Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 12:49:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: There’s going to be a lot of pxxxed off people  (Read 7053 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
There’s going to be a lot of pxxxed off people
« on August 30, 2019, 03:30:26 pm by phil old leake »
If Leon Clarke doesn’t sign.  I wish they’d either do it or keep quiet

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: There’s going to be a lot of pxxxed off people
« Reply #1 on August 30, 2019, 03:36:55 pm by IDM »
Given the way DM has gone about his business, nothing would surprise us.

Clarke is a particular name who has been discussed at length by fans but realistically we have no idea whether he is one of our targets or not..

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 30, 2019, 03:44:30 pm by sha66y »
There’s ALWAYS a lot of p****d off people on here, I don’t think it matters what the subject matter is....

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 30, 2019, 04:05:01 pm by steve@dcfd »
It doesn’t matter who DM has chosen. The CEO must get that person over the line. To ensure we match the requirements of DM. Plus a defender then we will be set up

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 30, 2019, 04:10:29 pm by Michael Shaw »
As we keep being told "be patient" we have LOADS of time and DM will do whatever DM decides to do. And if he doesn't sign anyone up at all there's nowt you can do about it. That's the nature of supporting this club. As some will say, it's none of your business until the deal is done (or it is too late).

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 30, 2019, 04:25:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Funny how the ones who are pissed off.. Are generally the ones who are pissed off, win, lose, draw, rain or shine.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 30, 2019, 04:28:20 pm by Barmby Rover »
We have a good enough squad at the moment to be challenging the best teams, adding to it will obviously improve our chances, but I am happy with what we have. If we find the right jigsaw piece then so be it, if not look again at Xmas. Be grateful we have that luxury, a lot of other teams in this division would love to be in our position.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 30, 2019, 04:29:54 pm by Michael Shaw »
What's the chances of Leon Clarke going to Bolton now they are able to splash the cash?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 30, 2019, 04:32:27 pm by the vicar »
As we keep being told "be patient" we have LOADS of time and DM will do whatever DM decides to do. And if he doesn't sign anyone up at all there's nowt you can do about it. That's the nature of supporting this club. As some will say, it's none of your business until the deal is done (or it is too late).
from now till 5pm on Monday is no way loads of time, no matter how you look at it

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 30, 2019, 04:35:20 pm by steve@dcfd »
We have a good enough squad at the moment to be challenging the best teams, adding to it will obviously improve our chances, but I am happy with what we have. If we find the right jigsaw piece then so be it, if not look again at Xmas. Be grateful we have that luxury, a lot of other teams in this division would love to be in our position.

That’s your opinion not the managers who has kept the No9 shirt for a striker he also said he needed another defender. So let’s hope we get them to have squad that the manager wants.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 30, 2019, 04:35:36 pm by Michael Shaw »
Since we lost JM on 31 July we have waited and waited and waited and still no news. And told we are impatient to not wait longer and longer until we only have ONE working day until the window closes and still no news.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 30, 2019, 04:36:20 pm by the vicar »
What's the chances of Leon Clarke going to Bolton now they are able to splash the cash?
well bury would be

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 30, 2019, 04:38:38 pm by IDM »
Since we lost JM on 31 July we have waited and waited and waited and still no news. And told we are impatient to not wait longer and longer until we only have ONE working day until the window closes and still no news.

The tone of your post implies the club hasn’t been trying to sign players..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 30, 2019, 04:39:53 pm by the vicar »
Well said Michael. By The way how is your bost

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 30, 2019, 04:40:23 pm by Michael Shaw »

