Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:07:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton apparently interested in Darren Moore  (Read 8351 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Bolton apparently interested in Darren Moore
« on June 26, 2020, 06:32:52 pm by PDX_Rover »
Taking the piss, surely?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

albie

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton apparently interested in Darren Moore
« Reply #1 on June 26, 2020, 06:37:58 pm by albie »
They are looking at that Klopp bloke as well, to step up from Anfield.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 26, 2020, 06:44:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Click bait!

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 07:50:19 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 26, 2020, 07:15:59 pm by Filo »
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

They need to realise they are not Premier League anymore, they are League Two, deluded owners there 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 26, 2020, 07:43:21 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Hahahahahahaha

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 26, 2020, 07:46:26 pm by vaya »
I think people are a bit too quick to judge here.
It's an attractive job for anyone wanting to go part time. You're never going to do a full fixture list, you can just pick and choose which games to turn up to. Excellent for the work/life balance.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 26, 2020, 08:34:07 pm by elmsallrover »
Funny thing is we all said the same thing 12 months ago and look what happend a few days later

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 26, 2020, 08:38:58 pm by redandwhitearmy »
Funny thing is we all said the same thing 12 months ago and look what happend a few days later

In fairness that was completely different.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 26, 2020, 08:42:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

They need to realise they are not Premier League anymore, they are League Two, deluded owners there 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Be fair - if you were a Bolton fan, wouldn't you want owners who were ambitious..?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 26, 2020, 08:43:57 pm by Retdon1 »
He’s a pundit on sky for the WBA-Brentford game tonight

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 26, 2020, 09:27:16 pm by scawsby steve »
I think people are a bit too quick to judge here.
It's an attractive job for anyone wanting to go part time. You're never going to do a full fixture list, you can just pick and choose which games to turn up to. Excellent for the work/life balance.

Genius.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 27, 2020, 10:29:33 am by selby »
  In these times of money shortages I think a price tag to buy out his contract of lets say £5 million would be about right for a transfer to such a well off well run club club.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 27, 2020, 10:36:14 am by Chris Black come back »
Our model is I think still a rolling 12 month contract. If Moore has taken some form of wage cut then this obviously is then reflected in the reduced compensation (12 months of salary) that another club would have to pay.

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 27, 2020, 10:39:13 am by Frankie Rennie »
Well guys who’d have thought that? Personally I’ve always rated big Darren and thought West Brom were premature dismissing him but fair play to Donny for jumping in for him. Ok Wanderers may be down at the moment but what a great time for someone to come in and turn it around. I’m still confident we will get Evatt but I’d be more than happy with DM. As for would he come? Of course he would. We might be a League lower today but the chance to build something bigger at Bolton must surely appeal and that’s no disrespect to Donny. Anyway, like I say, it will be Evatt this week.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 27, 2020, 10:45:44 am by Alan Southstand »
Absolute bullsh1t!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 27, 2020, 10:51:27 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Aye, there's nothing so appealing to someone at a club that sticks by managers as jumping into a revolving door club at a lower level.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 27, 2020, 10:56:58 am by silent majority »
Well guys who’d have thought that? Personally I’ve always rated big Darren and thought West Brom were premature dismissing him but fair play to Donny for jumping in for him. Ok Wanderers may be down at the moment but what a great time for someone to come in and turn it around. I’m still confident we will get Evatt but I’d be more than happy with DM. As for would he come? Of course he would. We might be a League lower today but the chance to build something bigger at Bolton must surely appeal and that’s no disrespect to Donny. Anyway, like I say, it will be Evatt this week.

I'm afraid you're very much mistaken. DM values some things much more than just 'building something bigger'.

No, he joined this club, and continues to work hard for DRFC because he values the philosophy that is at the heart of everything this club does under the Club Doncaster model. He spoke about it at length when he joined the club, and stated it was the major factor for him joining. He's spoken about it again in recent weeks.

If you think winning at football is all that counts you'd be barking up the wrong tree, it's more about your social conscience and winning at life that DM values.

