Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:55:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Parties  (Read 4948 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Parties
« Reply #60 on May 09, 2020, 10:40:57 pm by wilts rover »
MAGICMONDAYGATE: Clear now that Thursday’s UK front pages represent the worst communications error in this country of the entire pandemic. This was briefed in total contrast to public interest and reality. It should be investigated.

David Yelland - the man who called Tony Blair the 'Most Dangerous Man In Britain' whilst editor of the S*n

https://twitter.com/davidyelland/status/1259006328887967746

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on May 09, 2020, 10:58:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB
The word "interview" never came up until the No10 press office tried unshitting the bed.

I think an outrageous lie, repeated multiple times even after being reprimanded by the independent head of the ONS, believed by half the population on a subject so important stands for all time. It do you have a statute of limitations on the morality of lies and liars?

I'll set you another challenge then. Don't look for left wing lies in order to be biased. Do it as a research exercise. Go and see how many clear and unambiguous lies on matters of demonstrable objective truth you can find from prominent left wing politicians over the past decade. Not interpretations of policy, or predictions that turned out to be flawed. Lies.

Like the ones we got regularly from David David when he was Brexit Secretary that the Govt had done no projections of the economic effects of Brexit. They had.

Like the one from Johnson in the Election Campaign that the Govt had set aside funding for 40 new hospitals. They had set aside funding for 6.

Like the one from Matt Hancock more recently that the Govt was liaising with supermarkets to get food to the vulnerable. They weren't.

Go on. Go and do some research and find similar levels of objective truth denial on the Left. I have and I've found nothing going back years. But it is ingrained on the Right now. You can either care about it or criticise those who point it out. Past experience suggests which way you will go.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 09, 2020, 11:07:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What about Corbyn's lie about his income tax proposal only going to affect 5% of taxpayers?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 09, 2020, 11:11:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That wasn't a lie. It was correct. The income tax proposals in the manifesto WOUKD have only affected the top 5% of earners.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on May 09, 2020, 11:14:44 pm by Bentley Bullet »
No, It was a lie.

What about Corbyn's lie about the costing for the WASPI women?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 09, 2020, 11:22:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What about Corbyn's lies on anti-Semitism?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on May 09, 2020, 11:24:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What lies about costings for the WASPI women? Give us some detail about what lies on objective truth he made.

I'll grant you, it was spectacularly shite politics, but where did he lie?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 09, 2020, 11:26:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ditto on anti-Semitism. Give me an example of where he lied over an issue where the objective truth is clear and unarguable.

Like, for example, No10 racing off to lie to Kuenssberg and Peston about an aide being assaulted by a Labour supporter outside that hospital two days before the Election. That is a specific allegation, made AFTER the fact and the record shows that the objective truth is that it didn't happen.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on May 09, 2020, 11:32:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Or like Grant Shapps who ran the briefing today. The man who insisted he wasn't running a get rich quick scam under an alias while he was an MP. And threatened action for libel against a constituent who said he was. And when it turned out he actually was (objective truth) Shapps said he had "been overly firm with his previous denial". And suffered no career effects. THAT is the sort of thing I'm talking about when I say unambiguous lies over matters of established objective truth. Find me some like that on the other side.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 09, 2020, 11:35:19 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What about Labour's promise to respect the referendum result?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 09, 2020, 11:36:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What lies about costings for the WASPI women? Give us some detail about what lies on objective truth he made.

I'll grant you, it was spectacularly shite politics, but where did he lie?

He lied about how it would be paid.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on May 09, 2020, 11:40:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What was the lie?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 09, 2020, 11:46:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And what was the lie about Labour's income tax policy?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on May 09, 2020, 11:56:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »
His lie was he said the WASPI money was budgeted for but then admitted it would be paid for by Government reserves and more borrowing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 10, 2020, 12:03:06 am by Bentley Bullet »
One more time. He lied about the income tax rise only affecting 5% of the taxpayers. It would have affected more than 5%.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on May 10, 2020, 12:07:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »
McDonnell had said on the very day that they launched the policy that they would pay the WASPI money from reserves and borrowing. What you were seeing in Corbyn was a very poorly prepared politician getting his facts wrong when put under pressure. Something he did repeatedly. Because he was so unused to being questioned. It was a car crash performance, no question.

