Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 01:03:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Refunds Letter from Gavin Baldwin  (Read 8463 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Refunds Letter from Gavin Baldwin
« Reply #30 on June 22, 2020, 04:00:34 pm by roversdude »
DW great point - nobody should feel pressured into any of the options. Everyone has their own set of circumstances and must do what is right for them
Hope you’re ok by the way

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 22, 2020, 04:06:48 pm by keyser_soze »
i was on a Zoom call with a colleague and she was delighted her husband had been able to get a refund on his season ticket for a big Premier league club, had paid for a holiday for them. Different ball game in more ways than one.

Kudos to those who can afford to donate, i suppose most had written off the money anyway, and echo the sentiments that those who will need the refund shouldn't be made to feel bad for taking it.

I'm not a regular at the Rovers so don't have any tickets to donate but i've made sure to kit ourselves out with new shirts etc to support the club.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 22, 2020, 04:29:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Every little helps, good that there is an option as that is the main thing really and keeps everyone on board.  Fully agree nobody should be looked down on for any of their choices.  To me it's probably not a lot to others it really is.

I think there's a big difference between enacting this as a rovers fan and a premier League fan it's a different world.

I have great concern for what the club will look like in 12 months time. But less concern than I would at other clubs and that's a credit to the owners and staff.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 22, 2020, 06:10:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
Do we really know what is happening at other Clubs? I think there’s a fair chance that some will be struggling, but I’m not sure the majority are and it could be that some are pleading poverty to lure people into thinking they’re going to be a ‘daft touch’ next season.

I could be a million miles away from what actually is happening elsewhere, but I wouldn’t trust some of the Club owners in this division.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 22, 2020, 06:16:14 pm by silent majority »
Alan, seriously?

Quite a number of clubs are in real dire straights. With no income how do you expect they are doing?

Quite a number are fundraising in all kinds of ways, for some/most, it may be the bit that makes all the difference.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 06:24:52 pm by silent majority »

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 22, 2020, 06:54:37 pm by Scooter »
Option 1 100% absolute no-brainer for me. I didn’t expect anything back in return so the fact the club have offered an incentive is amazing

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 22, 2020, 07:22:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
Can I just say, then, Martin, just what is the EFL doing about it? Do you think they are going to let most of the Clubs in leagues 1 and 2 go to the wall? If that is truly the case, then it kind of underlines where the EFL’s loyalties lie. Or am I missing something fundamental?

Everyone knows there’s plenty of money in the EPL ( Chelsea have already made a huge signing for next season, the value of which could have eased The 46 teams problems in leagues 1 and 2). But there is quite a chunk to be had in the Championship, as we’ve experienced ourselves in recent times. But the single most damaging fact of the matter is there is this totally lob-sided reward for Clubs getting relegated from the Premiership. Until something is done about that, I can’t see much changing at lower league level.

Just what are the EFL doing about the knock-on effects of this pandemic on (especially) the Clubs in leagues 1 and 2? These are unprecedented times and it calls for unprecedented measures. Where and what are they?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 22, 2020, 08:24:12 pm by sha66y »
Sorted....rather the club than my pocket

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 22, 2020, 08:37:49 pm by Jenny »
As a family we will be opting for Option 1 for 19/20. We bought our adult tickets on Black Friday so we have had plenty of value out of them already and as far as I am concerned its money already spent and I never had any expectation of getting a refund, it was the same for the Bury game too.

Next season is going to be a different settle of fish and I dont expect a resolution will be forthcoming any time soon.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 22, 2020, 08:54:33 pm by IDM »
Can I just say, then, Martin, just what is the EFL doing about it? Do you think they are going to let most of the Clubs in leagues 1 and 2 go to the wall? If that is truly the case, then it kind of underlines where the EFL’s loyalties lie. Or am I missing something fundamental?

Everyone knows there’s plenty of money in the EPL ( Chelsea have already made a huge signing for next season, the value of which could have eased The 46 teams problems in leagues 1 and 2). But there is quite a chunk to be had in the Championship, as we’ve experienced ourselves in recent times. But the single most damaging fact of the matter is there is this totally lob-sided reward for Clubs getting relegated from the Premiership. Until something is done about that, I can’t see much changing at lower league level.

Just what are the EFL doing about the knock-on effects of this pandemic on (especially) the Clubs in leagues 1 and 2? These are unprecedented times and it calls for unprecedented measures. Where and what are they?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the EFL IS the clubs.?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 22, 2020, 10:05:36 pm by since-1969 »
This could be the perfect time for the board to suss out either new owners or selling part of the club to the supporters to invest in . Or not in either case but I’ll keep my STs going for next year any ...in for penny and all that !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 22, 2020, 10:54:07 pm by Filo »
This could be the perfect time for the board to suss out either new owners or selling part of the club to the supporters to invest in . Or not in either case but I’ll keep my STs going for next year any ...in for penny and all that !

