Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:15:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Parties  (Read 4949 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Parties
« on May 08, 2020, 08:09:32 pm by scawsby steve »
It looks like the lock-down has gone for a burton today. Out on my walk, I've seen more street parties, house parties, and barbecues than I've ever seen in one day in my entire life.

If this has been the theme throughout the whole country, and it doesn't create a second wave of the virus, then it will bolster my belief that many of us have actually had it.

I'm pretty sure I did about the end of February.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Parties
« Reply #1 on May 08, 2020, 08:14:29 pm by IDM »
It is possible to have a street/garden party with your neighbours without breaking lockdown..

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 08, 2020, 08:33:38 pm by rich1471 »
not were i live in Bentley if one of them is infected around 50 of them are now

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 08, 2020, 09:53:12 pm by roversdude »
Quite a few people in beer garden of local club walking about with pints

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 08, 2020, 10:20:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
A few near me.

The press announcing lockdown ending on Monday probably doesn't help at all.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 08, 2020, 10:25:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Been the same in Sheffield. I went out for a walk a few hours ago. Went through three different big-ish street parties. And an open pub.

And if I see another Kitson in an Audi drive down our 20mph road at 50mph I'm hoying a half setter at the bas**rd.

Why is it ALWAYS Audi drivers?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 08, 2020, 10:58:45 pm by drfchound »
A few near me.

The press announcing lockdown ending on Monday probably doesn't help at all.

It is the media who have been talking up the easing of lockdown that has been the issue all week.
There are plenty of d**kheads who will use that as an excuse to break the rules.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 08, 2020, 11:13:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

And where do you think the media got the idea from?

I'll give you a clue. This is the verbatim transcript of what Johnson said on the topic at PMQs on Weds.

"We will want, if we possibly can, to get going with some of these measures on Monday, and I think it will be a good thing if people have an idea of what is coming the following day. That is why I think Sunday—the weekend—is ​the best time to do it."

"These measures" being easing of lockdown.

It all fits the model of him. Zero thought as to the consequences of what he says. Just saying whatever he thinks is going to make him.appear popular in the public eye.

That f**king stupid comment is right up there with the handshaking and Mother's Day ones. And we have seen the consequences today.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:21:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 09, 2020, 07:44:35 am by drfchound »
BST, I know what Johnson said on Wednesday but the fact is that the media were talking about easing of lockdown from Monday.
It was spoken about on the BBC breakfast programme and they were even interviewing some people asking about their opinions on certain things.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 09, 2020, 07:45:23 am by Donnywolf »
.... and the rumour was his Dad had been to see his latest Grandson - thus breaking that protocol.

They didnt challenge him on BBC while I was watching (may have done later) but asked a question that he could answer without lying

Something like " well exciting times so have you seen your new Grandson and have you been watching him on Social media etc"

If the rumour is true he could answere truthfully YES to having seen him and YES to have been watching him on Social media

They didnt say "so come on - level with us have you visited the sprog in person yet" but lets face it there are many many more serious questions that they leave unchallenged.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 09, 2020, 09:11:11 am by Bentley Bullet »
The media, which is unfortunately so relied upon by many for telling the truth, doesn't give a shite about the safety of its audience in the process.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 09, 2020, 09:16:31 am by IDM »
The media wants greater numbers of viewers/readers of their products.. 

The information is there if you filter out all the attention grabbing sensationalism.

For example, there have been discussions n the background about what to do next with furlough but it’s never been a headline on the BBC news - one option is to reduce the payments to 60%.

That won’t be very popular so it’s been buried in the details..

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 09, 2020, 09:18:55 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yep, the BBC do like to be popular. That's why they appeal to the Boris bashers.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 09, 2020, 11:31:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BST, I know what Johnson said on Wednesday but the fact is that the media were talking about easing of lockdown from Monday.
It was spoken about on the BBC breakfast programme and they were even interviewing some people asking about their opinions on certain things.

Do you think the media just all suddenly decided that was the thing to talk about? All at the same time?

Surely you have some inkling of how this works?

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 09, 2020, 12:27:00 pm by redwine »
Hound.

And where do you think the media got the idea from?

I'll give you a clue. This is the verbatim transcript of what Johnson said on the topic at PMQs on Weds.

