Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:48:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull contact Whiteman........apparently  (Read 21906 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Re: Hull contact Whiteman........apparently
« Reply #30 on August 05, 2019, 05:55:53 pm by Retdon1 »
I know he only had 10 months left on his contract but if a proven 20+ goal a season League 1 striker has gone for less than £2 million, I can’t see a central midfielder going for more. That being said he’s far to important to us to sell and I would be telling them the price is £5 million, either pay it or come back in 12 months. I wouldn’t have thought Moore would have made him captain if there was any doubt he wouldn’t still be here after Thursday

He signed a 3.5 year deal in January 2018.

I’m referring to marquis in my opening line

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 05, 2019, 05:58:09 pm by Copps is Magic »
One way or the other, this would have to happen before Thursday right?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 05, 2019, 06:02:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
That is when the window closes for Championship clubs. For League One clubs it is much later - 2 September.

So if he did go, we have weeks to find a replacement but we would have to buy from League One or League Two clubs and we would be half a dozen league games down already.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 05, 2019, 06:04:34 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
strange our Dingleonian friends haven't been sniffing :scarf:

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 05, 2019, 06:09:03 pm by Copps is Magic »
So if he did go, we have weeks to find a replacement but we would have to buy from League One or League Two clubs and we would be half a dozen league games down already.

I think Championship clubs can still let players go, they just cant sign anyone after that date.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 05, 2019, 06:09:16 pm by IDM »
we would be half a dozen league games down already.

Only if we waited until the end of the window to sign anyone..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 05, 2019, 06:24:09 pm by dickos1 »
We can still sign players from the championship after Thursday

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 05, 2019, 06:26:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
If Whiteman goes and I hope the club are strong enough to resist it we will have to sign a replacement it will all be about wages if we want any better. We are finding signing good players now is all about wages.

If he does go the players that Fergie put together and who part of a sixth place side last season will have disappeared apart from Lawlor, Wright, Blair and May.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 05, 2019, 06:32:44 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
If Whiteman goes and I hope the club are strong enough to resist it we will have to sign a replacement it will all be about wages if we want any better. We are finding signing good players now is all about wages.

If he does go the players that Fergie put together and who part of a sixth place side last season will have disappeared apart from Lawlor, Wright, Blair and May.
Not sure how Fergie relates to getting a 6th position? Change eh :)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 05, 2019, 06:42:01 pm by dickos1 »
Cause it was him that put it together like he said. And almost all have now left

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 05, 2019, 06:45:07 pm by Chris Black come back »

I think Championship clubs can still let players go, they just cant sign anyone after that date.

That is indeed true. The point perhaps was that if Championship clubs cannot further add to their squads, then they will probably not let anyone leave. We would be looking at a limited group of fringe players I suspect - albeit from the league above, in addition to League One and Two (and abroad!).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 07:01:09 pm by Chris Black come back »

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 05, 2019, 06:45:27 pm by eastender »
Maybe the club saw this coming and made Ben captain to increase his value, knowing that he will be likely to leave.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 05, 2019, 06:51:31 pm by steve@dcfd »

Not sure how Fergie relates to getting a 6th position? Change eh :)

Well let’s look at the side from last year at the end.

Downing, Kane, Wilks Sadlier and Crawford( 1/2 and 1/2) were not Fergie signings in the 18 man squad. Do you get it now😂

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 05, 2019, 06:52:03 pm by Alan Southstand »
Why do we even want to consider selling, after the summer we’ve had?

The club have made him captain because they see him being the future!

Tell them to piss off.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 05, 2019, 06:59:24 pm by since-1969 »
That is when the window closes for Championship clubs. For League One clubs it is much later - 2 September.

I thought we could buy from
Anywhere only the PL or Championship that clouds buy only sell after the date .

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 05, 2019, 07:02:55 pm by NewDonny »
Yes he will be missed, but there is nothing that can be done if his head gets turned, it’s the way of football, however Sheaf can fill the support slot with 3 attacking midfielders and 2 strikers....
So back to a 1-4-1-3-2 formation....

I know Sheaf is only temporary but it gives us a few months to look at an ideal holding midfielder ,

I hope he doesn’t go, but it won’t be a total surprise if he does, seems as him leaving filled up a lot of forum space recently....

What a load of absolute tosh. Firstly the club must not accept any offer irrespective of its size, secondly they just refuse to let HCFC speak to Whiteman, end of issue. It's imperative we hold onto him for at least this season, crucial to our season even I would say. None of the limp flannel you write - oh well what will be, will be, we have Sheaf v
Blah, blah, PLEASE!

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 05, 2019, 07:14:05 pm by phil old leake »
I’d have thought that if the club had had any sense part of McCann leaving would have involved you can’t come looking at takingnplsyers with you

That’s quite common practice

Unless the club know something we all don’t and have irons in fires we should take the same stance as we did with JM and Sunderland

Too late to find a replacement.   

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 05, 2019, 07:17:17 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Well let’s look at the side from last year at the end.

