Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:53:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: NHS  (Read 42629 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: NHS
« Reply #420 on December 10, 2019, 09:48:27 am by Ldr »
I'm curious, why have the BBC not credited the photo to the childs mother but to a registered press photographer?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-50713236

https://thebppa.com/author/benlackpicsgmail-com/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #421 on December 10, 2019, 09:50:53 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I'm curious, why have the BBC not credited the photo to the childs mother but to a registered press photographer?

https://thebppa.com/author/benlackpicsgmail-com/

Because it was taken by a press photographer and not the Mother

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #422 on December 10, 2019, 09:51:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
WingCo.

I go on the balance of evidence.

Tory Party HQ lies as a matter of policy. They lied about the claim that a Labour heckler had punched a Tory worker outside the hospital. The same source was the one that claimed Labour had been taxi-ing in activists. They have produced zero evidence for that claim. Meanwhile, one of the hecklers, posting under his own name, posted on Twitter last night that he works 200m round the corner and legged it round there when he heard that Matt Hancock was there.

Wing Co. You've SEEN it from the Tories throughout this campaign. They lie so often and so systematically that people can't cope with it. Smart people like you are not processing the tidal wave of lies and are assuming that they must be based on truth. While also implicitly assuming that the other side must be just as bad. As in, your thoughts on whether that photo was staged.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #423 on December 10, 2019, 09:51:55 am by Ldr »
Do you often take your local friendly press photographer with you when you are in an ambulance with your child?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #424 on December 10, 2019, 09:54:19 am by SydneyRover »
The tube Ldr, where does the tube go?  :)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #425 on December 10, 2019, 10:07:37 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Do you often take your local friendly press photographer with you when you are in an ambulance with your child?

Of course not LDR, which probably explains why it wasn’t the Mother who called the press. It was someone else at the hospital. As explained in a conversation on a radio phone in this morning with a journalist involved. So, the parents say it’s true, the hospital say it’s true, the press says it’s true and even Matt Hancock says it’s true. The only people who are continuing to walk around with their eyes closed are Tory apologists. As usual.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #426 on December 10, 2019, 10:12:47 am by Sprotyrover »
Oh by the way lthough A&E was crammed last night on my way to x Ray I counted 68 empty trolleys in all sorts of shapes and sizes.
One of the nurses mentioned the little Boy in Leeds and he had been put on a Trolley, his mum took him of and took the photo.one of her mates from uni works at Leeds.

Odd. My mates neighbours cousin was at an A&E in Bristol. One of the Nurses has a mate who had a sister who knew a bloke who worked in a shop in Leeds in 1974. He said it was all b*llocks.
I know him! Jimmy Saville! It will all come out in the wash those corridors wii have CCTV all they need to do is review it trolley goes in to room comes out again empty 2 mins later, story is true 😎

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #427 on December 10, 2019, 10:15:58 am by Sprotyrover »
There were press photographers all over A&E last night taking photos of poorly people... NOT

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #428 on December 10, 2019, 10:16:22 am by Ldr »
So, the mother admits she put him on the floor, press photographer called, and you cant admit the overt politicising of this? I guess not because dear comrades wouldn't manipulate for gain at all would they. I get it happened, i dont like the inference the staff put him there when the mother states he was on a chair. I am proud of where I work and dont like it smeared (by either side) for political gain

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #429 on December 10, 2019, 10:21:26 am by Sprotyrover »
Where's the tube going that's going up out of shot?

added

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50717606
You can see the wheels of the trolley in that photo chuffing unreal!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #430 on December 10, 2019, 10:23:37 am by SydneyRover »
This is better than CSI, next please  :)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #431 on December 10, 2019, 10:26:42 am by Herbert Anchovy »
So, the mother admits she put him on the floor, press photographer called, and you cant admit the overt politicising of this? I guess not because dear comrades wouldn't manipulate for gain at all would they. I get it happened, i dont like the inference the staff put him there when the mother states he was on a chair. I am proud of where I work and dont like it smeared (by either side) for political gain

Not sure I said the Mother admits she put him on the floor?

