Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 01:43:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: There’s going to be a lot of pxxxed off people  (Read 7055 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Re: There’s going to be a lot of pxxxed off people
« Reply #60 on August 31, 2019, 09:58:24 am by godlike1 »
After everything that's happened with Bury this week, and don't forget that Bolton are not out of the woods yet, I'll be happy even if we don't get who we wanted. It just means it wasn't meant to be. Id prefer someone who was young and hungry rather than someone looking for his last pay cheque before retirement no matter his pedigree. That to me smacks of a panic signing rather than a well thought out strategy

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 31, 2019, 10:01:05 am by Michael Shaw »
So just because we do have a club, anything should do? We should be honoured to even be in the National Conference as long as we have a club.

Forget ambition that is being selfish and we should just be happy to have a club?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 31, 2019, 10:03:49 am by steve@dcfd »
Funny how showing concern for the season is seen as panicking. No it is not.

Don't Portsmouth, Ipswich, Sunderland, Coventry, Blackpool, Peterborough all think they have a really good chance of a top 6 slot? And personally, I won't disagree with them, so where does that leave us? OddsChecker shows us about 12th in the table, and that's an outsider unbiased view.

I'll say it again, don't expect to be in the top 6 and there is nothing to worry about.

The time Darren takes to make any decision I'm surprised he doesn't spend all day deciding which sock to put on first.
Michael it’s not about making his mind up it’s about the package the club will be offering players. Said players and clubs will be wanting the best deal they can. It’s who blinks first if we were throwing money about said players would be here already. Again DM picks the players it’s up to the CEO and club to get it over the line

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 31, 2019, 10:05:55 am by RedJ »
So just because we do have a club, anything should do? We should be honoured to even be in the National Conference as long as we have a club.

Forget ambition that is being selfish and we should just be happy to have a club?

And if ever you want an example of someone deciding to make up what another post has meant...

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 31, 2019, 10:07:29 am by Michael Shaw »
I understand that, Steve, but if we don't get the prefered player "over the line" it will be too late to get another striker good enough "over the line". We have one day now and someone has to commit. At 4pm on Monday if he has not signed it will be too late to make other calls.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 31, 2019, 10:11:35 am by Michael Shaw »

I don't need to enter into petty bickering with you, we will see if we have a no 9 at close of business on Monday. And then the debate will start as to if the player is as good as promised. We'll see at Christmas if we are above Portsmouth, Ipswich, Sunderland, Coventry and Peterborough.
And if ever you want an example of someone deciding to make up what another post has meant...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 31, 2019, 10:13:36 am by IDM »
Agents will be working over the weekends too..

If we don’t get someone in, yes it will be disappointing but there’s little we as fans can do..

I’ll be there next weekend supporting the team regardless of who’s in our squad, and I won’t be bleating about who we didn’t sign nor any supposed club conspiracies..

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 31, 2019, 10:23:37 am by vaya »

It's the National League, and the window shuts 5pm Monday, not 4pm.

Odd such a massive football fan gets basic stuff wrong.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 31, 2019, 10:30:00 am by PDX_Rover »
Since we lost JM on 31 July we have waited and waited and waited and still no news. And told we are impatient to not wait longer and longer until we only have ONE working day until the window closes and still no news.

Question: do you live in the real world or are you one of those folks who want everything yesterday? I ask as you seem to think that everything just happens at the drop of a hat. You are Veruca Salt and I claim my fiver.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 31, 2019, 10:33:32 am by NickDRFC »
If we end up not signing a striker by the end of the window, will it be acceptable then for people to voice any concern/frustration/irritation? Or will that still be moaning, impatience etc?

I’m all for trusting the board and Moore to deliver but if the window does shut and we’ve not signed anyone else I’ll be very disappointed.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 31, 2019, 10:34:53 am by knockers »
I think we’re alright with what we’ve got. Plenty of options up top. Might be a bit light centre half wise but Blaney must play at some point. How long can you be a prospect for the future for!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on August 31, 2019, 10:36:07 am by IDM »
If we end up not signing a striker by the end of the window, will it be acceptable then for people to voice any concern/frustration/irritation? Or will that still be moaning, impatience etc?

I’m all for trusting the board and Moore to deliver but if the window does shut and we’ve not signed anyone else I’ll be very disappointed.

Yes it would be perfectly ok to express concerns if we haven’t signed anyone..

