Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:42:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull contact Whiteman........apparently  (Read 21907 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Hull contact Whiteman........apparently
« Reply #60 on August 05, 2019, 08:51:04 pm by mushRTID »
its all well and good refusing to let him go but then you risk having an unsettled player who is the subject of mind games and who may not play to his full potential. Damage is done either way.

Not only that but everyone has a price. I really don't understand people saying don't let him go.
All these players are replaceable, exactly how we found them. 150,000 to say 2 million it's a good bit of business we have been moaning for our club to be a part of.

Now it's happening everyone's moaning.
He's under contract to the club for at least another two years and unlike JM who just played up and became disruptive to get his move, BW appears more professional and just gets his head down and gets on with it.
JM was a pro and I can not see any evidence he “played up” . He was assured of all enquires that met the clubs valuation would be run by him . He’s gone and it’s back to business let’s not Rubbish JM who lived up to his billing . Whiteman is not  going , unless something extra ordinary turns up as HE knows that the club will only inform him if a bid was to come in but it would be the club who dictate as time is not an issue here .

In my opinion JM did us like a kipper, he thought a Championship club would come in for him, but no one did, so a week before the season starts he tells the club he wants to move South, low and behold a couple of days later he’s off to Portsmouth, coincidence? Tapped up? Or he instructed his agent to find him a club down south?

Kind of agree. Only in January we were publicly told he wanted to go to Sunderland.
Now he wanted to move South as his mrs is having a baby. He would have known that in January, it was definitely an excuse to leave.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 05, 2019, 08:57:26 pm by Retdon1 »
its all well and good refusing to let him go but then you risk having an unsettled player who is the subject of mind games and who may not play to his full potential. Damage is done either way.

Not only that but everyone has a price. I really don't understand people saying don't let him go.
All these players are replaceable, exactly how we found them. 150,000 to say 2 million it's a good bit of business we have been moaning for our club to be a part of.

Now it's happening everyone's moaning.
He's under contract to the club for at least another two years and unlike JM who just played up and became disruptive to get his move, BW appears more professional and just gets his head down and gets on with it.
JM was a pro and I can not see any evidence he “played up” . He was assured of all enquires that met the clubs valuation would be run by him . He’s gone and it’s back to business let’s not Rubbish JM who lived up to his billing . Whiteman is not  going , unless something extra ordinary turns up as HE knows that the club will only inform him if a bid was to come in but it would be the club who dictate as time is not an issue here .

In my opinion JM did us like a kipper, he thought a Championship club would come in for him, but no one did, so a week before the season starts he tells the club he wants to move South, low and behold a couple of days later he’s off to Portsmouth, coincidence? Tapped up? Or he instructed his agent to find him a club down south?

Kind of agree. Only in January we were publicly told he wanted to go to Sunderland.
Now he wanted to move South as his mrs is having a baby. He would have known that in January, it was definitely an excuse to leave.

Not if she’s only a few months pregnant

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 05, 2019, 08:57:47 pm by arkseyrover »
Nothing wrong with selling players and developing them to sell on for profit. Its the only way to survive and as someone has already said Barnsley are thriving on that policy. I've no complaints if he is sold (even the donation to Sheff U) as long as we get a bloody good price for him instead of the peanuts we've been thrown for donkeys years. And in this case as long as we screw Dull and their cheapskate disreputable manager.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 05, 2019, 09:08:57 pm by mushRTID »
Tell the t**t 6m cash or look elsewhere

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 05, 2019, 09:14:48 pm by scawsby steve »
A lot of people on here seem to be quite nonchalant about this. Don't they want promotion? Because we certainly ain't going to get it by letting all our best players go.

Yes, we've all got faith in DM, but the bloke's not a magician; he can't keep replacing excellent players with like for like; he's still got to replace Marquis.

