Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:32:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 92370 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #1530 on December 31, 2020, 11:16:27 am by SydneyRover »
Not very charitable to the party you once voted for, did they snub you at all selby?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #1531 on December 31, 2020, 11:21:55 am by i_ateallthepies »
Not very charitable to the party you once voted for, did they snub you at all selby?

Probably not, Sydney.  He just became a 'Fur Coat No Knickers' Capitalist.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #1532 on December 31, 2020, 12:22:46 pm by albie »
Coco's dad gone French now;
https://www.metro.us/british-pm-johnsons-father/

We must be a laughing stock across the water.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1533 on December 31, 2020, 04:03:47 pm by selby »
  Don't be silly pies, gold weave under clothing thanks very much, a lot better than not having two half pennies to scratch your arse with.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1534 on December 31, 2020, 06:37:55 pm by SydneyRover »
Coco's dad gone French now;
https://www.metro.us/british-pm-johnsons-father/

We must be a laughing stock across the water.

From what I read Albie it's more of stunned disappointment in the lies and trickery used to acheive it and most struggle with the concept that the UK would sacrifice it's reputation as an upholder of international law.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1535 on December 31, 2020, 06:55:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »
One referendum and two general elections down the road and still some on here can't accept it. Eventually everyone should come together for the future benefit of Britain. I suspect our differences with Germany and Japan after the war will have been put aside quicker than some will get over Brexit.

Who hasn't accepted the result? I don't see anyone saying Leave didn't win. Or are you saying people aren't allowed to criticise us leaving? Should we just blindly celebrate something we believe will make the country worse off?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1536 on December 31, 2020, 07:12:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Precisely DO.

If someone drives a bus off a cliff, telling them that it's going to hurt when you hit the bottom doesn't mean you don't accept you've gone off the cliff.

Some folk on here will tell us when the bus finally hits the ground that it would have grown a pair of wings if only enough Remain supporters had believed it would.

Anyway. Happy New Year everyone. Tomorrow we start a new life with a Brexit that no-one ever discussed in 2016. And apparently that is a democratic triumph.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 07:17:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1537 on December 31, 2020, 08:12:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
One referendum and two general elections down the road and still some on here can't accept it. Eventually everyone should come together for the future benefit of Britain. I suspect our differences with Germany and Japan after the war will have been put aside quicker than some will get over Brexit.

Who hasn't accepted the result? I don't see anyone saying Leave didn't win. Or are you saying people aren't allowed to criticise us leaving? Should we just blindly celebrate something we believe will make the country worse off?

Some people don't see the irony when they don't accept BLM themselves.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1538 on January 01, 2021, 12:14:12 pm by selby »
  Glyn, try hard and get back to being a normal person again.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1539 on January 01, 2021, 02:33:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Swivel on it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1540 on January 01, 2021, 03:44:17 pm by selby »
  Last week I listened to a programme that actually had looked back at what was claimed by the remain and Brexit sides of the debate before the referendum. 
  They found that the remain side told percentage wise more untruths than the Brexit side, although they said it was now difficult for the ordinary person to check up because the remain site had been taken down after they had published their results.
 They said nothing about the quality of lies though.
  But personally I don't find it half as annoying as when the full details of where the EU was going was brushed over, and the full result of the Maastricht Treaty was with held from the general public and us not having a vote on it at the time, knowing that in the UK there would have been a very good chance of it being rejected then in the UK.
  I would rather have people tell porkies that you have a very good chance of being exposed as such, but have a chance to accept or reject them than be marginalised and ignored as we were with that treaty, and I think was part of the reason that a large proportion voters of a certain age voted the way they did, to some it was retribution on the EU and John Major, and him with others like Milliband who had lost face so recently nailing their colours to the remain mast so vocally again cemented a lot of older voters minds to get out. They and the remain side just didn't realise it.
  The remain side had all the old snide faces leading it from their past, and the Greens, Liberals, and Starmer going back and forward to Brussels by the back door just nailed their fate.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1541 on January 01, 2021, 03:52:01 pm by Not Now Kato »
  Last week I listened to a programme that actually had looked back at what was claimed by the remain and Brexit sides of the debate before the referendum. 
  They found that the remain side told percentage wise more untruths than the Brexit side, although they said it was now difficult for the ordinary person to check up because the remain site had been taken down after they had published their results.
  But personally I don't find it half as annoying as when the full details of where the EU was going was brushed over, and the full result of the Maastricht Treaty was with held from the general public and us not having a vote on it at the time, knowing that in the UK there would have been a very good chance of it being rejected then in the UK.
  I would rather have people tell porkies that you have a very good chance of being exposed as such, but have a chance to accept or reject them than be marginalised and ignored as we were with that treaty, and I think was part of the reason that a large proportion voters of a certain age voted the way they did, to some it was retribution on the EU and John Major, and him with others like Milliband who had lost face so recently nailing their colours to the remain mast so vocally again cemented a lot of older voters minds to get out. They and the remain side just didn't realise it.
  The remain side had all the old snide faces leading it from their past, and the Greens, Liberals, and Starmer going back and forward to Brussels by the back door just nailed their fate.