Downing, Kane, Wilks Sadlier and Crawford( 1/2 and 1/2) were not Fergie signings in the 18 man squad. Do you get it now😂

You forgot the main man and Butler. I just don't relate last season to Fergie, though accept he had signed a lot of that squad.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 05, 2019, 07:19:30 pm by arkseyrover »
its all well and good refusing to let him go but then you risk having an unsettled player who is the subject of mind games and who may not play to his full potential. Damage is done either way.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 05, 2019, 07:22:57 pm by mpc123 »
its all well and good refusing to let him go but then you risk having an unsettled player who is the subject of mind games and who may not play to his full potential. Damage is done either way.

Not only that but everyone has a price. I really don't understand people saying don't let him go.
All these players are replaceable, exactly how we found them. 150,000 to say 2 million it's a good bit of business we have been moaning for our club to be a part of.

Now it's happening everyone's moaning.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 05, 2019, 07:23:58 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
If he's good enough to go there now, he'd be good enough to leave for the championship  at the end of the season, hopefully with us.

A season being captain and gaining more experience rather than bench sitting isn't all bad. I'd guess wages is the bottom line - improved deal here maybe?

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 05, 2019, 07:43:37 pm by arkseyrover »
if he does go its just a shame we have to donate 15/20% of the fee to them at Sheffield

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 05, 2019, 07:47:32 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
if he does go its just a shame we have to donate 15/20% of the fee to them at Sheffield

be sensible it was the only way we could get him - amazed the BOARD pulled a stroke like that getting him in the first place

do you butter both sides of your toast in a morning by any chance  :facepalm: :headbang:

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 05, 2019, 08:07:24 pm by drfc1951 »
Why do people who say we should develop players, to sell on for a large fee, then moan when we do sell them.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 05, 2019, 08:08:51 pm by NewDonny »

Not only that but everyone has a price. I really don't understand people saying don't let him go.
All these players are replaceable, exactly how we found them. 150,000 to say 2 million it's a good bit of business we have been moaning for our club to be a part of.

He's under contract to the club for at least another two years and unlike JM who just played up and became disruptive to get his move, BW appears more professional and just gets his head down and gets on with it.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 05, 2019, 08:14:48 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Why do people who say we should develop players, to sell on for a large fee, then moan when we do sell them.

This exactly, it's a good thing in most ways that our players are been talked about. So long as we get the right money for them it's part of the plan not a conspiracy that people just want to cash in. That said I was sad when Marquis left but i'd be far more gutted if this happened but, if we get a huge (5m+) offer then it's whats right for the club. Not just this season but next season too that kind of money is massive.

Barnsley will have few doubts about the develop, sell, move on model they have it's got them to the championship a few times and made them a fairly sustainable club as far as i can see. 

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 05, 2019, 08:23:17 pm by since-1969 »

He's under contract to the club for at least another two years and unlike JM who just played up and became disruptive to get his move, BW appears more professional and just gets his head down and gets on with it.
JM was a pro and I can not see any evidence he “played up” . He was assured of all enquires that met the clubs valuation would be run by him . He’s gone and it’s back to business let’s not Rubbish JM who lived up to his billing . Whiteman is not  going , unless something extra ordinary turns up as HE knows that the club will only inform him if a bid was to come in but it would be the club who dictate as time is not an issue here .

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 05, 2019, 08:32:01 pm by Jonathan »

This exactly, it's a good thing in most ways that our players are been talked about. So long as we get the right money for them it's part of the plan not a conspiracy that people just want to cash in. That said I was sad when Marquis left but i'd be far more gutted if this happened but, if we get a huge (5m+) offer then it's whats right for the club. Not just this season but next season too that kind of money is massive.

Barnsley will have few doubts about the develop, sell, move on model they have it's got them to the championship a few times and made them a fairly sustainable club as far as i can see. 

I honestly can’t think that I’ve seen too many people moan about the fact we sold Marquis (there’ll always be a few) and we haven’t sold Whiteman so any moaning about that is just speculative.

The develop and sell model is obviously reliant on the reinvestment element. And at the moment that’s what people are waiting on. With varying degrees of patience no doubt.

The picture could look very different when we’ve started to use some of the Marquis money on the team. Let’s not set about selling Whiteman before he’s even gone! Like others, I think he’s a good character and unlikely to force a move. Therefore it would take a big offer for that to be considered.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 05, 2019, 08:36:04 pm by NewDonny »

JM was a pro and I can not see any evidence he “played up” . He was assured of all enquires that met the clubs valuation would be run by him . He’s gone and it’s back to business let’s not Rubbish JM who lived up to his billing . Whiteman is not  going , unless something extra ordinary turns up as HE knows that the club will only inform him if a bid was to come in but it would be the club who dictate as time is not an issue here .

Oh okay then lol, you clearly didn't go up to Grimbsy a couple of weeks ago then.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 05, 2019, 08:47:24 pm by Filo »

In my opinion JM did us like a kipper, he thought a Championship club would come in for him, but no one did, so a week before the season starts he tells the club he wants to move South, low and behold a couple of days later he’s off to Portsmouth, coincidence? Tapped up? Or he instructed his agent to find him a club down south?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012