Gavin and the board need to help DM out here, and tell Hull to f*ck off.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 05, 2019, 09:16:42 pm by acacia94 »
Ben will go if Grant can sell him the dream. Money will play a massive part but it will depend hugely on whatever relationship McCann and Ben struck up when he was here. If Ben believes its the next step and he prefers Grants view of the future than Darrens he'll go. The step up in leagues is a massive incentive. Do well and you're a promotion away from the promised land.
Cmon, any young fella with the talent this lads got would roll the dice. If Hull dont come in thank the f**kin lord and we've got him til January.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 05, 2019, 09:20:25 pm by Jonathan »
To be honest I’m not even thinking about promotion until we strengthen the forward line, let alone sell Whiteman. As has been said earlier, to succeed in developing and selling on players there has to be the reinvestment in the team and that’s the next thing that’s coming.

The club have been very clear that players will only be sold if DM believes that money can be used to strengthen the wider team and we’re waiting on that from the JM sale. It would be late in the day to sell Whiteman and I’m confident it won’t happen.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 05, 2019, 09:21:06 pm by Drover »
IF we are to consider any bids,the club should factor any % that will go to Sheff Utd so we end up with the amount we are happy with after Sheff Utd get their cut,and we should be seen to be reasonable doing that has he is contracted to us for about 2yrs.Big loss if he goes,big fee needed to ease the pain.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 05, 2019, 09:24:16 pm by arkseyrover »
Steve - I can see where you're coming from but he will leave us eventually either now or at the end of his contract or somewhere in between and if we can get £millions for him now rather than less later on that money can be used to find 2 or 3 more like him and the promotion wagon can roll on. Its not about lack of ambition its living in the real world and making the best of what you've got to bring about improvements. I would be worried and disillusioned if the money was not re-invested as that would show a lack of ambition but I don't believe that would be the case with our committed owners.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 05, 2019, 09:38:50 pm by steve@dcfd »
To get player equal to or better than Whiteman we will have to buy from the Championship if we want a side that can still go for promotion.  But getting players from the Championship will cost in wages. So yes it’s good to get these fees but will it be easy to reinvest?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 05, 2019, 09:39:02 pm by Alan Southstand »
We’ll get plenty for him if he stays with us AND we are in the mix again AND he will have been captain. No way should he be sold - end of.

We’re finding it hard enough to get a reasonable striker in, never mind Darren’s preferred 2! How the hell are we going to get a like for like for Ben?

I think some of you on here don’t want a successful team. I despair!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on August 05, 2019, 09:44:05 pm by Al4475 »
I think most people want a successful team - of course they do. 

BUT I also think there's a lot of people who don't want the club to jeopardise it's future by mortgaging itself out on stupid fees and wages - more now than those that want a boom or bust tilt at success.

It's a buy cheap, improve and sell high market nowadays for all EFL clubs bar about 10 of 'em.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 05, 2019, 09:47:36 pm by acacia94 »
Bens quality and class. He stepped down from SheffU to come to us and will undoubtedly take the chance of a good opportunity to progress and play at the level he wants. And earn life changing money. You'd love him to stay but its just life lads and lasses...

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 05, 2019, 10:12:35 pm by bobbymax »
While playing in the Championship would be a draw. In Dull City's case, it would only be for one season! If it was me, I'd sit tight and wait for an offer with better long-term prospects.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 05, 2019, 10:13:14 pm by WheatleyRover »
He can do better than Hull City

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on August 05, 2019, 10:22:08 pm by mpc123 »
To get player equal to or better than Whiteman we will have to buy from the Championship if we want a side that can still go for promotion.  But getting players from the Championship will cost in wages. So yes it’s good to get these fees but will it be easy to reinvest?

Where did we get him from? £150,000 so maybe we sell for £2m and  get another Whiteman for £150,000 and on his wages. That is how it goes.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 05, 2019, 10:36:32 pm by Alan Southstand »
£150,000? I thought we got him for £350k?

