Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:37:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump and democracy  (Read 52519 times)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Trump and democracy
« Reply #510 on October 23, 2020, 06:17:41 pm by tyke1962 »
  After Biden's poor showing last night, saying he would close down the oil industry £10 million has been bet on a trump win.
  According to reports Biden was pathetic last night, not reported on BBC of course.

Aye well we all know who wins the most in a bookies v punter contest .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #512 on October 23, 2020, 06:34:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  After Biden's poor showing last night, saying he would close down the oil industry £10 million has been bet on a trump win.
  According to reports Biden was pathetic last night, not reported on BBC of course.

'According to reports'? You haven't been watching the US media then. CNN had a group of a dozen North Carolinian (swing state) undecideds. None of them said Trump won the debate and all but three of them had now decided to vote Biden based on the debate they'd just watched. Which 'reports' are you talking about or are you keeping them secret as usual?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #513 on October 23, 2020, 06:39:52 pm by EasyforDennis »

'According to reports'? You haven't been watching the US media then. CNN had a group of a dozen North Carolinian (swing state) undecideds. None of them said Trump won the debate and all but three of them had now decided to vote Biden based on the debate they'd just watched. Which 'reports' are you talking about or are you keeping them secret as usual?

Let me guess. He got that information from Fox News Trumps pet channel.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #514 on October 23, 2020, 06:41:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Let me guess. He got that information from Fox News Trumps pet channel.

It's usually some random anonymous bloke on an unnamed radio station.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #515 on October 23, 2020, 08:25:34 pm by IDM »

Close down, or reform.?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #516 on October 23, 2020, 09:34:33 pm by ravenrover »
You obviously didn't listen to Radio 4 news at 5.00pm then Selby,

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #517 on October 24, 2020, 01:28:40 am by tyke1962 »
From what I've read tonight the US are expecting the biggest voter turn out by percentage since 1908 .

I'll stick my head out and say it's to vote against Trump , as mental as the Americans are I'd be amazed if it's to support him .

He's got his multi millions of support of course he has but that's because of the size of population and it's a relative factor .

He's about at best a 12% chance of winning according to what I've read from credible sources tonight .

The only reason the democrats aren't giving it the big un is because of what happened in 2016 , even though Blair knew he was going to win in 97 they knew to not get too carried away .

I personally think Trump is heading for a real hiding .

This fecker humiliated will be about the best news the worlds had in a while .

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #518 on October 24, 2020, 07:07:53 am by IDM »
It will be a “relative factor” in some parts of the States..!!

Unfortunately millions of US citizens have no idea nor care less how their country and leaders are viewed elsewhere and are stuck in 19th century mentality.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #519 on October 25, 2020, 09:54:29 am by EasyforDennis »
It will be a “relative factor” in some parts of the States..!!

Unfortunately millions of US citizens have no idea nor care less how their country and leaders are viewed elsewhere and are stuck in 19th century mentality.

19th???? You are being kind there.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #520 on October 25, 2020, 10:11:38 am by SydneyRover »
Huge voter turnout usually goes againt the incumbant but on this occasion it may be to do wirh covid. However I have read many articles on how grass roots organisations have been mobilising to nulify the gerimandering and obstructions to african americans and bame people voting.

Fingers crossed he gets smashed.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #521 on October 26, 2020, 09:33:33 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Will America really vote in a cowardly bully like this for another 4 years?

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/1320519094295240712

Polls are saying he has a 1 in 8 chance. Quite astonishing that, after seeing him in action for 4 years, 40-odd% still support him. Never mind the 25,000 documented lies. The 500 kids separated from their parents at the border, put in cages and now not able to be reunited. The catastrophic dealing with COVID. The fawning to dictators and abuse at democratic allies. The Mueller report that resulted in numerous close colleagues being convicted of lying and perjury, rather than tell the truth on what they knew of Trump.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:29:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #522 on October 26, 2020, 09:55:31 am by IDM »

Fingers crossed he gets smashed.

Yes, up the arse with a baseball bat..

Sideways.!!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #523 on October 26, 2020, 12:37:10 pm by ravenrover »
Iteresting interview with Fauci yesterday picking up on comments by Trump and openly disagreeing with him. Marr tried to turn it into a he said you said discussion but he politely put Marr in his place. Pity we don't have people like him in his position willing to come put and say when our Clown and his cronies are telling porkies

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #524 on October 26, 2020, 12:50:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Marr was appalling in that interview. Worst kind of journalism. Just trying to create a scandal instead of using it to inform people.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #525 on October 26, 2020, 01:46:45 pm by EasyforDennis »
Marr was appalling in that interview. Worst kind of journalism. Just trying to create a scandal instead of using it to inform people.

