Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:57:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Madness  (Read 3366 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Madness
« on May 10, 2020, 05:25:39 pm by Ldr »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Madness
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2020, 05:41:06 pm by wilts rover »
Pat Mason, leader of the Labour Group said that it was 'simply incorrect' Mr Henderson had been given a warning for working with the Tories.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/05/labour-councillor-warned-working-tories-deliver-food-banks-12657806/

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2020, 05:54:44 pm by drfchound »
Pat Mason, leader of the Labour Group said that it was 'simply incorrect' Mr Henderson had been given a warning for working with the Tories.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/05/labour-councillor-warned-working-tories-deliver-food-banks-12657806/

Could Pat Mason be telling lies though?
Surely not.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2020, 06:04:36 pm by Ldr »
Amazing, from the same article Wilts could have used

"A Labour source told the radio station’s website that the spat risks making the party look like ‘sectarian idiots completely out of touch with the national mood’ and branded the incident ‘completely bonkers’.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/05/labour-councillor-warned-working-tories-deliver-food-banks-12657806/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

But doesn't, bias In action ladies and gentlemen

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 10, 2020, 06:06:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Could Pat Mason be telling lies though?
Surely not.

A Labour councillor lying? Wash your mouth out!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 10, 2020, 06:23:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And here's the reaction.

Yes, of course Pat Mason COULD be lying. But do you have any evidence that he is? Or does regularly.

This is the problem of today's politics in a nutshell. If you go in assuming everyone is lying, you do not differentiate between those who really do and the rest.

For the record, my take is that if this councillor HAS been disciplined for working with the Tories on this, that is boneheadedly stupid, for a number of reasons, including morally and in terms of the political optics. If Mason has lied on the matter to the media, he should be removed from his position.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 10, 2020, 06:24:45 pm by Ldr »
So BST you have a situation where one Labour councillor is lying, but which one

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 10, 2020, 06:30:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.

You've lost me (I'm skim reading this while making tea). Who is the other councillor?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 10, 2020, 06:32:45 pm by scawsby steve »
I have a suspicion that this thread will be very quiet.

I wonder why.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 10, 2020, 06:36:05 pm by Ldr »
Ldr.

You've lost me (I'm skim reading this while making tea). Who is the other councillor?

Ian Henderson, labour councillor who says he has been officially warned for working with the tories on the food bank or Pat Mason the labour council leader who says he hasn't

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 10, 2020, 06:43:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Right. Thanks. I hadn't seen that he'd made that claim.

Then yes, one of them is.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 10, 2020, 06:52:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And if it can be established which one is lying, they should be booted out if the party. No time for people f**king about on an issue as serious as this.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 10, 2020, 06:59:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Am I reading this wrong, but isn't it that he's not been warned for working with the Tories on the food deliveries per se, but for appearing in the Tory propaganda video?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 10, 2020, 07:04:38 pm by IDM »
That’s how I read it..

It seems a bit OTT to discipline him for that, especially in the current climate.

If this was done in the middle of an election campaign, and on an issue critical to the public well being, then that would be a different matter altogether...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 07:06:51 pm by IDM »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 10, 2020, 07:17:10 pm by drfchound »
Am I reading this wrong, but isn't it that he's not been warned for working with the Tories on the food deliveries per se, but for appearing in the Tory propaganda video?

The discussion isn’t about that though.
It is about is Mason telling lies.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2020, 07:17:40 pm by Ldr »

Or Henderson Hound, let's be balanced

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 10, 2020, 07:18:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Do we have a quote from Henderson saying what he claims he was disciplined for?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2020, 07:19:35 pm by drfchound »

Of course, Sydney will be getting out of his bed soon so yes, let’s get it right eh.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2020, 07:22:46 pm by Ldr »
Do we have a quote from Henderson saying what he claims he was disciplined for?

As Glyn said, more about the video. Seems pretty

https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/heres-incredible-reason-labour-party-18212943

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 10, 2020, 07:30:10 pm by wilts rover »
Ldr.

Ian Henderson, labour councillor who says he has been officially warned for working with the tories on the food bank or Pat Mason the labour council leader who says he hasn't

You posted it (without comment). Shouldn't it be you to set down the evidence as to what the truth is. At the moment all we have is second hand LBC or a London newspaper comment?

And why are the Tory Party running a food bank in Kensington? They don't in the rest of the country.

Why won't they support the Trussel Trust running one?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 07:34:38 pm by wilts rover »

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 10, 2020, 07:33:27 pm by Ldr »
Ldr.

You posted it (without comment). Shouldn't it be you to set down the evidence as to what the truth is. At the moment all we have is second hand LBC or a London newspaper comment?

No, the facts are there, you choose to ignore what's there, I cant say I'm shocked. At least BST is fairly balanced you are totally indoctrinated

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 10, 2020, 07:35:13 pm by drfchound »
Ldr.

Wilts, the matter has been passed to the gaffer.
Starmer has said he will get to the bottom of it.

Strange thing is though, if it had been a Tory in the same situation as Mason then I feel certain that this forum wouldn’t be debasing the newspaper which wrote about it.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 10, 2020, 07:39:21 pm by wilts rover »
Ldr.

No, the facts are there, you choose to ignore what's there, I cant say I'm shocked. At least BST is fairly balanced you are totally indoctrinated

Labour councillor is disciplined after appearing in Tory campaign ad video - would appear to be the only actual 'fact'.

But don't let that stop you.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 10, 2020, 07:40:40 pm by Ldr »
Ldr.

Labour councillor is disciplined after appearing in Tory campaign ad video - would appear to be the only actual 'fact'.

But don't let that stop you.

Keep pulling straws comrade

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 10, 2020, 07:40:59 pm by wilts rover »
Ldr.

Wilts, the matter has been passed to the gaffer.
Starmer has said he will get to the bottom of it.

Strange thing is though, if it had been a Tory in the same situation as Mason then I feel certain that this forum wouldn’t be debasing the newspaper which wrote about it.

Hound, I have a feeling that if it we a Tory in the same situation several posters in this thread would be noticeable by their abscence

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 10, 2020, 07:42:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

If it is all about the video and not him helping with the food distribution itself, don't you think the original reportage is distorting the matter?

PS I thought the discussion was about the OP, not what you decide it to be.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 10, 2020, 08:24:32 pm by drfchound »

If it is all about the video and not him helping with the food distribution itself, don't you think the original reportage is distorting the matter?

The OP was posted with comment.
The discussion arose from that.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 10, 2020, 08:25:44 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

If I was replying to anything after the OP, I'd have quoted it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 10, 2020, 08:26:25 pm by drfchound »

If I was replying to anything after the OP, I'd have quoted it.

Of course you would.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 10, 2020, 11:07:59 pm by SydneyRover »

Hey hound you've already been disciplined by bst to which you've neither explained nor apologised  :)

Of course, Sydney will be getting out of his bed soon so yes, let’s get it right eh.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012