Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:42:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: There’s going to be a lot of pxxxed off people  (Read 7008 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: There’s going to be a lot of pxxxed off people
« Reply #30 on August 30, 2019, 05:50:38 pm by dickos1 »
I never suggested I was angry?
It’s frustrating as I’m sure it is for Moore.

I know you’ll never say you’re disappointed, throughout the summer youve said
 “wait until we’ve appointed a manager”
“Wait until the season starts and see what the squad is like”
“Wait until the window has closed and see who we’ve signed”

Now you’re saying what will be will be!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 30, 2019, 05:54:33 pm by IDM »
I never actually said those words, nor was I implying that you would be angry - I was generalising.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 30, 2019, 06:04:17 pm by sha66y »
Seconds out.......round two...

Just to p**s a few more off....I hope we miss out on the No9 and just end up with this pile a crap we got now....

Chew it down!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 30, 2019, 06:05:57 pm by dickos1 »
Throughout the summer when people have been saying to be patient and don’t panic they’ve been asked the question when would be ok to be worried and the answers have been the ones I mentioned

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 30, 2019, 06:06:07 pm by RedJ »
f**king wish the club did pay me to defend it the way Michael is suggesting, rather than some people just simply not looking for a conspiracy in absolutely everything.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 30, 2019, 06:08:49 pm by Draytonian III »
Why bother with Clarke,stick with Ennis and Sterling, maybe Big Vic as back up ,and the there’s Watters and Boocock. We have to have a home ground player on the bench ,why not try Boocock

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 30, 2019, 06:10:57 pm by dickos1 »
We can but playing a season with no experience up top, in my opinion won’t end with us in the playoffs

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 30, 2019, 06:14:13 pm by Chris Black come back »
Best start to a league season for nearly 25 years. Scored in every league game. Unbeaten in league.

No need for anyone to be in a panic.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 30, 2019, 06:22:45 pm by dickos1 »
We’ve played 4 games would be very naive to think because we’ve had 4 decent results that we should forget all about our need to sign a striker.
Moore knows we need one let’s just hope he can get him in

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 30, 2019, 06:23:53 pm by IDM »
Throughout the summer when people have been saying to be patient and don’t panic they’ve been asked the question when would be ok to be worried and the answers have been the ones I mentioned

We may not yet have made all the signings many fans want us to, but we have made decent ones..

I would contend we are one or two short ideally, but I can cope as a supporter if we can’t get anyone else in..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 30, 2019, 06:27:31 pm by steve@dcfd »
It’s not panicking again the manager said he wanted another striker experienced one to fill the No 9 shirt. So until he turns round and say we have tried and can’t get one then we wait.
He appears to be aiming high and therefore it was never going to be easy with the packages involved.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 30, 2019, 06:29:11 pm by dickos1 »
I would agree we’ve signed 3 very good youngsters on loan. Who can hopefully have a similar effect to Wilks and Kane. But even those two went through spells of poor form which you can only expect with players of that age and experience. Last year we had players like Rowe, marquis, butler who we could turn to.
I think we’re desperate for an experienced number 9 and Moore knows that, we could also do with an attacking midfielder in the squad to replace Kane and Rowe

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 30, 2019, 06:37:48 pm by Draytonian III »
Why bother with Clarke,stick with Ennis and Sterling, maybe Big Vic as back up ,and the there’s Watters and Boocock. We have to have a home ground player on the bench ,why not try Boocock

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 30, 2019, 06:42:58 pm by andyst79 »
Best start to a league season for nearly 25 years. Scored in every league game. Unbeaten in league.

No need for anyone to be in a panic.
Could you imagine the melt down on here If we'd lost a game or 2?! @😂😂😂

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 30, 2019, 06:56:15 pm by RoversAlias »
It was a nice week or so on here without all this nonsense every day. Clearly the league wins can only keep the moaning at bay for so long.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 30, 2019, 06:56:34 pm by Retdon1 »

He’s been sent out on loan today

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 30, 2019, 06:58:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
Some folk do feel the need to panic.

Hope in real life none of them are in life critical jobs.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 30, 2019, 07:35:24 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Moore said there could be a list of 20 players, we have 2 names 1 probably from that list..... leaves 19 other names we haven’t heard of yet

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 30, 2019, 09:11:44 pm by RedJ »
Some folk do feel the need to panic.

Hope in real life none of them are in life critical jobs.