Seems you've been reading Johnson's book selby....

https://www.newstatesman.com/books/2014/11/one-man-who-made-history-another-who-seems-just-make-it-boris-churchill

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1542 on January 01, 2021, 04:28:24 pm by selby »
  Never read any of those in my life Kato, but the Fisher investment advert "how far does a million pound go in retirement" might interest me.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1543 on January 01, 2021, 04:39:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Do you have the name of the program?

Was it the StrongerIn website? Anyone can freely use the wayback machine to look at websites from the past.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160303173147/http://www.strongerin.co.uk/

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1544 on January 01, 2021, 06:44:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Don't bother asking for details, it's always 'something I heard'.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1545 on January 01, 2021, 07:45:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Don't bother asking for details, it's always 'something I heard'.

Perhaps from the balanced (:laugh:) TalkRadio.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1546 on January 02, 2021, 11:11:34 am by Not Now Kato »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1547 on January 02, 2021, 01:58:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I don't know what they're worried about. It's just Project Fear, it's never going to happen!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1548 on January 02, 2021, 02:06:39 pm by ravenrover »
Well seeing as this thread has been superceded by events isn't it time to call it a day and close it?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1549 on January 03, 2021, 12:25:03 pm by Not Now Kato »
Here's someone else not happy getting what he voted for....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-fishing-boris-johnson-b1779438.html

But don't worry, we got Blue Passports!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1550 on January 03, 2021, 01:33:46 pm by wilts rover »
Well seeing as this thread has been superceded by events isn't it time to call it a day and close it?

Not being that particualry tech savvy (it only being my job like) as I started the thread can I lock it?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1551 on January 03, 2021, 02:31:55 pm by drfchound »
Wilts, someone will just start another one mate.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1552 on January 03, 2021, 03:33:25 pm by Donnywolf »
Not sure anyone but Mods / Admin can lock a Thread but why not let me put this

Mods / Admin - could someone please lock this Thread as people feel ut has run its course

Other users - Pease avoid posting after this - Thread being locked

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1553 on January 03, 2021, 03:51:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Surely there's nothing wrong with talking about the recent aftermath and affects positive or negative in the Brexit thread?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1554 on January 03, 2021, 05:25:19 pm by ravenrover »
DO what is the title of this thread? It's turning into a political argument

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1555 on January 03, 2021, 05:33:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »
DO what is the title of this thread? It's turning into a political argument

I'm sure that can be changed quite easily.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1556 on January 03, 2021, 06:41:59 pm by selby »
  Useless Netherlands Postal service, we sent a tracked parcel on the second of December to Alkmaar which arrived in Holland on the 3rd of December and was finally delivered to Trudy our friend yesterday.
  I make that well done Royal Mail and useless Dutch postal service.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1557 on January 03, 2021, 06:44:34 pm by Filo »
  Useless Netherlands Postal service, we sent a tracked parcel on the second of December to Alkmaar which arrived in Holland on the 3rd of December and was finally delivered to Trudy our friend yesterday.

What has the Dutch postal service got to do with this thread?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1558 on January 04, 2021, 12:17:40 am by SydneyRover »
''Brexit: Boris Johnson's claims about its benefits fact-checked''

''Boris Johnson was asked on the BBC's Andrew Marr show how "ordinary voters" in a place such as Leigh in Greater Manchester (which voted Conservative in the 2019 election) would benefit from Brexit''

The prime minister gave several examples, which we will look at in turn.

https://www.bbc.com/news/55522329

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1559 on January 04, 2021, 06:16:17 am by Donnywolf »

What has the Dutch postal service got to do with this thread?

He wanted to stick the clog into someone - the rotter - dam -  my no pun resolution gone already

TinyPortal © 2005-2012