Tell me when isn't Marr appalling?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #526 on October 26, 2020, 06:47:28 pm by drfchound »
Will America really vote in a cowardly bully like this for another 4 years?

https://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2020/04/martin-lewis--working-from-home-due-to-coronavirus--claim-p6-wk-/?_ga=2.75919825.57767697.1603226315-1438800863.1594298240

Polls are saying he has a 1 in 8 chance. Quite astonishing that, after seeing him in action for 4 years, 40-odd% still support him. Never mind the 25,000 documented lies. The 500 kids separated from their parents at the border, put in cages and now not able to be reunited. The catastrophic dealing with COVID. The fawning to dictators and abuse at democratic allies. The Mueller report that resulted in numerous close colleagues being convicted of lying and perjury, rather than tell the truth on what they knew of Trump.

I didn’t know that Martin Lewis was such a tw@t.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #527 on October 26, 2020, 09:21:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ha! That'll teach me to post without checking the link I pasted.

This was the link I meant to post.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #528 on October 26, 2020, 09:24:20 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
https://news.sky.com/story/trump-calls-out-biden-for-confusing-him-with-george-w-bush-couldnt-remember-my-name-12115287

Was just reading through and saw this.  There has to be some concern about the guy's general mental fitness, particularly for another 4 years.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #529 on October 26, 2020, 09:27:17 pm by SydneyRover »
Ha! That'll teach me to post without checking the link I pasted.

This was the link I meant to post.

I did wonder what the connection was after reading it twice, the bit where he accuses her of giving Biden a 'soft' interview and her reply ................... I haven't interviewed Biden!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #530 on October 27, 2020, 02:25:08 am by scawsby steve »
George Trump?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #531 on October 27, 2020, 03:48:59 pm by MachoMadness »
I'd put Biden in front of Trump in any mental sharpness test you can think of!

But here's what I was worried about, and why I still think Trump will win (albeit not legitimately) - his other dodgy court pick, Brett Kavanaugh, indicates mail-in votes shouldn't be counted after election night. This means you can mail in your ballot in plenty of time, and if the state can't count it before election night, then your vote won't count. I'll be honest, I don't see how this election gets resolved peacefully, I really don't.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/26/in-wisconsin-ruling-supreme-court-foreshadows-election-night-cliffhanger-432725

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #532 on October 27, 2020, 05:10:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

But here's what I was worried about, and why I still think Trump will win (albeit not legitimately) - his other dodgy court pick, Brett Kavanaugh, indicates mail-in votes shouldn't be counted after election night. This means you can mail in your ballot in plenty of time, and if the state can't count it before election night, then your vote won't count. I'll be honest, I don't see how this election gets resolved peacefully, I really don't.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/26/in-wisconsin-ruling-supreme-court-foreshadows-election-night-cliffhanger-432725

Been saying as much for a while MM. There's no way on God's earth that Trump is accepting defeat without fighting like the deranged animal he is.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #533 on October 28, 2020, 12:29:03 am by SydneyRover »
There's a whole lot of rules for different states re posting and recieval times

https://www.brookings.edu/research/voting-by-mail-in-a-pandemic-a-state-by-state-scorecard/

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #534 on October 29, 2020, 12:13:52 am by BillyStubbsTears »
If he wasn't such an obnoxious human being, Trump in late 2020 would be almost pitiable.

This was him today. Rambling like a drunk on the street corner.
https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1321548174427852801

For comparison, this was him in 2015 when he announced he was going to run for President. Still talking bullshit in content, but look at the difference in his demeanour.

https://youtu.be/apjNfkysjbM

Astonishing how deranged he has become.

And to think. After next Tuesday, when he has lost the election by 10%, he still has possession of the nuclear codes for 11 weeks.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #535 on October 29, 2020, 06:32:41 am by Donnywolf »

Been saying as much for a while MM. There's no way on God's earth that Trump is accepting defeat without fighting like the deranged animal he is.

.... be prepared for "stolen the election folks - stole it "   :aok:

.... "fake news fake result folks fake result"  :aok:

.... " illegal result folks legal challenge folks" He wont say that he isnt smart enough LOL

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #536 on October 29, 2020, 11:55:07 am by MachoMadness »
Thing is the republicans have already done so much to tamper with the vote that the democrats won't accept it if he wins. And if he loses, he sure as hell won't accept that. He's created a tinderbox and I don't see any way that it doesn't get set on fire.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #537 on October 29, 2020, 12:25:45 pm by EasyforDennis »
And he hasn't rushed to get US Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett so quickly for no reason.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #538 on October 29, 2020, 12:29:00 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Quote from Seth Abramson:

It's sickest political plot in U.S. history: you do *nothing* to fight a pandemic; it forces people to vote by mail; a stooge slows the mail; two stolen SCOTUS seats ensure you get an opinion saying vote-counting must stop early.

*That's* how you try to steal an election.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #539 on October 29, 2020, 10:34:12 pm by SydneyRover »
He's certainly in a moral free zone and capable of anything Dutch

TinyPortal © 2005-2012