"f**k it he's already dead cos we've not bought in 19 surgeons and 27 nurses"

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 30, 2019, 09:26:28 pm by selby »
  I hope we do sign a couple of players before the close of the window, but who does not bother me, I will leave that to the powers that be.
   Clarke always seems to start off like a ball of fire at a new club, and then fades dramatically, and the times I have seen him has not been that impressive.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 30, 2019, 09:57:15 pm by Pancho Regan »

Just to p**s a few more off....I hope we miss out on the No9 and just end up with this pile a crap we got now....

Chew it down!!

That’s not a sensible contribution to the discussion if I may say so.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 30, 2019, 10:09:57 pm by sha66y »

Chew it down!!

That’s not a sensible contribution to the discussion if I may say so.

It’s irony...... not a fact .....

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 31, 2019, 12:46:24 am by Campsall rover »
We already have 2 no 9’s don’t we. Ennis and Sterling.
Why so many people are obsessed with having a clone of John Marquis i don’t understand. We are a different team now and JM is the past not the future.
Yes it would be good to have a bigger physical presence up front which will give us more options on style of play and tactics.
Priority though imo is a centre back as cover ( Joe Wright is still injured ) and a central midfielder.
Let DM get on with it he is doing a great job and let’s face it those he has recruited so far are young hungry, exciting players of no little ability.
The right players not any players. That’s whats important.
How many times have i said that in the last 7 weeks.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 01:05:16 am by Campsall rover »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 31, 2019, 07:21:37 am by Alan Southstand »
You’ve answered your own question, Campsall, so you must understand! Further, it’s not ‘so many people’, it’s the manager that’s seeking the individual who’ll wear the No9 shirt, that he’s not given anyone yet.

Everyone is letting the manager get on with it, as he’s doing a great job with what he currently has. But, he’s said it himself, 2 or 3 more and we’ll be complete as a squad.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 31, 2019, 08:35:52 am by Campsall rover »
You’ve answered your own question, Campsall, so you must understand! Further, it’s not ‘so many people’, it’s the manager that’s seeking the individual who’ll wear the No9 shirt, that he’s not given anyone yet.

Everyone is letting the manager get on with it, as he’s doing a great job with what he currently has. But, he’s said it himself, 2 or 3 more and we’ll be complete as a squad.
It’s the impatience of forum members. There are a number of factors involved in signing players, it’s not easy getting deals done.
Transfer fees, Wages, Agents fees, length of contract, permanent deal or loan, re location for the player and wife/partner/children. It only takes one factor to stop a deal being done.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 31, 2019, 08:57:44 am by RedJ »
It's the Football Manager generation, click a few buttons and a player is signed.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 31, 2019, 09:10:38 am by Michael Shaw »
Funny how showing concern for the season is seen as panicking. No it is not.

Don't Portsmouth, Ipswich, Sunderland, Coventry, Blackpool, Peterborough all think they have a really good chance of a top 6 slot? And personally, I won't disagree with them, so where does that leave us? OddsChecker shows us about 12th in the table, and that's an outsider unbiased view.

I'll say it again, don't expect to be in the top 6 and there is nothing to worry about.

The time Darren takes to make any decision I'm surprised he doesn't spend all day deciding which sock to put on first.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 31, 2019, 09:14:09 am by IDM »
Don’t be a bell end.!  DM will have decided the players he wants, hence offers being made.!

Is it his fault if the deals then become too complicated..?

Have an opinion which shows concern, fine, but the underlying message of the club/manager not doing things properly nor to your taste is becoming boring..

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 31, 2019, 09:25:34 am by Al4475 »
Completely agree with your sentiments IDM and everyone else on here who has stated they think DM is doing a good job so far. I can see tho why people are a little bit nervy as DM has said he wants 2 or 3 more if poss and his squad will be ready (paraphrasing here not direct quotes) so I would say to the nervy ones - go with your instincts that he's doing a good job and just let him get on with it without turning the nervy feeling into panic feeling.

Am sure he'll get his men eventually - and if he doesn't he'll continue doing a great job with what he has got.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 31, 2019, 09:48:47 am by vaya »
Funny how showing concern for the season is seen as panicking. No it is not.

Don't Portsmouth, Ipswich, Sunderland, Coventry, Blackpool, Peterborough all think they have a really good chance of a top 6 slot? And personally, I won't disagree with them, so where does that leave us? OddsChecker shows us about 12th in the table, and that's an outsider unbiased view.

I'll say it again, don't expect to be in the top 6 and there is nothing to worry about.

The time Darren takes to make any decision I'm surprised he doesn't spend all day deciding which sock to put on first.

Have you considered panto?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012