You might not like the NHS ‘smeared’ by either side and I get you’re proud of where you work. However, the NHS is extremely important to the majority of people in this country and is (still) a publicly funded organisation, so it’s obvious it will always be an important factor in any election. Also, I don’t think anyone is criticising the staff at the hospital either. From everyone I’ve heard and everything I’ve read the opinion is that hospital staff do a very good job DESPITE the Tories and their policy of cost cutting and not because of them.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #432 on December 10, 2019, 10:28:45 am by Ldr »
No HA, the mother says that in the YP article not you mate

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #433 on December 10, 2019, 10:39:38 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Where's the tube going that's going up out of shot?

added

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50717606
You can see the wheels of the trolley in that photo chuffing unreal!

Yep, the Tory voters know more than the parents, hospital, press and health secretary

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #434 on December 10, 2019, 10:40:17 am by Herbert Anchovy »
No HA, the mother says that in the YP article not you mate
:)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #435 on December 10, 2019, 10:56:43 am by SydneyRover »
It is not 100% genuine. The child was on a drip in a chair which, though not ideal, is a perfectly acceptable clinical situation. The childs mother has out him on the floor. A drip needs gravity in general to work not placed on the floor. Also and more importantly infection control would not allow placing of a patient on the floor. In the uncropped photo chair and trolley can be seen

Not a drip an oxygen mask, so the tube presumably went to the supply socket at the wall?

''A four-year-old boy with suspected pneumonia was forced to sleep on a hospital treatment room floor because of a lack of beds.

Jack was photographed lying on a pile of coats and with an oxygen mask at Leeds General Infirmary (LGI) on 3 December.

His mother, Sarah, told The Daily Mirror seeing the NHS crisis for herself meant she would vote Labour.

The hospital apologised and said it had had its busiest week since 2016.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #436 on December 10, 2019, 11:04:29 am by wing commander »
  The fact that we are all arguing about these points at all really does show the level our politics has become it's pretty gutter stuff and I'm not sure anybody can take much credit from it at national level at least..A poorly 4 year old boy being kicked around as a political football..Jesus is this what it's come too.??

I thought my faith was being restored,i had a Labour activist knock on my door this weekend.And although it's fare to say we didn't agree on much we had a decent debate tbh on Brexit,nhs and other topics.Strangely the thing we disagreed on most was the requirement for a prospective mp to actually live in the constituency,but it was good hustings stuff...

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #437 on December 10, 2019, 11:07:19 am by SydneyRover »
Thanks for that WC but it looks like the 'story' is true unless some of the amateur detectives can come up with something else

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #438 on December 10, 2019, 11:16:05 am by wing commander »
Why do you say that???..it would be the hospital trusts policy to apologise straight away then investigate after..Right now I don't think anybody can tell anybody for definite whether it's true or not.Frankly I'm past caring on this particular isolated point,it's poor stuff...

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #439 on December 10, 2019, 11:18:02 am by SydneyRover »
Hey WC talk to those with the conspiracy theory.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #440 on December 10, 2019, 11:22:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
WC.

You've just hit the nail on the head.

"after..Right now I don't think anybody can tell anybody for definite whether it's true or not."

This is PRECISELY what the Tories want. They have based their campaign on THE most outrageous policy of lying from day one. They want you to be fed up with it and to say "I can't tell what is true anymore". And then that approach has won.

These are terrifying times. We HAVE to draw a distinction between what is demonstrable lying (and there's been a monsoon of that from the Tories) and what is nudge-nudge hints of lying. You CANNOT let them win by just chucking your hands up and assuming all sides are equally culpable when there is no evidence to support that. Otherwise, you're effectively giving up on rational democracy. The sides that lie HAVE TO BE PUNISHED BY THE VOTERS!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #441 on December 10, 2019, 11:50:38 am by wing commander »
      For me I base my choice on two things..One the quality of the prospective candidates who are standing in my local area.I have said before that my Mp has done a awful lot in my constituency for local causes from lobbying and getting local flood defences improved,working hard to bring Siemens into the area,and lots of other things including personally helping me with my sons education funding.He not a national politician looking for a big job but someone who works for the community..

The prospective Labour Mp doesn't even live in the constituency and has based his campaign,hustings and literature solely on the national picture of Austerity and not once mentioned local issues probably because he doesn't know anything about them..

The second thing I consider is the national/world picture and the manifestos.I don't believe Labour can come close to raising the money from business that they need to implement these policy's even forgetting the broadband,dental,housing promises that are simply not deliverable.Borrowing would go through the roof,interest rates will rise as will unemployment.Labour foreign policy and their ability to do business with the likes of the USA which whether you like it or not is absolutely crucial is another massive concern of mine..I think Labours front bench as it is now would be disastrous for this country,and that's before we even mention the wishy washy position on brexit which in reality is probably supporting remain in anything other than name.

