone yet?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #509 on July 31, 2019, 07:46:52 pm by drfchound »

The Andy Butler song I'll take to the grave with me. Brilliant.

In the second half a couple of Scottish lads came and stood next to me.
They were former school pals and still good friends with Ali Crawford.
We have some great banter and when Butts scored they jumped all over me and the other lads in our vicinity, like you do when it’s mates you have always known.
Brilliant atmosphere.

By the way, after the game I realised they had nicked my wallet !!

(That last bit isn’t true).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012