"We will want, if we possibly can, to get going with some of these measures on Monday, and I think it will be a good thing if people have an idea of what is coming the following day. That is why I think Sunday—the weekend—is ​the best time to do it."

"These measures" being easing of lockdown.

It all fits the model of him. Zero thought as to the consequences of what he says. Just saying whatever he thinks is going to make him.appear popular in the public eye.

That f**king stupid comment is right up there with the handshaking and Mother's Day ones. And we have seen the consequences today.

Yup, four zeros on the bonnet, one zero behind the wheel.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 09, 2020, 12:41:38 pm by drfchound »

Do you think the media just all suddenly decided that was the thing to talk about? All at the same time?

BST, what is wrong with you, why do you have to jump on peoples posts and put them down.
Of course I know how things work.
Earlier in the thread I simply said that the media were talking up the easing of lockdown in response a post by DO who said that it doesn’t help when the media don’t help by announcing the ending of lockdown.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 12:56:56 pm by drfchound »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 09, 2020, 12:56:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I got to musing last night while out walking with my kids on whether the apparently strong societal structures and norms we have are actually a paper thin veneer.

It wasn't the Audis. I expect them to be driven by antisocial bell ends and that's priced in. It wasn't the street parties or the pub.

It was the moment a 6'8" or thereabouts bloke wearing just shorts and a bandana came teararsing down the road on a quad bike woke no number plates, doing 70 or so through a set of traffic lights that had already turned to red. Kind if felt like a mini Mad Max.

You have to wonder, Threads-like, how quickly everything would fall apart if we had a really serious societal problem to deal with.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 09, 2020, 12:58:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BST, what is wrong with you, why do you have to jump on peoples posts and put them down.
Of course I know how things work.
Earlier in the thread I simply said that the media were talking up the easing of lockdown in response a post by DO who said that it doesn’t help when the media don’t help by announcing the ending of lockdown.

It's the frustration of seeing you simply pointing the finger at "the media" (who are shit, granted) but never at the ones who are feeding them the lines to push. You KNOW this is the Govt putting out feelers to see what the response is. So why blame only the media?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 09, 2020, 01:27:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If your theory's right then maybe if the media and its readers weren't so gullible the government wouldn't feed them?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 09, 2020, 01:37:30 pm by IDM »
People like Johnson and Trump rely on the gullible, ignorant and selfish masses, as I have said before, people who only see the headlines and the sensationalism, and ignore the actual truth behind that.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 09, 2020, 01:59:44 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Haha. f**k me rigid! Aye, OK!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 09, 2020, 02:22:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

The owners and editors of The Mail, Express and Sun are far from gullible and naive. They know exactly what they are doing.

In the cases of Kuenssberg and Peston, I'm less sure. They ARE used as conduits to get Govt messages out. There's no question of that. The "assault" story two days before the Election is all the proof you could ever want. What I don't know is whether they are colluding in that deliberately, or if they actually believe that keeping close to Cummings and others actually constitutes proper investigate journalism.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 09, 2020, 02:29:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Strange that. The people I know who read the Mail, Express and Sun say exactly the same about the gullibility of the Guardian readers and the like.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 09, 2020, 02:38:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB
I didn't say anything about readers. Odd of you to raise that point but I'm sure there's a reason. There usually is when you post, even if it's not really connected to the subject matter being discussed.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 09, 2020, 02:41:50 pm by Iberian Red »
BB.
That's because either
1) you've made it up,because you woke up in an argumentative mood.
Or,
2) your little circle of reader friends are thick as f@#k.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 09, 2020, 02:47:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST, YOU might not have been talking about the media, but I was!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 09, 2020, 02:57:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Iberian Red. do you honestly think that you contribute towards BST's cause? Do you honestly think you strengthen his case. It is people like you who, when they show support for his views, cause people like me to take up a stronger resolve against his views.

You are indeed the Britain Surrendering Together party's answer to Diane Abbott.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 09, 2020, 03:11:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

One of THEM days again is it?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 09, 2020, 03:30:18 pm by scawsby steve »
BB.
That's because either
1) you've made it up,because you woke up in an argumentative mood.
Or,
2) your little circle of reader friends are thick as f@#k.

Yeah, thick enough to get political predictions right all the time.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 09, 2020, 03:46:17 pm by keith79 »
I thinks its time to let the idiots out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012