Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:00:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull contact Whiteman........apparently  (Read 21908 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

john_donc857

• Forum Member
Re: Hull contact Whiteman........apparently
« Reply #1 on August 05, 2019, 05:03:52 pm by john_donc857 »
I’d be surprised if we let another asset go this season after cashing in on McCann and marquis. He’s only a young lad and his value will only go up . He’s on a long term contract I believe, so no need to sell

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 05, 2019, 05:05:32 pm by Retdon1 »
Don’t care what they offer, just turn it down. The way he’s progressing, he will be worth even more in January or at the end of this season. With the summer we’ve had and the current situation were in, in regards to the side, we simply can’t afford to lose anyone else

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 05, 2019, 05:06:34 pm by Filo »
McCann can f**k right off, he’s done enough damage to us this season

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 05, 2019, 05:09:09 pm by Fur Calf »
The club ought to knock this one back, however, if Whiteman wants to leave we will be hard pressed to keep him.  The other problem is Hull are due some money following the Maguire transfer to Man. U.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 05:11:48 pm by Fur Calf »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 05, 2019, 05:10:36 pm by since-1969 »
Hull are getting a kick back £10m from the Maguire deal with Man U so it’s least £5m minimum we should ask

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 05, 2019, 05:12:12 pm by grayx »
Can’t let this happen... can we??

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 05, 2019, 05:12:33 pm by selby »
 If they have not contacted the club first and got permission, then surely that is an illegal approach is it not?

Welling Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 05, 2019, 05:16:53 pm by Welling Rover »
according to the report they have made contact with the club.

The Tigers have made contact with the League One side over his availability, according to journalist Hull Live journalist Phil Buckingham.

Hope it's not true

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 05, 2019, 05:19:40 pm by jackthelad »
This really would be a massive blow. Roll on Thursday.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 05, 2019, 05:26:18 pm by Move DRFC »
We're absolute mugs if we consider anything less than £5m.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 05, 2019, 05:27:36 pm by jackthelad »
We're absolute mugs if we consider anything less than £5m.

Realistically I think we all know we would accept far less than 5 million.   I think 2 million would have our heads turned to be honest and that's not a dig at the club.
Just being realistic.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 05, 2019, 05:29:40 pm by StocktonRover »
according to the report they have made contact with the club.

The Tigers have made contact with the League One side over his availability, according to journalist Hull Live journalist Phil Buckingham.

Hope it's not true

The other half of the story is or should be “the club told them “he’s not available so f**k off” 😎

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 05, 2019, 05:32:03 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I think that they have left it this late to bid leaves them on the back foot and the cost inflated to at least £3m, more like £4m, plus sell ons.

I'd assume he came with a sell on clause from Sheff U, so we won't be getting all the cash.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 05:34:07 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 05, 2019, 05:33:12 pm by scawsby steve »
If this happens then my lifelong love affair with football might be drawing to a close, as it will be shown to be nothing other than mercenary.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 05, 2019, 05:35:01 pm by selby »
If they are offering a life changing raise in pay to the lad, it is very hard for the club to stand in his way, if he wants to go.
    But, and it is a big but, we want a fee that is a club changing fee to us. No cheap deal that leaves us looking enviously at what other clubs receive for their players, I understand that they are wanting upwards of £10 million for a championship player, and no doubt are looking at Whiteman as his replacement, it would therefore be fair to say we should want the majority of that fee for Whiteman.
  The first thing they will say is he is a division ! player, he is not, they want him to play in the championship, therefore the fee should reflect that he is a championship player.
   I don't want him to leave, also I don't want to hold the player back, but if he does, make Hull pay a lot for the pleasure with an inflated price.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 05, 2019, 05:35:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
He will not go this summer. Perhaps January or next year, but season has started and it ain’t going to happen as we cannot replace him in time left and while season is live.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 05, 2019, 05:38:08 pm by Copps is Magic »
5 years ago pretty much to this day, Hull city signed a certain Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson for £2.5m and  £2.85m respectively. Look at them now.

For me, considering inflation and the state of the game, it would have to be over £3.5m as bear minimum with substantial sell-on clause.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 05, 2019, 05:40:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
Two years left on his deal.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 05, 2019, 05:40:55 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
As I understand it all depends on Kane. He’s their first choice but Hull face a challenge from other interested clubs. If they don’t get him they’ll move for Whiteman. They offered over £1 million for Wilks before he went to Barnsley so the cash is there and I’m sure they’d be willing to pay even more to get their man.

Either way, I think McCann is an arsehole

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 05, 2019, 05:41:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
Haha.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 05, 2019, 05:43:10 pm by IDM »
If, and it is a big if, Whiteman is sold then yes that is a blow but we would have over 3 weeks to buy other players in.  I doubt we would find the same capability unless a loanee arrives..

I would rather we buy a player and you would hope the club has planned for such contingencies with Whiteman..

But that’s my head speaking.

Heart says they can f**k right off.!!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 05, 2019, 05:46:28 pm by sha66y »
Yes he will be missed, but there is nothing that can be done if his head gets turned, it’s the way of football, however Sheaf can fill the support slot with 3 attacking midfielders and 2 strikers....
So back to a 1-4-1-3-2 formation....

I know Sheaf is only temporary but it gives us a few months to look at an ideal holding midfielder ,

I hope he doesn’t go, but it won’t be a total surprise if he does, seems as him leaving filled up a lot of forum space recently....

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 05, 2019, 05:48:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Two years left on his deal.
Makes no odds, this is solely about need to sell v need to buy, supply and demand. We don't need to sell, they're possibly desperate to buy.

If a player is nearing the end of their contract AND there isn't much of a demand to buy that player THEN the price drops. Otherwise this length of contract thing is a myth.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 05, 2019, 05:49:32 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
he's worth 5m to us now. Captain, 2yrs contract, season started, not long left to replace etc etc justifiable reasons to up the price. Also GM been hull manager should add a couple of million to it so say £7m is what we want if they ask. See how serious they are
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:04:54 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 05, 2019, 05:51:40 pm by Retdon1 »
I know he only had 10 months left on his contract but if a proven 20+ goal a season League 1 striker has gone for less than £2 million, I can’t see a central midfielder going for more. That being said he’s far to important to us to sell and I would be telling them the price is £5 million, either pay it or come back in 12 months. I wouldn’t have thought Moore would have made him captain if there was any doubt he wouldn’t still be here after Thursday

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 05, 2019, 05:52:24 pm by IDM »
At his age and with his potential, the value lies in what the buying club may achieve with him..  but yes we should argue a large fee..

Could still prove to be nothing in it though..

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 05, 2019, 05:52:28 pm by DonnyOsmond »
https://twitter.com/AnalysisDrfc/status/1158371063832752129?s=19

Easily most passes in League One for a midfielder and completing all of his challenges too. Has to be £5mil. He's integral to our play.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 05, 2019, 05:53:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
I know he only had 10 months left on his contract but if a proven 20+ goal a season League 1 striker has gone for less than £2 million, I can’t see a central midfielder going for more. That being said he’s far to important to us to sell and I would be telling them the price is £5 million, either pay it or come back in 12 months. I wouldn’t have thought Moore would have made him captain if there was any doubt he wouldn’t still be here after Thursday

He signed a 3.5 year deal in January 2018.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 05, 2019, 05:54:11 pm by keith79 »
1.2 million it is then.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012