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 27, 2020, 11:12:05 am by Frankie Rennie »
Well of course you can all kid yourself about loyalty and all that but Darren knows that as soon as results go against him he’ll be out like anyone else. That’s football today I’m afraid, dog eat dog, there is no loyalty. Also if his current contract expires at the end of this month as it probably does, then he can leave for nothing so you can forget your silly buy out fees. To be fair most Wanderers fans want Evatt and I’m still confident it will be him in the next few days but should that not happen and rumours around DM are true you guys may have to just face up to facts like it or not.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 27, 2020, 11:43:30 am by Campsall rover »
With all due respect i think you need to have a look in your Bolton Wanderers mirror.
You are not the Club you used to be and only got where you did anyway by overspending. If you think that makes you a big club then that’s your purgative. But you can keep it.
For me DRFC are a much “bigger” club because we have been run as a football club should be run for the last 22 years.

Should be prerogative not purgative.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:14:14 pm by Campsall rover »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 27, 2020, 11:44:55 am by Alickismyhero »
Frankie,
just two points:

1. Our managers don't get the sack after a poor run of results eg Ferguson didn't win a game in a run of 17 games and got us relegated. He still never got the sack, he walked out on us.

2. Darren is on a 1 year rolling contract so he will have 12 month left at any point he leaves.

Daren just like Sean O'Driscoll is a man of moral high standards but we have to accept that the show moves on that's the way football works.

Personally I don't think Darren will be moving any time soon.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 27, 2020, 11:46:40 am by silent majority »
Well of course you can all kid yourself about loyalty and all that but Darren knows that as soon as results go against him he’ll be out like anyone else. That’s football today I’m afraid, dog eat dog, there is no loyalty. Also if his current contract expires at the end of this month as it probably does, then he can leave for nothing so you can forget your silly buy out fees. To be fair most Wanderers fans want Evatt and I’m still confident it will be him in the next few days but should that not happen and rumours around DM are true you guys may have to just face up to facts like it or not.

It's a rolling 12 month contract, which means it always has 12 months to run.

And I can assure you we won't be sacking him if results don't go our way, that's not what we as a club are about.

I notice you have completely ignored the information I gave you earlier, but if you don't believe me maybe Darren's words will suffice?

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/club-gets-darren-moore-whole-boss-his-commitment-doncaster-rovers-2543353

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 27, 2020, 11:48:32 am by Campsall rover »
Darren Moore will not be leaving to go to the likes of Bolton Wanderers.
Not a chance imo.
He has much higher standards than that both as a person and as a Football manager.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 27, 2020, 11:57:54 am by Wiltshire Exile »
With all due respect i think you need to have a look in your Bolton Wanderers mirror.
You are not the Club you used to be and only got where you did by overspending. If you think that makes you a big club then that’s your purgative. But you can keep it.
For me DRFC are a much “bigger” club because we have been run as a football club should be run for the last 22 years.

Oh Campsall, don’t you just love predictive text?  :) Purgative, apparently, means strongly laxative! I’ll say no more!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 27, 2020, 11:59:42 am by DonnyOsmond »
I reckon Darren would only accept Championship if it wasn't for us. He definitely wouldn't go to a joke League Two club.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 27, 2020, 12:01:10 pm by Campsall rover »
You are not the Club you used to be and only got where you did by overspending. If you think that makes you a big club then that’s your purgative. But you can keep it.

Oh Campsall, don’t you just love predictive text?  :) Purgative, apparently, means strongly laxative! I’ll say no more!
Brilliant. Sending some to Keith Hill !

Should be Prerogative of course but as far as BW are concerned the laxative version seems more appropriate.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:08:30 pm by Campsall rover »

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 27, 2020, 12:03:05 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Brilliant. Sending some to Keith Hill !
:lol: :lol: :lol:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 27, 2020, 12:11:22 pm by roversdude »
I have serious worries that Darren might end up with some high ranking job within the FA But Bolton never

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 27, 2020, 12:16:30 pm by Campsall rover »
I have serious worries that Darren might end up with some high ranking job within the FA But Bolton never
If he does then the likes of Bolton W might get their just rewards.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012