Why would you want new owners?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 23, 2020, 12:01:31 am by Draytonian III »
⬆️⬆️⬆️ Exactly why do want new owners, like who ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 23, 2020, 08:28:35 am by roversdude »
I’m more than happy with the owners we’ve got, and thankful that the club is run so well.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 23, 2020, 08:55:42 am by wing commander »
  New owners??? Why would that thought even crop into your head???? You only have to look around at other clubs this season Bury have gone,Charlton,Bolton,Macclesfield etc etc..No thank you,i'm more than grateful for the owners we have and how well the clubs run..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 23, 2020, 09:42:25 am by roversdude »
Guys it close season - wouldn’t be the same without someone having a dig about the owners and their ambitions. It’s time we banded together to help however we can

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 23, 2020, 10:20:02 am by ridgewoodrover »
Just phoned and done mine, asked about what people were doing, pleased to hear the vast majority are giving back to our great club  :rtid:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 23, 2020, 10:25:43 am by silent majority »
The response has been overwhelming!

When we first sat down to talk about it we looked around at what other clubs had done and decided to do it even better. We still had to wait for the EFL to decide what the outcome of the season was going to be, but once that was done it was just a matter of putting things in place.

What happens now, and in the next month or two, depends very much on how we as supporters can continue to support the club. The budget, players and staff being retained, will all be shaped by what we can do with no football to watch. It really does depend on us to a much larger degree than it has before.

The good thing is the response has been really positive if social media is anything to go by. Well done all!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 23, 2020, 10:28:26 am by idler »
Surely there can't have been a worse time for anybody to consider buying a football club?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 23, 2020, 10:36:09 am by StocktonRover »
Surely there can't have been a worse time for anybody to consider buying a football club?
I would have thought that now was a bad time to sell but a good time to buy - for all of the wrong reasons though.
I'm very happy with our current ownership.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 23, 2020, 10:45:17 am by idler »
I know what you mean Stockton but it is more uncertain than ever before. A very very uncertain future ahead.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 23, 2020, 10:46:22 am by DonnyOsmond »
The response has been overwhelming!

When we first sat down to talk about it we looked around at what other clubs had done and decided to do it even better. We still had to wait for the EFL to decide what the outcome of the season was going to be, but once that was done it was just a matter of putting things in place.

What happens now, and in the next month or two, depends very much on how we as supporters can continue to support the club. The budget, players and staff being retained, will all be shaped by what we can do with no football to watch. It really does depend on us to a much larger degree than it has before.

The good thing is the response has been really positive if social media is anything to go by. Well done all!

When we looking at updating the club shop and releasing the new shirt? Surely that would bring in a few quid?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 23, 2020, 11:07:24 am by selby »
  The present owners are fantastic and I hope they carry the flag for many a year, but it would be nice to add to them though with people who would work with them without upsetting the apple cart.

Welling Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 23, 2020, 11:24:44 am by Welling Rover »
Donation 1
Just sorted

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 23, 2020, 11:43:45 am by RobTheRover »
Did mine yesterday and I'm renewing my season ticket today for 20/21.  Every little helps.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 23, 2020, 01:54:38 pm by dknward2 »
Tbh nobody would real want to buy drfc as we don’t have anything worth selling. Can’t sell cantley park or the stadium the players are only worth what some other club is willing to pay.

If someone does want to buy the club they would need to invest 10s of millions to get to the premiership then sell potentially for some sort of profit

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 23, 2020, 02:09:50 pm by silent majority »
Tbh nobody would real want to buy drfc as we don’t have anything worth selling. Can’t sell cantley park or the stadium the players are only worth what some other club is willing to pay.

If someone does want to buy the club they would need to invest 10s of millions to get to the premiership then sell potentially for some sort of profit

Not really. Having such a long lease gives companies room to exploit the assets if they want to. Which is exactly why we had a certain hedge fund trying to con their way into buying (sic) the club.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 23, 2020, 02:28:20 pm by graingrover »
Season pass to I follow has yet to be sorted by EFL ..any rebate decided will in my case be donated back to the club .

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on June 23, 2020, 02:31:29 pm by dknward2 »
But aren’t the keepmoat and cantley park classed as community assets so it’s not like someone can buy rovers and knock down keepmoat or bulldoze cantley park and build homes.

So what I’m saying is it’s not easy to make a quick buck on our club

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 23, 2020, 03:05:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
We have such a great deal with the council that if you can - as we are trying to do - really rinse the asset there is huge upside benefit. We pay I see to remember a fixed 100k annually and if you can really market the Keepmoat for events, conferences, concerts etc, your gearing for that investment means it is all upside. 100k is peanuts as annual fixed rent for an asset of that size and with zero competition within 20 miles.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012