There is nothing wrong with genuine concerns etc, it’s the underlying thing about there being something wrong, no ambition, conspiracies etc that’s not welcome..

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 31, 2019, 11:22:51 am by silent majority »
When "we" make statements a certain faction of the posters will immediately insist on having evidence. Reversing the logic, where is the evidence that DM has been looking for a 9 and that the board have not just pocketed the cash from the sale of JM? 

Please provide a list of all the trialists DM has seen. 

Don't tell me I am not right because I know I am, and I am not paid by the club 24*7 to promote Rovers like some on here clearly are. I swear some people never log off.

People get paid by the club???

For posting stuff on here that is actually factual??

Right, wait till I see Gavin on Tuesday!! I want all my back pay.

:crying: :crying: :crying:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 31, 2019, 12:04:09 pm by RobTheRover »
When "we" make statements a certain faction of the posters will immediately insist on having evidence. Reversing the logic, where is the evidence that DM has been looking for a 9 and that the board have not just pocketed the cash from the sale of JM? 

Please provide a list of all the trialists DM has seen. 

Don't tell me I am not right because I know I am, and I am not paid by the club 24*7 to promote Rovers like some on here clearly are. I swear some people never log off.

People get paid by the club???

For posting stuff on here that is actually factual??

Right, wait till I see Gavin on Tuesday!! I want all my back pay.

:crying: :crying: :crying:

🤑🤑🤑

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 31, 2019, 01:03:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
Three types of critic on here:

1. Panic Merchant - we just need to be doing something as everyone else is signing people, so just sign someone, anyone, quickly!!!!

2. Conspiracy Theorist - we have nearly £2m from Marquis and we haven’t replaced him or other players that have left yet, so there must be something wrong and likely Watson/Bramall/Baldwin are up to no good with that cash as he only explanation. PS does anyone know for definite that the fridge light goes off when the door is closed?!

3. Troll

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 31, 2019, 01:39:54 pm by northern soul »
We can still sign free agents after Monday, it's only transfers from other clubs that needed to be done before Monday.
VA could be done after the deadline.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 31, 2019, 01:56:12 pm by drfchound »
Funny how showing concern for the season is seen as panicking. No it is not.

Don't Portsmouth, Ipswich, Sunderland, Coventry, Blackpool, Peterborough all think they have a really good chance of a top 6 slot? And personally, I won't disagree with them, so where does that leave us? OddsChecker shows us about 12th in the table, and that's an outsider unbiased view.

I'll say it again, don't expect to be in the top 6 and there is nothing to worry about.

The time Darren takes to make any decision I'm surprised he doesn't spend all day deciding which sock to put on first.

If we had played and won 5-0 at Bolton we would be top of the league.
I wonder where odds checker would have us placed then.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 31, 2019, 02:02:59 pm by Pliskin »

1. Panic Merchant - we just need to be doing something as everyone else is signing people, so just sign someone, anyone, quickly!!!!

2. Conspiracy Theorist - we have nearly £2m from Marquis and we haven’t replaced him or other players that have left yet, so there must be something wrong and likely Watson/Bramall/Baldwin are up to no good with that cash as he only explanation. PS does anyone know for definite that the fridge light goes off when the door is closed?!

3. Troll

4. High-and-mighty types - consider themselves to be a superior ranking of football supporter, see any criticism of the club as a trait of reactionary inferiors and patrol the forum 24/7 to smugly denounce this at every given opportunity in order to demonstrate this aforementioned superiority.

These people would be entirely comfortable with having an entire starting XI of 19 year olds on loan from Wolves, and if Mr Blobby were to be unveiled as the new #9 on Monday, they would be on here saying "give the lad a chance", "trust in DM" etc.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 31, 2019, 02:15:44 pm by RedJ »

3. Troll

4. High-and-mighty types - consider themselves to be a superior ranking of football supporter, see any criticism of the club as a trait of reactionary inferiors and patrol the forum 24/7 to smugly denounce this at every given opportunity in order to demonstrate this aforementioned superiority.

These people would be entirely comfortable with having an entire starting XI of 19 year olds on loan from Wolves, and if Mr Blobby were to be unveiled as the new #9 on Monday, they would be on here saying "give the lad a chance", "trust in DM" etc.

5 - people who make out anyone who isn't one of 1-3 is 4.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012