You make it sound really easy, and yet, if it was that easy, why are we still waiting for a striker to sign?

We don’t need to sell. Having ‘x’ million pounds in the bank is not going to get us in the top 6 and, in case you’ve forgotten, the season has started.

Why can’t we look on the positive side of things, where he stays put and helps to get us promoted. He’ll be worth a hell of a lot more than what he is now, if that were to happen.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 05, 2019, 10:37:18 pm by IDM »
Steve - I can see where you're coming from but he will leave us eventually either now or at the end of his contract or somewhere in between and if we can get £millions for him now rather than less later on that money can be used to find 2 or 3 more like him and the promotion wagon can roll on. Its not about lack of ambition its living in the real world and making the best of what you've got to bring about improvements. I would be worried and disillusioned if the money was not re-invested as that would show a lack of ambition but I don't believe that would be the case with our committed owners.

No no no we do NOT need to cash in.!  We need to get the value from Whiteman on the pitch playing for us.. I can see him maybe going at the end of this season if that suits all parties then, just like Marquis..

But for now, he’s our player and should only go for silly money..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on August 05, 2019, 10:44:27 pm by dickos1 »
I think most people want a successful team - of course they do. 

BUT I also think there's a lot of people who don't want the club to jeopardise it's future by mortgaging itself out on stupid fees and wages - more now than those that want a boom or bust tilt at success.

It's a buy cheap, improve and sell high market nowadays for all EFL clubs bar about 10 of 'em.

Whilst I tend to agree,
We’ve been told all money that’s generated through the football will be reinvested into the football.
If we’re selling our best players we need to be spending that money to purchase players that won’t reduce the quality of the squad. Otherwise we’re never going to improve and never going to reach the championship.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 05, 2019, 10:46:38 pm by steve@dcfd »

Where did we get him from? £150,000 so maybe we sell for £2m and  get another Whiteman for £150,000 and on his wages. That is how it goes.
I know how it works but the Whiteman we got on loan then for £150,000 was playing in League 2 like Marquis. Then over the next two seasons he improved into a very good midfield player. So what you saying is we can pick up a very good league 1 standard player who help us get promoted, what GB and the board want, for £150,000. I don’t think so.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on August 05, 2019, 10:54:06 pm by sha66y »
Yes he will be missed, but there is nothing that can be done if his head gets turned, it’s the way of football, however Sheaf can fill the support slot with 3 attacking midfielders and 2 strikers....
So back to a 1-4-1-3-2 formation....

I know Sheaf is only temporary but it gives us a few months to look at an ideal holding midfielder ,

I hope he doesn’t go, but it won’t be a total surprise if he does, seems as him leaving filled up a lot of forum space recently....

What a load of absolute tosh. Firstly the club must not accept any offer irrespective of its size, secondly they just refuse to let HCFC speak to Whiteman, end of issue. It's imperative we hold onto him for at least this season, crucial to our season even I would say. None of the limp flannel you write - oh well what will be, will be, we have Sheaf v
Blah, blah, PLEASE!

Tosh?
Do you believe seriously that all the blubbering and teary-eyed rants on this thread will stop fate.. ....seriously?
Of course I want him to stay....I just don’t really care that much if the decision to sell him is made..I’d like to think that whichever Rovers players pull on the shirt deserve my support,.... ..I guess out of all the so called true/real fans on this forum,... I’m actually the only one that’s sane...apart from IDM, who is only a fraction insane....

Imagine for one minute that you were anymore important to the club than the ticket you buy......did you enjoy that minute, ?
because you and I and all of them are just a source of revenue to the club....I know we are appreciated but let’s get real for a minute.....nobody on this forum can change anything,
yes ya can debate the merits or failures of other people’s opinions, but in the grand scheme of things, this form of debate is about has close as you will get to actually mattering....

Me! I’m ok knowing that what will be will be....