But OK. Let's assume that was a deliberate attempt to deceive, rather than a second rate mind, out of his depth f**king up his brief. How did the Labour party deal with that? McDonnell made it clear that they would use increased borrowing to fund that pledge.

Now. Compare the Labour party's handling of that one, with the Tory party's handling of the claim that they were funding 40 new hospitals. What did THEY do when it was calmly pointed out to them that they weren't? They went into the Election still insisting that they WERE providing that funding.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 10, 2020, 12:08:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
What was the claim on Income Tax and what was the lie?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 10, 2020, 12:11:58 am by Bentley Bullet »
he lied about it only affecting 5% of taxpayers when 2million people other than the 5% would be affected by having marriage allowance taken off them.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 10, 2020, 12:40:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
OK. Accepted. I was talking about the proposals in the manifesto. The big, first order things.

Context. The Labour party manifesto said that no-one earning less that £80k per year would see their income tax RATES increased. That translated in speeches into no-one outside the top 5% (roughly £80k) would pay more tax. That was stupid and shoddy because, as you say, there was a minor tweak to the married allowance.

That tweak would have resulted in a maximum difference of £1-200million to the total UK tax take. (The maximum loss to a couple earning £63,000 between them would have been £250. Most couples would have lost far less. And Labour, said that their plans to increase Govt spending and hence, the economic output, would have resulted in  improved economic performance and wages that would have greatly outweighed this small loss. Which is hard to argue against from a basic macroeconomic standpoint.) But let's ignore the upside. The income tax bill is about £200bn. So yes, this stupidly overinflated claim that wasn't checked was wrong, to the tune of 0.1% of the income tax bill.

Call that a lie is you insist. And then consider what Corbyn's response was when confronted by it, by Andrew Neill in front of the nation (that's the Andrew Neill that Johnson repeatedly said he was happy to face..and then didn't face after all the other leaders had). Corbyn admitted, live on TV, that the claim was wrong. He didn't go into the Election still trumpeting that claim.

Do you see a trend emerging here? There ARE mistakes by political parties. Labour in 2019 especially ran a f**king awful campaign, full of mistakes. The telling thing is how they respond when they are pulled up.

Did anyone from No 10 apologise on national TV for their...let's call it a mistake....over the hospital assault that hit the news headlines two days before polling day? Did anyone apologise for the 40 hospitals claim? Did Johnson apologise for the £350m claim? Or the claim that 80 million Turks were about to get the EU nod to come and live next door to you?

Ever? Once?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:54:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on May 10, 2020, 07:49:32 am by knockers »
I’ve just booked you two a room at The Earl. I think you need to thrash it out with a selection of butt plugs, lube and poppers as I’m sensing a sexual attraction that neither of you will admit to.
It’s booked under Billy Bullet- let us know how you get on!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on May 10, 2020, 09:57:49 am by Bentley Bullet »
Knockers. In fear of being 'gayist' I couldn't take up your proposal, although the thought of using a butt plug on him is very tempting if only to stick in his gob. Apart from the lack of sexual attraction (on my part at least), I couldn't spend even a platonic night with someone who would never admit to being wrong, knowing full well that I would if I ever was.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on May 10, 2020, 10:06:53 am by SydneyRover »
it's a bit early bb?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on May 10, 2020, 10:47:46 am by IDM »
Maybe he’s going to take part in the Dorset “Knob eating” contest this year.?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52571038

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on May 10, 2020, 04:26:14 pm by scawsby steve »
I’ve just booked you two a room at The Earl. I think you need to thrash it out with a selection of butt plugs, lube and poppers as I’m sensing a sexual attraction that neither of you will admit to.
It’s booked under Billy Bullet- let us know how you get on!

Come on, have you seen BST's avatar?

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on May 10, 2020, 04:37:44 pm by foxbat »
a classic ' whaboutery' diversion there.
as if the current stream of lies from the person whose was sacked from his first job for lieing could possibly be compared to Jeremy Corbyn or indeed,have any relevance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012