Personally I dont look at fake websites,spin rooms or the like.Now I appreciate you don't agree with those beliefs but that's my view and why on this occasion I couldn't put a cross in Labours box

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #442 on December 10, 2019, 12:08:12 pm by Filo »
      For me I base my choice on two things..One the quality of the prospective candidates who are standing in my local area.I have said before that my Mp has done a awful lot in my constituency for local causes from lobbying and getting local flood defences improved,working hard to bring Siemens into the area,and lots of other things including personally helping me with my sons education funding.He not a national politician looking for a big job but someone who works for the community..

The prospective Labour Mp doesn't even live in the constituency and has based his campaign,hustings and literature solely on the national picture of Austerity and not once mentioned local issues probably because he doesn't know anything about them..

The second thing I consider is the national/world picture and the manifestos.I don't believe Labour can come close to raising the money from business that they need to implement these policy's even forgetting the broadband,dental,housing promises that are simply not deliverable.Borrowing would go through the roof,interest rates will rise as will unemployment.Labour foreign policy and their ability to do business with the likes of the USA which whether you like it or not is absolutely crucial is another massive concern of mine..I think Labours front bench as it is now would be disastrous for this country,and that's before we even mention the wishy washy position on brexit which in reality is probably supporting remain in anything other than name.

Personally I dont look at fake websites,spin rooms or the like.Now I appreciate you don't agree with those beliefs but that's my view and why on this occasion I couldn't put a cross in Labours box

If thats the case, you don’t have to put a cross in the Conservative box either

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #443 on December 10, 2019, 12:19:34 pm by Filo »
Here’s the Yorkshire Post Explaining the story in a tweet

https://twitter.com/jaymitchinson/status/1204344653174181888

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #444 on December 10, 2019, 12:25:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
On that subject, I assume you saw the consummate lying by the Tories to deflect from the story about NHS underfunding? Piping that lie through Kuenssberg and Peston that a Labour activist punched a Tory worker at the hospital?

You're a smart lad BFYP. I cannot believe that people like you are going to reward this behaviour. It is beyond scary that a political party can behave like this and not be sanctioned by the voters. You KNOW where this leads.

I did see it and I really do not like it.  As you know in an election we have to weigh up lots of things and what is my alternative?  I want Brexit to happen, I don't believe in nationalisation or tax rises that I believe labour will have to deliver at a much higher level than they claim to fund this (probably blaming the world economy), thus where do I go?  Do I just not vote or do I accept that I don't like the Tory leaders but can hack that for the closeness to their policies, which are not hard right despite what the left may say?

I would probably vote Lib Dem if it wasn't for Brexit (probably not surprising as I really favoured them in the past).  I again don't agree with all their policies (such as raising income taxes by 1%) but there are some aspects that I do like (childcare from the age of 9 months really would help families earn a decent wage) and they are almost a sensible compromise, but they went hugely too far with the remain at all costs option.

There are massive, massive downsides to all of them, the Tories will be largest party because of Brexit, but largely not for anything else.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #445 on December 12, 2019, 03:35:20 pm by albie »
Roll up, roll up....for the big health data sale;
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/12/12/nhs_data_leak/

I wonder why they are doing this....who could be interested in accessing your health data, anonymous or not?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #446 on December 13, 2019, 12:02:19 am by SydneyRover »
It helps big pharma in targeting, not that US big pharma would do that of course.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #447 on December 13, 2019, 05:05:54 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
And the day after a huge Tory win, another record has been broken. For the first time ever, every single A&E unit in the country has missed its waiting time targets. Nice one Tories, nice one...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #448 on December 13, 2019, 08:56:32 pm by drfchound »
It could of course has been due to the large number of Labour supporters who have slit their wrists.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #449 on December 13, 2019, 08:56:58 pm by Campsall rover »
And the day after a huge Tory win, another record has been broken. For the first time ever, every single A&E unit in the country has missed its waiting time targets. Nice one Tories, nice one...
Tell me how throwing another 100 million pounds or whatever sum you want the government to spend is going to cure waiting lists.
It’s so simple isn’t it. Come on tell me how it’s going to solve it.

We never had waiting time targets missed under a labour government did we. Never never never. :facepalm:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012