Glad to see my tone was not misunderstood then.  Where is our No 9?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 30, 2019, 04:41:43 pm by Michael Shaw »
... . and why would Bolton not buy up the Leon Clarke when they are racing to build a team at this stage?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 30, 2019, 04:43:18 pm by Al4475 »
I think (easier said than done I know) Rovers fans should just see what pans out. It's clear potential targets are relatively high and the difficulty is getting them over the line. I would suggest Moore and his coaching team are good enough to improve the quality of the players through training, let's not forget this is a manager who almost kept a poor west brom side in the prem  and was sacked while they were 4th in the division below.  He is higher calibre than many other managers/coaches at this level, he has an eye for a good player (Taylor, Ennis, John are proof of that) and believes he can get Rovers where they want to be methodically and with getting the pieces for his jigsaw - it took SO'D a long time but many would agree it was worth the wait. There's nothing wrong with a bit of impatience from fans but there's a lot right in having patience and reaping the rewards in the end.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 30, 2019, 04:43:27 pm by vaya »
... . and why would Bolton not buy up the Leon Clarke when they are racing to build a team at this stage?

Are Bolton interested in Leon Clarke?

Straight yes or no will do.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 30, 2019, 04:52:50 pm by IDM »

Glad to see my tone was not misunderstood then.  Where is our No 9?

So you don’t think the club has been looking.?

In which case why ask where the no 9 is.?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 30, 2019, 04:55:09 pm by Dare to dream! »
Really? I'd rather we didn't sign a 34 year old tbf.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 30, 2019, 04:56:35 pm by steve@dcfd »

As of yet they have signed one player today and he’s been with them waiting.
Problem whoever wants to sign Leon Clarke he’s now on premier league wages for a year. So the package to get him over the line will not be easy so we will see where he goes if anywhere before 5pm Monday.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 30, 2019, 05:00:19 pm by Michael Shaw »
When "we" make statements a certain faction of the posters will immediately insist on having evidence. Reversing the logic, where is the evidence that DM has been looking for a 9 and that the board have not just pocketed the cash from the sale of JM? 

Please provide a list of all the trialists DM has seen. 

Don't tell me I am not right because I know I am, and I am not paid by the club 24*7 to promote Rovers like some on here clearly are. I swear some people never log off.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 30, 2019, 05:06:24 pm by IDM »
The evidence the club is looking for players has been reported in our local media quoting DM on several occasions..

If you choose not to believe that just because the players have yet to sign, or you think no signings = no action, that’s your prerogative..

I for one would conclude however that you are talking b*llocks..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 30, 2019, 05:08:21 pm by IDM »
Don't tell me I am not right because I know I am, and I am not paid by the club 24*7 to promote Rovers like some on here clearly are. I swear some people never log off.

Now that is b*llocks..

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 30, 2019, 05:11:09 pm by vaya »
When "we" make statements a certain faction of the posters will immediately insist on having evidence. Reversing the logic, where is the evidence that DM has been looking for a 9 and that the board have not just pocketed the cash from the sale of JM? 

Please provide a list of all the trialists DM has seen. 

Comedy gold. All of it.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 30, 2019, 05:12:48 pm by mjg »
Wages will be to high , we don’t want to end up like bury do we

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 30, 2019, 05:15:26 pm by Nudga »

You stamped your feet whilst typing that didn't you.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 30, 2019, 05:22:28 pm by IDM »
Viz comic used to have a character called “Spoilt bas**rd”..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 30, 2019, 05:25:45 pm by dickos1 »
The evidence the club is looking for players has been reported in our local media quoting DM on several occasions..

If you choose not to believe that just because the players have yet to sign, or you think no signings = no action, that’s your prerogative..

I for one would conclude however that you are talking b*llocks..

I don’t believe for a minute that we haven’t been trying. But it does make you wonder what the problem is.
Moore took over a squad that was evidently very thin and he’s signed one player on a permanent transfer (two if you include Baptiste)

We lost a lot of contracted players in the summer and haven’t replaced many of them. That isn’t a moan it’s just a fact.

I’m just hoping it’s an exciting day on Monday, we’ve not had many exciting deadline days over the years

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 30, 2019, 05:39:19 pm by IDM »
It doesn’t make me wonder anything..

I can’t influence the transfers so I can’t lose sleep over it, I would like us to get one or two more players in, but if we don’t, what good does it achieve by coming on here and being angry about it.?

What will be will be..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012