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on August 05, 2019, 11:05:38 pm by dickos1 »
What would you suggest would be a better topic to discuss on a football forum other than discussing football related matters?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 05, 2019, 11:17:59 pm by sha66y »
What would you suggest would be a better topic to discuss on a football forum other than discussing football related matters?

How about discussing the way to deal with Whiteman leaving, how to reshuffle the current squad to lessen the impact, maybe throw in some positivity....... because the alternative to discussing realistic aims....is to get all Mardy arced, throwing tantrums and just talking stupid for the sake of it.....

Those that appear to be nonchalant are actually the intelligent ones, they see the reality of the situation,
and the blatherers are just blathering ............a-chuffin-gain

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 05, 2019, 11:23:18 pm by dickos1 »
You must be getting to the point now where youre realising maybe it’s me that’s getting this all wrong.

Whiteman is our best player by a country mile, you can’t just shuffle the pack and hope it’ll all work out.
Every forum in the country would be complaining about the club selling their best player and captain one game into the season.

You’re mad if you think otherwise absolutely barking

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 05, 2019, 11:28:28 pm by sha66y »
You must be getting to the point now where youre realising maybe it’s me that’s getting this all wrong.

Whiteman is our best player by a country mile, you can’t just shuffle the pack and hope it’ll all work out.
Every forum in the country would be complaining about the club selling their best player and captain one game into the season.

You’re mad if you think otherwise absolutely barking

I’m going to allow you some leniency and not respond to what you have just written in front of other people.....but I am shaking my head.....

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on August 06, 2019, 12:55:31 am by PDX_Rover »
Hull should be told categorically no. They’ve already been naughty tapping up our manager. They can f**k off of they’re going to cherry pick our best players.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 06, 2019, 07:20:39 am by drfchound »

How about discussing the way to deal with Whiteman leaving, how to reshuffle the current squad to lessen the impact, maybe throw in some positivity....... because the alternative to discussing realistic aims....is to get all Mardy arced, throwing tantrums and just talking stupid for the sake of it.....

Those that appear to be nonchalant are actually the intelligent ones, they see the reality of the situation,
and the blatherers are just blathering ............a-chuffin-gain

.......and using your logic about what we think about players leaving etc, what good will it do if we discuss the reshuffling of the team and throwing in some positivity.
What difference will that make to what DM does?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 06, 2019, 07:52:00 am by Jonathan »
Less of all the negativity dude. We don’t need to reshuffle the pack, with a ‘can do’ attitude we’ll get by with 10 men and we will be better for it.

The rallying cry is simple, we need to deliver promotion, unite this forum and defeat Jeremy Corbyn.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 06, 2019, 07:56:25 am by Al4475 »
Dickos1:

"Whilst I tend to agree,
We’ve been told all money that’s generated through the football will be reinvested into the football.
If we’re selling our best players we need to be spending that money to purchase players that won’t reduce the quality of the squad. Otherwise we’re never going to improve and never going to reach the championship."

I know what you're saying mate. I am sure that that will be the case - all monies generated by footy going back into it - but while you don't wanna lose your best players at any point (tho it's inevitable they will go eventually) you also don't wanna be chucking money about 'panic-buying' just to please folk/get numbers in the squad.

If the money is reinvested well - that's better all round isn't it? 

I know that's all easier said than done - but at Rovers level - that's the sensible option - no?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on August 06, 2019, 08:06:30 am by DRNaith »
I think what stands out to me in all this, is that IF this had been a genuinely respectful enquiry, from one club to another, we would never have heard about this in the press.

The press have been used as part of the negotiation process here in order to unsettle, make known their intention to Whiteman, and generally bully their way to giving them a better chance.

In the same way that "tapping up" isn't allowed, clubs should be held to account for what the local press release, and then have room to take legal action if the press report something unfounded that gets them into trouble.  It's the only way that clubs won't be able to unsettle other club's players and circumnavigate the respect that should be shown throughout football by following the due process in private.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012